logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline childofyahweh  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:14:00 PM(UTC)
childofyahweh

shalom. one here is a recent participant..what is meant by verse? come out of HER my people? is this a spiritual act ?are there physical requirements?is it keeping the sabbath?GODS WORLD translation calls HER,BABYLON...in what ways are yahs children in HER and in BABYLON and how do we come out of HER?Confused
a man and a living spirit.a child of yahweh ,heir to my father's house.standing in the presence of yahweh at all times and all ways.
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 11:18:22 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yahowah refers to Babylon as a great whore and speaks of the wine of her fornications. Thus the reference to "her" when urging us to come out. Hope this helps.
Offline childofyahweh  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:41:20 AM(UTC)
childofyahweh

BABYLON(HER) was a prison of sorts,not only for the obvious slaves who were foreigners, it was also for the people,the citizens of the king of BABYLON. the slave obey the will of the citizens who owns and commands them,the citizens obey the" will of the king" who owns and commands them.solomon had said that "there is nothing new under the sun". revelations 18:4 implies that we are either "foreign slaves" or that we are" citizens "of BABYLON under the will of the king. yahweh our father commands all does he not?in what ways are we still in "HER" and how do we come "out"? ...praise the most high yahweh!!
a man and a living spirit.a child of yahweh ,heir to my father's house.standing in the presence of yahweh at all times and all ways.
Offline InHisName  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:26:55 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Welcome to the forum ChildOfYahweh,

Babylon is the world collective of institutions created by man. Religion, government, military and business all fit into the concept of Babylon. These institutions exist to control how we live and rarely(never) is that how Yahowah wants us to live.

Leaving Babylon then means to personally disassociate from these institutions. I have physically left religion, yet still find myself thinking in christian concepts. I haven't voted in years, yet can't help keeping abreast of what is happening in politics. And I think our dependence on big business should also be avoided, but I haven't gotten there yet.

So leaving Babylon is a process of walking away from these institutions as we turn to and walk towards Yah; of lessening our dependence on them as we learn to depend on Yah; it is learning that having a master is not what Yah wants for us. Walking towards Yah should be the same process as walking away from Babylon; it is learning who He is and isn't; and who He wants us to be and not be.

I think your wanting to praise Yahuwah is probably from that religious mindset of Yah being our master. He is not like that. He wants to be our loving father not our controlling god.

If you haven't yet, you should read the works associated with this forum, they are enlightening.

Good Luck getting out of Babylon! BigGrin
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:47:35 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:54:55 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Context is MYSTERY BABYLON. Chapter 17 has more detail and sets context...so like our present corrupt world:

h1. Revelation 17

*1* And one of the seven messengers who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying to me, “Come, I shall show you the judgment of the great whore sitting on many waters,

*2* with whom the sovereigns of the earth committed whoring, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her whoring.”

*3* And he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast covered with names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

*4* And the woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup filled with abominations and the filthiness of her whoring,

*5* and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BAḆEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

*6* And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the set-apart ones, and with the blood of the witnesses of יהושע. And having seen her, I marvelled – greatly marvelled!

*7* And the messenger said to me, “Why did you marvel? Let me explain to you the secret of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.

*8* “The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the pit of the deep and goes to destruction. And those dwelling on the earth, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, shall marvel when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

*9* “Here is the mind having wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.

*10* “And there are seven sovereigns: five have fallen, and one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he has to remain a little while.

*11* “And the beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes to destruction.

*12* “And the ten horns which you saw are ten sovereigns who have not yet received a reign, but receive authority as sovereigns with the beast for one hour.

*13* “They have one mind, and they shall give their power and authority to the beast.

*14* “They shall fight with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for He is Master of masters and Sovereign of sovereigns. And those with Him are called, and chosen, and trustworthy.”

*15* And he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and crowds, and nations, and tongues.

*16* “And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these shall hate the whore, and lay her waste and naked, and eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

*17* “For Elohim did give it into their hearts to do His mind, to be of one mind, and to give their reign to the beast, until the words of Elohim shall be accomplished.

*18* “And the woman whom you saw is that great city having sovereignty over the sovereigns of the earth.”
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:01:12 PM(UTC)
cgb2

h1. Revelation 18

*1* And after this I saw another messenger coming down from the heaven, having great authority, and the earth was lightened from his esteem.

*2* And he cried with a mighty voice, saying, “Baḇel the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, and a haunt for every unclean and hated bird,

*3* because all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her whoring, and the sovereigns of the earth have committed whoring with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the power of her riotous living.”

*4* And I heard another voice from the heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

*5* “Because her sins have piled up to reach the heaven, and Elohim has remembered her unrighteousnesses.

*6* “Render to her as she indeed did render, and repay her double according to her works. In the cup which she has mixed, mix for her double.

*7* “As much as she esteemed herself and lived riotously, so much torture and grief give to her, because in her heart she says, ‘I sit as sovereigness, and I am not a widow, and I do not see mourning at all.’

*8* “Because of this her plagues shall come in one day: death and mourning and scarcity of food. And she shall be burned up with fire, because יהוה Elohim who judges her is mighty.

*9* “And the sovereigns of the earth who committed whoring and lived riotously with her shall weep and mourn over her, when they see the smoke of her burning,

*10* standing at a distance for fear of her torture, saying, ‘Woe! Woe, the great city Baḇel, the mighty city, because your judgment has come in one hour!’

