logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lassie1865  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:45:51 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I have a question regarding the parable of the wineskins which is being discussed in this class I am attending:

Christians say:

The "old wine" is the "Old Covenant" which was good for its time, but is passing away with the advent of the "new wine"; the "old wine" is being used up and/or turning to vinegar; therefore, the "new wine" is the New Covenant. The New Covenant elevates the Law to new and unattainable heights which requires a new type of filling with the Spirit (new heart).

I say:

Yahowsha says: “There is “new wine” which by nature “expands”; the message and the Spirit are going to “expand” to encompass all the Gentiles; this will be problematic/difficult for the traditional Jews to accept; they will prefer the “old wine/old ways”. (Does old wine always turn into vinegar? Can’t it last indefinitely?) This is not a “new” Covenant, but a continuation of The Covenant.

What are your thoughts?
Offline bigritchie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:52:50 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

lassie1865 wrote:
I have a question regarding the parable of the wineskins which is being discussed in this class I am attending:

Christians say:

The "old wine" is the "Old Covenant" which was good for its time, but is passing away with the advent of the "new wine"; the "old wine" is being used up and/or turning to vinegar; therefore, the "new wine" is the New Covenant. The New Covenant elevates the Law to new and unattainable heights which requires a new type of filling with the Spirit (new heart).

I say:

Yahowsha says: “There is “new wine” which by nature “expands”; the message and the Spirit are going to “expand” to encompass all the Gentiles; this will be problematic/difficult for the traditional Jews to accept; they will prefer the “old wine/old ways”. (Does old wine always turn into vinegar? Can’t it last indefinitely?) This is not a “new” Covenant, but a continuation of The Covenant.

What are your thoughts?

I will comment on this, as a former Marine I am well qualified to comment on anything that may make you tipsy :-)

#1 Old is better then new as long as it is well kept. Hence why 20 year old drinks cost 10 times that of something made last week. Generally most christians teach that drinking is a sin, so they do not even realize this. Same concept with a 40 year old Scotch versus a 1 week old bottle of Scotch. Anyone not insane would choose the 40 year "Old Scotch" over the new!

#2 Christians never quote the part about BOTH being preserved, instead they use this to say the "old wine" is done away with.

#3 This passage was used extensively by Marcion also, so it could very well be part of his corruption also.

#4 There is no such thing as a "old Covenant" that passes away, the Creator said it was FOREVER and EVERLASTING.

#5 (I make my own wine), you do not put ANY wine into wine skins while it is still fermenting, it will blow up