logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:29:10 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Could anyone please refresh me on the basis YY uses to determine that First-Fruits always follows the day immediately after Matsah also being the second after Passover. It has been presented to me that First-Fruits follows after Weeks, not before and I wish to cofrim which is correct.

-Theo
Offline Mike  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:26:55 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Theophilus,

Personally, this has confused me also. But there is no way that Bekurym (first fruits) follows Shabuwa (the feast of weeks). After reading Qara (Leviticus) chapter 23 like a gazillion times, I don’t believe that Bekurym always follows the first day of Matsah either. I think that Bekurym is always on the first day of the week after the first day of Matsah (Saturday sun down until Sunday sun down). In 33 CE I believe it was both on the first day of the week and the day after the first day of Matsa. The first day of Matsa isn’t referred to as a Shabbat or a Shabbathon. If Bekurym is always on the first day of the week after the first day of Matsah then that is just so Yah because it ups the odds against prophetic fulfillment. The odds of Bekurym being on both the first day of the week and the day after the first day of Matsah is 1 in 7.

Lev 23:1 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:2 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and say to them, ‘The appointed times of יהוה, which you are to proclaim as set-apart gatherings, My appointed times, are these:
Lev 23:3 ‘Six days work is done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a set-apart gathering. You do no work, it is a Sabbath to יהוה in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:4 ‘These are the appointed times of יהוה, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times.
Lev 23:5 ‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to יהוה.
Lev 23:6 ‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to יהוה – seven days you eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7 ‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.
Lev 23:8 ‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ”
Lev 23:9 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
Lev 23:10 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest.
Lev 23:11 ‘And he shall wave the sheaf before יהוה, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it.
Lev 23:12 ‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to יהוה,
Lev 23:13 and its grain offering: two-tenths of an ĕphah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to יהוה, a sweet fragrance, and its drink offering: one-fourth of a hin of wine.
Lev 23:14 ‘And you do not eat bread or roasted grain or fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your Elohim – a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Shalom

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:50:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JamesH  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:47:35 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi Theo, Mike

Seems like there are 2 different First Fruits in Leviticus.
Need to take a look at these verses in the original language.

Three Annual Feasts
Exodus 23 : 14- 17
 16 and the Feast of Harvest, the firstfruits of your labors which you have sown in the field; 

First fruits " When you come into the land which I give to you"
Leviticus 23 : 10
9 And YHWH spoke to Moses, saying, 10 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest.

First fruits "The Feast of Weeks"
Leviticus 23 : 17
 17 You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to YHWH.

Book 2: Invitations to Meet 
Bikuwrym – FirstFruits

http://YadaYahweh.com/pd...to_Meet_God_Bikuwrym.pdf
Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 10:37:30 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Three Annual Feasts
Exodus 23 : 14- 17

shloshah ragal chathan shanah ath

S7969 shloshah                         S7270 ragal             S2859 chathan
a prim. number; three               to walk along                join in affinity 

( Lamed )                                  S8141 shanah                S852 ath
teach, yoke, to, bind               a year                            a portent:- sign

Translation
•   Three walks to join in affinity to Me a year  a portent.

---------–----------------------------------------------------------------

"First festival, - feast"

chag matstsah shamar shibah yowm akal matstsah asher tsavah mowadah chodesh
abiyb kiy alah Mitsrayim raah ( pag " or" piggul ) reyqam

S2282 chag                   S4682 matstsah
a festival, - feast             in the sense of greedily devouring for sweetness 

S8104 shamar
to hedge about ( as with thorns ), i.e. guard, protect, attend to, keep

S7651 shibah                                          S3117 yowm              S398 akal
a prim. cardinal number; seven            to be hot; a day          to eat

S4682 matstsah                                                                     S834 asher 
 in the sense of greedily devouring for sweetness          which, what, that

S6680 tsavah                                         S4150 mowadah
to constitute, enjoin:- command           an appointment, i.e. a fixed time or season

S2320 chodesh                      S24 abiyb
the new moon; a month          to be tender; green, i.e. a young ear of grain; month Abib

S3588 kiy                                                      S5927 alah                      S4714 Mitsrayim
prepositional prefix ( for in it, as in )         to ascend, to go up           Egypt 

S7200 raah             S6291 pag                      or                            S6292 piggul
to see                    to be torpid, i.e.  crude; an unripe fig        to stink; unclean

S7387 reyqam:                                           
emptily, ineffectually, undeservedly     

Translation     "Matstsah"
• A festival, - feast of greedily devouring for sweetness you will protect and attend to. Seven days eat in the sense of greedily devouring for sweetness which enjoin an appointment in the month of Abib. For in it you ascended up from Egypt who was seen to be crude, unclean and emptily, ineffectually, undeservedly.

