logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pauljw  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 4:09:51 AM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place for this, but my family and I are trying to get right with Yahweh and we're wondering whether or not we should be giving up pork products (which we all love.) If yes, we'd also like to know the reason that pork is considered unclean?

Thanks for any info you can provide us.

Yours in Yahweh,
Paul
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 4:34:36 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Welcome Paul. This was something that I decided a while back after learning Yah's prescription for diet and reasoning. The answer is quite simple according to my current knowledge - the foods (such as pork) that Yahuwah stated is unclean is because they were never originally intended to be food, and consequently is harmful to us if eaten. Yah cares about us in our entirety - body, mind, and spirit. More in depth, pigs do not fully digest the foods that they eat and the bacteria they consume could end up harming us, amongst other reasons I'm sure. Hopefully this will help :)
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:14:06 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
well stated Godfrey. Like Gofrey said, in God's mind pork is not food. That said, is he going to block your entry to heaven because you had a ham sandwich, well would you block your son from entry into your house, because he had a few beers when he was eighteen, and you told him not too? i think the best way to look at it, is it was given for our benefit, and it would benefit us not to eat what he has told us isn't food. When you really study it, most of what he said not to eat, isn't good for you at all.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:36:39 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
A scientific study of the flesh of "clean" and "unclean" critters. Anything below 75% is toxic and utterly confirms what Yahweh said is food in Leviticus 11 & Deuteronomy 14.

http://members.dslextrem.../hollymick/Macht1953.pdf
Offline Daniel  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:41:43 AM(UTC)
Daniel

While seated at a steakhouse, a friend of mine said, regarding the salad: "That is not food! That is what food eats!"

After reading The Owner's Manual and watching Food, Inc. I've got to find another source of nutrition...

(Only 31 days left in this year's deer season!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:22:39 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
pauljw wrote:
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place for this, but my family and I are trying to get right with Yahweh and we're wondering whether or not we should be giving up pork products (which we all love.) If yes, we'd also like to know the reason that pork is considered unclean?

Thanks for any info you can provide us.

Yours in Yahweh,
Paul

Welcome, Paul!

It was a major step for us to turn away from eating the animals Yahuwah prohibits in Leviticus 11, but the actual doing has been surprisingly easy. This passage might be instructive regarding how Yahuwah regards the eating of pork:

Isaiah 65:1-4 wrote:

"I am inquired of by those who didn’t ask; I am found by those who didn’t seek me: I said, 'See me, see me,' to a nation that was not called by my name. I have spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; a people who provoke Me to My face continually, sacrificing in gardens, and burning incense on bricks; who sit among the graves, and lodge in the secret places; who eat pig’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; who say, 'Stand by yourself, don’t come near to me, for I am holier than you.' These are a smoke in My nose, a fire that burns all the day."

I am not as interested in what others have to say about the whys of not eating this or that as I am in obeying my Father in Heaven. Nevertheless, science has indeed shown that those animals which He forbids us to eat are certainly not worthy to be called food for human beings. One book I found informative and entertaining is "Holy Cow!" by Hope Egan. Ms. Egan is a vegan, which I am most certainly not, and she lauds Judaism, which I despise. But her facts seem to be in order and I enjoyed her book. Another, which may be out of print now, is "None of These Diseases" by someone whose name I have forgotten. If you can find it, read it. It deals with, among other things, how adhering to Yahuwah's instructions regarding diet pretty much guarantees that we won't fall prey to the diseases of Western Civilization. In that same vein was another book, "The Save Your Life Diet", again perhaps out of print.

The main point is that we ought to do what Yahuwah says just because He said it. We should not wait to obey until man has proven that Yahuwah had a good reason for commanding what He commands. That is my opinion on the matter. That and a few dollars might buy you a cup of coffee in the Pacific Northwest ...

Richard
Offline Daniel  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:54:38 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
"The Save Your Life Diet", again perhaps out of print.

