logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pilgrimhere  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:30:27 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The following were randomly selected and placed in order of occurrence. After reading the excerpts over several times, I noticed there is almost a dialogue represented that impressed me.

Gen 4:26 – Then men began to call on Yahowah’s name
Gen 9:26 – Blessed be Yahowah, the God of Shem

Gen 28:13 – I am Yahowah
Ex 3:15 – This is My name forever
Ex 9:16 – that My name may be declared throughout the earth

Ps 8:9 – Yahowah, our lord, how majestic is Your name in all of the earth
Ps 9:10 – Those who know Your name will put their trust in You

Ps 91:14 – I will set him on high because he has known My name
Is 42:8 – I am Yahowah. That is My name
Is 43:6 – everyone who is called by My name
Is 45:3 – I am Yahowah, and there is no one else
Is 52:5 – and My name continually all the day is blasphemed

Is 63:16 – from everlasting is Your name
Jer 10:6 – Your name is great in might
Jer 10:25 – Pour out Your wrath on the families that don’t call on Your name
Jer 33:2 – Yahowah is His name
Zeph 3:9 – that they may call on the name of Yahowah

Mal 2:2 – if you will not give glory to My name …

Edited by user Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:38:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added spaces to highlight dialogue

Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:58:28 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I really like that compilation, Pilgrim. Thank you for sharing it.
Offline pilgrimhere  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:37:56 AM(UTC)
pilgrimhere
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just thought I'd share the rest of it.

Add It Up

What if we were never taught to ‘carry the 1’ in math class? Then 567+493 would = 950 instead of 1060.
If everyone calculated #’s with this flaw such that nobody (or very few) could even recognize that
something is not adding up right, what difference would it make? How about if only the scholars had
figured out the error leaving the math teachers in the dark for fear of lost revenue over the mistrust and
debate that would ensue within the student population? Such a scenario is of course preposterous.

Consider this:

Christians are taught that God introduced Himself as YHWH to Moses for the first time in Egypt and
acknowledged that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not know Him by name (Ex. 6:2‐3). We have also been
led to believe that the name, YHWH is “too holy” to be spoken or is otherwise insignificant to consider.
“The Lord” is good enough. YHWH “cannot be pronounced correctly” anyway so why should we bother
with it?

The simplest review of scripture will reveal that there are some things that God absolutely loves, some
that He absolutely hates, and some that are especially important to Him. I invite you to reexamine some
things you may have thought you knew to be true … and are not. If you approach this matter with
honesty and aggressive inquiry, paying close attention to what is actually being revealed in the
scriptures, you will discover that rather than knowing YHWH, you merely know some things about God.
And if you are willing and capable of shifting your paradigm to reflect what you will discover, you will
experience the freedom necessary to answer the plea, “Come out of her, My people.”
And learning to identify YHWH instead of “the Lord” is only the beginning.

Something is not adding up right

Let’s begin with Prov. 30:4‐6 – The question is thus presented, “What is his name, and what is his son’s
name, if you know?” Agur then states that every word of God is flawless and that additions will be
revealed for what they are … lies. Had there not been some suspicious adding to His flawless words,
there would neither be uncertainty regarding God’s name nor would the Son have needed to reveal
YHWH to his disciples (addressed below).

So, what happened?

Jeremiah exposes the perpetrators, “I have heard what the prophets have said, who prophesy lies in my
name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets who
prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart? Who think to cause my people to
forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot my
name for Baal.” 23:25‐27 (World English Bible, available in You‐version or online free)

First of all, it is apparent that influential men in Israel were engaged in erasing the name, YHWH from
the memory of Israel. Their fathers had replaced it with … Baal. But we are taught that they don’t speak
it because of reverence. Look now at Baal defined in a Hebrew lexicon.
Here’s a link to one of many lexicons: http://www.biblestudytoo...s/hebrew/nas/baal-3.html

The name, YHWH has been deliberately replaced in most every English translation by “The Lord” even
when it makes no sense to do so in context where the word for “lord” is used in association with YHWH.
But don’t stop there.

Next, look at Ex. 6 again. Is this an introduction? Is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just now
revealing his name to Moses? What exactly is the context? The dialog is not an introduction of any
sort; it is a chastisement. YHWH is responding to Moses’ complaint of evil being perpetrated and his
accusation that YHWH has not held up His end of the bargain. The chastisement is similar to Job’s
wherein he is asked questions. Here, Moses is asked, “… and by My name, YHWH, was I not known to
them?” Look at the footnote for Ex. 6:3 in the NIV. The translation teams know this. YHWH is replaced
with ‘Lord’ (Baal) regardless. Why do you think this concealment of YHWH continues today?

Is this any big deal?

I guess that would depend on whether knowledge of YHWH’s name is important to Him or not. At the
end of His ministry, the Son prayed to the Father in the company of His disciples, recorded in John 17.
Why would He have needed to reveal and teach Jewish men the name of YHWH? Anyone paying
attention must conclude that the knowledge of YHWH’s name is indeed essential and that efforts to
conceal it have been egregiously successful. That knowledge is available to any who would seek it.

