logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Prodigal  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 9:35:56 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

I'm only into the Unleavened Bread chapter of Book 2, so maybe this is covered later, but I hadn't run across anything yet, so here goes:

Quote:
Speaking of the corruptive nature of this fungus, God would go on to say: "Indeed (kiy - because), any and every (kol) soul (nepesh) who consumes (‘akal - eats and feeds upon, is nourished by) yeasted food (hames - bread which includes yeast and has become soured) shall be cut off and separated (karat -banished, cut down, severed, and uprooted; will face death and destruction upon being eliminated) from (min) Yisra’el (‘ys sarah ‘el - individuals who strive, struggle, persist, endure, and persevere with and are empowered by God), from the first (ri’sown) day (yowm) until (‘ad) the seventh (shabiy’iy) day (yowm)." (Exodus 12:15)

I remember from the radio shows (in the Galatians debate) that Yada mentioned circumcision being required based on similar wording, but I know I've ignored Unleavened Bread in the past and I'm positive I've eaten yeasted food during most, if not all of those days, so are we striving in vain? My reasoning being that if we miss one of these, we've been separated from the family.

Is it as easy as starting to observe this to be welcomed back to the family (or adopted in the first place)? Similarly, with circumcision, if it's done later than 8 days old, is it still sufficient? My hunch is yes to both.

I've also read in one of these discussions about the difference between observing the Miqra'ey (sp?) (something I'd love to start and think would be relatively easy to convince my wife to share with me) and performing the Miqra'ey in their entirety (somehow I don't think she'd be happy with me tossing 8+ loaves of bread, 20 boxes of cereal, etc). I understand the difference and I understand that acting them out is a good reminder and demonstration of what Yahuweh has done and continues to do for us, but I'm having trouble discerning what He's asking of us. I'm relatively new to all this, so it may just be my confusion. Anyways, I remember Ken saying something about the differences between Israel and the rest of us (Israel should be acting and reading the lines, while the rest of us are watching and learning, was the gist of it). Is it specifically Israel (blood relations back to Abraham) or all of Yahudah (including us adopted kids) that should be doing the acting?

Another thing I was thinking while reading was that if Yahushua died on Passover, and rose on First Fruits, what happened to the other 5 days between the two? Isn't First Fruits the last day of Unleavened Bread?

Thanks in advance.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 11:25:32 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Prodigal, most all of us ignored or were unaware of Unleavened Bread, until recently. Now that we are aware of it, it is incumbent upon us to study and understand it, acting it out is important in that we learn from performing it. Just as circumcision has a symbolic importance, and while we should have our children circumcised on the eight day because that is what Yah asked, Abraham was a grown adult when he was circumcised.

When it comes to Unleavened Bread, the important thing is to understand that the yeast is symbolic of sin and corruption, so as Ken pointed out in another thread, more important than removing every spec of yeast from your house would be to do a self assessment and try to remove sin from your life. Abstaining from yeasted bread for a week is a good way to remind you of it, and practicing it, not in a mindless way, but understanding it and performing it go hand in hand.

In my view understanding the meaning is more important than following them ritualistically. But once you come to understand them, or even before, you will benefit from performing them. The degree to which you take it is up to you. If you have children you might take it further, so that you can use it as a teaching aid, then you might if it is just you and your wife. Two adults can understand the meaning of it quite easily, where as for children taking them through the process of removing yeast and explaining it to them as you go can be very helpful and informative. Just as Yahushua said the the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, the Miqra are the same. They were given for our benefit, following them and understanding them helps us to learn about Yahuweh and our relationship with Him. They serve to teach us.

For myself, I abstain from eating or buying yeasted items for the week. If there happens to be a half a loaf of bread in the cabinet, I don't throw it away, but I don't eat it, if I had children I might take it a step further and take the bread explaining it to them, and either throw it away, or remove it from the house, so that I can teach them. It's all very personal between you and Yahuweh.

Also I think your timing is a little off. Passover occurs, then the next day starts the week of Unleavened Bread, and then the second day of Unleavened Bread is First Fruits. So there was not 5 days between Passover and First Fruits.

