logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline runningirl21  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:02:10 AM(UTC)
runningirl21

Hello, Forum,
I've been lurking for a few months reading your insightful comments and reading ITG.

From my very limited knowledge-- Yahoweh wants us to have a relationship with Him and expresses how to best do this through the Torah. What about all of the millions of people who never had access to the Torah? Will they just cease to exist?
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:42:43 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
runningirl21 wrote:
Hello, Forum,
I've been lurking for a few months reading your insightful comments and reading ITG.

From my very limited knowledge-- Yahoweh wants us to have a relationship with Him and expresses how to best do this through the Torah. What about all of the millions of people who never had access to the Torah? Will they just cease to exist?

Welcome!
I don't know, but if he did it wouldn't be a punishment (or reward), he still gave the awesome gift of life.

Ackk E-sword having error so will have to reboot (later)...but recall the verse:
"On that day many will rise, some to everlasting life, others to everlasting condemnation"

First note this verse is talking about 2 doors (not the perish, destroyed one). Also He said "many", not "all".
Perhaps these are the gray areas only Yah can judge.

Suppose a primitive person cut off from civilization, knows there had to be a creator, seeks him, does not make up his own god or think created things are god(s).
Suppose a person really did seek God, but honestly misled and unknowingly promoting falsehood. Are they candidates for everlasting contempt, or destruction (perish)?

I'm glad Yah is judge, and is fair, righteous, and true.
Offline JamesH  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:19:45 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi runningirl21

We are all related through Noah . YHWH's instructions where given to the fathers to be passed on to the next generation. So if there are people who do not know YHWH or his instructions their end is because of their Fathers. Not because of God.

We also have the individual ability to seek YHWH and his instructions and change the outcome of our generations.

Exodus 20: 5,6
 For I, YHWH your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:54:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Mankind has done a great job of concealing God's word, and those that die apart from God's word will cease to exist. They will live their mortal life, a gift from God, and when it is over it will be over. The reason that most die apart from Yah is because of the actions of other men, which is why these men who conceal, corrupt and remove God's word from the peoples access are deserving of the punishment they will receive, because of their actions million upon millions die never having the chance to know Yah.

Those that die apart from God not having access to the Towrah are often followers of false Gods in which case why would Yah want to spend eternity with them and why would they want to spend eternity with a God they do not know. It is fair and just that they cease to exist at the end of their mortal life, they are not punished, it is a natural consequence.

Those that die not knowing any God are the same why would God want them with Him in eternity and why would they want to spend eternity with Him?

The key to grasping this, at least for me, lies in understanding that the soul is mortal, not immortal. So it's death is not God killing, but rather the natural progression.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline runningirl21  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:39:36 AM(UTC)
runningirl21

Wow, terrific and thought-provoking replies all.

I guess I need to read more about the soul being mortal, my upbringing was that the soul was the immortal portion of who we are, so this is a shift.

Perhaps it is living in the supposed "land of opportunity," but it is hard for me to understand that due to choices from ancestors several hundred generations ago, millions of people do not have access to know and follow the Torah. Its precepts are not self-evident, at least not to me. It would take some severe divine intervention to lead me to keeping kosher, Sabbaths and the appointed times had I been part of some primitive society... which makes me all the more grateful for this forum and YY site.

Thank you for your help as I have much to learn!

Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:51:37 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Psa 49:1 Hear this, all you peoples; Give ear, all you inhabitants of the world,
Psa 49:2 Both sons of mankind and sons of man, Rich and poor together.
Psa 49:3 My mouth speaks wisdom, And the meditation of my heart brings understanding.
Psa 49:4 I incline my ear to a parable; I expound my riddle on the lyre.
Psa 49:5 Why should I fear in the days of evil, When the crookedness of my supplanters surrounds me?
Psa 49:6 Those who are trusting in their riches And who are boasting in their great wealth?
Psa 49:7 A brother does not redeem anyone at all, Neither give to Elohim a ransom for him;
Psa 49:8 For the redemption of their lives is costly, And it shall cease forever;
Psa 49:9 That he should still live forever, And not see the Pit.
Psa 49:10 For he sees wise men die, The foolish and the ignorant both perish, And shall leave their wealth to others.
Psa 49:11 Their graves are their houses, forever; Their dwelling places, to all generations; They call their lands after their own names.
Psa 49:12 But man does not remain in esteem, He is like the beasts that perish.
Psa 49:13 This way of theirs is folly to them, Yet their followers are pleased with their words. Selah.
Psa 49:14 Like sheep they shall be laid in the grave; Death shall shepherd them; And the upright rule over them in the morning; And their form is consumed in the grave, Far from their dwelling.
Psa 49:15 But Elohim does redeem my being From the power of the grave, For He does receive me. Selah.
Psa 49:16 Do not be afraid when a man becomes rich, When the wealth of his house increases;
Psa 49:17 For when he dies he takes none of it; His wealth does not go down after him.
Psa 49:18 Though while he lived he blessed himself, And though they praise you when you do well for yourself,
Psa 49:19 He has to go to the generation of his fathers; They never see the light.
Psa 49:20 Man, who is rich, Yet does not understand, Shall be like the beasts, They shall perish.
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:00:02 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
We are all related through Noah.

I disagree, brother. Noah was the sole survivor of the Great Flood, but it was a regional event, it was not worldwide. So not everyone on earth would be a blood relation of Noah.
Offline JamesH  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:49:06 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi flintface

I agree that the great flood was a regional event.

But the way I read the whole account. Mankind was only populated in the area of the flood.

It wasn't till after the flood that Yah sent man out globally.

Genesis 9: 1
9 So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.

Genesis 9: 18, 19
18 Now the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And Ham was the father of Canaan. 19 These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.

So my personal conclusion is that we are all descendants of Shem, Ham or Japheth.
Offline James  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:57:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

runningirl21 wrote:
I guess I need to read more about the soul being mortal, my upbringing was that the soul was the immortal portion of who we are, so this is a shift.

This is one of the most eyeopening revelations of the Hebrew language. Things make more sense when you discover the soul is mortal. In fact one of the definitions of the Hebrew word nephesh is mortality.

Another aspect of this is that according to Scripture all animals have souls. When you read in Ba'reshiyth/Genesis you the the terms Living Souls and the terms Living Creatures. Living Souls is used of humans and Living Creatures used of animals, but in the Hebrew they are identical, both instances are the Hebrew Chay Nephesh.

Offline InHisName  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:04:38 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Hi flintface

I agree that the great flood was a regional event.

But the way I read the whole account. Mankind was only populated in the area of the flood.

It wasn't till after the flood that Yah sent man out globally.

Genesis 9: 1
9 So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.

Genesis 9: 18, 19
18 Now the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And Ham was the father of Canaan. 19 These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.

So my personal conclusion is that we are all descendants of Shem, Ham or Japheth.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you are pulling more out of the text than Yah put in.

I have little doubt there were pre-flood peoples all over the globe. Nasama-breathed people may have been restricted to the 'region', but unless you are willing to throw science away, there were people all over the earth.

Which does not preclude Yah sending his nasama-breathed descendants of Adam out to fill the earth.

Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:07:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Ah-Oh...think we already had much of that topic in:
http://forum.yadayahweh....-man-on-the-6th-day.aspx
Offline JamesH  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:10:30 AM(UTC)
JamesH

InHisName wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, but I think you are pulling more out of the text than Yah put in.

I have little doubt there were pre-flood peoples all over the globe. Nasama-breathed people may have been restricted to the 'region', but unless you are willing to throw science away, there were people all over the earth.

Which does not preclude Yah sending his nasama-breathed descendants of Adam out to fill the earth.

Hi InHisName

Genesis 6:5-8
5 Then  YHWH saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And YHWH was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So YHWH said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of YHWH.