"Second festival, - feast"

chag qatsiyr bikkuwr maaseh asher zara sadeh

S2282 chag                             S7105 qatsiyr
 a festival, - feast                    harvest ( as reaped )

S1061 bikkuwr                                                  S4639 maaseh         S834 asher
the first-fruits of the crop:- firstfruit        an action; work          who, which, what, that

S2232 zara                                  S7704 sadeh                     
to sow                                         to spread out; a field          

Translation      "Bikkuwr" ( seven sabbaths from Matstsah )
•    A festival, - feast from the harvest ( as reaped ) the first-fruits of the crop of your work that you sowed in the field.

Third festival, - feast

chag aciph keth shanah acaph maaseh sadeh

S2282 chag                     S614 aciph
 a festival, - feast               gathered, i.e. a gathering in of crops

S3706 keth                                                                  S8141 shanah
thus " and so forth":-  at such a time                          a year

S622 acaph                                  S4639 maaseh             S7704 sadeh
to gather for any purpose           an action; work            to spread out; a field

Translation  "Sukah "
•  A festival, - feast a ingathering of crops at such a time a year when you gather to work in the field

--------------------------------------------------------------------------              

In the United States and China, there are two seasonal wheat crops - spring wheat and winter wheat. Winter wheat accounts for nearly three-fourths of total U.S. production. North Dakota accounts for more than half of all U.S. spring wheat. The largest producing states for winter wheat are Kansas, Texas and Washington.

United States (8 percent of world production)

Winter Wheat: 
Planting: Winter wheat is planted from mid-August through October. 
Harvest: Winter wheat is harvested from mid-May to mid-July.

Spring Wheat: 
Planting: Spring wheat is planted from April through May. 
Harvest: Spring wheat is harvested from mid-August to mid-September.

China (18 percent of world production)

Winter Wheat: 
Planting: Winter wheat is planted from mid-September through October. 
Harvest: Winter wheat is harvested from mid-May through June.

Spring Wheat: 
Planting: Spring wheat is planted from mid-March through April. 
Harvest: Spring wheat is harvested from mid-July to mid-August.

Abyb 1 Tue, Mar 12
Pecach Mon, Mar 25
Matsah Tue, Mar 26
Bikuwrym Wed, Mar 27 
Shabuwa' Wed, May 15
Taruw'ah Thu, Sep 05  
Kippurym Sat, Sep 14
Sukah Thu, Sep 19  

The firstfruit wheat is harvested in May, during Shabuwa.

No firstfruit following the day after Matsah.

I would say that Shabuwa should be the feast of Bikuwrym.
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 2:50:40 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Bekurym (First Fruits) coincides with the barley harvest in the spring during the week of Matsah. Shabuwa (Feast of Weeks, Seven Sabbaths, Pentecost) coincides with the wheat harvest. The wheat was ready for harvest at the time of Shabuwa this year in north Texas which has about the same latitude as Israel (31 to 33 degrees).

Shabbat Shalom
Offline JamesH  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 10:04:40 AM(UTC)
JamesH

I used to think the same thing about the difference in the Barley / Wheat harvest times untill I did some research and there seems to be very little difference.

http://usda01.library.co.../planting-10-29-2010.pdf

Also there is the deffinition of the word Abyb.

S24 abiyb (  to be tender; green, i.e. a young ear of grain; month Abib )

The grain referred to in the month of Abib is tender; green. Grain is not harvested until it is  dry. 

So the first harvest of grain ( bikkuwr ) would be about 50 days after matstsah

http://upload.wikimedia....C_India_ggia_version.jpg

http://www.google.com/se...=L9r9UdOpJuffiALBkYGIDw#

Edited by user Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:15:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: cornell Link not working

Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:28:22 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
^ Why does your "research" often ignore, twist whatever preconcieved doctrine you're advancing JamesH? The scriptures say barley, so you post wheat data in more northern lattitudes. There are websites reporting every year if the barley is abib in Israel for confitmation of the 1st month. I seen some with pictures of the barley being more than abib near the Negev. and other places for this year. Once again your sloppy (or is it deliberate?) "proofs " and .agendas are misleading.
Offline cgb2  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
^ Why does your "research" often ignore, twist thingz to whatever preconcieved doctrine you're advancing JamesH? The scriptures say barley, so you post wheat data in more northrlern lattitudes. There are websites reporting every year if the barley is abib in Israel for confitmation of the 1st month. I seen some with pictures of the barley being more than abib near the Negev. and other places for this year. Once again your sloppy (or is it deliberate?) "proofs " and .agendas are misleading.
Offline Sarah  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:13:13 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been wondering about the legal definition of 'death' in Israel in the First Century. Is/was a person declared legally 'dead' only after 72 hours?
Offline minifa48  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:25:43 PM(UTC)
minifa48

Thank you