logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:22:23 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Why do some some consider Luke an eye witness account, when he tells us he got his info from others, that makes it at minimum, 2nd hand?
Why do some some consider Mark an eye witness account when it can't be verified who wrote it?
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:16:39 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Excellent questions, Walt. Why indeed? My answer would be brainwashing. We were told from day one when we were Christians that the books and letters of "The New Testament" are Scripture. Naturally, since we believed the historical writings of Luke and Mark to be the Word of God, we accepted their works as being the same as eyewitness accounts. Such belief is illogical and dead wrong, but those characteristics never stopped a good Christian.
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:21:35 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
flintface wrote:
Such belief is illogical and dead wrong, but those characteristics never stopped a good Christian.

Or a bad one!...like I-slam, a good muslim murders and just like those that lead away from Yah, murder souls.

I'd like to ask for the forums forgiveness for promoting anything of ppsimmons. I dealt with his site and am now considered the enemy, and that, I am okay with.
After just a routine check I now see he actually promotes the pagan holidays as a must to observe. So he's just another christian walking in the wilderness and
believing he's always right.

I'll be more careful from now on.
Offline KM Richards  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:18:41 AM(UTC)
KM Richards

Alrighty then...so you folks don't accept the New Covenant or Jesus Christ....is that it???
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:47:19 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

KM Richards wrote:
Alrighty then...so you folks don't accept the New Covenant or Jesus Christ....is that it???

If this is the $67,000 question, I win!!!!...yippeeee!

Just jossin, KM. Do you mean, the Renewed Covenant?...Uhm as far as I go, I find it as being the words in red, are what I read.

Reading of interpretations of raptures and revelation, keeps ones focus at the end of this NC, instead of focusing on, Torah.

Really, do read the YY book. It's very informative and you will enjoy it even if you find arguements. I think the author wants

honest debate and dialouge.
Offline KM Richards  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:01:03 AM(UTC)
KM Richards

Sorry...either God is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word...or you folks are bad wrong by rejecting portions of God's Word.

So, having said that and considering you reject the Apostle Paul and claim he is of the devil (this claim says God is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word...this is in fact a satanic accusation against God Himself!) I won't be reading anything by Yada as he is in fact a false teacher sowing discord among the brethren.

However, I do agree with his position concerning islam being bent on violence because of the mainstream teachings of islam itself...which is actually a no brainer....I knew that by the Holy Ghost without doing very much research at all because it's obvious..
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:34:20 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

So KM, Satan even after knowing Yah, would still feel like He should usurp God and take His position in Heaven, but Paul couldn't be, like the "devil?"...hmmm. So how much do you elevate Paul? So why wouldn't you read, say, Mein Kamph, or the Qu'ran? These books are evenin a way, "canonized" by their followers and yet you are sure they are wrong just bc you will not read what you THINK in sowing discord. It's only doing that to you if you give it that much respect to begin with. Only be swayed with understanding and not what you read.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:17:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
KM wrote:

It’s not as black and white as that.
First there is no New Covenant. There is a Renewal of the Covenant coming up, but there is only one covenant.
If God were to change and create a New covenant, then he would not be reliable. There can be no New Covenant, Yahowah has but one Covenant, and like Him it is unchanging.
Yah said His Covenant was for all time, so if he were to do away with it, and create a New one he would be liar and thus untrustworthy.
And if you read Jeremiah 23, the only place it is spoken of, you will see that the only difference between now and the renewal of the covenant, is that the Towrah will be written on our hearts. So nothing changes.
KM wrote:
Sorry...either God is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word...or you folks are bad wrong by rejecting portions of God's Word.

Boy is this circular reasoning at its finest.
Who canonized the bible?? Do you know? It wasn’t God, it was men. God never canonized anything. If you look at what God as Yahowsha said was Scripture, then it is the Tanakh, not anything in the “New Testament” which wasn’t written at the time of His life on Earth.
Yahowah however did give us a way to determine if something someone claims comes from Him acctully does, it’s found in Deuteronomy in the 18th chapter. That is the criteria I use to determine what is Scripture.
KM wrote:
So, having said that and considering you reject the Apostle Paul and claim he is of the devil (this claim says God is incapable of controlling what is canonized as being His written Word...this is in fact a satanic accusation against God Himself!) I won't be reading anything by Yada as he is in fact a false teacher sowing discord among the brethren.

In QP we put the Paul to the Deuteronomy 18 test, and found Him failing.
If you were to take the time to view the evidence presented there you might realize that it is in fact Paul whop was the false teacher.
If you have no interest in reading the evidence, then leave, we don’t want you around because you have no interest in understanding.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:01:27 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
James wrote:

God never canonized anything.

