logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vic108  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 4:22:07 AM(UTC)
vic108
Man

I've looked for the passage in Scripture where Yah states that He does not like the title "Lord" but can't seem to find it anywhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Someone happened to post this on FB today and it made me cringe:

"God doesn't want to be first in your life; He wants to be LORD over your life."

Since I don't have a grasp of Scripture, I'd welcome some insight! Thanks!
"May your wisdom equal your zeal and your courage atone for your ignorance."
Offline JamesH  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 4:44:57 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Jeremiah 23 : 27

25 “I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed!’ 26 How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, 27 who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.

Vic108,  I think there is another verse also. I'll have to look for it.
Offline Mike  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 7:50:46 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi vic108,

Hos 2:16 “And it shall be, in that day,” declares יהוה, “that you call Me ‘My Husband,’ and no longer call Me ‘My Baʽal.’

The word translated My Husband is:
אישׁי

Ishi could also be translated “My individual” or “My man”

H376
אישׁ
'ı̂ysh
BDB Definition:
1) man
1a) man, male (in contrast to woman, female)
1b) husband
1c) human being, person (in contrast to God)
1d) servant
1e) mankind
1f) champion
1g) great man
2) whosoever
3) each (adjective)
Part of Speech: noun masculine

H376
אישׁ
'ı̂ysh
eesh
Contracted for H582 (or perhaps rather from an unused root meaning to be extant); a man as an individual or a male person; often used as an adjunct to a more definite term (and in such cases frequently not expressed in translation.) : - also, another, any (man), a certain, + champion, consent, each, every (one), fellow, [foot-, husband-] man, (good-, great, mighty) man, he, high (degree), him (that is), husband, man [-kind], + none, one, people, person, + steward, what (man) soever, whoso (-ever), worthy. Compare H802.

And of course My Baal should be translated “My Lord”:
בעלי׃

H1180
בּעלי
ba‛ălı̂y
BDB Definition:
Baali = “my lord”
1) a deity in the northern kingdom, variation of the name ‘Baal’

Shalom
Offline Mike  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:24:55 AM(UTC)
Mike

One more thought vic108,

If you tell someone to look at Hosea 2:16 and they look in a King James Bible it will read:

Hos 2:16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.

So unless they are willing to scratch beneath the surface and look at the definitions of the Hebrew words they will never understand that LORD should be Yahowah, Ishi should be my husband or my individual, and Baali should be my Lord

Hos 2:16 And it shall beH1961 at thatH1931 day,H3117 saithH5002 the LORD,H3068 that thou shalt callH7121 me Ishi;H376 and shalt callH7121 me noH3808 moreH5750 Baali.H1180

H3068
יהוה
yehôvâh
BDB Definition:
Jehovah = “the existing One”
1) the proper name of the one true God
1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H136
Part of Speech: noun proper deity

Shalom
Offline dajstill  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 9:44:21 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think this sums up the whole concept of "the Lord"

Isaiah 42:8

"I am Yahowah, that is My Name, and My esteem I do not give to another, nor My praise to idols"

Yes, their corrupt "bible" will say "Lord", but the point is simply - while others can claim the name "Lord" - even idols, I haven't seen anyone else throughout history calling themselves "Yahowah". The only way He isn't sharing His "esteem" with another nor praise with idols is to call Him by His Name. His unique, wonderful name.

He didn't say call Him Lord. Everything He was asked what His name was, He said "Yahowah". That's it. When someone constantly introduces themselves by one name, it is disrespectful to call them something else.

No matter how Christians try to sugar coat "Lord", you can usually get them to finally admit that, yes, Yahowah is His Name. Then call Him that. He never once introduced Himself as "Lord", not ever. It is a title He never claimed for Himself, never asked for, never initiated. Why should you or anyone else be asked to "prove" He doesn't want to be called something He never asked to be called? When Moseh asked in Exodus 3:13 "And Moseh said to Elohim, "See when I come to the children of Yisra'el and say to them, The Elohim of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me, "What is His Name? what shall I say to them?"

Yahowah CLEARLY answered

And Elohim said to Mosheh, "I am that which I am". And He said, Thus you shall say to the children of Yisra'el, "I am has sent me to you. And Elohim said FURTHER to Mosheh, Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra'el, Yahowah Elohim o fyour fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Yitsha, and the Elohim of Ya'aqob has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations."

It is clear, it is concise, and it is settled. He said clearly that "Yahowah" is what He wanted to be called to ALL generations, meaning forever. Period, over, done. When people try to argue a point beyond that, where they try to force a name or a title on to Yahowah, stop the discussion and the debate, He settled it with Mosheh, then again with Isaiah, then again, and again, and again. If they won't say Yahowah, what He asked to be called, there is no need to discuss with them further unfortunately.
Offline vic108  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 10:26:37 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

Thank you, everybody...

what prompted me to mention all this to her was her statement the other day that she was using Strong's:

"Studying the Word with Dr Strong this morning:) ~ Lord I will trust in Thee.~ trust OT:982
batach (baw-takh'); a primitive root; properly, to hie for refuge [but not so precipitately as OT:2620]; figuratively, to trust, be confident or sure:
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc."

So, I posted (thanks to y'all):

Jeremiah 23 : 27
“I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed!’
How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their
own heart, who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their
fathers forgot My name for Baal."

No matter how Christians try to sugar coat "Lord", read and understand that Yahowah is His Name. Call Him that!
He never once introduced Himself as "Lord", not ever. It is a title He never claimed for Himself, never asked for,
never initiated. Why should you or anyone else be asked to "prove" He doesn't want to be called something He
never asked to be called? When Moseh asked in Exodus 3:13 "And Moseh said to Elohim, "See when I come to
the children of Yisra'el and say to them, The Elohim of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me,
"What is His Name? what shall I say to them?"

Isaiah 42:8
"I am Yahowah, that is My Name, and My esteem I do not give to another, nor My praise to idols"
And Elohim said to Mosheh, "I am that which I am". And He said, Thus you shall say to the children
of Yisra'el, "I am has sent me to you. And Elohim said FURTHER to Mosheh, Thus you are to say to
the children of Yisra'el, Yahowah Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Yitsha,
and the Elohim of Ya'aqob has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations."

It's Baal that wants to LORD over. God gave us free will to enter into a family relationship with Him. No parent
wants to LORD over their child. Understanding the original Hebrew is paramount to knowing Yahowah!

Hos 2:16 “And it shall be, in that day,” declares יהוה, “that you call Me ‘My Husband,’ and no longer call Me ‘My Baʽal. (My Lord)’

I thought maybe she'd like to dig deep but she replied:

"Dear Vic,

HE also calls Himself “adonay” in passages like: Ezek 13:9
And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine
lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be
written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the
land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.
The root of that word literally means ,” Lord Master Owner.”

"Jesus said why do you call Me Lord Lord and do not so what I say.
He longs for sons who will lovingly choose to make Him Lord.
He longs for us to yeild lovingly to His Lordship.
Not to force us to follow Him...but for us to willingly follow and obey..."

I replied:
There are two reasons that these Divine Placeholders were universally presented
on every codex written by Yahowsha‘s Disciples dating to the first- through third-century.
Names like Yahowah and Yahowsha‘ cannot be transliterated using the Greek alphabet.
And God‘s titles are meaningful in the original language— wherethe words themselves convey important instructions

She replied:
"He is so amazing !He never forces Himself...He lovingly offers an invitation ....
It's up to us to choose...to make Him The Lord over us!
As for me and my house~ we will worship~ we will follow~ we will bow down~ we will love and adore Him forever!"

So, that was my first attempt to talk with an old family friend (and now, married to a Pastor) about Yahowah.
After that last statement of hers, I figured it's best left for the pros. Little steps for little understanding...
Offline dajstill  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 4:31:14 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Welcome to the fold brother!