Buy it used on Amazon by clicking here. (About the same price as a coffee from $tarbuck$.)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline pauljw  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:51:52 AM(UTC)
pauljw

Thanks so much everyone, lots of useful information here. I want to say that we're not waiting on reasons that Yah has for not eating pork, we've already begun eliminating it from our diet. I was merely curious to learn what it is that sets pork apart and makes it unclean. I trust Yahweh completely, but knowing him as I do, I know that he encourages us to question and learn, seek if you will. I want to be able to explain it to my young daughter and others who may ask why we no longer do the things we have done.

Thanks again, I now have a lot more reading than time to read it. :)

Paul
Offline RidesWithYah  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 3:42:53 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Paul,

Sounds like you got your answer, but maybe my story will give you some encouragement.

My whole family has blonde hair, and fair skin. We sunburn easily, so skin cancer is a very real concern. This fall, I noticed a change in the appearance of a mole, so made an appointment to see my doctor. After the usual preliminaries, she came in to check the mole. She said it was fine, but she had a couple of questions for me. It was something along the lines of:

"What happened? We used to see you four or five times a year, and now we haven't seen you in over eighteen months. You've lost fifteen pounds, and your blood pressure has dropped from borderline high to solidly normal."

It was about two and a half years ago that I started eating clean. Not because I was spritually convicted, but because so many men in my family had died of heart disease before age 50. My dad, his dad, his grandfather, his great uncles. My great aunt called it the "Swedish curse". I looked at what I was eating (bacon, pepperoni, etc.) and realized that I was headed for the same fate. Seafood without fins and scales was harder for me. I grew up in Louisiana. Crawfish, oysters, shrimp, catfish... they aren't just food, they're social events. But I gave them up. If I can do it, you can too.

Recurring sinus infections had been the reason they knew me so well at the doctors office. I was on a treadmill of antibiotics. Haven't needed them in over two years now, and last summer and this summer are the first two I can ever remember that I wasn't miserable with allergies, or doped up on antihistamines, or both. And my last visit to the doctor eighteen months ago? Yah teaching me a lesson about obedience. In my stubborn head, I needed to work on our kitchen remodeling project, rather than fellowshipping with our local ekklesia, on a feast day. I was putting a hole through a joist to run some wire, when the spade bit caught a knot and locked up. The heavy duty drill I borrowed from my contractor didn't stop, and took my wrist right around, snapping the bone. Trying to make up a day on the schedule cost me six weeks in a cast, a bunch of money (for medical bills and paying the contractor to do what I had planned to do myself), and much of the prime motorcycle riding season.

"I set before you this day a blessing and a curse."
He truly does. You get to pick, so choose wisely.

Hallelu-Yah!
Offline Juski  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 4:41:47 AM(UTC)
Juski

Hi -just thought I'd share our pork journey too

I've grown quite used to my husband coming in and saying I think Yah wants us to this, or that but was really surprised when we were all sat down to a lunch of sausage and mash he told me Yah said we shouldn't eat pork anymore!

Initailly we looked at the passages which describe what animals are unclean - for most we could come up with a reasons why why shouldn't eat them....many of the creatures are scavengers or cleaning animals that eat any old rubbish. Lions would probably eat you before you ate them, badgers carry tb and stuff, camels and horses are more use alive than dead. But pork we couldn't really figure out But knowing that Yah has never asked us to do anything for no reason we kind of just accepted that if pork was on the list with all these other things then Yah obviously had his reasons.

Anyway we also googled pork and found some fascinating and disgusting things out about it - like if you pour cola on raw pork worms crawl out of it, their digestive system is really basic and toxins from what they eat go straight into their flesh, also those stories (don't know if they are for real or just on telly!) of dead bodies been feed to pigs because they eat the whole lot leaving no evidence! That was enough to put us off pork for life. All the animals Yah designates as food eat natural stuff like grass and have complex digestive systems eliminating all the bad stuff from their bodies.

