logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline raoulduke  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:50:18 AM(UTC)
raoulduke

How come I'm hearing so much watered down gnostic, Kabbalah views in mainstream society? Everywhere I look there seems to be some blog, website, celebrity etc. talking about how we are really gods. I was just watching a movie called The Secret, which states that we ultimatley control everything that happens to us in our lives and that we have the power through thought to make good or bad things happen. I'm pretty sure that is just diluted Kabbalah/Gnostic doctrines. Even popular secular doctrines-Marxism and all it's offshoots speak of how we must believe that humans decide what is right wrong etc, through social evolution. I don't know it all seems wierd, if it was just a few people I wouldn't think anything of it, but there so much of it reflected in mass media. Isn't all of this what the serpent convinced Adam and Eve in the garden? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Mike
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:45:34 AM(UTC)
kp

It's no new phenomenon that we followers of Yahweh are a tiny minority, Mike. It has always been that way. What's different now is humanity's ability to communicate to far-flung audiences. The falsehood you're seeing has always been there (since the days of Nimrod), but never before has it been so pervasive, so hard to avoid. You're right: the "Man-can-be-a-god" myth has been at the heart of satan's strategy since Eden, which is ironic because his real agenda is to make every man a slave, and himself a god. The idea that our destiny is in our own hands is fostered by the same idiotic human arrogance that insists we don't need Yahweh. As the psalmist says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God." Satan, of course, doesn't really want you to believe that. The adversary only wants you to believe that there is no Yahweh. Having achieved that, satan promotes the wierd concept that we can all be our own gods. Of course, left to our own devices, we'll soon disprove that theory by nearly destroying our planet and our species during the first half of the Tribulation, leaving him the only candidate for deity left. To be worshipped as God---it's all satan has ever wanted. What a pathetic excuse for an angelic being.

kp
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:25:11 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah!, KP, stick it to the adversary!!! All joking aside, kp's treatment on this subject though simple is true and profound and resonated with me immediately. It's always been there, it's just repackaged and repriced throughout the ages.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.