No "pro" would help her, she has determined that she likes having a "Lord" and no amount of truth will change that for her. I have spoken with Pastor's wives and the most common response I get is "all I know is I love Jesus", not matter what truth is presented. Their faith is built so strong that logic and reason mean nothing to them. They don't care about facts, they have "faith". In fact, being illogical is seen as a good thing due to Paul: 1 Corinthians 1:27 "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God has chosen the weak to put to shame the strong."

Ignorance is seen as "godly" and saying "all I know is Jesus" and "my faith is in Jesus no matter what others say" is seen as a badge of honor.

Never give up the fight, just remember the numbers, less than 1 in a million will find Yahowah.
Offline vic108  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:35:25 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

well, she did send me a message this time..... sounds like she may be open to dialog.
Besides Strongs, what other tools do you use - for understanding the Hebrew?

"Just a note to say you are loved like a brother:)
Been pondering you r posts and praying to hear your heart in it...
May we have an amiable discourse? I was just wondering this: if the
disciples of God wrote that He called Himself I Am...and they caled him Lord...
why is it that you object to acknowledging Him as Lord? Just wondering...
He is not a dictatorial evil God in Christianity ...but a loving servant who is intrinsically undenyably Lord...
Just some thoughts
Love you Bro"
Offline cgb2  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:02:50 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Woe to the scribes. Why does this myth perpetuate, when in the very next verse He states his name....Yahowah. But even in strongs, BDB, etc H3068 it will say jehova (which I understand really means discord, desolation). Nor did he say Lord (Baal) nor Ba'alzebub (lord of the house) either. Bible translators know full well what they are doing 7000 times. Their little mention in some forwards like the NASB citing rabbinical tradition don;t cut it either. Ackk, the rocks would cry out.

Imagine a correct translation of for instance: Eli'yah servant of Yahowah versus the 400 priests of the Lord. :^)
But don't expect evidence and reason to work on the religious faithful....especially a pastor's wife. If her husband was to start speaking truth just on the name, his congregation would leave and that would be bad for business. Moreover if one of the congregation where to speak even this truth, they would be asked to leave...because it might perpetuate, with others asking "well, what else have I been lied to about?"...and that would be really, really bad for business. They might even question Paul and loose the very foundation for institutions with ruling paid clergy (1 Tim 5:17 etc)

Exo 3:14 And Elohim said to Mosheh, “I am that which I am.”1 And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ” Footnote: 1The Heḇrew text reads: ’eyeh ’asher ’eyeh, the word ’eyeh being derived from hayah which means to be, to exist, but the Aramaic text here in v. 14 reads: ayah ashar ayah. This is not His Name, but it is an explanation that leads up to the revelation of His Name in v. 15, namely: יהוה.
Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisra’ĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.’

Exo 3:15 And GodH430 saidH559 moreoverH5750 untoH413 Moses,H4872 ThusH3541 shalt thou sayH559 untoH413 the childrenH1121 of Israel,H3478 The LORDH3068 GodH430 of your fathers,H1 the GodH430 of Abraham,H85 the GodH430 of Isaac,H3327 and the GodH430 of Jacob,H3290 hath sentH7971 me untoH413 you: thisH2088 is my nameH8034 for ever,H5769 and thisH2088 is my memorialH2143 unto all generations.H1755 H1755

Num 22:41 And it came to passH1961 on the morrow,H1242 that BalakH1111 tookH3947 (H853) Balaam,H1109 and brought him upH5927 into the high placesH1116 of Baal,H1168 that thenceH4480 H8033 he might seeH7200 the utmostH7097 part of the people.H5971

H1167
בּעל
ba‛al
BDB Definition:
1) owner, husband, lord
1a) owner
1b) a husband
1c) citizens, inhabitants
1d) rulers, lords
1e) (noun of relationship used to characterise - i.e., master of dreams)
1f) lord (used of foreign gods)
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H1166
Same Word by TWOT Number: 262a