So I see several different possibilities for the Indigenous peoples of the Americas

1.   The Indigenous peoples of the Americas do not have a nasama

2.  The Indigenous peoples of the Americas found grace in the eyes of YHWH 
      and where not mentioned in verse 8

3.   The Indigenous peoples of the Americas migrated after the flood.

4.   Mans dating off The Indigenous peoples of the Americas is flawed
Offline runningirl21  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:35:07 AM(UTC)
runningirl21

James wrote:
This is one of the most eyeopening revelations of the Hebrew language. Things make more sense when you discover the soul is mortal. In fact one of the definitions of the Hebrew word nephesh is mortality.

Another aspect of this is that according to Scripture all animals have souls. When you read in Ba'reshiyth/Genesis you the the terms Living Souls and the terms Living Creatures. Living Souls is used of humans and Living Creatures used of animals, but in the Hebrew they are identical, both instances are the Hebrew Chay Nephesh.

In exploring immortal soul references, I have only found minimal support in Ecclesiastes 12:7 which mentions the spirit/ruach returning to Yah. Apparently, Plato has been the source of this teaching, not the bible. I have a feeling I will be in this place many, many times in my learning as old ideas are re-examined for truth. Thank you for your patience, it is starting to make sense.

One more question, please, along this line--
1 Corinthians 15:50-54 So, if we only gain immortality through resurrection, will those who are going to go to the pit be also resurrected only so they can be punished?
Offline cgb2  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:09:18 PM(UTC)
cgb2

runningirl21 wrote:
In exploring immortal soul references, I have only found minimal support in Ecclesiastes 12:7 which mentions the spirit/ruach returning to Yah. Apparently, Plato has been the source of this teaching, not the bible. I have a feeling I will be in this place many, many times in my learning as old ideas are re-examined for truth. Thank you for your patience, it is starting to make sense.

Interesting, since several here question if Ecclesiastes is inspired.

runningirl21 wrote:
1 Corinthians 15:50-54 So, if we only gain immortality through resurrection, will those who are going to go to the pit be also resurrected only so they can be punished?

The quicker one can distance themselves from Paul the better, until they have a chance to read questioningpaul.com . Also once you understand the T/P/P and words of Yahowsha better compared to how grossly Paul twisted, convoluted, and contradicted them it will be like 'falling off a log' catching his BS. You will be amazed at the sudden scriptural harmony too once you weed his hopelessly conflicting epistles from your mind.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 2:12:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typos, quote box

Offline InHisName  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 2:02:18 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
JamesH wrote:
Hi InHisName

Genesis 6:5-8
5 Then  YHWH saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And YHWH was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So YHWH said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of YHWH.

So I see several different possibilities for the Indigenous peoples of the Americas

1.   The Indigenous peoples of the Americas do not have a nasama

2.  The Indigenous peoples of the Americas found grace in the eyes of YHWH 
      and where not mentioned in verse 8

3.   The Indigenous peoples of the Americas migrated after the flood.

4.   Mans dating off The Indigenous peoples of the Americas is flawed

5. OR, Yah, didn't mention them because they were not germane to His story.

I am not saying your wrong, just thought your conclusion was more than the text supported.

Glad to see you stuck around.
Offline Mike  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:38:18 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Runningirl21, welcome to the forum.

Interesting about Plato’s writings being the source of the idea of an immortal soul.

