logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Richard  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:17:02 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I purchased a ram's horn (or shofar) from an Israeli outfit doing business on Amazon.com. Hopefully it will be here in time for this year's Feast of Trumpets. If not, that's all right. Now, Amazon suggested that I also purchase an inexpensive booklet, The Easy Guide to Shofar Sounding by Arthur L. Finkle, with my ram's horn, which I did.

The booklet has arrived and I have read it. Family and guests, let me say this about that booklet. If any of you have any doubts that the rabbis of Judaism are out of sync with Yahowah's Word, just read this booklet.

According to Finkle, who liberally cites the Mishnah and other rabbinic documents, it is a sin to carry one's shofar on the Sabbath. It is a sin to let the shofar be seen before it is sounded. The shofar has to be sounded in a certain way for different occasions. No one may sound the shofar except the "Shofar Sounder", which in Hebrew, according to Finkle, is "Ba'al T'kiyah". There's the adversary's favorite title again.

In other words, the rabbis want to exercise micro-control in the extreme. Meanwhile, Yahowah's Word says simply, "Blow a horn." But the rabbis have taken a simple command and buried it within layer upon layer of man-made rituals and commandments. Incredible.

Oh. And I still don't really know how to blow the horn that's on its way here from Israel. But that, too, is all right. Mom will show me. Then I can show off for Dad and His friends at the Feast.
Offline Daniel  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 8:11:58 AM(UTC)
Daniel

flintface wrote:
No one may sound the shofar except the "Shofar Sounder", which in Hebrew, according to Finkle, is "Ba'al T'kiyah". There's the adversary's favorite title again.

In other words, the rabbis want to exercise micro-control in the extreme. Meanwhile, Yahowah's Word says simply, "Blow a horn." But the rabbis have taken a simple command and buried it within layer upon layer of man-made rituals and commandments. Incredible.

Oh. And I still don't really know how to blow the horn that's on its way here from Israel. But that, too, is all right. Mom will show me. Then I can show off for Dad and His friends at the Feast.

I don't have a ram's horn shofar, so we will be using the "shofar" in my Honda Civic, this year!

(That is sure to piss off the rabbi's!)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net