We haven't eaten unclean foods for several years now and it is actually really easy. We thought pork would be the hardest to lose but its been surprisingly easy. The smell of pork turns our stomachs and from the day we decided to follow yahs advice we have not wanted pork once. Its very normal to our kids and not a big deal. They were really young when we stopped eating pork so didn't really know the difference between meats which was challenging, we wrote to school and told them they were not allowed pork and put them on packed lunches because they were a bit little to know what they were eating. Now they are older they can choose for themselves what is suitable when we are out.

We have always been really honest with the children and explained in simple terms why we do the things we do, so for now their understanding is that pork is not good for you and that yahweh tells us not to eat things that are bad for us. When they are older I'm sure we will go into more detail with them. But actually it is as simple and childlike as that -Yah tells us what is good for us to eat, and that's what we do. He is our daddy and knows what is best for us :)

Offline bigritchie  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 5:16:29 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Hey Paul I just saw this thread and wanted to comment also.

I stopped eating Pork and other products about 4 years ago. And I can tell you that I have not been sick since.

I went from having massive sinus headaches where my forehead would literally swell and felt as if someone was running a drill in and out of the spot, to barely having a slight pain when a massive front moves in.

I used to be one of those people that thought he would drop dead without bacon, and now the thought of it makes me want to puke.

I can about promise you this, if you and your family begin to obey the Creator in this, it will change your life.
Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 9:27:27 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Juski wrote:
dead bodies been feed to pigs because they eat the whole lot leaving no evidence!

Duly noted...

Juski wrote:
we wrote to school and told them they were not allowed pork and put them on packed lunches because they were a bit little to know what they were eating.

They must think you are muslims.

My kids and I always have a big laugh when we are traveling through south Georgia, USA on Interstate Highway 75. We make a big deal about taking the "Pharisee's Bypass" (I-475) so we don't have to drive through the town of Macon, which sounds like bacon. My wife just rolls her eyes...
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline RidesWithYah  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 12:09:53 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

And I finally found the secret to getting decent airplane food...
When you purchase your ticket, request a kosher meal.
I've had several other passengers peering over their seats, coveting my dinner on long flights.
The only downside is that if they start killing passengers, you're probably going first.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 2:53:05 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

UserPostedImage
Offline MadDog  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 10:35:41 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well, I'm a little embarrased to say I've fallen off the "unclean food" wagon the last couple of
weeks.

Seems like I'll go strong for 11 months and then BLAM, I get real strong hunger pangs.

I'll even throw up after my first meal. I'll recover and go back on a kosher diet. This has
been going on for three years now.
Offline MadDog  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 10:50:25 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Daniel wrote:

My kids and I always have a big laugh when we are traveling through south Georgia, USA on Interstate Highway 75. We make a big deal about taking the "Pharisee's Bypass" (I-475) so we don't have to drive through the town of Macon, which sounds like bacon. My wife just rolls her eyes...

I find it interesting that other than bacon, pork is called ham. Of course you have Ham the son of Noah, and then you have Abraham.

What is really interesting to me is that in spanish pork or pig is called "marrano." Play with that word and you'll get Moran (i.e. last name), murano (dark or dark skinned), and Moron as in idiot.

and from wikipedia we get this:

Marranos or 'secret Jews' were Sephardic Jews, or Jewish people living in the Iberian peninsula, forced to convert to Catholicism-Christianity or be expelled from the Kingdoms of Castile and Aragon (Spain). This designation officially began in 1492 with the Castilian Alhambra Decree, reversing protections in the Treaty of Granada (1491), and used for conversos, or ' confirmed converts', at first. However, soon Marranos was used for people that continued to practice Judaism secretly, crypto-Jews preserving their Jewish identity, 'the secret Jews' or judíos escondidos. In Hebrew, forced converts were known as Anusim, which means unwilling ones, though the term would also include those who did not retain their Judaism.

