logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:58:21 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

2 things got me thinking, encounterHim going to the beach to watch the sunrise for Reconciliations, and Yada talking about going and exploring the universe when we get rid of our fleshly bodies.
On some Shabbat's, going out and enjoying Yah's creation & works here on earth. Listening to some BTW programs on the mp3 player. Like today we went to Colorado National Monument pics and hit a jeep trail

So what do you think of doing something like this on Shabbat?
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:16:36 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Brother, those photos are so interesting! Thank you for sharing them with us, Walter.
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 4:46:36 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Often I find myself reflecting on Yahowah and His creation. I realize my Father took upon Himself to inhabit one of the places on His Earth that's almost uninhabitable if any of us were just plopped down there without previsions. Like I mentioned earlier how He made His human manifestation be born in a manger.

Yah could have claimed Yosemites, El Capitan as His place He chooses and loves, and swung His legs from that mt. as we watched His majesty, but no, He chose to let His children take pleasure in some of the most beautiful places ever, while again, He chose to inhabit a place when looked upon, has no intrinsic beauty to it. A simple looking place with no natural resources to mention. It's land must be worked to provide a living. With Sukkots just going by, the holiday proves that Sukkot was originally a harvest festival, or the Feast of the Ingathering. Think of it as a kind of Thanksgiving when farmers would celebrate the harvest of their seasonal fruits and vintage. Sukkot also celebrates the the time when farmers had completed their harvest and were just kicking back before the first rains of the season. The origins of building Sukkahs came from Yah, so the farmers would dwell with their families and eat meals in them to be close to the harvest in celebration of a job completed. Since most here I would assume do no farming any longer, I view it as just a celebration, just like the rest of the Mow'ed Miqra'ey are in some way. I think as long as our yearning to see Yah in His beauty and His majesty as our guiding Father, then let Him be your guide, where ever He leads you.
Now if I do think I can provide my salvation in any form, when Unleavened Bread swings back around and instead of me celebreting what Yah has done for me, I decide to take upon myself my own sins, get ready up there on those beautiful mountains, Walt, to hear some hollering, bc there's no way I could stay silent.
Brother, if I had a wonderful place like that to reflect every Shabat/Sabbath, I'd be there. Thank Him always, for it is He that gives, not us. So most Sabbaths, I'm dead tierd and need rest, but on those that I feel rested already, I find resting in His created beauty, some of my best rest ever. I love His creation. Too bad we yet have learned how we should manage it properly. And that's exactly the reason for His return, to regain control of His all, before we destroy and make it where no one could live. Enjoy brother in my opinion, it's there for you, from Him.
And for those brothers and sisters that must work on this day, you are always right there with me in thought. When I look at those 10 instructions, and see the word, "remember" only once, it means so much.
The pictures are beautiful and wished I could have been with you laughing it up. Our daughter was down here and we had a wonderful day just walking and talking all day. She lives in what I call, baptist country, and is coming out of it. I printed ITG off Richards site and made it into a book. She's wants to read it. She loves lounging in the sun so she can do some reading then. She at least views it as a process of getting removed from mans ways, and she's right.

Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 3:07:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
That sounds like a great way to spend the Sabbath to me Walt. The Sabbath is to spend time resting, reflecting on Yah's Word, observing His creation like that is therefore a in my opinion a great way to spend it. I spend my Sabbaths doing everything from translating, to discussing with my wife, to siting on the porch in thought, to taking a walk back to the creek and skipping rocks, I've went fro drives, I've went for walks, and while a lot of people might get upset at me i have went out to a nice restaurant with my wife and had wonderful conversations about Yah.

If i had someplace as beautiful as that to go and reflect on Yah, I would be there in a heart beat.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline tagim  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 4:09:05 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Walt, thank you for the pictures. They are beautiful beyond words. And what a wonderful reward you must have felt being there after all you have been through. I am hoping your recovery is 100 percent and complete. Are you off the meds now without restriction of duties at work? It is so good to know your dedication for your life has brought you back to your "old self."
Offline Walt  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 3:16:10 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Colorado National Monument is only an hour from my house.
If any of you want to stop by for a vacation and see the sights, I have a spare bedroom available.