Hope this was helpful.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/20/2018(UTC)
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 12:22:01 PM(UTC)
kp

James explained the timing thing, but let me hit it again, relating it to the Passion week to help you get a handle on it. Friday, the 14th of Nisan (which began on Thursday at sunset) is Passover. Yahshua was crucified as the lambs for the feast were being slaughtered---on Friday afternoon, making John the Baptist's proclamation ring true: He is "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." Sundown Friday was the deadline for both the removal of leaven from the homes and the slaying of the lambs: the two things are equivalent.

Saturday, Nisan 15 (beginning at sundown on Friday night) was the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. The Torah designates this as a Sabbath, and such was the literal case in 33. The condition of leaven-less homes was a fait accompli by this time. But this is a seven-day feast, the number being symbolic of completion or perfection. Of what? Of what having the leaven gone meant---the condition of sinlessness as a symbolic fact in the lives of Yahweh's children.

Sunday, Nisan 16 (which began at sundown after the Sabbath) marked the Feast of Firstfruits. This of course is prophetic of the resurrection of Yahshua ("the firstborn of the dead"), which happened precisely on schedule. This feast falls on the second day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread---that is, within the context of the achievement of our sinless status before God.

Never let it be said that Yahweh is making this stuff up as He goes along.

kp
Offline Prodigal  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 1:04:01 PM(UTC)
Prodigal

Thanks for the help. I guess I was under the impression that it went Passover -> Unleavened Bread -> First Fruits, with First Fruits either being the last day of Unleavened Bread or the next day.
Offline Bubsy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:20:32 AM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Prodigal wrote:
I remember from the radio shows (in the Galatians debate) that Yada mentioned circumcision being required based on similar wording, but I know I've ignored Unleavened Bread in the past and I'm positive I've eaten yeasted food during most, if not all of those days, so are we striving in vain? My reasoning being that if we miss one of these, we've been separated from the family.

Is it as easy as starting to observe this to be welcomed back to the family (or adopted in the first place)? Similarly, with circumcision, if it's done later than 8 days old, is it still sufficient? My hunch is yes to both.

I would concur that the consumption of yeasted bread during Unleavened Bread in past years is one of the sins that would be removed when one starts to observe the Miqra'ey as part of engaging in Yahowah's Covenant. One would only consume yeasted bread during Unleavened Bread out of ignorance, if he didn't know of Yahowah's Torah and Feasts, or out of intentional rebellion if he did know. Either way, that sin would certainly keep one from Yahowah.

This also puts into doubt in my mind when Yada wrote, "once saved, always saved". It seems to me that one could still blow it by eating a bacon cheeseburger during Unleavened Bread, or missing Yom Kippurym in a subsequent year if he dropped his guard. I recall reading somewhere in the material on the site about Yahowah saying he would blot out of the Book of Life those who sinned against him. I suspect either of those two would constitute blotting-out offenses, and necessitate starting over.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 8:18:52 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Keeping matsah perfect and being circumcised are apples and oranges. One must be circumcised before they can participate in the covenant, Yah is clear as day on that, but Yah does not say or imply that we must keep the Miqray 100% perfect to benefit from them.

I can't tell you how many times I have messed up and ate yeasted bread during Matsah, I think I did better this year than in past. Yah kept the Miqray perfect so we don't have to.

There is this idea, a left over from religion I think, that Yah is kind of sitting there waiting for a reason to kick someone out of the family. The opposite is true. Yah is looking for those who want to join the family. His requirements for that are simple and easy, and perfectly keeping the miqray isn't part of it.

"Once saved always saved" isn't completely true. You can, theoretically, come to know Yah, accept Yah's covenant and then later decide to knowingly reject it. I don't know why anyone would ever make this choice, but free will still exists and they could. That said once you have come to know Yah and accept Yah's covenant, your salvation is secure until you choose to reject it. Yah will not kick you out of the family because you grabbed a burger during matsah, or ate some tortilla's you didn't realize were made with yeast.

This is the difference between observe and keep. Yah instructs us to observer the miqra, not to keep them let alone keep them perfectly.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:19:52 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
But I, Richard, say ...

