logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Devildog  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:33:47 AM(UTC)
Devildog

In Book III : Going Astray, in the Thanatos chapter, we find;

Quote:
During the Millennium the earth will become like the Garden of Eden. So the people living therein will need to be given the opportunity to choose whether they want to spend eternity with God or be separated from Him - just as Adam and Chavvah were given a choice. And providing a viable, albeit undesirable, option will be none other than the serpent.

Quote:
....They have become immortal and will suffer for all eternity. All others will be destroyed and cease to exist.

Satan, of course, knew this which is why he was actually telling the truth when he beguiled Chavvah in the Garden:

Quote:
By accommodating Satan in this way and working with him to beguile her husband, Chavvah became immortal, knowing the full meaning of "disagreeable, malignant, unpleasant, displeasing, wicked and injurious." She became Satan's stooge. If a person works with Satan and serves his interests at the expense of other souls, they endure his fate. Death is no longer an option. Torment becomes eternal.

Then we find this in the same chapter;

Quote:
Yahuweh is telling us that the souls of all who die (nekros) without the being born anew in Yahweh's Spirit from above go to Sheol/Hades. There they suffer the anguish of knowing that they will be eternally separated from Yahuweh. The length of time these disenfranchised and disembodied souls remain in Sheol/Hades depends upon when they died since judgment doesn't commence until the end of the Millennium. The longest sentence will be Cain's at 7,000 years while the shortest stay will be the False Prophet's at ten centuries.

It sounded to me as if Yada was saying that Chavvah would endure the fate of the adversary for aligning w/ him and leading others astray, but then said that the longest sentence is Cains, rather than Chavvah's. What am I missing? Thanks
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:11:56 AM(UTC)
kp

I don't know what Yada meant to say, but it's my take that Eve/Chavvah was duped---deceived---but she didn't really align herself with the serpent. Satan mixed a fair amount of half-truth in with his lie, and Chavvah wasn't wary enough (never having been lied to before) to spot the subterfuge. Although the consequences were distrastrous, she was no more guilty than some poor Catholic lady who's been taught all her life to pray to Mary. In the context of her experience, it sounds reasonable enough, even though it's dead wrong.

Eve didn't succeed in permanently separating Adam (and herself) from Yahweh, however: they were both eventually forgiven. The evidence of that forgiveness was their acceptance of the animal-skin garments that Yahweh made for them---a blood sacrifice was required, innocent life having been sacrificed to cover, or atone for, their guilt. Here she was again presented with a choice: accept the new garment Yahweh had provided, or keep the cute little fig-leaf number she'd whipped up. Apparently, she chose wisely. Though her neshama had been emptied of Yahweh's Spirit when she ate the forbidden fruit (bringing to pass the prophecy that "in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die"), the Spirit returned upon her reconciliation with Yahweh, or at least that's what the record suggests. It isn't actually spelled out. Cain, on the other hand, apparently never sought fellowship with Yahweh. One gets the feeling that had he been faced with the fig-leaf test, he would have gone to his grave wearing green.

kp
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 5:46:19 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I too am attempting to sort out Yada's Genesis account of Adam's fall and family and look forward to the remaining YY book I chapters to fill in the gaps. I agree with KP about Adam's wife being duped rather than malicious, however their actions still had consequences.

I've given the topic of the fall some thought and suspect that Adam and his wife while not programmed or predestined to fall were permitted a valid test of choice Yah permitted knowing they what choice they would make. I think of the garden as a playground they were placed in and while protected and free to do as they pleased while inside, they had but one means of breaking their fellowship. Essentially the garden had a single exit. These two had a few differences from ourselves. They began their existence in fellowship with and walking with Yah. We began not in fellowship with Yah, but with a capacity to seek and choose to enter into fellowship with Yah. While they could walk and enjoy fellowship with Yah, they had only one means of breaking that fellowship and after that be in a position to appreciate the value of the intimate relationship they had always enjoyed before.

In addition to what KP mentioned on accepting the animal skin garments, I note that their kids offered sacrfices to Yahuweh. I suspect that their parents now being outside the playground appreciated what they lost and sought restored fellowship and expressed themselves on this point to their kids. While others may assume Adam's fall resulted in a shared fate with the advesary, my conclusion is that his repentance would result in restored eternal fellowship even if he had to endure the eventual separation of body and soul.