Tagim, not quite %100 percent healed yet, still have the wound healing (getting close) and taking rat poison for the blood clot that I get retested for in Jan. Learning patience through all this. I'm doing fine at work and able to go hiking without much difficulty so I'm upbeat.
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:55:22 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Walt wrote:
Colorado National Monument is only an hour from my house.
If any of you want to stop by for a vacation and see the sights, I have a spare bedroom available.

Tagim, not quite %100 percent healed yet, still have the wound healing (getting close) and taking rat poison for the blood clot that I get retested for in Jan. Learning patience through all this. I'm doing fine at work and able to go hiking without much difficulty so I'm upbeat.

I'd better have a tank and oxygen mask if I made a trip there, Walt...lol. Coming from sea level to thousands of ft elevation might be harmful to me at least. My wife and I have talked about taking a trip that would actually mean going farther than 2 days away. We haven't taken a real one, so to speak, in 25yrs. We're sort of like a, "mom and pop" store, the world just stops if we leave. But we are do, gosh doggit. I keep threatening, Richard we are coming to see him and his wife and he extends the welcome mat, but I wouldn't know how to cross his moat. Really though, if we get the chance to make it that direction ever, I'll hit you up.

Good hearing your health has improved.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:30:34 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
I'd better have a tank and oxygen mask if I made a trip there, Walt...lol. Coming from sea level to thousands of ft elevation might be harmful to me at least. My wife and I have talked about taking a trip that would actually mean going farther than 2 days away. We haven't taken a real one, so to speak, in 25yrs. We're sort of like a, "mom and pop" store, the world just stops if we leave. But we are do, gosh doggit. I keep threatening, Richard we are coming to see him and his wife and he extends the welcome mat, but I wouldn't know how to cross his moat. Really though, if we get the chance to make it that direction ever, I'll hit you up.

Good hearing your health has improved.

Well if you pass through the Dallas area on that trip shoot me an email and my wife and I will have you over for dinner, lunch, breakfast, mid-night snack whatever time it is. :)
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline lassie1865  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:45:38 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Walt,

Did you receive the Eastern Red Cedar?
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

James wrote:
Well if you pass through the Dallas area on that trip shoot me an email and my wife and I will have you over for dinner, lunch, breakfast, mid-night snack whatever time it is. :)

Watch out, James. You being just a good stones throw away, wouldn't require down time. Like I tell the wife, "we have plenty of retirement coming our, Way"...lol.
Offline FredSnell  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:04:40 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

We have really enjoyed today. What a blessing our Father is to those that yearn to know Him. We laughed a lot today from reading ITG. Laughing at ourselves and how much we have found peace in the words of, His Word, and then taking in a couple of missed shows was a real treat. Someone deffinately gets a hug and handshake one day when we are doing a, star walk. Thank you Father for waiting and giving us this day to be with you again. We truly love you precepts, direction and plan.
Offline Richard  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 12:37:14 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What an uplifting post, eH! Thank you for sharing the joy of your day, bro.
Offline FredSnell  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:46:39 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

It's a delight to share, brother. As you and I have spoken over the phone so many times that I feel like you are my brother in earnest understanding of just what that will mean in our future. I love you, Richard. You make my heart sing every time we speak. You calm me down and help me readjust some of my ways as I know they can be overbearing at times, even with those I know and love.
I had to run outside and catch a neighbor before he left out of here just now. Last night, my new dog, Zorro woke me up by his bark. As I looked around I spotted some guys moving through the neighborhood at 3 in the morn. I kept a close eye and witnessed them going through another neighbors window that his own daughters opened for them. I went and woke the wife and asked her if I should call the police or let it just go. I did as she wished and ignored them for then. I stayed up and turned on my tv and waited until they exited again out of the window. I grabbed my keys and then set the car alarm off and watched as I can only describe it as, turning on a kitchen light and watch the roaches run off.
Well I told the other neighbor who was just now leaving, whos yard they walked through to get to Pedro's house, that his dogs aint worth the food they feed them. Not once did they yelp. He has 3 pit bulls, you know mexicans like those dogs for obvious reasons, their lifestyle, but heck, if they just let ppl move around at night without being confronted in some fashion, they just get more emboldened. I once saved him a fortune too as a bunch were in the process of ripping off all his work tools from his van, but I saw them and hollered to get the hell out of here. I'm always armed just b/c I know things like that escalate fast if you aren't prepared for it.
Now it's weighing on me if I should tell Pedro about his daughters letting in those three guys.
I'm known as the white watch dog to my neighbors...lol, and Zorro's keen eye has helped immensely. I'm going to start calling myself, Zorros sidekick. What a smart dog that found me. So smart that many customers have told me they would love to have him. Even my own daughter that watches our place in the country wants him, and she already has two wonderful watch dogs.
I have truely been blessed with keen senses and a dog that understood his job from the get go. I apologize to him for putting a few bb's on his hiney trying to run him off. Thank you Father!!!...for everything.
Offline Daniel  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:42:06 AM(UTC)
Daniel

encounterHim wrote:
I'm always armed just b/c I know things like that escalate fast if you aren't prepared for it.

Good choice, sir.

encounterHim wrote:
Now it's weighing on me if I should tell Pedro about his daughters letting in those three guys.

Yes you should: "Show me your friends, I'll show you your future".

encounterHim wrote:
I'm going to start calling myself, Zorros sidekick.

We will just have to start calling you Bernardo!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Daniel  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:05:28 PM(UTC)
Daniel

...and Bernardo is better than Bunny Wigglesworth!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline FredSnell  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:10:17 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Thanks Daniel. I did let his next door neighbor know in hopes he tells Pedro of the situation since they are good friends and drinking buddies. Zorro and I see it as all in a days work...a little pat on the head and a toss of his sleeping rug at the gate and even a ninja would have trouble getting past this one. He's not quick to take a snack from a stranger and I'm glad for that. Most of these healers, they have a raccoon type marking as a mask, but Zorros is defined exceptionally well and he's more like white hair with spots instead of peppered like most. Why these ppl didn't come get him is beyond me. Oh well, their loss is my gain.
Offline FredSnell  
#17 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 2:45:12 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Happy Sabbath all..!
Offline FredSnell  
#18 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 6:00:33 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I think Satan probably couldn't wait for the day that just passed. He's probably upset he couldn't defeat even the manifestation, just a small deminished part of Yah. He knew the gift that Yah was about to bestow on all of mankind by subjecting His First Fruit to She'ol. All religious peolple, and all non religious people actually in my mind had two gifts they were given. They got the gift of life by Yah letting mans creation talk hold of the land and going it's own way. The second gift He provided in my thinking is by paying all their penalties they couldn't pay by going their way instead of observing His Word. Decide on not living by His prescriptions, you die. End! For those that choose to reach up and grab that prize, are reaching for that Fruit today and joing in on the First Fruits celebration.
I'm taking my grandson bowling today so they can hear me talk about how stupid it is for these people to let their kids eat anything that a bunny poops out.
Offline highbrow  
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 2:28:28 PM(UTC)
highbrow

I had my wife and son watch the South Park Easter episode that shows how stupid all the Easter trappings are, especially the rabbit. Peter was the 1st pope----- Peter Rabbit
Offline FredSnell  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 3:46:31 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

highbrow wrote:
I had my wife and son watch the South Park Easter episode that shows how stupid all the Easter trappings are, especially the rabbit. Peter was the 1st pope----- Peter Rabbit

Haven't seen that episode, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Here's the best comedy of the day. Maybe yada will have this in the shows news section today.

http://www.theblaze.com/...shipping-some-other-god/