logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TA  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:05:00 PM(UTC)
TA

Hi I'm new here.

Was wondering what others believe in regards to the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Thanks.

TA.
Offline JamesH  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 10:05:40 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome TA

This is my view and may not reflect all views here at YY

אָב   father; ancestor; progenitor; chief

http://www.blueletterbib...cfm?Strongs=H1&t=KJV

בֵּן   son; young animal; grandson; member

http://www.blueletterbib...exicon.cfm?Strongs=H1121

רוּחַ   breeze, breath; wind; spirit; sense, mind, intellectual frame of mind

http://www.blueletterbib...?Strongs=H7306&t=KJV

TA what is your view on the subject?
Offline TA  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 2:12:42 PM(UTC)
TA

Hi James.

I'm working my way through it and reading scripture from beginning to end (I'm up to the end of judges).
The Bible I am reading is the JB which has the name Yahweh all through the OT, which I love.
That's what brought me to this forum.

Rather than give my view which I'm not 100% certain of right now, I am more interested in others views!

Ta.

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2013 4:38:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi TA

I'm also not a 100% certain, in fact my view has recently changed. Reading the TP&P  and studying the original language is what changed my mind. 

I'm not familiar with the Jerusalem  Bible but reading the TP&P in context and studying the original heb language is a must.
Offline TA  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 4:43:06 PM(UTC)
TA

Hi James.

The Jerusalem Bible is the old Catholic Bible, though I'm not Catholic.
It is apparently translated from the Hebrew, Greek, plus Aramaic.

What's the "TP&P"?
Offline JamesH  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:24:41 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Torah ( first 5 books of Moses ) Prophets and Psalms    TP&P

Or the "old testament "which is an inaccurate term.

A more accurate term for " old testament " would be " covenant writings "

Here is the Hebrew translation to the English word covenant.
http://www.blueletterbib...exicon.cfm?strongs=H1285

Also it is a good idea to sometimes look up the English word that the heb word actually translates to.

Covenant
cov·e·nant  [kuhv-uh-nuhnt]  
noun
an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified.
Law. an incidental clause in such an agreement.
Ecclesiastical . a solemn agreement between the members of a church to act together in harmony with the precepts of the gospel.
( initial capital letter ) History/Historical .
a.
National Covenant.
b.
Solemn League and Covenant.
Bible.
a.
the conditional promises made to humanity by God, as revealed in Scripture.
b.
the agreement between God and the ancient Israelites, in which God promised to protect them if they kept His law and were faithful to Him.

http://dictionary.refere....com/browse/Covenant?s=t
Offline Sarah  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 7:33:19 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is an interesting discussion of the aspects/dimensions of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit at:

realmessiah.name

I think it was listed in some "Trinity" article.

Offline TA  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:24:53 PM(UTC)
TA

Thank you for that information :-)
Offline theRight94  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:35:06 PM(UTC)
theRight94

JamesH wrote:
Welcome TA

This is my view and may not reflect all views here at YY

אָב   father; ancestor; progenitor; chief

http://www.blueletterbib...cfm?Strongs=H1&t=KJV

בֵּן   son; young animal; grandson; member

http://www.blueletterbib...exicon.cfm?Strongs=H1121

רוּחַ   breeze, breath; wind; spirit; sense, mind, intellectual frame of mind

http://www.blueletterbib...?Strongs=H7306&t=KJV

TA what is your view on the subject?