Edited by user Friday, July 27, 2007 7:19:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:09:15 AM(UTC)
kp

Well put, Theo. It occurred to me as I read your post that while Able's sacrifice was performed out of the same heartfelt desire to reestablish fellowship with Yahweh that his parents had shown, Cain was merely going through the motions, because "that's the way we've always done it." It's the first recorded contrast between relationship and religion, between trust and tradition.

Either that, or Yahweh just doesn't like vegetables. :-)

kp
Offline Theophilus  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:33:38 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

kp wrote:
Well put, Theo. It occurred to me as I read your post that while Able's sacrifice was performed out of the same heartfelt desire to reestablish fellowship with Yahweh that his parents had shown, Cain was merely going through the motions, because "that's the way we've always done it." It's the first recorded contrast between relationship and religion, between trust and tradition.

Either that, or Yahweh just doesn't like vegetables. :-)

kp

I confess that I've found it difficult to fully comprehend the offerings by these brothers and the different reactions each received and had, but think you nailed it. Yahuweh later (in Hosea?) talks about the worthelessness of sacrafices (presumadely even non-veggie ones) when a persons heart is far from Him.

It seemed odd to me that each brother gave of their inclinations and gifting (flocks or fields) but that the reaction produced should be so extreme. I had initially though Abel's offering was accepted because it better pictured the shedding of blood needed to cover over sin (pointing to Yahushua at calvary). A non-believer commenting on Cain's murderous reaction asked something like this:
Quote:
"wouldn't you expect the scripture to say 'then Cain smakethed his brother Abel declaring unto him, 'I detesteth thee for thy brownth nose' then noggied his brother without ceasing"

Humor aside, I see his point of Cain's extreme over reaction, however we know that Yahuweh had warned Cain to master sin. Also that Yahushua talked of speaking harshly to one's brother as being the spiritual equivelent of murdering him in one's heart.

Pondering
Offline Jeannie  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 10:42:39 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

I really like all of what you all are saying and I think it's all correct. I also see this as Yahweh means what he says so pay attention. And this brings me around to why are we not listening to and believing everything He says because He indeed means what He says!! I think we are giving to much lip service and not enough belief service. It scares me to the bone when I hear people just gloss over the Scriptures like it's some kind of sunday paper movie review. Now when you really believe it's called "you have a passon" for Yahweh and are this side of crazy!!! Most church people reading this would think we are all nuts!!!
Offline Jeff  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 6:43:07 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Well said Jeanie. If we are truely passionate about Yahuweh then we are not just this side of nuts we are really over the edge and excited about it. Let's face it when this soaks in and you believe it there is no turning back.

As far as Chavvah goes, and this is my own opinion, if there is no redemption for Adam and Chavvah then there is no redemption for any of us. When they separated themselves from Yahuweh by eating the fruit, He came looking for them as He always did when he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day. When their sin became public he sacrificed and shed blood for them and they accepted the sacrifice and the covering (blood). Redemption - He paid the price to buy them back from the adversary. Millenia later he did the same thing for us, only the lamb that was sacrificed was Yahushua who was hung on an upright pole. The blood that covers us is the same as the blood that covers them, and yes I did say covers because it is all his blood and it still covers us all today.

When we try to use our intellectual brain to figure Yahuweh and what he is doing out we are really missing the mark. He said himself that his things are spiritually discerned and that the Set Apart and Cleansing Spirit will lead and guide us into ALL the truth. When we try to figure him out rather than taking him at his word I think we have crossed the line from being nuts for him to being absolutely insane for not believing what he said. He is not a man that he should lie.

Looking forward to some feedback.
Offline Jeannie  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:23:51 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Jeff, I totally agree and I love it that He came looking for them!! One of the things that struck me with such force when I read YY and TOM was His patience of wooing and drawing us to Truth. I'm running around like a idoit looking for it and you turn around one day and He says HERE I AM!!! duh!!! Some times I think people think that there was two different salvations, the OC kind and the NC kind but it's not true. You said it "The blood that covers us is the same as the blood that covers them, and yes I did say covers because it is all His blood and it still covers us all today." YES!!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:41:22 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have to agree too Jeff, you hit the nail on the head as to say there :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Jeff  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:51:42 PM(UTC)
Jeff

When you think about it He always goes looking for those who are important to him.