*11* “And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, because no one buys their merchandise any more –

*12* merchandise of gold and silver, and precious stone and pearls, and fine linen and purple, and silk and scarlet, and all citron wood, and every object of ivory, and every object of most precious wood and bronze and iron and marble,

*13* and cinnamon and incense, and fragrant oil and frankincense, and wine and oil, and fine flour and wheat, and cattle and sheep, and horses and carriages, and bodies and lives of men.

*14* “And the fruit that your being longed for has gone from you. And all your riches and splendour are lost to you, and you shall find them no more, not at all.

*15* “The merchants of these, those who became rich by her, shall stand at a distance for fear of her torture, weeping and mourning,

*16* and saying, ‘Woe! Woe, the great city that was dressed in fine linen and purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!

*17* ‘For in one hour such great riches was laid waste.’ And every shipmaster, and every passenger, and sailors, and as many as work the sea for their living, stood at a distance,

*18* and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?’

*19* “And they threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning, and saying, ‘Woe! Woe, the great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she was laid waste.’

*20* “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you set-apart emissaries and prophets, for Elohim has completely avenged you on her!”

*21* And one mighty messenger picked up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “With such a rush the great city Baḇel shall be thrown down, and shall not be found any more at all.

*22* “And the sound of harpists, and musicians, and flutists, and trumpeters shall not be heard in you any more at all. And no craftsman of any trade shall be found in you any more at all. And the sound of a millstone shall not be heard in you any more at all.

*23* “And the light of a lamp shall not shine in you any more at all. And the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you any more at all. For your merchants were the great ones of the earth, for by your drug sorcery all the nations were led astray.

*24* “And in her was found the blood of prophets and set-apart ones, and of all who were slain on the earth.”
Offline Shema  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:07:31 AM(UTC)
Shema

InHisName wrote:

Babylon is the world collective of institutions created by man. Religion, government, military and business all fit into the concept of Babylon. These institutions exist to control how we live and rarely(never) is that how Yahowah wants us to live.

Exactly, these institutions are not the way of YHVH, but the way of man. The way of man is inherently controlling and they like to lord themselves over others.
The way of man is opressive and leads to self destruction. Everthing these institutions touch is cursed.

One should also understand that the way of man seems right and is appealing to himself. He sees himself as righteous, good and caring.

Back in the days of Jerimiah, Israel strayed from YHVH's way (torah) and desired (lusted after) the way of man. They liked the foreign gods, their armies and their way of life. Basically, the things that appeal to man. So YHVH gave Israel what they wanted. He said that Israel would go into exile in Babalyon and serve their king and their gods.

Likewise today, man is under the boot of his own making because he has rejected YHVH's torah. The keeping of torah is inherently going to lead to disassociation from these institutions because they are simply not compatible with torah. So, InHisName is exactly right, walking towards YHVH will be walking away from Babylon.

Rejecting torah led to being given over to Babylon and getting out requires keeping of torah.

Shema
Offline Bubsy  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 5:45:02 AM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Putting together Hizikyah's post in the Mystery Babylon topic, with all its pictures of the Roman Catholic Church that illustrate scriptural descriptions, including from Revelation 17 and 18 above, when I re-read Revelation 18:8 through 18:19, a thought occurred to me - perhaps when the Apophis asteroid hits Earth, it doesn't splash down in the north Atlantic and wipe out coastal financial cities and the world's financial system in a great tsunami, as I got the impression from Future History, but what if it impacts land instead, specifically on Rome? The Whore of Babylon seems to be the Roman Catholic Church, and Revelation 18:8 mentions her plagues shall come in one day (very suddenly). If the Apophis asteroid scores a direct hit on Rome, or even breaks up, spreading fiery debris over a wide area, the Vatican, with all its fancy, ornate buildings (all its riches and splendor from Rev 18:14) could literally be burned up and destroyed in one day by our clocks, and even in one hour by our clocks, the damage would be done. The "great star, burning like a torch" could well be Yahowah's judgment upon the RCC, and the cause of sorrow for those who empowered or enriched themselves from the RCC and its "holy days", to see Rome literally burning up, whether from ships in the Mediterranean, or on TV around the world.

And speaking of the Merchants of Babylon, considering the ads I have heard on the radio lately advertising things for "Valentine's Day", one of the RCC's substitute "holy days" for Yahowah's miqra'ey, it made me wonder if Sherrie's Berries (advertising a special because of that day), Pajamagrams (also suggesting themselves for that day), 1-800-Flowers (advertising a special on roses for that day), and others that seek to profit on the various "holidays" commonly observed these days (like candy makers), might be specific examples of the Merchants of Babylon. Another, more seriously immoral candidate for Merchants of Babylon, would be corporatists who team up with big governments around the world, seeking to enrich themselves through the use of government force, whether pushing for legislation that tries to mandate the purchase of their products, or regulations to stamp out their competition. In short, those who try to get rich other than by serving the needs, wants, and desires of their customers in honest competition. Thoughts from others on this?
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline Sarah  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:24:21 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just my musing here . . .

I am beginning to see the RCC as a multi-faceted organism - a body with 'flesh' covering over a system of 'nerves' -- a religious whore with great influence over the 'waters' of peoples - her 'flesh' being her religious icons, basilicas, liturgy, vestments, 'holy days,' Sun Day worship, masses for the dead, daily Mass, Pope (White Horse?) which covers over her 'nervous system' - The Jesuits. Perhaps they are The Merchants of Babylon; perhaps they are The Ones who really control most of the world's finance and commerce, more than we ever imagined (Black Horse) . . . Perhaps Apophis will destroy their master computer in Rome . . .