Sorry. Couldn't help that. A question did occur to me this year, and that is, "What about using cornstarch?" My understanding is that it is indeed a type of yeasting agent, but it is also a common ingredient in baby powder, which both my wife and I use regularly. My usage is based on advice from my PCP, so I was unwilling to stop using it. We don't eat the stuff, so what does the Family think about that?
Offline Mike  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 5:56:30 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Richard,

I don’t see where corn starch is used as a leavening agent itself, it can be an ingredient in baking powder acting as a drying agent but it is not the leavening agent. Corn starch is used as a thickening agent in soups, sauces, and gravies not a leavening agent. Corn starch is used as an anti-caking agent in baby powder and powdered sugar. Corn starch comes from corn (zea mays) which is indigenous to the Americas. Corn (zea mays) wasn’t introduced to Europe, Africa, or Asia until after Columbus in 1492 CE. Therefor the Israelites didn’t have corn or corn starch 3500 years ago on the first Pesach.

This is the same point that I make about baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and baking powder (sodium bicarbonate + monocalcium phosphate) leavening agents. These are chemicals that weren’t available until after 1800 CE so the Israelites didn’t have them 3500 years ago on the first Pesach.

Shalom
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 7:18:18 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you, Mike.
Offline Sarah  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 9:34:39 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Richard,

I can't seem to play the SM Archives on Bless Yahowah.com I get a message saying my computer can't "find the file" ??

Offline Bubsy  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 12:59:02 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

I have an observation on unleavened bread. I still have the last box of a 5-pack I bought ahead of Passover/Unleavened Bread/Firstfruits in 2015. And the unleavened bread in it is still good and edible now, 10 or 11 months later as I write. I know from previous experience that if I had bought a loaf of leavened bread around that time and forgotten about it until now, it would be all green and moldy, with who knows how many "science experiments in progress" in it. The unleavened bread, by contrast, has not gone bad. And when I want to flavor it a bit with salt, it tastes pretty good by spreading some olive oil on it, then sprinkling salt over it. Symbol-rich, and tasty too.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline Bubsy  
#12 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:27:18 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Some further observation and putting pieces together - I seem to recall that leavening yeast was also referred to as "embittering yeast", and Yada referred to yeast as being symbolic of religion and politics. These days, it's really hard to miss how embittered those on the political left, including most mass media, have become over Trump's victory over Hillary Clinton, and continue to be bitter during his presidency. Muslims are legendary for how bitter they become at any perceived slight to their religion or to Muhammed. Even adherents to the various Christian denominations are known to take offense when their religion is questioned. I also seem to recall that in Hebrew, there is an expression for someone angry or enraged that describes them as "leaven-baked". That certainly fits all those religious and political characters I mentioned, and no doubt many more. But those who engage in the Covenant do trust Yahowah and can easily enough let go of religion and politics, and the influence does indeed get removed, as the seven days of Unleavened Bread symbolizes.
Offline Stewart James  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 9:42:46 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have read through all the above posts as part of my preparation and study!

As I am preparing for the forthcoming Miqra of Pesach, Matsah and Bikuwrym, my first time accepting this invitation. I was intending to search the forum for details on what exactly is considered Leaven. That is until as part of my studies I came across these posts and I read that :-

“You shall consume (‘akal – you shall eat and partake in) Matsah – Unleavened Bread (Matsah – food without yeast) for (‘eth) seven (seba’ – representing the promise associated with seven) days (yowym), and you shall not be seen or associated with (wa lo’ ra’ah la – with the goal of you not being looked upon in association with) yeast (hames – fungus and that which is soured). And (wa) the yeast fungus (sha’or – the remnant which is left) shall not be seen or associated with you (lo’ ra’ah la) within (ba) any portion of your boarders or territory (kol gabuwl – your entire realm).” Shemowth - Names - Exodus 13:7 Yada Yah translation!

I take that to mean we should not be seen with, or associated with yeast or leaven. Symbolically that means any yeast based product. Therefore I am planning ahead to use up any products that I know have yeast in them and there are many these days. So is looks like not only bread, but anything that has yeast to produce it!

So far as other raising agents are concerned, I am not really sure, but we are specifically instructed concerning yeast!Therefore it seems clear to me we should prepare in advance and not leave it to the last moment! I will not be buying bread 2 weeks before!

I have Marmite, which is a yeast based product and one of my favourites for spreading on bread, so for me, this has to go. I will search out other products in my house too as part of this process!

The other leaven we need to deal with is that which is leaven in our lives and sours us and potentially our relationship with Yahowah, for if we continue to sin and celebrate the first 3 Miqra, we miss the point entirely would you not think? The picture unleavened bread is symbolic of removing sin is it not?

