logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:57:22 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:11 PM
To: Yada Yahweh
Subject: Avoiding Legalism

Yada,
I need your help with something please...

I have found that through all of my studies and all of the sources in YY are fabulous and I have had those deep questions that I could not find the answers to in all of these studies. Recently I have gotten into different conversations with different people who agree with what I am saying but say "You are to legalistic"

How do you avoid legalism yet stay true to scriptures? Because I want more than anything if it is in my control to stay in-line with the word because I have spent what seems like forever not doing what it said, is wanting that unrealistic?

Blessings

R

R,

What they should be saying, but out of ignorance are not, is that you are a literalist. You trust the literal meaning of Yahuweh’s Word—as do I. There is nothing “legalistic” about it. The truth is liberating. The Torah, Prophets, and Psalms is filled with prescriptions for happy, healthy, productive, and eternal living. They depict a familial covenant, not a political or religious constitution.

Christians are universally ignorant of Yah’s instructions and of the Covenant. Not only are they unaware of the purpose and prophetic nature of the Miqra, for example, they have substituted Yah’s plan with a Babylonian counterfeit. So since their counterfeit religion doesn’t mesh with your familial relationship, they criticize you. It’s easier than saying God was wrong when He revealed His message.

These things known, don’t expect agreement. Truth has never been popular, nor has Yahweh. His family isn’t big, only fortunate and loved.

Yada

Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 3:36:19 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't see why we shouldn't take his word literally. Don't worry, I'm with you, as I'm sure most, if not all, of the rest of us on here are.
Offline rs  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 9:16:45 AM(UTC)
rs

I think one of the issues we have to face is that the vast majority of Christians are satisfied and fulfilled in their faith.

They believe that prayers are answered and there are so many interactions that help them mature their faith, whether it be Church, Bible Study, small Group, or Ministry.

Until recently I felt completely fulfilled with a very active Christian lifestyle. Then it was all blown up. Thanks a lot Yahuweh. Really.

It may take some very disruptive events that shatter the basis of Christianity before people focus on weightier matters.

In our church, our pastor has recently resigned, but that is going to end up pulling people together more as they realize it's the people they fellowship with that makes up the glue of the church.

I think our message tends to pull people away from the fellowship which makes it a very difficult "sell". They believe anything that divides the "Body of Christ" can't be right.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 9:44:56 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
it is the thing that people say to you.

If they are being firm:
"you're being legalistic"

If they are being friendly
"Sound quite legalistic, legalism is bad you know - you can get stuck in this stuff, hold my hand and lets hop and skip together loving the Lord Jesus because we have a nice free ticket into heaven..."

sorry maybe that last sentence was a little cynical (thats my wifes job... love you dear ;) )

We had another response to our leaving today, we were told that "Satan can deceive ANYONE" meaning us and never them...

ANYWAY - its more irritating than anything else :)

Love you guys, sorry for the rant lol

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 10:33:12 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, satan can decieve anyone, but that is why we have scripture and the tools to look at what was actually written. If you have one person relying on what men say, and another digging into the word, who do you think is the one being decieved?

The audacity of some people.