Plato's Phaedo (pron.: /ˈfiːdoʊ/ or /ˈfaɪdoʊ/; Greek: Φαίδων, Phaidon) is one of the great dialogues of his middle period, along with the Republic and the Symposium. The Phaedo, which depicts the death of Socrates, is also Plato's seventh and last dialogue to detail the philosopher's final days, following Theaetetus, Euthyphro, Sophist, Statesman, Apology, and Crito.
In the dialogue, Socrates discusses the nature of the afterlife on his last day before being executed by drinking hemlock. Socrates has been imprisoned and sentenced to death by an Athenian jury for not believing in the gods of the state and for corrupting the youth of the city. The dialogue is told from the perspective of one of Socrates' students, Phaedo of Elis. Having been present at Socrates' death bed, Phaedo relates the dialogue from that day to Echecrates, a Pythagorean philosopher. By engaging in dialectic with a group of Socrates' friends, including the Thebans Cebes and Simmias, Socrates explores various arguments for the soul's immortality in order to show that there is an afterlife in which the soul will dwell following death. Phaedo tells the story that following the discussion, he and the others were there to witness the death of Socrates.
One of the main themes in the Phaedo is the idea that the soul is immortal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaedo

I think Yahowsha warned us about Plato and human philosophy in general, I have presented this before. Even though Yahowsha spoke Hebrew / Aramaic, Yahowah would have known that his words would be translated into Greek and that is all that we have. So here goes:

It appears to me that Matthew 7:13 is a pun, a play on words, or has more meaning than there are a lot of paths that aren't the right one. Pardon the KJV.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wideG4116 is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The word (wide) G4116 is πλατύς
platus, which is the word that “Plato” got his nickname from.

Plato = πλατων = broad; from the word platus meaning broad or wide.

G4116
πλατύς
platus
plat-oos'
From G4111; spread out “flat” (“plot”), that is, broad: - wide.

G4115
πλατύνω
platunō
plat-oo'-no
From G4116; to widen (literally or figuratively): - make broad, enlarge.

G4114
πλάτος
platos
plat'-os
From G4116; width: - breadth.

Where Plato got his name:
According to Diogenes Laërtius, the philosopher was named Aristocles after his grandfather, but his wrestling coach, Ariston of Argos, dubbed him "Platon", meaning "broad," on account of his robust figure.[18] According to the sources mentioned by Diogenes (all dating from the Alexandrian period), Plato derived his name from the breadth (platytês) of his eloquence, or else because he was very wide (platýs) across the forehead.[19] In the 21st century some scholars disputed Diogenes, and argued that the legend about his name being Aristocles originated in the Hellenistic age.[c]

Yada’s translation is below:

The narrow gate is Passover. Our path home begins here: “For then this is
the Torah and the Prophets: begin by entering through the narrow, exacting,
and specific doorway…”
“…because (hoti) the gate (pyle – doorway, portal, and entrance) is wide
(platys – crafted and molded to be broad, expansive, open, and unreliable) and
the path (hodos – road, way of life, journey, and route) is broad (eurychoros –
wide open, ample, spacious, existing as a roomy realm) which leads away (apago
– which deceives and influences someone to go astray) to the point of (eis –
toward) destruction and perishing (apoleia – wastefully and needlessly
destroying, squandering, eliminating from existence, and annihilating something
valuable), and most (pleistos – a very great number, the vast preponderance,
serving as the superlative of polus, many) are those (eimi – who exist) entering
and experiencing (eiserchomai – starting the first step in their journey) through
(dia – by way of and on account of) it (autos).” (Matthew 7:13)

Shalom
Offline JamesH  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:38:55 AM(UTC)
JamesH

InHisName wrote:
5. OR, Yah, didn't mention them because they were not germane to His story.

I am not saying your wrong, just thought your conclusion was more than the text supported.

Glad to see you stuck around.

Thanks  InHisName

I'm not saying I'm right, just trying to fit Yahs word with science.

Interesting subject The Flood

I'm probably getting off topic, so maybe we could start a new discussion topic some time.

Debate and questions help me understand Yahs word.  It helps me see other points of view that I have missed.
Offline runningirl21  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:04:35 AM(UTC)
runningirl21

Mike wrote:

I think Yahowsha warned us about Plato and human philosophy in general, I have presented this before. Even though Yahowsha spoke Hebrew / Aramaic, Yahowah would have known that his words would be translated into Greek and that is all that we have. So here goes:

It appears to me that Matthew 7:13 is a pun, a play on words, or has more meaning than there are a lot of paths that aren't the right one. Pardon the KJV.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wideG4116 is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The word (wide) G4116 is πλατύς
platus, which is the word that “Plato” got his nickname from.