One of many occasions where the question of importance is answered appears in Ez 36:23, “And I shall
set apart My great name, which has been profaned among the gentiles, which you have profaned in
their midst. And the gentiles shall know that I am Yahowah”, declares the Master, Yahowah, “when I am
set‐apart in you before their eyes.” Clearly, the matter is not insignificant.

Consider now all the ways you make references to God’s name in songs and various religious phrases.
And yet it remains unknown and unspoken, replaced from antiquity with “Lord” and the Son’s with
“Jesus”, a meaningless substitute concocted in the 17th century. Peruse these and many others to gain
some understanding of the importance of knowing YHWH:

Gen 4:26 – Then men began to call on Yahowah’s name
Gen 9:26 – Blessed be Yahowah, the God of Shem
Gen 28:13 – I am Yahowah
Ex 3:15 – This is My name forever
Ex 9:16 – that My name may be declared throughout the earth
Ps 8:9 – Yahowah, our lord, how majestic is Your name in all of the earth
Ps 9:10 – Those who know Your name will put their trust in You
Ps 91:14 – I will set him on high because he has known My name
Is 42:8 – I am Yahowah. That is My name
Is 43:6 – everyone who is called by My name
Is 45:3 – I am Yahowah, and there is no one else
Is 52:5 – and My name continually all the day is blasphemed
Is 63:16 – from everlasting is Your name
Jer 10:6 – Your name is great in might
Jer 10:25 – Pour out Your wrath on the families that don’t call on Your name
Jer 33:2 – Yahowah is His name
Zeph 3:9 – that they may call on the name of Yahowah
Mal 2:2 – if you will not give glory to My name …

… and on and on. If you are seeing ‘Lord’ in place of Yahowah throughout the scriptures, understand
that is a copy edit of God’s Word to obscure the way to know Yahowah’s name. Read the translation
methods for rendering YHWH in all of your bibles. Discovering this one is only the beginning.

Something is not adding up right!

While I admit that some insight can be gained from resources in movements such as Sacred Name and Hebrew Roots among others, I do not
subscribe to any and do not recommend affiliation with any. My only desire is to discover those things that are loved, hated and esteemed by
YHWH and then to reflect the same. And I hope you will share this desire.
Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:05:54 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Listening to todays show. I don't know Larry, but I like him. He makes great sense and was enjoyable hearing. The truth is all it is..evidence.

Below, I think when you read a small part, even the correction of Fathers Name had to be made when he replied back. This is their idea!
This is how they continue the lie, with more heaped upon more.

Notice the correct Name was placed behind the name jehovah, and he still had the audacity to think he knows better.

God's name Jehovah/Yahowah appears in the original hebrew
text about 7000 times, but the NIV fails to mention it even once.
When asked about this, Edwin H. Palmer, Th.D.,
Executive Secretary for the NIV's committee wrote :

"Here is why we did not : You are right - that Jehovah is
a distinctive name for God and ideally we should have
used it. But we put 2 1/4 million dollars into this
translation and a sure way of throwing that
down the drain is to translate, for example,
Psalm 23 as, 'Yahweh (Jehovah) is my shepherd.'
Immediately, we would have translated for nothing.
Nobody would have used it (or purchased it).
Oh, maybe you and a handful [of] others.
But a Christian has to be also wise and practical.
We are the victims of 350 years of the King James tradition.
It is far better to get two million to read it-
that is how many have bought it to date-
and to follow the King James, than to have two thousand
buy it and have the correct translation of Yahweh(Jehovah)
. . . It was a hard decision, and many of our translators
agree with you."
- The Reason NIV removed Jehovah's Name
Edwin H. Palmer, Th.D.,
Executive Secretary for the NIV's committee

Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:28:18 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
Quoting Edwin Palmer:
"... You are right - that Jehovah is a distinctive name for God and ideally we should have used it. But we put 2 1/4 million dollars into this translation and a sure way of throwing that down the drain is to translate, for example, Psalm 23 as, 'Yahweh (Jehovah) is my shepherd.' Immediately, we would have translated for nothing. Nobody would have used it (or purchased it). Oh, maybe you and a handful [of] others. But a Christian has to be also wise and practical. We are the victims of 350 years of the King James tradition. It is far better to get two million to read it-that is how many have bought it to date-and to follow the King James, than to have two thousand
buy it and have the correct translation of Yahweh(Jehovah)... It was a hard decision, and many of our translators agree with you."
- The Reason NIV removed Jehovah's Name
Edwin H. Palmer, Th.D.,
Executive Secretary for the NIV's committee

So it is wise and practical to continue lying. Right. Gotcha. Thank you, Dr. Palmer.

No wonder xtians are heading towards annihilation!

You know, I am actually glad that, according to Yahowah's Word, arrogant bastards like Palmer are heading for Yah's prison.