Marrano in 15th century Spanish first meant pig, from the ritual prohibition against eating pork, practiced by both Jews and Muslims. During the Spanish Inquisition Marrano acquired the pejorative meanings: "filthy-pig" (sucio); swine (sin escrúpulos); and "filthy-dirty". In contemporary Spanish the word is no longer associated with Jews. In contemporary Portuguese the word refers only to crypto-Jews, with marrão meaning the animal pig or swine.

Offline RobertMV  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 5:08:11 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

I use to eat un Koser food and loved it all. But when I read in the Laws of Moses about unclean food I gave it up. I have been around pigs and if you spend any time around them you would stop eating pork right away. Here is a page I made I think might help you. One more thing ; Don't let any systemiet preacher tell you tha the food laws died on the Cross. WRONG, DID NOT HAPPEN , NO WAY. they only teach that to keep the pork eaters in the pews happy, pew ? hmmm.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/robear/laws/1.html

Let me hear from you after you read this. Read it with an open mind and heart. Ask Yahweh to show you the truth. He will.
Offline JamesH  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:24:42 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
KP posted this some time back. You might find it interesting. http://members.dslextrem.../hollymick/Macht1953.pdf
Offline JamesH  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:53:04 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Offline James  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 2:55:56 AM(UTC)
James
Man

bump

Offline Daniel  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 4:00:15 AM(UTC)
Daniel

RobertMV wrote:

Let me hear from you after you read this.

Constructive (I hope!) criticism to follow:

regarding: http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/robear/laws/1.html

Hi Robert!

I read you pages over the weekend (between Hanukkah parties). Nicely done, sir.

The content is well written and concise, which adds to its readability.

The typography and some of the images, detract from the readability.

May I humbly make the following suggestions, good sir:

1) Get rid of the animated gif images's of the stone tablets on the first page, the flashing is very distracting. (and they have ROMAN NUMERALS! ;-) I am sure the originals didn't have ROMAN numbers on them!)

2) Make ALL of the pages have black type on a white back ground. This is the first "commandment" of typography, it makes it much easier to read. This is why all books are printed this way. In fact, "premium" quality printing includes the "whitest" paper and the "blackest" ink. This costs extra at the print shop, but costs nothing extra on the web/computer.

3) Use a "serif" font for your "body copy" (the main text, the paragraphs), such as "Times". The serif's are like putting a little picture frame around each letter, improving readability.

4) Use a "sans-serif" font for the headings (and add more headings, like a magazine article would have) such as "Arial", "Helvetica" or "Verdana".

5) Only use 2 fonts per document, One "serif" font for the body copy, one "sans-serif" font for the headings. Using too many fonts leads to "ransom note typography"!

6) Publish an "all-in-one" edition of the entire article concatenated into one document and provide a link to it on each page. You can make it a single HTML page, a PDF or a Word document (or all three!) This will make it easier for people to share the entire article by way of e-mail or printing paper copies (for people who are not capable of "going on The Google" to look it up).

Good work, sir!

I like the brevity, now just fix up the typography. The scribes had rules for how to make copies of the scrolls to make them readable, the typographic rules (listed above) might be considered extrapolations of the scribal rules.

Daniel

PS: (I private messaged Robert with this feedback, too. So don't think that I am calling him out here in public. I am reposting this message here because I am not convinced of the reliability of the message board software engine.!)
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline pauljw  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:30:21 AM(UTC)
pauljw

RobertMV wrote:
I use to eat un Koser food and loved it all. But when I read in the Laws of Moses about unclean food I gave it up. I have been around pigs and if you spend any time around them you would stop eating pork right away. Here is a page I made I think might help you. One more thing ; Don't let any systemiet preacher tell you tha the food laws died on the Cross. WRONG, DID NOT HAPPEN , NO WAY. they only teach that to keep the pork eaters in the pews happy, pew ? hmmm.

