logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline d-obadyah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:26:06 PM(UTC)
d-obadyah

Hey all,

This is the first time I post here so just introducing myself before I start, my names Daniel, born in Australia, my parents are from Syria; I was born Catholic but came to know YHWH several years ago. So the only advantage I have in studying scripture is that I know arabic, and using that it helps me to get a grasp on Hebrew words as they don't always match up completely, but it does give a hint to the amplified meaning...

Here goes, the hebrew or arabic, keber, meaning the grave, variations are t'kbr (to bury) and m'kbr (buried), it seems plain enough until you realise it has the same root as the word 'ebran'h' meaning a Hebrew person. Now we know that the word Hebrew means 'one who crosses over', Abraham was called a Hebrew, he left his father and his family and followed YHWH to the promised land; so looking at that definition the word keber takes on a whole new meaning, it is the 'crossing over'. And just as Abraham was a Hebrew as he left Ur for Yeretz Israel, and the Israelites crossed over from slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land, so we upon death as Hebrews in the promise 'cross over' from death into life!

I had this up on facebook for a day, not much interest, what do you think?
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:53:11 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Dan,

Welcome! Ithink you have sound reasoning. We must remember though, as they were approaching the 'promise' land, every male that wanted to cross over had to perform an act of wanting to belong, and we all know what it was, and still is required of any that want to be joined to Yahs family today. It's a must in my opinion. We do bury our past I believe and step into Gods promise and in so doing, we observe His offer of salvation by participating as best we can, and in that we become a better witness. Just turning our thoughts can bring forth positive new beginnings that will turn fruitful for you and those that will listen. I am a witness to it! Instead of saying, “I will have a beautiful, relaxing, peaceful home,” say “I have a beautiful, relaxing, peaceful home.” Can you feel the difference when you say each one? Allowing your energy to be in the present tense brings the energy into being in the present tense, where you want your creations to occur.

I hope you have read some of the book titled: "An Introduction to God"?..Myself, I am a slow learner and on my 3rd read through just b/c the author continues to add more to it, and I always have to refresh my understanding. My wife and I started reading it again b/c on the BlessYahowah.com site where I get it from, there is a newer more complete revision the author has given to those that ask. I think he's nailed it down this time and it flows for people like me. In other words, the more simple it is to read, the better. Even my wife was telling me, "darn Fred, even you sound smart." She's like that though..lol

Don't get caught up in his words though. Always do you own research and learn even more. Yesterday I had a fella that knows YHWHs Name, come by for some work. As he was signing off on his invoice with my son, he hollered at me, "hey man, what you been doing?" Right then it hit me, I remember this guy. We spoke a good while ago about Yah, and he did do as I asked, by looking into the Name. Well I responded to his question with, "well, I'd much rather be studying."...When he asked what I was reading and I told him, he then told me he would run it by a teacher from Dallas and let him check it out before he would look into it. We walked to my gate and as he was leaving I reminded him, you be your judge and don't let any man tell you what you can and can not do.
Offline d-obadyah  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:24:47 PM(UTC)
d-obadyah

Hey Fred,

Thank you for replying and sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, I have to admit I havn't read that book, although I have read large chunks of Yada Yahweh over the years and hopefully will have a look at 'An introduction to God' soon, if I can find time outside of university and work (let's make that, 'I will make time and read it because I will have to get my priorities straight, and study of Scripture beats engineering any day').

I definitely believe that 'crossing over' involves a willful choice on part of the person, and not necessarily that it is an automatic thing upon death or anything of the sort, simply that death (physically, not spiritually) is part and parcel of life and not necessarily a bad thing, it is essential in following YHWH.

As for the last paragraph, all I can say is at least you know some people who know His name, I am surrounded by Catholics, Orthodox and 'Christians' who refuse to even consider it, let alone discuss it with me. You are completelely right, in fact the more people that tell you what you can do would usually be an indication of wrong rather than right, I can promise you I wouldn't let anyone tell me what to believe, I'd do my research and see how it meshes with my belief before accepting or even considering it, in fact my favourite verse in the bible is Jeremiah 1: 17-19, as I've had to often argue with parents, priests and friends about this and always come out justified in my belief in Yah and not in baal; as in Future history, the truth is never a numbers game.

In fact I see most of mainstream Christianity as a cesspool of basically idiocy, they may be good people, but their lack of understanding is killing them: my favourite example of this, a facebook group called '7000 Christians who have not bowed their knee to baal', considering their total ignorance of Yahuweh and focus on Lord, God etc, the irony almost killed me.

Regards,
Danny

Offline tagim  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:05:45 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

oh, come on, must we even suffer someone pushing microsoft! give me my bucket, quick! make this a missing person, please, James.