logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 3:15:32 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thought you'd enjoy the flyers we're distributing over the next few weeks.

*LINK*

Still time for final edits, so let me know if you spot anything that needs fixin'.
Offline MadDog  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:10:35 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Okay I'll make this quick because I wrote a lenghty rebuttal only
to lose it at the last second. So here it goes:

1) You are quoting Paul despite Yada writing an entire book titled
"Questioning Paul" and making a good case to classify Paul as a
false prophet.

2) You are still using names and titles like "Jesus" and "Lord"
when again Yada made a good case to use Yahweh and Yashua
proper names.

3) There is no Old and New Testament. There is only one
Covenant; the Torah, Prophet and Psalms.

4) You are having services on the Sabbath which goes directly
against the commandment not to work and/or not having your
family or servants work. I stay at home and rest on the Sabbath.
I used to go to the store until I realized that in order to do so
I was making the clerk break the Sabbath as well as myself.

Ken Power said it best in the Owner's Manuel even though Ken is still
using words like holy and Jesus and still quotes Paul:

http://theownersmanual.n..._Holy_Appointments.Torah

I have not found one fellowship that keeps Yahwehs Torah. Not one. They
are all steeped in Christian paganism, even the Messianic movement.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 3:10:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Overall I think it's pretty good RWY. There are few spots where I think I would disagree with your understanding of certain verses, specifically Galatians 4:8-11, which is a verse that Christians use to argue why they don't have to keep Yah's feasts. While I wouldn't have used Paul, I understand why you did.

MadDog, i would disagree with you, I think his us of Christian terminology is understandable. He makes it clear that Jesus is not His name, but doesn't go into detail as that is not the purpose of the text. It is meant to be a flyer and verbosity is not possible, the goal was to show why we shouldn't celebrate Christmas, so in a two page flyer you have to be brief, and if he were to use an alien vocabulary it would be completely ineffective.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Daniel  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 3:20:56 AM(UTC)
Daniel

It would be nice if you made the referrals to Rives and Fitz & Slaughter's books hyperlinks to a place where you could buy them.
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 8:37:55 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

While I didn't read all of it (I'm about to), I noticed that you sited the yadayahweh site for people to check out. I would check with Yada first to see if he would want this because he decided that he had to re-write yadayahweh.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 12:11:11 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
MadDog wrote:
I have not found one fellowship that keeps Yahwehs Torah. Not one. They
are all steeped in Christian paganism, even the Messianic movement.

Knowing Ken, his answer would be: because it can't be kept.
Offline MadDog  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 4:41:19 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Matthew wrote:
Knowing Ken, his answer would be: because it can't be kept.

It can't and also willful disregard, even if you convince a christian that oberseving
christmas and easter are rooted in paganism they'll continue to observe it and
go along with "because" it's tradition.

I know, because I have to keep telling my sister every year the same thing
and it seems like I'm telling her for the very first time.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:30:05 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate each of you taking the time to review it, and to send me your thoughts. James is right on regarding my reasons for using some of the terminology I do. I've found that showing people out of the same scriptures they're already familiar with is most effective; "corrected" texts seem foreign, and are less readily accepted. So it's a balance.

I also understand the concern about quoting Paul. But keep in mind that even in the forum we aren't all "of one accord" on that subject; and most of this flyer's audience certainly isn't. In the case of Galatians 4, Paul was NOT writing to Jews, chastising them for keeping the sabbath and the feasts. He was writing to former sun god worshipers, falling back into their old habits. The fact that this is so widely misunderstood and misued is exactly why it needs to be corrected.

Quote:
I have not found one fellowship that keeps Yahwehs Torah. Not one. They are all steeped in Christian paganism, even the Messianic movement.

If you're expecting to just walk in the door, and find that everyone understands everything the same way you do (or that Yada does), and gets it all right, you will never find it. But if you're hoping to find people that have some things right, and have their hearts in the right place, they ARE out there. I found them. It took more than two years before I watched them peel the cross and sun rays out of the center of the Star of David on the logo on their front door... But I DID see it happen. And I didn't have to get angry or demanding -- one of the members did it spontaneously after one of our studies.

Yah reveals bits and pieces to different people. Fellowship is the way we connect them. I've passed on things I learned here to our fellowship; and things I've learned at our fellowship here. Sitting at home feeling smart and lucky to be saved wouldn't help anyone, and we are called to help. I've been very fortunate; I've learned more than I've taught, and have built some great friendships too.

Quote:
You are having services on the Sabbath which goes directly against the commandment not to work and/or not having your family or servants work.

A prohibition against services on the Sabbath? I just don't see it. What part is objectionable? Singing? Dancing? Testifying about our experiences? Scripture reading? All seem appropriate; and teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath was a regular part of the routine for Yahshua and those who walked with Him. Let me know when you're going to be in Lexington; we'd love to have you join us.

Shalom.
Offline Matthew  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:33:28 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
MadDog wrote:
It can't and also willful disregard, even if you convince a christian that oberseving
christmas and easter are rooted in paganism they'll continue to observe it and
go along with "because" it's tradition.

I know, because I have to keep telling my sister every year the same thing
and it seems like I'm telling her for the very first time.

Yeah, I get you here. There are too many who wilfully disregard the Torah, and Yahshua's own words, in the group who call themselves believers in the Messiah. Some do it willingly, and others simply don't know better even though they do have a love for their Messiah. This world is rooted in pointless and pagan traditions and has unfortunately swamped the masses into believing Scripture condones them.

Even though the Torah cannot literally (in most things) be kept by us, we should at the very least pay attention to and understand what it says. With the Feasts for example, I try observe and understand them because in my understanding it's really up to Yahuweh to keep it, it's for Him to fulfil. To me the Feasts don't do the saving, as I've heard some say, but rather shows how the One who does the saving does it.
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:17:43 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I like the idea of handing out tri-fold pamphlets which expose the truth about the Christmas season. Good work!

As for having a service on the Sabbath, I agree with MadDog that it sounds anti-Torah. It would depend, I think, on what you are calling a service. An informal getting together of the family of Yahuwah where there is fellowship, a meal, Scripture reading and discussion: that is not work in my mind. Anything smelling like a Christian or Jewish worship service, on the other hand, would be totally out of line.

My 31 year-old wife is wheelchair bound. So when she needs to relieve herself on the Sabbath, I do not hesitate for an instant to off-load her from her wheelchair onto her toilet and vice-versa. Nor does it bother my conscience to clean up after her if needed. Had I a baby, I wouldn't balk for a second to change its diaper on the Sabbath. That is the "donkey falling into the well" concept mentioned earlier, and it is reasonable because our Father in Heaven is reasonable. I have to bite my lip concerning certain other household chores, because I've been called onto the carpet for doing some of them on the Sabbath. It seems innocent enough, but my conscience has cleared its throat quite loudly a few times, and I have distinctly heard a small voice warning me against profaning His Sabbath.

So, like I said, your service may or may not be in violation of Yahuwah's Sabbath. It would depend on what you do there.

Love to all,

Richard
Offline cgb2  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 7:51:58 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Not exactly 1 page flyer, but still brief regarding x-mas

http://www.besorahgrass....The_truth_about_Dec.html
Offline MadDog  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 6:24:21 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:

If you're expecting to just walk in the door, and find that everyone understands everything the same way you do (or that Yada does), and gets it all right, you will never find it. But if you're hoping to find people that have some things right, and have their hearts in the right place, they ARE out there. I found them. It took more than two years before I watched them peel the cross and sun rays out of the center of the Star of David on the logo on their front door... But I DID see it happen. And I didn't have to get angry or demanding -- one of the members did it spontaneously after one of our studies.

I expect for at least the preacher or rabbi to know the Torah and not make up excuses about why they are still soaked in paganism, breaking the Sabbath, etc.
And I am no longer looking for the "perfect" church because there aren't any. I'd rather not participate then to continue in the error.

And how is a spontaneous incident a good thing? It just tells me that the person acted without any real understanding or knowledge, otherwise they would realize that they are surronded by christian paganism.

And as per my screen name, it does make me angry, that I was duped by the pagan christians for so long. And I'm angry that the "spiritual leaders" continue to mislead, either intentionally or not. My guess is intentional.

RidesWithYah wrote:

A prohibition against services on the Sabbath? I just don't see it. What part is objectionable? Singing? Dancing? Testifying about our experiences? Scripture reading? All seem appropriate; and teaching in the synagogue on the Sabbath was a regular part of the routine for Yahshua and those who walked with Him. Let me know when you're going to be in Lexington; we'd love to have you join us.

The part I find objectionable is the part where the rabbi or preacher get paid for conducting services on the sabbath. And not just them, there is a crew of people who get paid for rendering their "services" on the Sabbath. I'm sure you know that "church" is a business and thus it means people work for it and get paid. If going to "church" was a simple scripture reading I would go, but in todays world, as I've stated, it is much more than that.

Participating in this prohibition is just as wrong as participating in Christmas, Easter, Lent, etc. By participating only continues the mistake, not correcting it.

To correct it would be easier then anybody can imagine. Simply move the "services" right before the start of the Sabbath or right after the end of the Sabbath. Problem solved. There can be scripture reading on the Sabbath but no work, period, none.

Instead, people go around trying to justify their error and making up excuses about why they need to break his commandments instead just obeying Yahweh.
Offline Royce  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 8:25:37 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

MadDog wrote:
I expect for at least the preacher or rabbi to know the Torah and not make up excuses about why they are still soaked in paganism, breaking the Sabbath, etc.
And I am no longer looking for the "perfect" church because there aren't any. I'd rather not participate then to continue in the error.

And how is a spontaneous incident a good thing? It just tells me that the person acted without any real understanding or knowledge, otherwise they would realize that they are surronded by christian paganism.

And as per my screen name, it does make me angry, that I was duped by the pagan christians for so long. And I'm angry that the "spiritual leaders" continue to mislead, either intentionally or not. My guess is intentional.

The part I find objectionable is the part where the rabbi or preacher get paid for conducting services on the sabbath. And not just them, there is a crew of people who get paid for rendering their "services" on the Sabbath. I'm sure you know that "church" is a business and thus it means people work for it and get paid. If going to "church" was a simple scripture reading I would go, but in todays world, as I've stated, it is much more than that.

Participating in this prohibition is just as wrong as participating in Christmas, Easter, Lent, etc. By participating only continues the mistake, not correcting it.

To correct it would be easier then anybody can imagine. Simply move the "services" right before the start of the Sabbath or right after the end of the Sabbath. Problem solved. There can be scripture reading on the Sabbath but no work, period, none.

Instead, people go around trying to justify their error and making up excuses about why they need to break his commandments instead just obeying Yahweh.

You make good points bro, if they are getting paid for working then its wrong, simple as that.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:58:21 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

THIS is a good read.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 5:21:48 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

And now, followed up with a little **VIDEO**
Offline sirgodfrey  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 7:24:42 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

A good read indeed. Thanks for sharing mate.