logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:12:19 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Saturday afternoon we had a thunderstorm and strong straight line winds. Sunday I was looking at my pomegranate bushes and a lot of the flowers and young fruit were knocked off onto the ground. So I started picking them up and picked up a basket full of them. What I noticed was that the majority of the flowers / young fruit have a crown with 6 points.

UserPostedImage

I think this is where the 6-pointed star of David comes from. Legend has it that Solomon wore a crown in the shape of a pomegranate crown.

The other thing that I noticed was that a lot fewer of the flowers / young fruit had 5 or 7 petals / triangles and an even smaller number had 8 points. I wonder if this a picture of the 3 doors? 6 is the number of man who is mortal. 7 = 6 (man) + 1 (Yahowah) = perfection. A 5 pointed star is often associated with ha Satan like the upside down pentagram. 5 = 6 (man) – 1 (Yahowah); man without Yahowah or man in opposition to Yahowah. 8 is associated with infinity or eternity because the letter 8 on it’s side is the symbol for infinity.

I wondered why the high-priests robe had pomegranates and bells. Maybe this is the symbolism, I don’t know. I do know that the following is incorrect:

Jewish tradition teaches that the pomegranate is a symbol of righteousness because it is said to have 613 seeds, which corresponds with the 613 mitzvot, or commandments, of the Torah. For this reason and others, it is customary to eat pomegranates on Rosh Hashanah. Moreover, the pomegranate represents fruitfulness, knowledge, learning, and wisdom.

Christianity - The pomegranate is a symbol of the resurrection and the hope of eternal life. Because of its abundance of seeds, it can also symbolize royalty and the church, where the seeds represent the many believers who make up the one universal church.
The pomegranate symbol derives from the ancient myth of Properspina and her annual return to earth in the spring. Christianity adopted this theme, with the pomegranate associated with the Resurrection of Christ and of believers instead of the annual resurrection of crops. The seeds bursting forth from the pomegranate are also likened to Christ bursting forth from the tomb.
Chinese symbolism - CHINESE SYMBOLISM
Pomegranates symbolize fertility for this fruit is full of seeds. A wedding gift may be a special picture with one of these fruits shown half-opened. The meaning is a hundred seeds, or in other words, a hundred sons. The word for seed is zi, and it is also the word for sons.
The pomegranate is not used for sacrifice. The reason, it is considered to be too seductive. If you see a pomegranate on an old sash or cap of office in an ancient painting, the meaning is saying or maybe praying to keep the title or rank from generation to generation in the same family. As in the two meanings for zi, the word shi which also means generation.

Exo 28:33 “And on its hem you shall make pomegranates of blue and purple and scarlet material, all around its hem, and bells of gold between them all around:
Exo 28:34 a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, on the hem of the robe all around.
Exo 28:35 “And it shall be upon Aharon to attend in, and its sound shall be heard when he goes into the set-apart place before יהוה and when he comes out, so that he does not die.
Exo 28:36 “And you shall make a plate of clean gold and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet: SET-APARTNESS TO יהוה.

UserPostedImage

Does anyone know what the symbolism of pomegranates is?

The pomegranate could have been the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground יהוה Elohim made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, with the tree of life in the midst of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 3:1 And the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which יהוה Elohim had made, and he said to the woman, “Is it true that Elohim has said, ‘Do not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
Gen 3:2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We are to eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden,
Gen 3:3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, Elohim has said, ‘Do not eat of it, nor touch it, lest you die.’ ”
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said to the woman, “You shall certainly not die.
Gen 3:5 “For Elohim knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be like Elohim, knowing good and evil.”
Gen 3:6 And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, and she took of its fruit and ate. And she also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
Gen 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:06:19 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Not knowing a lot about the pomegranate it self I would be making a stab in the dark. I did note however that the Hebrew for pomegranate is rimmmown, which is from the root rawmowm which means high or elevated, to ascend or go up, to be exalted.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Mike  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:14:25 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks James.

H7416
רמּן / רמּון
rimmôn
BDB Definition:
1) pomegranate
1a) as tree
1b) as fruit
1c) as pomegranate shaped ornaments in temple
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H7426

H7417
רמּון / רמּן / רמּונו
rimmôn / rimmônô
BDB Definition:
Rimmon = “pomegranate”
1) the deity of wind, rain, and storm, worshipped by the Syrians of Damascus (noun proper deity)
2) a Benjamite of Beeroth, the father of Rechab and Baanah, the murderers of Ishbosheth (noun proper masculine)
3) the Rock; a cliff or inaccessible natural fastness in which the 600 Benjamites who escaped the slaughter of Gibeah took refuge (noun proper locative)
4) a town in the southern portion of Judah allotted to Simeon (noun proper locative)
5) a Levitical city in Zebulun located approximately 6 miles north of Nazareth (noun proper locative)
Part of Speech: see above in Definition
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: the same as H7416

H7426
רמם
râmam
BDB Definition:
1) to be exalted, be lifted up
1a) (Qal) to be exalted
1b) (Niphal) to lift oneself
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root