The yeast is an agent to raise or puff up a product or leaven it, so by removing the yeast we stop the leavening process just as we do by attempting to push sin ot of our lives, thus we become cleansed. Well, this is how I have come to understand Matsah as part of the process of understanding Yahowsha's atoning (at one ing) sacrifice ready for firstfruits and being adopted!

Comments and correction are welcomed!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Stewart James  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:25:41 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

I was directed to http://www.blessyahowah.com/a/feasts.html for futher instruction and understanding.

I can immediately see that this is an invaluable resource for details of how to observe the festival of Pesach, Matsah and Bikuwrym.

About half way down the page you will find a complete set of Audio Discussions from 2013 and 2014, files that you can download and listen to in your own time and receive further understanding of the importance of following this path via Pesach.

Indeed we are blessed with these resources making it far easier to understand and make the right choices! We are not alone!

I had my headphones on, closed my eyes and listened intently to all that Yada had to say for Pesach, next up is Matsah and Bikuwrym.

Of course this is already building on what I have already learned.

My concern turns to what exactly my two boys shold learn from this? I am in an ongoing discussion with my wife about my boys becoming circumcised, so this is difficult for me. Any advice you can give would be welcome!

Shalowm.
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:55:18 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

What simplified understanding Unleavened Bread for me the most was:

1. Yeast represents sin and corruption.
2. Bread represents the soul.

The called-out assembly meeting of Unleavened Bread marks the process of removing sin and corruption from our souls. Removing yeast from all bread you consume during the 7 days is symbolic of that process, and a way of understanding the process. Literally avoiding the consumption of yeasted bread during this time, at least with me, requires some discipline and planning. Going to a pizza restaurant during this time isn't exactly helpful for avoiding yeasted bread, for example, to put it mildly. The same with the various sandwiches, including hamburgers and hot dogs. That's typically a time during which I go for Chinese and Mexican food for lunch.
One could also equate the "leavening yeast" of the Pharisees and Saducees to religion and politics, two things Yahowah insists we disassociate from and leave behind.
Offline Mike  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 5:38:53 PM(UTC)
Mike

I saw the new moon sliver last night at sundown, March 18, 2018 and the barley is Abi in Israel. So according to my calculations, I will celebrate Pesach at sundown on March 31, 2018; Matsah at sundown on April 1, 2018. I personally will celebrate Bikuwrym at sundown on April 7, 2018.

Abib Barley kernals
thanks 1 user thanked Mike for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/20/2018(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:07:39 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Originally Posted by: Mike Go to Quoted Post
I saw the new moon sliver last night at sundown, March 18, 2018 and the barley is Abi in Israel. So according to my calculations, I will celebrate Pesach at sundown on March 31, 2018; Matsah at sundown on April 1, 2018. I personally will celebrate Bikuwrym at sundown on April 7, 2018.

Abib Barley kernals

Mike can you educate me on yor choice of Bikuwrym celebrations on April 7th? I had understood that there were 3 days one after another after reading Yada Yah, Bikuwrym volume! As per below! Page 1

Bikuwrym means “FirstFruits.” The Festival depicts, as the name implies, a
“harvest of firstborn children.” The Miqra’ is observed immediately after
Unleavened Bread, in that Pesach, Matsah, and Bikuwrym occur on three
successive days. The Feast was first celebrated as the Children of Yisra’el entered
the Promised Land. Therefore, it describes the homecoming of God’s family.

The only reasoning I can imagine is that Bikuwrym - adoption into Yah's family is after the perfecting of Matsah which is not complete until 7 days has passed! However that is not what I find in Yada Yah!

I look forward to your reply at your earliest opportunity!
thanks 1 user thanked Stewart James for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 3/29/2018(UTC)
Offline Mike  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:11:43 PM(UTC)
Mike

Hi Stewart,

I am going to celebrate Bikuwrym from sundown April 7, 2018 through sundown April 8, 2018. I am doing so because I interpret Qara / Leviticus 23:11 to mean the day after the weekly Sabbath, not necessarily the day after Matsah. Approximately every 7 years, Bikuwrym will be the day after Matsah so in 33 CE that is how it was. I think that Yahowah designed it this way for two reasons; one so that it could help us verify that 33 CE was the correct Yowbel year and two it increased the odds against fulfilling the prophecies on time.

Lev 23:11 And he shall waveH5130 (H853) the sheafH6016 beforeH6440 Yahowah,H3068 to be acceptedH7522 for you: on the morrowH4480 H4283 after the sabbathH7676 the priestH3548 shall waveH5130 it.

In Qara 23:11 the word for Sabbath is H7676 not H7677. If Yah had used H7677 instead of H7676 then I agree that Bikuwrym would always be the day after Matsah. But Yah used H7676 so that is why I celebrate when I do.

Examples of when Yah used H7677 are:
Qara 23:24 – Taruwah
Qara 23:32 – Yom Kippurym
Qara 23:39 – Sukkoth

H7676
שׁבּת
shabbâth
BDB Definition:
1) Sabbath
1a) sabbath
1b) day of atonement
1c) sabbath year
1d) week
1e) produce (in sabbath year)
Part of Speech: noun feminine or masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: intensive from H7673

H7677
שׁבּתון
shabbâthôn
BDB Definition:
1) Sabbath observance, sabbatism
1a) of weekly sabbath
1b) day of atonement
1c) sabbatical year
1d) of Feast of Trumpets
1e) of the 1st and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H7676

H7673
שׁבת
shâbath
BDB Definition:
1) to cease, desist, rest
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to cease
1a2) to rest, desist (from labour)
1b) (Niphal) to cease
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to cause to cease, put an end to
1c2) to exterminate, destroy
1c3) to cause to desist from
1c4) to remove
1c5) to cause to fail
2) (Qal) to keep or observe the sabbath
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root

Lev 23:9 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:10 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest.
Lev 23:11 ‘And he shall wave the sheaf before יהוה, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it.
Lev 23:12 ‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to יהוה,
Lev 23:13 and its grain offering: two-tenths of an ĕphah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to יהוה, a sweet fragrance, and its drink offering: one-fourth of a hin of wine.
Lev 23:14 ‘And you do not eat bread or roasted grain or fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your Elohim – a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:15 ‘And from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, you shall count for yourselves: seven completed Sabbaths.

בכוריםH1061

H1061
בּכּוּר
bikkûr
BDB Definition:
1) first-fruits
1a) the first of the crops and fruit that ripened, was gathered, and offered to God according to the ritual of Pentecost
1b) the bread made of the new grain offered at Pentecost
1c) the day of the first-fruits (Pentecost)
Part of Speech: noun masculine plural
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H1069

H1069
בּכר
bâkar
BDB Definition:
1) to be born first
1a) (Piel)
1a1) to bear early, new fruit
1a2) to give the right of the firstborn
1a2a) to make as firstborn
1a2b) to constitute as firstborn
1b) (Pual)
1b1) to be born a firstling
1b2) to be made a firstling
1c) (Hiphil) one bearing her first child

H7620
שׁבעה / שׁבע / שׁבוּע
shâbûa‛ / shâbûa‛ / shebû‛âh
BDB Definition:
1) seven, period of seven (days or years), heptad, week
1a) period of seven days, a week
1a1) Feast of Weeks
1b) heptad, seven (of years)
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: properly, passive participle of H7650 as a denominative of H7651
Offline JShamar  
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:58:50 PM(UTC)
JShamar
Canada

Hey Mike,

Im wondering about what exactly it is we're supposed to do on Bikuwrym... I just mixed a bowl of flour, wine, and oil and now I'm supposed to cook it over a fire while waving a sheaf of grain(spaghetti is the closest thing I have on hand) on top of it?

Can someone fill me in on the process here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally Posted by: Mike Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stewart,

I am going to celebrate Bikuwrym from sundown April 7, 2018 through sundown April 8, 2018. I am doing so because I interpret Qara / Leviticus 23:11 to mean the day after the weekly Sabbath, not necessarily the day after Matsah. Approximately every 7 years, Bikuwrym will be the day after Matsah so in 33 CE that is how it was. I think that Yahowah designed it this way for two reasons; one so that it could help us verify that 33 CE was the correct Yowbel year and two it increased the odds against fulfilling the prophecies on time.

Lev 23:11 And he shall waveH5130 (H853) the sheafH6016 beforeH6440 Yahowah,H3068 to be acceptedH7522 for you: on the morrowH4480 H4283 after the sabbathH7676 the priestH3548 shall waveH5130 it.

In Qara 23:11 the word for Sabbath is H7676 not H7677. If Yah had used H7677 instead of H7676 then I agree that Bikuwrym would always be the day after Matsah. But Yah used H7676 so that is why I celebrate when I do.

Examples of when Yah used H7677 are:
Qara 23:24 – Taruwah
Qara 23:32 – Yom Kippurym
Qara 23:39 – Sukkoth

H7676
שׁבּת
shabbâth
BDB Definition:
1) Sabbath
1a) sabbath
1b) day of atonement
1c) sabbath year
1d) week
1e) produce (in sabbath year)
Part of Speech: noun feminine or masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: intensive from H7673

H7677
שׁבּתון
shabbâthôn
BDB Definition:
1) Sabbath observance, sabbatism
1a) of weekly sabbath
1b) day of atonement
1c) sabbatical year
1d) of Feast of Trumpets
1e) of the 1st and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H7676

H7673
שׁבת
shâbath
BDB Definition:
1) to cease, desist, rest
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to cease
1a2) to rest, desist (from labour)
1b) (Niphal) to cease
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to cause to cease, put an end to
1c2) to exterminate, destroy
1c3) to cause to desist from
1c4) to remove
1c5) to cause to fail
2) (Qal) to keep or observe the sabbath

Lev 23:9 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:10 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest.
Lev 23:11 ‘And he shall wave the sheaf before יהוה, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it.
Lev 23:12 ‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to יהוה,
Lev 23:13 and its grain offering: two-tenths of an ĕphah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to יהוה, a sweet fragrance, and its drink offering: one-fourth of a hin of wine.
Lev 23:14 ‘And you do not eat bread or roasted grain or fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your Elohim – a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:15 ‘And from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, you shall count for yourselves: seven completed Sabbaths.

בכוריםH1061

H1061
בּכּוּר
bikkûr
BDB Definition:
1) first-fruits
1a) the first of the crops and fruit that ripened, was gathered, and offered to God according to the ritual of Pentecost
1b) the bread made of the new grain offered at Pentecost
1c) the day of the first-fruits (Pentecost)
Part of Speech: noun masculine plural
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H1069

H1069
בּכר
bâkar
BDB Definition:
1) to be born first
1a) (Piel)
1a1) to bear early, new fruit
1a2) to give the right of the firstborn
1a2a) to make as firstborn
1a2b) to constitute as firstborn
1b) (Pual)
1b1) to be born a firstling
1b2) to be made a firstling
1c) (Hiphil) one bearing her first child

H7620
שׁבעה / שׁבע / שׁבוּע
shâbûa‛ / shâbûa‛ / shebû‛âh
BDB Definition:
1) seven, period of seven (days or years), heptad, week
1a) period of seven days, a week
1a1) Feast of Weeks
1b) heptad, seven (of years)
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: properly, passive participle of H7650 as a denominative of H7651

Offline Stewart James  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 2:34:51 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Mike thank you for your detailed explanation!

I am finding it pretty hard to determine all the instructions, but I am not giving up. I already sent a post to James's post "Which 7 days?" in which I pose a few thoughts, though at writing, it is not yet posted on this forum.

First if you consider 14th Abib to 21st Abib then that is 8 days if you count all dates mentioned! But for 7 days you shall eat unleavened bread!

I have a feeling, though cannot say I am right that though Pesach, Matsah and Bikurym are all 3 intertwined. So 14th is Pesach and 15th is Matsah - the first day of cleansing and a called out meeting. The 7th day called out meeting of Matsah would be on 21st!

If the 8 days are correct, then that would be 1st day Pesach and 7 days of Matsah with Bikuwrym either on 16th or 21st.

The 21st would make sense in that cleasing is completed before adoption into Yahowah's family home! We have to also consider 3 days from crucifiction to resurrection of Yahowsha's soul!

I am trying to be observant, but I am somewhat confused. Pesach and Matsah have been just fine, but Bikuwrym I am not sure? As I mentioned, Yada Yah proposes 3 days one after another, so then what about the 7th called out meeting and the purpose? It feels like the 7th day called out meeting is Bikurym after the process of cleansing! I am trying to work out the instructions as given, instead of making it fit my ideas!
thanks 1 user thanked Stewart James for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 4/2/2018(UTC)