logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline raoulduke  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:23:33 AM(UTC)
raoulduke

I've asked a few questions and people seem to be really kind, considerate and insightful, so I'll ask the one that has been on my mind for a while. Can you really have a relationship with Yahweh, and how? I mean is there really a difference in your life? I don't expect loud voices talking to me or anything but is it really possible? I have a desperate urge to to draw close to Yahweh but I'm sort of scared.

Thanks
Mike.
Offline Juski  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:46:47 AM(UTC)
Juski

Yes you can have relationship with Yahweh, that's the whole point! Just talk to Him, and listen out for a reply. He's your daddy he wants to know you so much. For me He's there all the time, good, bad, inbetween I can talk to him anytime any place , and after a bit of practice I've got quite good at hearing what he has to say back. It's not an audible voice, although I know others here have experienced that, but just a voice in my head that sounds just like me but I know its not, if that makes any sense.

If you don't have relationship then what's the point, knowledge is great, but only if it leads you to know Him better. Don't be scared he's waiting for you, talk to Him, write Him a letter, tell Him your fears, and see what happens. I believe Yahweh talks to everyone its jsut a matter of tuning in to the right frequency. Writing letters was the way I found I learnt how to communicate with yah best, I'd write what I was feeling/ thinking about. then ask Yah a question about it. ThenI jsut wrote down whatever came into my head after that. If it seems Biblical, and something that Yah would say then it probably is.

What have you got to lose? Talk to your Daddy :)
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:37:23 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's a really good reply, Juskie. I too have heard the soft voice. And Mike it is very scary at first because you are afraid that you might be decieved or that you might just be making up stuff to comfort yourself. For me personally there are a few ways to avoid that fear. Be a Berean. As Juskie said, weigh everything against the sciptures. If it's something that Yahuweh would want or would say according to what he has said in the scriptures then it is him. Don't expect to get the answers you want or how you want to hear them or when you want to hear them. I will ask for peace or wisdom or understanding about something and I will wait for hours or days, and then I will be replying to a message on the board and the concept that I prayed to understand will come to me with particular resonance and happiness in understanding...it's as if I had always known it. The joy is that I know that I was confused to the point of madness and that I didn't find the answer on my own and there it is like poof right in front of me and I realize my fingers had been used by Yahuweh to answer me. Pray according to Yahuweh's will and not your own. What I mean is Don't ask Yahuweh for 10 billion bucks and lots of chicks in bikinis. Pray to him for things that he would want you to have. When I first started out on this path I knew virtually nothing. I prayed to Yahuweh for wisdom as Solomon did. I have grown in the word so much in the last 6 months that it's almost impossible for me to believe I could have done it on my own. The connections I make and the understanding that I have gained are just incredible. Mind you I am not perfect, but I have come so so so far in so little time. And last but not least....persist. I will only say one more thing. You should not be afraid to have a relationship with your heavenly Father. He loves you more than you can comprehend. If you do not speak with him and if you do not give him the chance to speak to you...others will. In my experience once I opened myself up to true belief in Yahuweh's word and acquiecense to his existence and his plan, I was attacked and accused and berated by the adversary or his minions endlessly. I believe he did it because I had opened the door but I hadn't walked through. He was desperate for me to close that door while still standing on the other side. He reminded me of the horrible things I have done in my life, the bad things, the untasteful things, the things I did when I was 3 years old the things I did when I was 5 years old, he reminded me of taking a cookie and blaming it on a fly when I was 4 years old, he tried to make it obvious to me that I had no hope. He scratched open old wounds, long past embarassments, and ancient regrets. It's his ply and trade make us abandon hope. I believe Yahuda (Judas) could have been forgiven. But he wouldn't allow Yahuweh to forgive him because he had allowed himself to be accused by the adverstary to the point of no return. David was a murderer and an adulterer...Moshe was a murderer as well. But these men were beloved by Yahuweh. Death is the steepest penalty in the scriptures and Yahushua payed it all in full so that you could have a relationship with him...HalleluYAH! Before that time I had some sense of moral duty or what not. But I really felt no guilt for the things I had done. It was like a storm in me all of the sudden. I think he knew that this was his last gamble and he put all the chips into the center of the table. Fortunately he lost, and I walked through that door. I think that in a way you have opened yourself up to this too. No matter if you like it or not you will keep some sort of company. It might as well be Yahuweh.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:40:08 AM(UTC)
kp

It's just as Juski said, Mike. "Talk to your Daddy." It's no surprise that you're in awe of Yahweh. Those closest to Him are---it's what our English Bible translations misleadingly call "fearing God." It's reverence, really. Let's face it: we're infants in our relationship with Him, or at least we start out that way. And even when we've walked with Him for over half a century, as I have, we still feel like grade-schoolers. Our "Papa" is big and strong, and He has capabilities and purposes we can't even imagine, they're so far beyond us. All we kids know is that He loves us, protects us, provides for us, and when He asks us to do things, it's for our own good, not His. Even though He runs the whole universe, He seems to enjoy nothing more than to come home, hug His kids, and let us babble on about our busy day. He's actually interested in us! Wow.

