logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:51:41 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Is Yahowah refereed to as "Father" in any of the Covenant writings or is this just a "NT" concept?

Is Yahushua called the Lamb of God or Son of God in the Covenant writings?
Offline FredSnell  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:40:51 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Psalm 89:26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my El, and the rock of my salvation.

Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:51:01 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Jeremiah 31

31:1 At the same time, saith YHWH, will I be the Elohim of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

31:2 Thus saith YHWH, The people which were left of the sword found favour in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

31:3 YHWH hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

31:4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

31:5 Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things.

31:6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto YHWH our Elohim.

31:7 For thus saith YHWH; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O YHWH, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.

31:8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.

31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Offline FredSnell  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:53:48 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Isaiah 63 :16 Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O YHWH, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 8:55:17 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O YHWH, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 9:01:56 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Doesn't that last verse there just tell you everything about any of us? Would you want every vessel that you see in your own house exactly the same. Your house would be pretty lame in my opinion.
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:16:15 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Thanks for leading me into this today. Searching out the, "lamb" I stumbled onto this revelation after reading it over and over.

Genesis
22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that YHWH did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

22:3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which YHWH had told him.

22:4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you,

22:6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

22:8 And Abraham said, My son, YHWH will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

22:9 And they came to the place which YHWH had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

22:11 And the angel of YHWH called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

If Isaac is the metaphor for Yahowshua here, I find it interesting that Abraham responds to all three, Father, Son and the malak in like manner.

I probably just need to step back and watch some golf if anys on tv today. I could watch all four rounds, but in todays market without Tiger, anyone can come from behind so why would I.

Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 12:01:20 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Hey brother, thanks for the verses. I tried doing a search on blueletterbible but there was too much to dig through.
Just trying to sort out what's actually Scriptural and what's the byproduct of religion.
christianity's tentacles run deep and affect much of what we think/believe/say, and it seems like a never-ending, ongoing process to root it out.
Like your comment on Abraham & Issac, shows there more to what's written than meets the eye.