logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Waynetx  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:04:42 AM(UTC)
Waynetx
Man

I am a new convert to Yada Yah. I am currently reading The Introduction To God. I have found four references to the term Amen (christian prayer ending) being a pagan name or recognition of the Egyptian sun god Amen Ra. If using this term is to praise or recognize a pagan god, how do we properly end a conversation with or prayer to Yahowah?
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:45:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
^
Welcome, Wayne.

And they begin them (prayers) to, the Lord (Ba'al.)

By adding the, 'i' in and making it read, "Amein," I've heard it said, "so be it." And I've also heard it means, "I accept." Myself, I keep my thoughts toward Him like a Dad, and usually thank Him like that also.

I'm sure others can expand on this more.
Offline cgb2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:35:35 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Greetings Waynetx. Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the term "convert", but we know what you mean.

Amen(Ra, Amun) was an egyptian god and from this article some evolution and changes over time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amun

Although "Amen" considered affirmation in christian & jewish religions, I suspect it became a corrupt/blended tradition when Yishra'el turned away to other gods. I'm sure most on this forum would see the implications in hearing a prayer ended with..."in gods name we pray amen" Ackk.

Probably an even a better question is; what is prayer, and what isn't prayer. Here is a good thread to read:
http://forum.yadayahweh....-you-or-Pray-for-me.aspx

Also From YY http://yadayahweh.com/Ya..._Salvation_Mashyach.YHWH

Pg 4: Also interesting is taphilah, the Hebrew word most often translated “prayer.”Surprisingly, it isn’t found in theTowrah. Therefore, prayer is not a requirement for participation in the Covenant. Prayer is not needed for salvation. Prayer was notonly omitted from Yah’s stone tablets, it cannot be found anywhere in His “towrah – teaching.” And that is profound. God does not ask us to pray
The second most commonly translated word for “prayer” is palal , the root of taphilah. While it isn’t found in the Towrah either, its meaning is instructive. “....And(wa)I meditated and sought intervention (palal – I prayed for intercession,requesting good judgment while asking for help) concerning (la– on behalf of and to approach) Yahowah(YHWH), my God(‘elohy). <portion Daniel 9:3>

Again welcome to the forum, glad you are here!
Offline Mike  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:27:25 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Welcome to the forum Waynetx.

Your question goes back to transliteration vs. translating. In my opinion H543 should be translated not transliterated. So after discussing this question a few years ago with some friends we decided to end prayers with “so be it”. This discussion came about because I asked if someone ends a prayer with “in God’s name I pray, Amen” is someone praying to Amen Ra instead of Yahowah? We decided the answer was yes.
So we changed to “so be it”. BTW, I don’t pray nearly as much since observing that prayer isn’t mentioned in the Torah. I always hated saying any prayers in public anyway. I have also heard “this is verifiable and true” instead of Amen.

H543
אמן
'âmên
BDB Definition:
1) verily, truly, amen, so be it
Part of Speech: adverb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from H539

H539
אמן
'âman
BDB Definition:
1) to support, confirm, be faithful
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to support, confirm, be faithful, uphold, nourish
1a1a) foster-father (substantive)
1a1b) foster-mother, nurse
1a1c) pillars, supporters of the door
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to be established, be faithful, be carried, make firm
1b1a) to be carried by a nurse
1b1b) made firm, sure, lasting
1b1c) confirmed, established, sure
1b1d) verified, confirmed
1b1e) reliable, faithful, trusty
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to stand firm, to trust, to be certain, to believe in
1c1a) stand firm
1c1b) trust, believe
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root

Shalom
Offline cgb2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:24:23 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Mike wrote:

BTW, I don’t pray nearly as much since observing that prayer isn’t mentioned in the Torah. I always hated saying any prayers in public anyway.

Seems Yahowsha hated public prayers too:
Mat 6:4 so that your kind deed shall be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret shall Himself reward you openly.
Mat 6:5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the congregations and on the corners of the streets, to be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have their reward.
Mat 6:6 “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place. And your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.
Mat 6:7 “And when praying, do not keep on babbling like the gentiles. For they think that they shall be heard for their many words.
Mat 6:8 “Therefore do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Seems he demonstated going away in private, widerness, etc so often, he had to explain it to his taught ones.
"Prayer" to me is generally asking for help and wisdom in private while I study His Word.
Offline cgb2  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:38:45 AM(UTC)
cgb2

I know this is off topic, but sometimes I wonder if by extrapolating below, that one could conclude that Yahowsha only went to the temple on the sabbath, when Mosheh was read, so he wouldn't have to endure and be disgusted with the teachings of the rabbis and their oral law on other days?

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Mat 23:1 Then יהושע spoke to the crowds and to His taught ones,
Mat 23:2 saying, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on the seat of Mosheh.
Mat 23:3 “Therefore, whatever they <Mosheh> say to you to guard, guard and do. But do not do according to their work <rabbinic oral law>, for they say, and do not do.

Act 15:21 “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”