Mat 10:25 It is enoughG713 for theG3588 discipleG3101 thatG2443 he beG1096 asG5613 hisG846 master,G1320 andG2532 theG3588 servantG1401 asG5613 hisG846 lord.G2962 IfG1487 they have calledG2564 theG3588 master of the houseG3617 Beelzebub,G954 how muchG4214 moreG3123 shall they call them of his household?G3615 G846

G954
Βεελζεβούλ
Beelzeboul
Thayer Definition:
Beelzebub = “lord of the house”
1) a name of Satan, the prince of evil spirits
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine

Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:07:48 PM(UTC)
cgb2

^ Oops grabbed the wrong strongs number...but it too is Ba'al (Lord).
H1168
בּעל
ba‛al
BDB Definition:
Baal = “lord”
1) supreme male divinity of the Phoenicians or Canaanites (noun proper masculine)
2) a Reubenite (noun proper masculine)
3) the son of Jehiel and grandfather of Saul (noun proper masculine)
4) a town of Simeon, probably identical to Baalath-beer (noun proper locative)
Part of Speech: see above in Definition
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: the same as H1167
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:27:42 AM(UTC)
cgb2

After he stated "This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations", he repeated it again, even instructing him to say it to Pharoah:

Exo 3:16 “Go, and you shall gather the elders of Yisra’ĕl together, and say to them, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, of Yitsḥaq, and of Yaʽaqoḇ, appeared to me, saying, “I have indeed visited you and seen what is done to you in Mitsrayim;
Exo 3:17 and I say: I am bringing you up out of the affliction of Mitsrayim to the land of the Kenaʽanite and the Ḥittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Ḥiwwite and the Yeḇusite, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” ’
Exo 3:18 “And they shall listen to your voice. And you shall come, you and the elders of Yisra’ĕl, to the sovereign of Mitsrayim, and you shall say to him, ‘יהוה Elohim of the Heḇrews has met with us. And now, please, let us go three days’ journey into the wilderness to slaughter to יהוה our Elohim.’
Exo 3:19 “But I know that the sovereign of Mitsrayim is not going to let you go, not even by a strong hand.

Woe to the scribes, of most bible translations. Yahowah thought it important enough to write on stone:

Exo 20:7 “You do not bring the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught.

Or better amplified:
7 "You shall not lift up, support, or advance, forgive or dignify, respect or tolerate, through the Name or reputation of Yahowah your God, lifeless and worthless deceptions or devastating and destructive falsehoods. For indeed Yahowah will not forgive or leave unpunished those who deceive, beguile, or delude, using clever trickery to mislead in association with His Name, to promote vain and ineffectual lies which lead to lifelessness and destruction, or devastating deceptions which nullify our existence, leading to emptiness."

Sad that this has been truncated to "don't say god damn" from decievers teachings.
Offline cgb2  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:54:44 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Although Luke is 2nd hand hearsay, since xtians put so much stock in the NT:

Luk 19:37 And as He was coming near, already at the descent of the Mount of Olives, the entire crowd of the taught ones began, to praise Elohim, rejoicing with a loud voice for all the miracles they had seen,
Luk 19:38 saying, “ ‘Blessed is the Sovereign who is coming in the Name of יהוה!’ Peace in heaven and esteem in the highest!”
Luk 19:39 And some of the Pharisees from the crowd, said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your taught ones.”
Luk 19:40 But He answering, said to them, “I say to you that if these shall be silent, the stones would cry out.”

Yahowsha earlier on avoided the death sentence from saying Father's name, like in the case of the rich young rulers asking him about eternal life...do what Mosheh said...and then starts with example "honor your father and mother"...For If he would have accurately quoted any of the previous, he would have had to say Yahowah...even 3 times about honoring the sabbath.

As others have pointed out, below is another example. Makes one ask, why would Yahowsha have to reveal the Father's name to his 12, a group of Yahudim, as if they had never heard it?

