logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:38:18 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Found this interesting wile surfing on the 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computus
Offline JamesH  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:59:03 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:01:59 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Morning.

JamesH, I hope your not seriously thinking of becoming a "reformed" christian..)) Do we need look any farther than what we were shown early on. We know men put themselves above YHWHs authority, and tell us so.

The Word of Yahowah says:
Daniel 7:25, "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the Set-Apart of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

The word of Rome says:
"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Yahowsha/errantly called, Christ." "The Pope has the authority and often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Yahowsha/ errantly called Christ." -Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.
Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:15:01 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Wasn't thinking of going back to christianity just yet :)

I just find studying the christian and church founding fathers writings quite revealing 
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:09:34 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I actually bought the 10-volume set, "The Anti-Nicene Fathers". Reading their crap is what convinced me beyond any doubt that something was definitely wrong with Christianity. I didn't find it interesting reading; rather, I found it disgusting and filled with Babylonian scraps and bones. The RCC, not much later, just rebuilt the Babylonian religion using Christian words and names to sculpt their FrankenChurch.
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:51:00 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
flintface wrote:
I actually bought the 10-volume set, "The Anti-Nicene Fathers". Reading their crap is what convinced me beyond any doubt that something was definitely wrong with Christianity. I didn't find it interesting reading; rather, I found it disgusting and filled with Babylonian scraps and bones. The RCC, not much later, just rebuilt the Babylonian religion using Christian words and names to sculpt their FrankenChurch.

Every time I dig through Christian beliefs I end dab smack in the middle of pagan sun god worship! It is crazy. When trying to discuss it with Christians they start to go completely over the edge with justifications. I have been told that
1. They took "unclean" things and made them "clean"
2. Although those words/symbols/concepts "used" to be pagan, they aren't anymore.
3. I just know that "Jesus" loves me, so I don't care what you say

It is so unreal. I keep pressing because I have had quite a few friends open up to the ideas there is something more, and even have a social networking friend reading ITG and finding his way to real truth. But dealing with the complete insanity of religious thought constantly makes me wonder how I was such a "good Christian" all those years.
Offline Mike  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:14:44 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There are 9 volumes of “The Anti-Nicene Fathers” available free for e-Sword in case anyone is interested. I skimmed through it. Pretty bad.

Vol 5 Greek philosophies, astrology, how to poison / kill various animals, Trinity doctrine,

Vol 5 Book 7 chapter 17 – Marcion

These are basically arguments amongst men.

Argument. — To These Things Also Was Added Another Reason for Prohibiting Many Kinds of Meats to the Jews; to Wit, for the Restraint of the Intemperance of the People, and That They Might Serve the One God.
Argument. — But There Was a Limit to the Use of These Shadows or Figures; for Afterwards, when the End of the Law, Christ, Came, All Things Were Said by the Apostle to Be Pure to the Pure, and the True and Holy Meat Was a Right Faith and an Unspotted Conscience.
Argument. — But, on the Ground That Liberty in Meats Is Granted to Us, There Is No Permission of Luxury, There Is No Taking Away of Continence and Fasting: for These Things Greatly Become the Faithful, — To Wit, That They Should Pray to God, and Give Him Thanks, Not Only by Day, but by Night.
Argument. — Moreover, We Must Be Careful That No One Should Think That This Licence May Be Carried to Such an Extent as That He May Approach to Things Offered to Idols.

OK, I have read enough of this crap.

Shalom
Offline FredSnell  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:32:58 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
"Nicene Cancelled"..))
Offline JamesH  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:36:48 AM(UTC)
JamesH

This is why I have been having so much problem with the nt, these fathers are the very ones responsible for the writing of the nt!

As you stated " a bunch of crap "

If a person can't trust the fathers, how can a person trust any of the nt?
Offline needhelp  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:40:17 AM(UTC)
needhelp

" I believe jesus cancelled the law"

If Yahowsha weren't Yahowah,(we know he is), how could a
mere man with a fake name cancel Yahowah's law?
BLASTED IDIOTS!!!!

That feels better Thankx
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:47:08 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Interesting website here , with testimonies of ex-christians and articles:
http://new.exchristian.net/