logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yiremiyahu16.19  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:48:27 PM(UTC)
Yiremiyahu16.19
Man

To many times I find people referring to heaven as the place they will be one day. Even in ITG I find numerous times where the author writes about it as if it is this place, detached from this world.

So what/where is heaven? I read in Revelation that YHVH will come and live with man on the earth. The explanation of the occurance is somewhat controversial as the dimensions of the 'New Jerusalem' will not work on a physical earth. Even though Yochanan's explanations reveal and the Tanach reveal in numerous places that the righteous/meek/children of YHVH will inherit the earth.

The word heaven also relates to bliss which is a state of being. In the light of the above and the meaning of heaven, it it fair to say that heaven is a place on earth after the judgement?

I fail to see the connection between humans created in the physical realm, just to be taken out (those that Yisrael) and be transformed into spiritual beings to live a live in some detached heaven abode which is spiritual. What was the purpose of the physical then? It serves no purpose because everything that we ought to have leaned to yada YHVH, could as easily been learned in the spiritual.

Therefore I conclude that Heaven is not a spiritual place somewhere in another dimention of being, but that man will continue to live on earth, in the presence of YHVH, in a state of heaven(bliss).

What do you make of it?
Inherited Lies - t'was all a bunch of lies.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 3:38:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The problem with relating heaven to bliss is that while they are synonyms in English, they are not in Hebrew. The Hebrew shamayim means literally the realm and abode of God, or the realm and abode of the stars. Which is being refereed to is determined from the context.

I would say that our English understanding of equating heaven to bliss is derived from the idea of God's home and realm being a place of bliss, but heaven does not mean bliss.

Shamayim would be the realm where God abides. Since he does not abide in the physical realm most of the time, he has manifest himself physically from time to time, it is logical to assume that shamayim is a spiritual place. This is confirmed by it's first use in Ba'reshiyth where it is juxtoposed to the physical realm, Ba'reshiyth bara elohiym eth ha shamayim wa eth ha eretz - In (ba) the beginning (re'shith), God (`elohym) accordingly (`et) created (bara') the (ha) the spiritual world (samayim - the heavens, the realm of God, and the abode of stars) and (wa) also (`et) the (ha) material realm (`erets - matter, the physical and natural world).
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline JamesH  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 9:33:26 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yiremiyahu16.19 wrote:

Therefore I conclude that Heaven is not a spiritual place somewhere in another dimention of being, but that man will continue to live on earth, in the presence of YHWH, in a state of heaven(bliss).

And his Torah , Temple,  and Temple Sacrifice  in his Setapart land!