logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ark
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:15:24 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Warning

I have a new hypothesis that I would like to test if any one is willing.

Before starting, the definition of hypothesis.      http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothesis

Here is is the hypothesis I have come to.

The Ark of the Covenant contains the entire testimony given to Moses by YHWH.   Exodus 24 : 12 and  Exodus 25 : 16

Exodus 24 : 12
12 Then YHWH said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.”

Exodus 25 : 16
16 And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

The entire testimony given to Moses is Exodus chapter 20 through 31 : 18

The Testimony was not written in stone. As in no 10 commandments 

The Testimony is the stone (Building Material) for our relationship with YHWH

Upon YHWH's final return , mankind will individually be judged by what is contained in the Ark.
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 10:00:29 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Does Joshua back this up...sounds like it to me.

Joshua
24:19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve YHWH: for he [is] an set-apart Elohim; he [is] a jealous Elohim; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

24:20 If ye forsake YHWH, and serve strange elohim, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

24:21 And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve YHWH.

24:22 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye [are] witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you YHWH, to serve him. And they said, [We are] witnesses.

24:23 Now therefore put away, [said he], the strange elohim which [are] among you, and incline your heart unto YHWH Elohim of Israel.

24:24 And the people said unto Joshua, YHWH our Elohim will we serve, and his voice will we obey.

24:25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.

24:26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of Elohim, and took a great stone, and set it up there under an oak, that [was] by the sanctuary of YHWH.

24:27 And Joshua said unto all the people, Behold, this stone shall be a witness unto us; for it hath heard all the words of YHWH which he spake unto us: it shall be therefore a witness unto you, lest ye deny your Elohim.

24:28 So Joshua let the people depart, every man unto his inheritance.