Shalom

Mike,

Fascinating. Thank you for again presenting for my benefit. Funny that a wrestling coach's endearment could provide such a clever metaphor.

Offline James  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:06:02 AM(UTC)
James
Man

runningirl21 wrote:

As someone else has already pointed out, Paul is not a reliable source of revelation. Unless something he says can be backed up with Scripture, don't trust it.

Offline zelly  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:12:07 PM(UTC)
zelly

Yada

I have a puzzle I am trying to unravel mentally, but am not able to come to a satisfying conclusion at this moment in time, hence my writing this e-mail to you.

First of all through the benefits of your writings (based upon scripture), I have come to the realisation that the name of God is Yahowah and the diminished manifestation of His earthly corporeal self being Yahowsha ha Ma’aseyah. Also that the Towrah, Prophets, and Psalms, being the scripture we can rely on for the purpose of us establishing a relationship with Yahowah our heavenly Father whom we can walk with hand in hand. I also have come to understand the importance of the Shabbat and of course the spring feasts and the fall feasts.

This is a message I sent to James recently via the forum.

‘Hi James
I have heard Yada along with Ken talk of Ron Wyatt and his discovery
of the Ark of the Covenant.
I know Yada believes the discovery to be genuine because I have heard him
mention this on past radio shows. I am a little fazed as to understand why this revelation
was discovered by Mr Wyatt. As I watched his video on you tube he talked to the people about
the lord the lord the lord directed him. And Jesus will save and the Christ etc etc etc.
And how we must prepare ourselves in the name of Jesus. He talked about meeting four angels in Jeremiahs grotto
and how they took out the tablets of stone from within the Ark of the Covenant and placed them on a stone shelf and
the angels explained to Ron Wyatt that when the time is right they will be shown to all the world.
He tells about having the blood tested by scientists and they told him that the blood was alive and that there where only 23+1 chromosomes instead of 46.

Oh boy James I was waiting for a witness statement which is a good sign if done by two or more witnesses.
But we only have his word nobody else came forth i.e. a scientist.

I struggle to understand why Yahowah would reveal these wonderful revelations to a man
who calls our Elohym lord and Jesus and Christ and many other false names connected that we and our family
have left behind. Please understand me though when I say that the blood of Yahowsha dripping on the mercy seat of the Ark of
the Covenant makes so much sense as to the ultimate sacrifice. But I am at this moment aghast that it was revealed to a man
that does not understand much of what we understand. I think it would be great if yourself and Yada would do a Shabbat show on this subject as I feel it is quite controversial, and interesting.
I would like to know your thoughts on this subject James.

Zelly ‘

This basically is the problem of my puzzle, that Mr Wyatt has made such a memorable discovery and yet seems to be endorsed by the angels who helped him remove the tablets from the Ark of the Covenant, and yet he does not use the proper names we associate with God.

I have since learned that Mr Wyatt is allegedly a 7th day Adventist, this makes it more of a conundrum to me, as they do observe the Shabbat but do not seem to keep the spring feasts nor the fall feasts.
And of course as we have come to understand the feasts are a very important aspect of the Covenant.

But let me add Mr Wyatt comes across as a very genuine hard working man who spent a lot of his own time and money making these discoveries. I have seen a recent video in which a witness has come forward to verify the authenticity of the blood Mr Wyatt took from the crack in the rock which eventually fell on the mercy seat. May I make a final point, to myself the discovery and validity of it would be the complete sacrifice that Yahowsha suffered for us. I find it all very emotional and beautiful and agonising and plausible that the precious blood of the ha Ma’aseyah would fall upon the Mercy Seat.

zelly