logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hermine Dow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:52:45 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

And by the names of their gods, you must not be compelled to memorialize, mention, recall, nor proclaim them...

I homeschooled my 5 children through highschool. I taught them about 'gods', other mighty ones, other religions in World History...in a factual way, not for the purpose of following/believing, etc. Do you think I shouldn't have?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 5:45:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
In the context of the verse I think the memorialized, commemorated, invoked connotations of zakar are what is being spoken of. It's using these pagan names as in positive ways that Yah is opposed to. Teaching your children of pagan religions and pagan gods is a good thing, it allows them to see the difference between these false gods and the real one.

Teaching your children, or more especially compelling them to pray to the lord in the name of jebus christ amen is what Yah is speaking of, but even if you did that in ignorance Yah will not hold it against you once you turn from it and walk to Him on His path.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Hermine Dow  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:00:28 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

that's what I'm thinking and hoping...none of them go to church anymore, and that's GOOD. Of course it freaks them out that I'm actually glad they're not going to church anymore...and hoping that someday they WILL come to the truth.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
If speaking the names of the pagan god's is enough to end a relationship with Yah then most everyone here is in trouble, not just from our English vocabulary, but many like myself found YY through POD, which is full of such things.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand