logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:55:39 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Is anyone familiar with this?
http://www.halleluyahscriptures.com/
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 2:27:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Walt wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this?
http://www.halleluyahscriptures.com/

I've never heard of it before. If all they did is add the proper names in then it is a step in the right direction, having not read it, I can't comment on the quality of the translation.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline RidesWithYah  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 11:52:37 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I have one, and it's the version I'm using for daily reading and Sabbath school now. It's more than a "find and replace" edit. Yahweh and Yahshua are written in paleo-Hebrew so they jump out as special. They also keep some original words (talmidim, shamayim, barak); but it's very readable. Another thing I like is the "correct" names facing the "common" book names on alternating pages (Mattithyahu / Matthew). Not perfect, but definitely a ministry worth supporting. If you have a favorite "test" passage, I'll be happy to post it for a compare. Here's a sample:

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Nebi'im. I did not come to destroy but to complete. For truly, I say to you, till the shamayim and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done. Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these Commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the shamayim; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the shamayim." Mt 5:17-19

foreshadowed nicely by this:

"As Yahweh had commanded Mosheh his servant, so Mosheh commanded Yahoshua, and so Yahoshua did. He did not turn aside a word of all that Yahweh had commanded Mosheh." Joshua 11:15

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Master, Master,' shall enter into the reign of the shamayim, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the shamayim. Many shall say to Me in that day, 'Master, Master, have we not nabu in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?' And then I shall declare to them, 'I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!'" Matthew 7:21-23

"And Elohim spoke all these Words, saying, "I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery. You have no other mighty ones against my face. You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the shamayim above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth, you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, Yahweh your Elohim, am a jealous El, visiting the wickedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My Commands. You do not bring the Name of Yahweh your Elohim to naught, for Yahweh does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. Remember the Shabbath day, to qadosh it. Six days you labour, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is a Shabbath of Yahweh your Elohim. You do not do any work - you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days Yahweh made the shamayim and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore Yahweh barak the Shabbath day and qadosh it." Exodus 20:1-11
Offline Walt  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 2:02:54 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Thanks for the info and the examples Rides with Yah. I'm not looking for perfect, I can't afford the logos software and I'm looking for something a little more than the DSS bible and it looks like a step in the right direction. I'm going to order one.
I saw that they are going to be doing it in an audio version.
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 4:19:13 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have a real problem with those who transliterate words rather than just proper names. For example, we have a perfectly good English word for translating the Hebrew word, "El". It is "god". The same goes for the Hebrew word "Elohim", which is the plural of "El". That English word is also "God", only we capitalize it to show that we're speaking about Yahowah Himself as opposed to one of the millions of false gods.

There is no valid reason, in my mind, for dropping Hebrew words into English text. It's silly. Those who do translating ought to transliterate the Name of Yahowah and other names, and they ought to just translate the rest of the words. I wish they would stop pretending there's something "more righteous" about using the Hebrew words instead of their English counterparts.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:57:17 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Sometimes there are subtleties that aren't obvious, when the same English word is used for several different Hebrew words.
(I kind of like knowing when the original text used the singular 'El vs the plural Elohim.)

Also, there are times in some translations that the same Hebrew or Greek words are translated into different English words, so we lose some of the connections.

Until I learn Hebrew and Greek, I'm enjoying this as a nice middle ground. You may not, but just because they make both chocolate and vanilla, and you like vanilla, doesn't mean that chocolate is "silly". It's certainly an improvement over LORD!

Shalom.
Offline Richard  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:19:25 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:
... just because they make both chocolate and vanilla, and you like vanilla, doesn't mean that chocolate is "silly".

Point taken. Didn't mean to offend.
Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:25:08 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I'm with you on this RWY
I also think people are using El and Elohim and others like them are to get away from the christianized concepts / perceptions and and hold to the Scriptural meanings those words were meant to convey.
God can be sooo generic, but it's clear when using Elohim (better translated in English as Mighty One/s) - It's a more set-apart term.
Offline will brinson: ferguson  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:44:10 AM(UTC)
will brinson: ferguson

I prefer the terms Ail and Ailoheem better than the term GOD any day, but the Hebrew words for disciple, priest, spirit, etc.. to me are a bit much. With such a learning curve one would have to become fluent in Hebrew before understanding. Yes restoring the Names and the terms that have no English equivalent is fine, but it seems as if some are getting carried away on some transliterations. As for the poor transliterations already in the translations I can under stand correcting them, such as Messiah for Meshiach/Mashiach/Moshiach, etc....
Offline Lael  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 6:49:44 AM(UTC)
Lael

I happen to have several copies of HalleluYah Scriptures. As far as I know, it is the ONLY version of the restored name scriptures that does not have added commentaries and is not for sale. To me, that is more important than arguing over the terms "el" and "elohim" or other variations of this spelling. It means might one, and it is certainly better than saying "god" as scriptures clearly say not to let the names of other elohim be heard coming out of your mouth and "god" was the name of a pagan deity. Not to mention, it is associated with a religion that destroys the laws/ways of Yah.

I love the way the HalleluYah Scriptures reads, and though it may take some time to get used to the order of books and Hebrew words, the fact remains it is the ONLY FREE restored name version of scriptures available and the word should not be sold. Can anyone really see our savior, Yahushua, selling copies of the word? How about the talmidim (disciples) or as I like to say "students or followers" which is all it means, would they have sold even one copy of the word? So how is it right? If Abba Yah wants anyone to reproduce a version of scriptures and gives them a vision to do so, do you not believe He will provide a way? All who sell the scriptures, and all who add their own twists and footnotes telling others how to interpret the word, they will all receive the rewards coming to them if they don't repent for this wicked deed. That is my stance. Shalom.
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 8:08:20 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I don't have a copy of HS but understand it to be like ISR Scriptures, but YHWH & Yahowsha names in Paleo Hebrew. Also more in line to the originator's goal to make them free. Although ISR was great to get rid of "the LORD" and restore hebrew names, it's still not true to the hebrew and one must dig deep. Here's an example of something awful if not outright blasphemy:

ISR 1998 & 2007
2Sa 7:14 “I am to be his Father, and he is My son. If he does perversely, I shall reprove him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.

Versus:

“I (‘any) Myself actually am and shall continue to be (hayah – I shall always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on behalf of and with respect to Him (la la – concerning Him) a Father (‘ab – masculine singular absolute), and (wa) He (huw’), Himself actually is and shall continue to be (hayah – He will always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on My behalf (la la – for and concerning Me) a Son (ben – masculine singular absolute). Twisted distortions of the truth, which are not His responsibility, will be associated with Him (‘asher ba-‘awah – literally: relationally because with Him the perversity of twisting, bending, distorting, corrupting, and perverting the truth will be associated with, but not perpetrated by, Him (hiphil infinitive construct)), and (wa) by making this connection I will bring and finish My legal case through the act of judging Him (yakah – and I will completely accomplish what is required to be just by punishing Him thereby completely vindicating through Him (hiphil perfect)) with (ba) the bludgeoning and piercing (shebet – the club, whip, baton, rod, spear, and chastisement) of individuals (‘iysh), and with (wa ba) the blows, strikes, wounds, and physical trauma of (nega’ – the plague and pestilence, the infection and disease, the deadly pandemic, stumbling, and falling of) the sons of (beny) ‘Adam (‘adam – mankind).” (2 Shamuw’el / Samuel 7:14)
Offline cgb2  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 8:15:31 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
...er more complete passage comparison

ISR 1998 & 2007
2Sa 7:12 “When your days are filled and you rest with your fathers, I shall raise up your seed after you, who comes from your inward parts, and shall establish his reign.
2Sa 7:13 “He does build a house for My Name, and I shall establish the throne of his reign forever.
2Sa 7:14 “I am to be his Father, and he is My son. If he does perversely, I shall reprove him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.
2Sa 7:15 “But My kindness does not turn aside from him, as I turned it aside from Sha’ul, whom I removed from before you.

Versus:

Therefore, beginning with the twelfth verse, the passage, whereby Yahowah is speaking to Dowd, actually reads: “I will take a stand, establish, and raise up (quwm – I, Myself, will completely confirm, fulfill, accomplish what needs to be done, and restore (hiphil perfect)) in association with (‘eth) your seed (zera’ – your descendant (singular)) in your distant future (‘achar), by way of the relationship and as a fortuitous blessing (‘asher / ‘esher – providing favor through an association), He who shall actually come forth to serve (yasa’ – a diminished extension who shall really descend and be set apart and sent forth to deliver ongoing results (qal imperfect)) from (min) a tiny seed of your body (ma’ah – your internal organs). And (wa) I will completely establish (kuwn – I Myself will finish everything required to form, fashion, and prepare (hiphil perfect)) His realm and sovereign authority (mamlakah – kingdom, royal lineage, power, and reign).” (2 Shamuw’el / Samuel 7:12)

“He (huw’) Himself shall build (banah – establish, restore, and cause to prosper (qal imperfect)) the family and home (beyth – house and household) in association with (la – for) My personal name (shem – My proper designation and renown). And (wa) I will establish (kuwn – I will form, fashion, prepare, and firmly establish (polel perfect)) accordingly (‘eth), the throne of (kise’ – authority and reign of) His realm and sovereign authority (mamlakah – kingdom, royal lineage, power, and reign) forever (‘ad – eternally, for an unlimited and unending duration of time) making it everlasting and enduring (‘owlam – eternal and permanent).” (2 Shamuw’el / Samuel 7:13)

“I (‘any) Myself actually am and shall continue to be (hayah – I shall always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on behalf of and with respect to Him (la la – concerning Him) a Father (‘ab – masculine singular absolute), and (wa) He (huw’), Himself actually is and shall continue to be (hayah – He will always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on My behalf (la la – for and concerning Me) a Son (ben – masculine singular absolute). Twisted distortions of the truth, which are not His responsibility, will be associated with Him (‘asher ba-‘awah – literally: relationally because with Him the perversity of twisting, bending, distorting, corrupting, and perverting the truth will be associated with, but not perpetrated by, Him (hiphil infinitive construct)), and (wa) by making this connection I will bring and finish My legal case through the act of judging Him (yakah – and I will completely accomplish what is required to be just by punishing Him thereby completely vindicating through Him (hiphil perfect)) with (ba) the bludgeoning and piercing (shebet – the club, whip, baton, rod, spear, and chastisement) of individuals (‘iysh), and with (wa ba) the blows, strikes, wounds, and physical trauma of (nega’ – the plague and pestilence, the infection and disease, the deadly pandemic, stumbling, and falling of) the sons of (beny) ‘Adam (‘adam – mankind).” (2 Shamuw’el / Samuel 7:14)

“But (wa) My loyal love, unfailing devotion, and mercy, even My glory and appearance (chesed – My revelation of Myself as being inclined to favor, compassion, affection, kindness, and goodness, but also My manifestation of majesty, brilliance, and splendor) will not (lo’) be withdrawn from Him (suwr min – be removed from Him).” (2 Shamuw’el / Samuel 7:15)
Offline Lael  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 9:37:57 AM(UTC)
Lael

Kris Koster had a vision to dedicate his life to making the translation Scriptures, for free. He lost his wife and other people in his family because he worked as a doctor and dedicated his spare time and resources to studying Hebrew and producing the 1993 version of Scriptures. He never copyrighted it, and it was never to be sold. ISR took Koster's work, copyrighted it, and now sell it. Anywhere from $30 - $110 a copy.

It is impossible to copyright scriptures. Why? Because it is the inspired word of Yah, and if it isn't, then it is all a lie and it is worthless. No one has the right to copyright and/or sell the scriptures. That is my only point.
Offline Lael  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 9:40:00 AM(UTC)
Lael

HalleluYah Scriptures is very similar to the 1993 version of scriptures, except the paleo Hebrew names are where the modern hebrew names were because that is how it was done in the dead sea scrolls and how the HS team was inspired to do this. I encourage everyone to visit their site, and watch the videos. Shalom.
Offline VinceB.  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 10:55:41 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

cgb2 wrote:
I don't have a copy of HS but understand it to be like ISR Scriptures, but YHWH & Yahowsha names in Paleo Hebrew. Also more in line to the originator's goal to make them free. Although ISR was great to get rid of "the LORD" and restore hebrew names, it's still not true to the hebrew and one must dig deep. Here's an example of something awful if not outright blasphemy:

ISR 1998 & 2007

Versus:

“I (‘any) Myself actually am and shall continue to be (hayah – I shall always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on behalf of and with respect to Him (la la – concerning Him) a Father (‘ab – masculine singular absolute), and (wa) He (huw’), Himself actually is and shall continue to be (hayah – He will always and genuinely exist (qal imperfect)) on My behalf (la la – for and concerning Me) a Son (ben – masculine singular absolute)..." 'Amein to this cqb2!

He, the Son (Ben - begotten Son) always exists (hayah - I was, I am, I will always be) forever (olam) where He's always existed: His Towrah exclusively. Yahowah always existing and will forever be right where He's always been: His Towrah is where He's at and where He can be found along with His Mow'ed Miqra'ey: the means He cleans purifies clothes us with Light (Mother's Garment) taking us by the hand leading us out of this cesspool/Babylon to His home in heaven as His children (He, of course, doing all of the work Himself) - is the Good News, and is why we won't faulter when the AM arrives because we know Yah always and will forever exist in His Towrah; 'amein!

All I can think to say is: thank God, I have found Him where He is/exists!
HWHY
User is suspended until 6/6/4476 8:18:05 AM(UTC) kuro  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 5:33:38 PM(UTC)
kuro

Thanks for the info ^^"