logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vic108  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:25:50 PM(UTC)
vic108
Man

To me, some of the most interesting words in "the new testament".

Trying to describe the "Indescribable". But how close does the translation come to the original?
Seems most of the translations use "It", but what does the original texts say?

House of Yahweh, 1987

"In the beginning was the plan of Yahweh, and the plan was with Yahweh, and the plan was Yahweh's. The same plan was in the beginning with Yahweh. All things were done according to it, and without it nothing was done, that was done. In this plan was life, and that life was the light to mankind. Now that light shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not take hold of it" (Yisrayl Hawkins, The Book of Yahweh: The Holy Scriptures, Abilene: House of Yahweh, 1987).

Andy Gaus 1999

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was toward God, and God was what the Word was. It was with God in the beginning. All things happened through it, and not one thing that has happened, happened without it. Within it there was Life, and the Life was the light of the world. And in the darkness the light is shining, and the darkness never got hold of it" (Andy Gaus, The Unvarnished New Testament, Grand Rapids: Phanes Press, 1991).

Alexander Campbell (Virginia) 1826

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. This was in the beginning with God. All things were made by it, and without it not a single creature was made. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shone in darkness; but the darkness admitted it not" (Alexander Campbell, The Sacred Writings of the Apostles and Evangelists of Jesus Christ, Commonly Styled the New Testament, Translated from the Original Greek, Buffaloe, Brooke County, VA: Alexander Campbell, 1826).
"May your wisdom equal your zeal and your courage atone for your ignorance."
Offline elmh64  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:07:10 AM(UTC)
elmh64

Indeed, it is a wonder in the various translations we are given down the ages.

In the search of learning the truth from YHWH, I have become a transformed vessel within and wait on His Ruach to reveal in me what is next. Reading it and hearing it comes to Light when one has His Promise in the heart!!

Blessings in His name
Erin
Offline elmh64  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:12:28 AM(UTC)
elmh64

A free edition, The besorah

http://www.thebesorah.com/
Shalom!

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, city of Yah!

Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:30:14 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
They used to charge $500 USD for this wonderful "truth". Why? Oh, wait, I forgot. Gawd is all about getting rich from sharing His Word. What a load of bullshit. I protest this post with everything I have.