Joh 17:24 “Father, I desire that those whom You have given Me, might be with Me where I am, so that they see My esteem which You have given Me, because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
Joh 17:25 “O righteous Father, indeed the world did not know You, but I knew You, and these knew that You sent Me.
Joh 17:26 “And I have made Your Name known to them, and shall make it known,1 so that the love with which You loved Me might be in them, and I in them.”
Offline Mike  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:35:45 PM(UTC)
Mike

Vic108,

I find it interesting that she quoted Ezekial 13:9. This is one of the cases that should be a total embarassment to the “translators” of English Bibles.

Ezekial 13:9 should read adonay Yahowah or “my lord Yahowah” or “my master Yahowah” or even “my husband Yahowah” but instead the KJV says the Lord God. Usually they translate Yahowah (H3069) as “the LORD”. In this verse it would have looked stupid to say “the Lord the LORD” so they wrote “the Lord God” instead. I think that Yahowah put that verse in there just to mess with the scribes and translators to show how corrupt and deceiving that they are. It’s really funny in a way but also sad that people have so corrupted His word.

Eze 13:9 “My hand shall be against the prophets who see falsehood and who divine lies. They shall not be in the council of My people, nor be written in the record of the house of Yisra’ĕl, and they shall not enter into the land of Yisra’ĕl. And you shall know that I am the Master יהוה.

Eze 13:9 And mine handH3027 shall beH1961 uponH413 the prophetsH5030 that seeH2372 vanity,H7723 and that divineH7080 lies:H3577 they shall notH3808 beH1961 in the assemblyH5475 of my people,H5971 neitherH3808 shall they be writtenH3789 in the writingH3791 of the houseH1004 of Israel,H3478 neitherH3808 shall they enterH935 intoH413 the landH127 of Israel;H3478 and ye shall knowH3045 thatH3588 IH589 am the LordH136 GOD.H3069

H136
אדני
'ădônây
BDB Definition:
1) my lord, lord
1a) of men
1b) of God
2) Lord - title, spoken in place of Yahweh in Jewish display of reverence
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: am emphatic form of H113

H113
אדן / אדון
'âdôn / 'âdôn
BDB Definition:
1) firm, strong, lord, master
1a) lord, master
1a1) reference to men
1a1a) superintendent of household,of affairs
1a1b) master
1a1c) king
1a2) reference to God
1a2a) the Lord God
1a2b) Lord of the whole earth
1b) lords, kings
1b1) reference to men
1b1a) proprietor of hill of Samaria
1b1b) master
1b1c) husband
1b1d) prophet
1b1e) governor
1b1f) prince
1b1g) king
1b2) reference to God
1b2a) Lord of lords (probably = “thy husband, Yahweh”)
1c) my lord, my master
1c1) reference to men
1c1a) master
1c1b) husband
1c1c) prophet
1c1d) prince
1c1e) king
1c1f) father
1c1g) Moses
1c1h) priest
1c1i) theophanic angel
1c1j) captain
1c1k) general recognition of superiority
1c2) reference to God
1c2a) my Lord,my Lord and my God
1c2b) Adonai (parallel with Yahweh)

H3069
יהוה
yehôvih
BDB Definition:
1) Jehovah - used primarily in the combination ‘Lord Jehovah’
Part of Speech: noun proper deity

Shalom
Offline vic108  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:12:05 AM(UTC)
vic108
Man

Thank you for your help!

I also asked a preacher at work if he could reconcile the Sermon On The Mount with Galatians 2, saying it couldn't be done as Paul was a false prophet and he looked at me and said "OH NO!" Right about that time, the boss (himself a jehovah witness) was walking up so I told him that I would talk to him later...
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:14:54 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Trying to rationalize the chronology of Galations to Acts w/Paul's travels is a nightmare too. Confused

As further confirmation last night I was thumbing thru the strongs numbers starting at H1167 on E-Sword and quite a bit after.
Really bolstered the deception english bible tranlators have to know but instead cling to traditions.

"lord of this, and lord of that - lots of variations! Most of them defined as pagan dieties.