Hold on there James, I am not so sure about that. I think one of Yada’s favorite verses could be construed as “””CANONIZATION””” ( I feel dirty even associating that term with Him). Please consider:

Quote:
“Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) Towrah (towrah – law, instruction, and prescription for living) is complete and entirely perfect (tamym – without defect, lacking nothing, correct, sound, genuine, right, helpful, healing, beneficial, and true), returning, restoring, and transforming (suwb – turning around and bringing back) the soul (nepesh – our consciousness).
Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) testimony (‘eduwth – and witness) is trustworthy and reliable (‘aman – verifiable, confirming, supportive, and establishing), making understanding and obtaining wisdom (hakam – educating and enlightening to the point of comprehension) simple for the open-minded (pethy).” (Psalm 19:7)

Add to that the fact that we have Yahushua’s confirmation of the Torah, Prophets and Psalms (based on his documented reading and teaching from them)( He NEVER taught from the ‘New Testament’ ;-) )
AND that we have a copy of the TPP that dates exactly to Yahushua’s 1st century visit! (the relevance being that this is likely identical to the text He read from)

KMR - I would have to say that Father Yah is quite capable of providing us with an approved Scripture through which we can come to learn and understand His Way. It just isn't what you have been led to believe.

KMR wake up buddy, your church is the same as the one your Jesus railed against, it is the same brood of vipers (serpents, vipers, satan... all the same); you follow the traditions of men NOT YHWH, you worship at the times that men say NOT the times that YHWH said, you use terminology that man made, full of references to pagan gods AGAINST the command of YHWH, you have forgotten His Name.

wake up!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:06:46 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

In His Name, that Psalm is beautiful and full of light. It in a way ends just as your last words to KMR end, "wake up." Making understanding simple for the open minded!

KMR, when you have the time, look at this You Tube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlfAj1_uR9g
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:51:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
In His Name wrote:
Hold on there James, I am not so sure about that. I think one of Yada’s favorite verses could be construed as “””CANONIZATION””” ( I feel dirty even associating that term with Him). Please consider:

“Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) Towrah (towrah – law, instruction, and prescription for living) is complete and entirely perfect (tamym – without defect, lacking nothing, correct, sound, genuine, right, helpful, healing, beneficial, and true), returning, restoring, and transforming (suwb – turning around and bringing back) the soul (nepesh – our consciousness).
Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) testimony (‘eduwth – and witness) is trustworthy and reliable (‘aman – verifiable, confirming, supportive, and establishing), making understanding and obtaining wisdom (hakam – educating and enlightening to the point of comprehension) simple for the open-minded (pethy).” (Psalm 19:7)

Add to that the fact that we have Yahushua’s confirmation of the Torah, Prophets and Psalms (based on his documented

Agreed, and that's one of my favorite verses as well. Canonized just carries such a religious connotation that I didn't want to associate it with Scripture. But in the truest definition of canonized, yes, both Yahowah and Yahowsha canonized the Towrah, and the rest of the Tanakh.

I think Deuteronomy 18 is the authority on what is and isn't Scripture. Yahowah told us exactly how to tell rather something came from Him or not.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline nanosilver13  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:46:30 PM(UTC)
nanosilver13

encounterHim wrote:
So KM, Satan even after knowing Yah, would still feel like He should usurp God and take His position in Heaven, but Paul couldn't be, like the "devil?"...hmmm. So how much do you elevate Paul? So why wouldn't you read, say, Mein Kamph, or the Qu'ran? These books are evenin a way, "canonized" by their followers and yet you are sure they are wrong just bc you will not read what you THINK in sowing discord. It's only doing that to you if you give it that much respect to begin with. Only be swayed with understanding and not what you read.

++++
Offline kwai4749  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:54:03 AM(UTC)
kwai4749

Why do some some consider Mark.
Offline Richard  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:56:42 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
kwai4749 wrote:
Why do some some consider Mark.

Christians consider the account attributed to Mark to be accurate because he was reported to have traveled with Paul and to have been tutored by Kepha. Personally, I do not accept Mark's report as completely reliable because certain parts of it smack of silly religiosity and carnival-like showmanship ("They shall take up serpents!"). Moreover, since he actually did at least one "missionary journey" with the wolf of Benyamin, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Christians might accept his writings as scripture, but wise men do not.
Offline Yiremiyahu16.19  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 11:45:19 PM(UTC)
Yiremiyahu16.19
Man

Intrestingly today I was just debating the same topic when I realized something.

My accuser and defender of the NT as YHVH's word quoted the famed passage from 2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture [is] God breathed and ....."

So at first I wanted to make argument that Timmy is but a disciple of Paul and that it's not trustworthy when I tought to take another look at the scripture.

That statement is actually very true!

Let me explain:

2 Tim 3:16 in th YLT "every Writing [is] God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that [is] in righteousness"
The coupling word [is] caught my eye. what if I leave out the 'is'. then it just says "every writing God-breathed..." for a moment I thought this is where I am going to get him, stating that "All scripture God breathed is....". This changes the meaning to all scripture [that] God breathed is good and not all scripture [is] God breathed and is good...

But the previous verse said it all.

verse 15: "and because from a babe the Holy Writings thou hast known, which are able to make thee wise -- to salvation...."

Here Paul expressely indicate that all the holy writings were known by Tim since he was a babe. that immediately rules out all of Pauls writings as it were possibly not even written by then, let alone put into a book as holy writ.

So, here we have it from the deceiver's mouth. The Holy Writings 9which is the Tanach) that are God breathed, is good for.....

thank you Sha'ul
Inherited Lies - t'was all a bunch of lies.