logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:01:32 PM(UTC)
rs

I was reading the www.yahweh.org website and they make a claim that Yahshua's blasphemy was actually stating the name Yahweh in the Matthew verse 26:64. In the ISR Scriptures the verse quotes Yahushua saying "...from now you shall see the Son of Adam sitting at the tight hand of the Power..."

They claim that 'Power' was actually Yahweh. Could someone with access to the original texts check this out.

Imagine how our understanding and appreciation for the sacred name Yahweh would be increased if these famous passages were read in a different light.

Offline CK  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:22:33 PM(UTC)
CK

rs & Swalchy,

I have a 'Palaeo Name Version (PNV)' of MatitYahu (translated by Todd Effren from the du Tillet Hebrew Manuscript of MatitYahu) which has Mt. 26:63-65 reading as follows:

26:63 But [Yahushua] answered not anything, and was silent. Then Rosh haKohanim said to Him, "I adjure You by Elohim Chayim that
You tell us whether You are Mashiach, Ben-haElohim."
26:64* And answered [Yahushua], and said to him, "You said. And truly I say to you, henceforth you will see Ben-haAdam sitting
at the right-hand of Koach [Yahuweh], coming in thickness of haShamayim."
26:65 The Rosh haKohanim tore his garment, saying, "He blasphemed! For what have need we further of witnesses? Behold, you
heard now that He blasphemed!"

*A reference from the TaNak at Daniyel 7:13 (so noted by Effren).

I had to bracket Yahushua and Yahuweh in the above because Todd Effren shows the Names in palaeo Hebrew. Effren defines 'Koach Yahuweh', as 'Power of Yahuweh' and further states in his notes that this was mistranslated as 'the right hand of power' by some translators.

Hope this helps.

CK