But a I said, we start out as infants. Our communication skills are limited, to say the least. Maybe all we can do is smile. Pretty soon, we get the idea that He's smiling back at us. It's a start. He gets excited when we say our first words, when we take our first steps. He doesn't get angry when we fall down; it's expected. Yes, we should make progress as we grow older---chew solid food (doctrine), speak in full sentences (prayer), and respect our brothers and sisters (fellowship). And there are times when we can expect Him to raise His voice to us---when we deliberately disobey, or when we hurt our siblings. But even if (when) He gets angry with us, Father Yahweh always loves us, for we are His children. We have a relationship with Him, and He with us. Don't be afraid to "draw close," Mike. It's precisely what Papa wants most. Communicate with Him as best you can.

Of course, as we grow older, we come to realize that there are kids who live down the block who have no relationship with our Father. They don't respect Him, and they don't love Him, because they don't know Him. They are either children of somebody else, or they're orphans. Now the orphans, raggedy though they might appear, are objects of Papa's intense interest. In fact, He would like to adopt them and bring them home. But since they don't know Him, they're terrified and confused. They've heard all kinds of stories, not many of them true, and they don't know what to believe. That's why Papa asks us to go down the street, make friends with the orphans, and tell them all about Him---how wonderful He really is. If we don't introduce them to our Father, if they don't come home to live with us, they're liable to freeze to death this winter. It's their choice, but the least we can do is invite them.

kp
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:30:00 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
KP certainly has a way with metaphors, as the picture he painted fits perfectly.

For me, it is hard to tell you about a difference in my life, as I don't really remember not having a relationship with Yahuweh. Before I came to know his name, I was at a church revival, and the guy was asking people when they were saved, and all these people knew exactly how old they were and what was going on. I didn't have that, because for me, I had always been in a relationship with Yahuweh, I couldn't remember a time when I wasn't (as an aside, the guy made me feel ashamed and I got the feeling he thought I wasn't saved, because I didn't know the exact date, I'm glad that my relationship with Yahuweh was strong enough that I didn't bother paying attention to him). Now, this doesn't mean I am perfect, as I certainly can recall when I have messed up, but those don't really matter, I just tell him what I did and I keep trying to get better. It it like talking to "Dad", although there are times when instead I feel like I am talking to a brother or a best friend (Yahushua) and even times when I feel like my "Mom" is there comforting me (Ruach Qodesh). I almost have a running dialog in my head throughout the day, though I don't actually hear an audible voice talking back.

I will assure you though, there is no reason to be afraid. Give in to that urge, as he has the same urge for you to enter a relationship with him. It really is like kp illustrated, right now you are in that infant stage, but he is there watching over you, eager to teach you, interact with you, and get to know you.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:11:54 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
simple answer? Yes.

How? Well - how do you have a relationship with anyone?

In the time that I have broken free from Christianity I have realized that almost every relationship on the planet is a guide/shadow/sketch of the relationship Yah wants with us, I think its something He decided to reveal to me, you know what of those eureka moments... Anyway, if you know how to have a relationship with another person, you are on the right track :)

and pretty much what everyone else said. :)

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:47:28 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
kp wrote:

Of course, as we grow older, we come to realize that there are kids who live down the block who have no relationship with our Father. They don't respect Him, and they don't love Him, because they don't know Him. They are either children of somebody else, or they're orphans. Now the orphans, raggedy though they might appear, are objects of Papa's intense interest. In fact, He would like to adopt them and bring them home. But since they don't know Him, they're terrified and confused. They've heard all kinds of stories, not many of them true, and they don't know what to believe. That's why Papa asks us to go down the street, make friends with the orphans, and tell them all about Him---how wonderful He really is. If we don't introduce them to our Father, if they don't come home to live with us, they're liable to freeze to death this winter. It's their choice, but the least we can do is invite them.

Your a poet KP a true American Poet.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline raoulduke  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 11:45:33 PM(UTC)
raoulduke

Thanks guys for your responses, they help a lot. And it's true Kp you are an american poet. lol

Mike