logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:57:26 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
This is a post from pilgrimhere that I deleted by mistake.

pilgrimhere wrote:
Refer to the stage which Yahowsha set the previous day. He provided bread for their tummies which incited them to (nearly) make him king by force. Yahowsha evaded this effort by secluding Himself on the mountain. Now, they have sought Him out in a ruse of coincidence, “Well hey there, teacher! Gee, when did you come here?” Of course, Yahowsha gets to the heart of the matter and clarifies that they just want their tummies filled again. Then (IMO) one of the most powerful statements ever articulated is spoken, “Do not labour for the food that is perishing, but for the food that is remaining to everlasting hai, which the Ben of Adam shall give you, for the Father, Elohim, has put His seal on Him.” (HalleluYah Scriptures) The continued dialogue would be hilarious if not for the ramifications. The people feign piety and, oh by the way! How ‘bout some more bread!? Again, Yahowsha clarifies, “Truly, truly, I say to you, Mosheh did not give you the bread out of the shamayim, but My Father gives you the true bread out of the shamayim.” And what do they say? Yeah! Bring it on! Let’s eat! And then after hearing that He was referring to Himself … grumbled! The key is v. 63 I have to go to class but will check back.

Consider also Yahowsha’s reply after His (similar) discourse with the Samaritan woman at the well (Jn 4). “I have food to eat that you don’t know about.” “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to accomplish His work.” The same key is divulged in this passage regarding the living water.

Many people stopped listening to Yahowsha because of statements like these. But I believe what He said about nothing being hidden that will not be revealed. I look forward to gleaning the wisdom of others who will comment on this subject.

Why flesh and blood? Why consume them as food/drink? I’m guessing that a profound image is being drawn. Read further into chapter 7:38-39. The Spirit will be given as promised. And be in the believers as though consumed … ‘you are what you eat’, right? It’s a hard concept that I certainly don’t fully comprehend. I could be far off base.

After further consideration, I cannot conclude that, "eat my flesh and drink my blood" was ever spoken. The audience would certainly have associated such with pagan religious customs.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Molly  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 1:54:47 AM(UTC)
Molly

Pilgrimhere-

Hi. I agree with your assessment. There are some scriptures that should be questioned. I have grappled with this one as well, as it is totally inconsistent with the Law and totally a pagan concept. As the Roman Catholics insist that the bread and wine literally become blood and flesh, there is a cannibalistic, ritualistic, Satanic aspect to the whole concept. That should be enough to make us back away with concern.

There is no reason to believe that the scriptures weren't altered to suit the rulers of the world and that which would eventually be the Catholic church. Rather, there is much to suggest that by the end of the fourth century there was a lot of manipulation going on. As a result, we ought not just accept everything just because it is written. We should be asking ourselves whether it is consistent with what the Law says. Eating blood and human flesh clearly is not. Even if considered only as figurative, it still has an offensive sense.

Molly
Offline masters_apprentice  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:58:24 PM(UTC)
masters_apprentice

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
James,

As I read your posts I am truly amazed they let you moderate here. You are such a literalist with scripture. You beat yourself up with literalism.

Food and drink in scripture are 75% of time metaphorical. Adam and Eve "Ate off the wrong tree". They did not eat food, fruit, or apples. The took in bad information into their head and acted upon it. John "ate the scroll and it was bitter" in Revelation. He did not eat a piece of paper or wood. Yashua said "eat my flesh". And you perceive he would enver say taht yet he tells us he speaks in metaphors? The word was made flesh. Eat the flesh. Eat the words.

Eat the good bread. When he tells you this he is saying read the words of scripture. Not like the physical bread in the desert - the good bread which is his Words.

Eat his flesh and drink his blood - obviously not Levitical. So we look for the higher meaning. Read hiw words and believe on him. I cannot draw you all the dots to come to this, but that is what he means.

LK 4:4 And Yashua answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. (not about bread)

Mal 1:12 But you are profaning it when you say, The table of the Lord, it is polluted; and its fruit, His food is to be despised. (not about food)

Rom 12
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: (metqaphorical, but you hate Paul so I know you will not agree).

Gen 3:2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden,
Gen 3:3 but of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die. (not about eating food)

Rev 10:10 And I took the little scroll out of the angel's hand, and devoured it. And it was sweet like honey in my mouth; and when I ate it, my belly was made bitter.

Joh 6:55 For My flesh is truly food, and My blood is truly drink.
Joh 6:56 The one partaking of My flesh and drinking of My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

Offline Sheree  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:56:01 AM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
James you say this boob^^^ was here 3 yrs ago posting the same nonsense then as now.He obviously has not sought to learn so please do us all a huge favor and remove him.So we can get back to studying and learning and growing without having to reaad his assinine comments./thanks
thanks 1 user thanked Sheree for this useful post.
matt on 3/19/2015(UTC)
Offline masters_apprentice  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:53:25 PM(UTC)
masters_apprentice

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You know Sheree, my book on bible analysis is 2,200 pages. People like you along with many others here have no faith in the word of God. You read it, but it is way over your head and all you can do is criticise what you do not understand. Your heart is definitely in the wrong place.

John 1:14. The word became flesh. Eat his flesh.

Yshau spoke in metaphors. He told his disciples why. The main problem people have is not knowing in scripture when a metaphor is being given vs. a literal statement. One day you may know these things. But with a closed mind I doubt it. I will pray for you.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 8:15:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Paul's Apprentice why don’t you just go away. It’s obvious that your massive intellect and understanding of the genius that is Paul is going to waste here, on us poor dullards who can’t see past the words he wrote to what he truly meant.

We are but mere mortals who cannot stand to be in your awesome lordly presence. Please spare us these tongue lashings of your awe inspiring and brilliant mind.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 4 users thanked James for this useful post.
matt on 3/20/2015(UTC), cgb2 on 3/20/2015(UTC), shamar emet on 3/29/2015(UTC), DJPowers on 9/14/2015(UTC)