Let me hear from you after you read this. Read it with an open mind and heart. Ask Yahweh to show you the truth. He will.

RobertMV,

Thanks so much! Actually, thanks to everyone here for being so helpful. Robert, your webpage is awesome and I'm going to be using it for this Sabbath's family lesson. This is just the type of info I was looking for, written in easy to understand language that even my 9yr old can grasp.

I'm amazed that this thread took off like it did, makes me glad I asked the question.

Paul
Offline cgb2  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 1:13:02 PM(UTC)
cgb2

This is the verses most often cited that it's now OK to eat scavengers/predators/....then they leave off the interpretation in verse 28 which has nothing to do with it:

ISR 1998
Act 10:9 And on the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Kĕpha went up on the house-top to pray, about the sixth hour.
Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wished to eat. But while they were preparing, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 and he saw the heaven opened and a certain vessel like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth,
Act 10:12 in which were all kinds of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of the heaven.
Act 10:13 And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.”
Act 10:14 But Kĕpha said, “Not at all, Master! Because I have never eaten whatever is common or unclean.”
Act 10:15 And a voice came to him again the second time, “What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.”
Act 10:16 And this took place three times, and the vessel was taken back to the heaven.
Act 10:17 And while Kĕpha was doubting within himself about what the vision might mean, look, the men who had been sent from Cornelius, having asked for the house of Shimʽon, stood at the gate,
Act 10:18 and calling out, they enquired whether Shimʽon, also known as Kĕpha, was staying there.
Act 10:19 And as Kĕpha was thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “See, three men seek you.
Act 10:20 “But rise up, go down and go with them, not doubting at all, for I have sent them.”
Act 10:21 So Kĕpha went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Look, I am the one you seek. Why have you come?”
Act 10:22 And they said, “Cornelius the captain, a righteous man and one who fears Elohim and well spoken of by the entire nation of the Yehuḏim, was instructed by a set-apart messenger to send for you to his house, and to hear words from you.”
Act 10:23 So inviting them in, he housed them. And on the next day Kĕpha went away with them, and some brothers from Yapho went with him.
Act 10:24 And the following day they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his relatives and close friends.
Act 10:25 And it came to be, that when Kĕpha entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and bowed before him.
Act 10:26 But Kĕpha raised him up, saying, “Stand up, I myself am also a man.”
Act 10:27 And talking with him, he went in and found many who had come together.
Act 10:28 And he said to them, “You know that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race. But Elohim has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.1 Footnote: 1See v. 35.
Act 10:34 And opening his mouth, Kĕpha said, “Truly I see that Elohim shows no partiality,
Act 10:35 but in every nation, he who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Offline cgb2  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 1:41:25 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Note the prevailing theme that these types of critters are an abomination to us, not neccesarly to YHWH:
ISR 1998 (free for E-Sword http://www.isr-messianic.org/)
Lev 11:1 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh and to Aharon, saying to them,
Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘These are the living creatures which you do eat among all the beasts that are on the earth:
Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘These are the living creatures which you do eat among all the beasts that are on the earth:
Lev 11:3 ‘Whatever has a split hoof completely divided, chewing the cud, among the beasts, that you do eat.
Lev 11:4 ‘Only, these you do not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have a split hoof: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:5 and the rabbit, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:6 and the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:7 and the pig, though it has a split hoof, completely divided, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean to you.
Lev 11:8 ‘Their flesh you do not eat, and their carcasses you do not touch. They are unclean to you.
Lev 11:9 ‘These you do eat of all that are in the waters: any one that has fins and scales in the waters, in the seas or in the rivers, that you do eat.
Lev 11:10 ‘But all that have not fins and scales in the seas and in the rivers, all that move in the waters or any living creature which is in the waters, they are an abomination to you.
Lev 11:11 ‘They are an abomination to you – of their flesh you do not eat, and their carcasses you abominate.
Lev 11:12 ‘All that have not fins or scales in the waters is an abomination to you.
Lev 11:13 ‘And these you do abominate among the birds, they are not eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the vulture, and the black vulture,
Lev 11:14 and the hawk, and the falcon after its kind,
Lev 11:15 every raven after its kind,
Lev 11:16 and the ostrich, and the nighthawk, and the seagull, and the hawk after its kind,
Lev 11:17 and the little owl, and the fisher owl, and the great owl,
Lev 11:18 and the white owl, and the pelican, and the carrion vulture,
Lev 11:19 and the stork, the heron after its kind, and the hoopoe, and the bat.
Lev 11:20 ‘All flying insects that creep on all fours is an abomination to you.
Lev 11:21 ‘Only, these you do eat of every flying insect that creeps on all fours: those which have jointed legs above their feet with which to leap on the earth.
Lev 11:22 ‘These of them you do eat: the locust after its kind, and the destroying locust after its kind, and the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind.
Lev 11:23 ‘But all other flying insects which have four feet is an abomination to you.
Lev 11:24 ‘And by these you are made unclean, anyone touching the carcass of any of them is unclean until evening,
Lev 11:25 and anyone picking up part of the carcass of any of them has to wash his garments, and shall be unclean until evening.
Lev 11:26 ‘Every beast that has a split hoof not completely divided, or does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Anyone who touches their carcass is unclean.
Lev 11:27 ‘And whatever goes on its paws, among all the creatures that go on all fours, those are unclean to you. Anyone who touches their carcass is unclean until evening,
Lev 11:28 and he who picks up their carcass has to wash his garments, and shall be unclean until evening. They are unclean to you.
Lev 11:29 ‘And these are unclean to you among the creeping creatures that creep on the earth: the mole, and the mouse, and the tortoise after its kind,
Lev 11:30 and the gecko, and the land crocodile, and the sand reptile, and the sand lizard, and the chameleon.
Lev 11:31 ‘These are unclean to you among all that creep. Anyone who touches them when they are dead becomes unclean until evening.