Quoting YY Book 1 Genesis Chapter 8 Beriyth - Relationship

"Yahuweh's relationship with Abram began with these words: "Indeed Yahuweh spoke with Abram ' walk out of your world and away from your relatives and away from your father's house, thGod's world which by relationship I will show you and provide....Yahuweh introduced Hinself by name. That is significant because it is what one does when they are interested in forming a personal relationship. Abram was on a first name basis with Yahuweh, as should we."

Yahuweh is looking for someone to say yes to what he asks. He looked for a man who lived in the desert and would say yes to building a boat. He looked each one of us up so he could tell us what he wants us to do. Don't intellectualize it just say YES to Him.
Offline Tiffany  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:27:31 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I love it! All of these wonderful ideas in one string its great!!!

As for me, this is what I have to say....Yes Yehuweh!

I do however have a question about Adam and Chavvah, when I was attending a church a few years ago someone said that both of them had book they had written and I was wondering if there was any validity to this statement. As the person who stated that said she had read them and could sense the depression in their voices as they now knew their choice had taken away from them the very life they had always wanted.

It’s obviously not in the OC, but just curious if anyone else has ever seen it??

Thanks!

Offline Jeannie  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:52:00 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Tiffany, I'm not sure what your question is.
Offline Theophilus  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:00:22 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Jeannie wrote:
Tiffany, I'm not sure what your question is.

I'm guessing Tiffany is asking if anyone has heard any support for the claim that a book details the Adam's sorrow or depressed state in his life and presumadely his wife as well?

I can speculate that these two would have a unique perspective on life, having enjoyed a sinless close existence with Yahuweh in the garden, and later heving experienced the fall and their fallen state would not be surprised if they were depressed or longing for a return.

As for documentation, I recall in POD the Islamic claim that Adam was a prophet and recieved "books'. I don't doubt that Adam related to his kids what he had experienced and taught his kids to seek and revere Yahuweh. I suppose that would make him a prophet. I don't know that Adam wrote books or was literate for that matter?

While not regarded as Scripture, the ancient book of Enoch may have some mention of this notion and may be what this person is thinking of.

Edited by user Sunday, July 29, 2007 4:42:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jeannie  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 2:42:08 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Well that is one I never heard of before.
Offline Jeff  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:11:15 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Well it's not a book that I have heard of but I think that any one of us who have sinned since we met Yahuweh, turning away from Him, could write that book from our own experience of how it feels to be alone in the world without a relationship with our creator,Yahuweh.

I am pretty sure that anyone that has been in that position could easily explain what it felt like when you realized that Yahuweh was no longer talking to you like He was, how it saddened you and then depressed you and then drove you to think back and figure out what it was that broke the connection so that you could go to Him and repent and ask His forgiveness for breaking freindship with Him. He then does His part and forgives so the friendship can resume. That is the essence of beriyth-covenant.
Offline Jeannie  
#16 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 8:35:40 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Jeff, that makes sense, we could all write a book!! Being Adam and Chavvah I don't think I would want my book published!! probably couldn't read it for the tears!!!
Offline Theophilus  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 8:41:29 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Jeannie wrote:
Jeff, that makes sense, we could all write a book!! Being Adam and Chavvah I don't think I would want my book published!! probably couldn't read it for the tears!!!

I share your sentiments Jeannie. While I'm looking forward to seeing how YY covers this topic in the upcoming YY chapters, but I've truly enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts here. :<)
Offline Jeannie  
#18 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 10:58:15 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Me too Theo, as I really have not actually thought about. Like I said, have not even heard about it or if I did it didn't register. I'll have to ask around on this.
Offline kp  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 3:39:03 PM(UTC)
kp

The Book of Enoch doesn't quote Adam or Chavvah (Eve) in this regard. It's a fascinating read, though some passages smell fishy (in a rabbinical sort of way). But Jude quotes from it, so it's worth a glance. Start here: http://www.heaven.net.nz/writings/enoch.htm

kp
Offline Jeannie  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 4:30:17 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Thanks kp, I copied and pasted to Word and will print it out. Don't think I have ever read this.
Offline James  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 9:14:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I find it interesting that after the incident with the serpent; Yahweh came looking for Adam and Chavva, since an all knowing God would know where they were. But as always, when we fall, it is up to us to return to Yahweh, who is looking for us, he can not come to us unless we let him.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand