logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:57:14 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Qodeshim,
I hope everybody is doing well and eating enough and all.

I hope that this is the right place for this post, and if not I am sorry, but I will get to my point.

As most of you all know who are regulars at the forum know, I returned to America this summer after three years abroad in China. I have not been around to witness any changes or trends in three holiday seasons so I have a unique perspective which I think is interesting. Perhaps I am biased and I readily acknowledge that my perspectives and attitudes have changed but I have thus far been absolutely shocked by what I have seen since the beginning of October.

Everybody always laments that those beloved Christian holidays have become too commercialized and then go on to revel and wallow in the general spirit of the season, and I know that things were bad when I left, but now....BUT NOW!!!

The Halloween stuff is enough to make you sick. I mean there have always been people that get really into it and love to put out the gross/gorey stuff, but it's become so much more mainstream. I went to a (tree) nursery the other day and they had all these latex severed heads that you could hang up and of course they were bloody and looking like they were rotting, and they were suspended by their eyelids. It was repulsive. There was a bloody mess of severed hands, corpses, skeletons and demons, the likes of which I have honestly never seen. The holiday has taken a much more open turn to divining and communing with spirits too. Which honestly I think is a growing trend altogether anyway. You probably are thinking that tt's always been that bad but in any case after an absense of three years from the American scene it was truly shocking.

And the CHRISTMAS STUFF!!! I have never ever seen it out so early. I was out in late September! I could not believer it. They say it's the day that we celebrate the Messiah's birth which is an out and out lie that even many Christians will happily admit without reservation...what birthday party needs 3 months of planning? Lowe's had about 50 Christmas trees in it's lobby all decked out with the gawdiest of decorations. Chemosh...sorry I mean Santa was everywhere as usual, but in my 3 years of being gone it seems that the real deity of Christmas is being worshipped at such a now overt level. There were huge balloon displays of Santas, Snowmen, Christmas Trees, packages, candy canes, Reindeer, and even snowglobes! I never saw such intricate devotion.

This all must come to a final point. Many Christians would say that that is just the International secular side that has taken over Yahuweh's intended purposes for this solemn observance and they would go on to mention the nativity, silent night and midnight christmas eve services with glowing candles. To which I reply....vomit. This Holiday is the birthday of just about every contemptible deity there is from Zeus to Ra to Tammuz to Mithras. It was a drunken orgy of binge drinking, petty greed, and gluttony. I say on the contrary, it's regaining it's religious meaning. That secular side is truly the religious side of this holiday. It's also a day associated with child sacrifice, which is something that Yahuweh really likes right? Of course now it's a day where adults grovel to their children and satisfy as many of their selfish whims as they can...which in the long run builds character after all. I truly and happily believe and cling to the notion that all of these contemptible counterfeits and increasingly overt tributes to Halal will become such a stench in the nostrils and so distasteful to true believers that they will finally have no choice but to separate themselves from these abominations and come into covenant relationship with Yahuweh. It may only be a small group who do, but I trust they will.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.