GOD is the HOLY SPIRIT, is CREATOR, is I AM, is YHWH , is YAHWEH, is LORD, is the only SAVIOR, is YOSHUA, is YESHUA, is JESUS. The true almighty GOD is YAHWEH, THE LORD JESUS. There is no trinity. Only "Hear 'O Israel, the LORD GOD IS ONE LORD! ONLY YAHWEH JESUS IS LORD
Offline InHisName  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:19:29 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
theRight94 wrote:
GOD is the HOLY SPIRIT, is CREATOR, is I AM, is YHWH , is YAHWEH, is LORD, is the only SAVIOR, is YOSHUA, is YESHUA, is JESUS. The true almighty GOD is YAHWEH, THE LORD JESUS. There is no trinity. Only "Hear 'O Israel, the LORD GOD IS ONE LORD! ONLY YAHWEH JESUS IS LORD

I agree with your sentiment, but,
I categorically deny that God is LORD, lord = baal = satan.
I could quibble about some of the others but that its the important one.

Eastons wrote:

Baal:

lord. (1.) The name appropriated to the principal male god of the Phoenicians. It is found in several places in the plural BAALIM (Jdg 2:11; 10:10; 1Ki 18:18; Jer 2:23; Hsa 2:17). Baal is identified with Molech (Jer 19:5). It was known to the Israelites as Baal-peor (Num 25:3; Deu 4:3), was worshipped till the time of Samuel (1Sa 7:4), and was afterwards the religion of the ten tribes in the time of Ahab (1Ki 16:31-33; 18:19,22). It prevailed also for a time in the kingdom of Judah (2Ki 8:27; 2Ki 11:18; 16:3; 2Ch 28:2), till finally put an end to by the severe discipline of the Captivity (Zep 1:4-6). The priests of Baal were in great numbers (1Ki 18:19), and of various classes (2Ki 10:19). Their mode of offering sacrifices is described in 1 Kings 18:25-29. The sun-god, under the general title of Baal, or "lord," was the chief object of worship of the Canaanites. Each locality had its special Baal, and the various local Baals were summed up under the name of Baalim, or "lords." Each Baal had a wife, who was a colourless reflection of himself.

(2.) A Benjamite, son of Jehiel, the progenitor of the Gibeonites (1Ch 8:30; 9:36).

(3.) The name of a place inhabited by the Simeonites, the same probably as Baal-ath-beer (1Ch 4:33; Jos 19:8).

Hitchcock wrote:
Baal:
master; lord

Offline Hizikyah  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:43:52 AM(UTC)
Hizikyah

First, yeah the Lord this, means Baal 100%

Adonai means Lord/Baal, and even Elohim, El was the chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in which Baal was his son.

The trinity scripture in 1 Yahchanan was certainly added around the 4th century, so certainly is is a lie, meant to justify thier pagan takeover.

I believe Yahweh is the creator, Yahshua a man born a man was the Messiah and is the firstfruit to Yahweh and now High Priest, and the Holy Spirit, Ruach HaKodesh, is the charicter of Yahweh, His traits, His instructions, His Law, if you have Yahweh's instructions in your heart, the Spirit will come upon you when faced with evil so you may avoid it and overcome it, as so many did in the Law and the Prophets (OT).

This is not the version I read I just using to illustrate,

Phillipans 2:5-6, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

First it is telling me I should make myself equal with the Creator of all that is? NO NEVER! Butthats not really my point, compare that verse to this next one:

John 14:28, "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."

So according to Yahshua He is not equal with Yahweh, so both verses can't be true. The version I use a my base (knowing no english version is 100% accurate)

Phillipans 2:5-6, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Yahshua Messiah, Who, being in the form of Yahweh, did not think it was something to be seized upon to be equal with Yahweh."

Yahchanan 14:28, "You have heard that I told you: I go away, but come again to you. If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

With that in place, the next part of why I don't believe Yahshua pre-existed:

John 8:58, "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

Exodus 3:14, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

However, we know Yahweh is not the "I AM", He is Yahweh. So read from a non-forged version, it would mean nothing if Yahshua siad "I AM"

Yahchanan 8:58, "Yahshua said to them; Truly, truly, I say to you: Before Abraham has risen, I will be."

Exodus 3:14, "Then Yahweh said to Mosheh: I am Who I am. And He said: This is what you are to say to the children of Israyl; YAHWEH has sent me to you."