....but yet in one the many prophesies regarding the Great day of YHWH (2nd coming of MessiYAH), we have this:

Isa 66:15 “For look, יהוה comes with fire and with His chariots, like a whirlwind, to render His displeasure with burning, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
Isa 66:16 “For by fire and by His sword יהוה shall judge all flesh, and the slain of יהוה shall be many –
Isa 66:17 those who set themselves apart and cleanse themselves at the gardens after ‘One’ in the midst, eating flesh of pigs1 and the abomination and the mouse, are snatched away, together,” declares יהוה. Footnote: 1See 65:4.

Isa 65:3 the people who provoke Me continually to My face, who slaughter in gardens, and burn incense on altars of brick;
Isa 65:4 who sit among the graves, and spend the night in secret places, who eat flesh of pigs1, and the broth of unclean meat is in their pots, Footnote: 1See 66:17.
Isa 65:5 who say, ‘Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am set-apart to you!’ These are smoke in My nostrils, a fire that burns all day.

These various prophesies of that day seems to tie different element of those who don't love him & keep him commandments, nor trust him in defiance.
Offline James  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 2:57:28 AM(UTC)
James
Man

cgb2 wrote:
This is the verses most often cited that it's now OK to eat scavengers/predators/....then they leave off the interpretation in verse 28 which has nothing to do with it:

ISR 1998
Act 10:9 And on the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Kĕpha went up on the house-top to pray, about the sixth hour.
Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wished to eat. But while they were preparing, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 and he saw the heaven opened and a certain vessel like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth,
Act 10:12 in which were all kinds of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of the heaven.
Act 10:13 And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.”
Act 10:14 But Kĕpha said, “Not at all, Master! Because I have never eaten whatever is common or unclean.”
Act 10:15 And a voice came to him again the second time, “What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.”
Act 10:16 And this took place three times, and the vessel was taken back to the heaven.
Act 10:17 And while Kĕpha was doubting within himself about what the vision might mean, look, the men who had been sent from Cornelius, having asked for the house of Shimʽon, stood at the gate,
Act 10:18 and calling out, they enquired whether Shimʽon, also known as Kĕpha, was staying there.
Act 10:19 And as Kĕpha was thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “See, three men seek you.
Act 10:20 “But rise up, go down and go with them, not doubting at all, for I have sent them.”
Act 10:21 So Kĕpha went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Look, I am the one you seek. Why have you come?”
Act 10:22 And they said, “Cornelius the captain, a righteous man and one who fears Elohim and well spoken of by the entire nation of the Yehuḏim, was instructed by a set-apart messenger to send for you to his house, and to hear words from you.”
Act 10:23 So inviting them in, he housed them. And on the next day Kĕpha went away with them, and some brothers from Yapho went with him.
Act 10:24 And the following day they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his relatives and close friends.
Act 10:25 And it came to be, that when Kĕpha entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and bowed before him.
Act 10:26 But Kĕpha raised him up, saying, “Stand up, I myself am also a man.”
Act 10:27 And talking with him, he went in and found many who had come together.
Act 10:28 And he said to them, “You know that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race. But Elohim has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.1 Footnote: 1See v. 35.
Act 10:34 And opening his mouth, Kĕpha said, “Truly I see that Elohim shows no partiality,
Act 10:35 but in every nation, he who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

My mother in law used to bring this verse up, I don't see how anyone can interpret this as it's okay to disregard Yah's prescriptions. As you pointed out the dream is clearly interpreted in vs 28. The point of the vision was not that all food is good, but that all people can come to know Yah. It drives me crazy when people use Scripture like that.

Offline bigritchie  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 3:01:36 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

James wrote:
My mother in law used to bring this verse up, I don't see how anyone can interpret this as it's okay to disregard Yah's prescriptions. As you pointed out the dream is clearly interpreted in vs 28. The point of the vision was not that all food is good, but that all people can come to know Yah. It drives me crazy when people use Scripture like that.

I turn this entire account back on them.

The entire account proves that Y'shua never mentioned one word to Peter about the food laws changing, and in fact, even though Peter had 3 visions from heaven.......He still refused to eat unclean foods!

I use the entire account on christians rather then letting them use it on me. Then I ask them why their religious guru never told them to read verse 28.

Quite frankly, I believe that one account destroys christianity if people truly think about it.
Offline Walt  
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 5:36:14 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

bigritchie wrote:
I turn this entire account back on them.

The entire account proves that Y'shua never mentioned one word to Peter about the food laws changing, and in fact, even though Peter had 3 visions from heaven.......He still refused to eat unclean foods!

I use the entire account on christians rather then letting them use it on me. Then I ask them why their religious guru never told them to read verse 28.

Quite frankly, I believe that one account destroys christianity if people truly think about it.

Great points bigritchie

The way I processed the dietary "laws" as I was on my way out of churchianity was: that God was very clear and concise in telling us the best don't eat guidelines - He would be clear and concise in revoking what He had earlier proclaimed.
Offline InHisName  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Even in these modern days it is still a problem... Thanks for the warning Dad!!

Alyssa Newcomb

By Alyssa Newcomb
@alyssanewcomb
Follow on Twitter
Nov 27, 2012 6:24pm
Study Finds Most Pork Contaminated With Yersinia Bacteria

A sample of raw pork products from supermarkets around the United States found that yersinia enterocolitica, a lesser-known food-borne pathogen, was present in 69 percent of the products tested, according to a study released today by Consumer Reports.

The bacteria infects more than 100,000 Americans a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but for every case that is confirmed with a laboratory test, about 120 more cases escape diagnosis. Symptoms can include fever, cramps and bloody diarrhea.

100,000 times 120 = 120,000,000 cases per year , perhaps a little exageration