logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline tagim  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 10:11:49 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

This is the third attempt to post.
Offline tagim  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 10:40:13 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

I cannot believe it. When I post nothing, it gets on board. Two other times I attempted to post, and my writing disappears, saying ..."A serious error has occurred." And this is about the third time I have ever posted, anywhere.

Anyway, the short of what I attempted to say is: I am exceptionally happy to have been directed here, and deeply indebted to Yada, Tom Power. and the rest of these marvelous people who have put forth a truly amazing effort seen in Yada Yahweh. I have read everything on the site, in the forum, all with the exception of "Tea with Terrorists," as I already knew who the terrorists are.

What I attempted to say in my previous posts that never made the board, is that I consider this a life changing (saving) site, for it has caused me to abandon beliefs cherished all my life and to now educating my family in their brief remaining time.

It has taken me three months to read and examine all that is here, and now I feel an emptiness. I rarely see new postings or activity here. I realize there must still be a tremendous effort ongoing behind the scenes and that the rewrites will be forthcoming. I suspect there are others with similar thoughts. It would be nice to see a weekly, or at least monthly check-in, update on activity, or something, maybe a "bump" (whatever that means), to show our existence. I am here now and to the end, and if I can assist anywhere, someone please let me know.
Offline dugdoo56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 12:18:21 PM(UTC)
dugdoo56

Greetings Tagim. Welcome to the forum. As you say, this is an amazing site. The in depth study that has gone on here has brought to light the short comings of Christianity and has really changed my life. As you have already read most of things available, all I can say is, keep reading as the opposition out there will be strong.
Unfortunately, a couple of the forum members are no longer with us and the input has really dropped off in the forum which is really sad. Never the less, if you have any questions or want to bring anything up at all, please feel as though you can do so without anyone coming down on you. We are all here to learn. Once again, welcome to the forum....DD56.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 3:01:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
tagim wrote:
I cannot believe it. When I post nothing, it gets on board. Two other times I attempted to post, and my writing disappears, saying ..."A serious error has occurred." And this is about the third time I have ever posted, anywhere.

Yeah the forum software isn't great, and our webmaster, who is purely a volunteer has been busy as of late with taking care of his family, and his day job, so he hasn't been able to do a lot of tweaking.

tagim wrote:
Anyway, the short of what I attempted to say is: I am exceptionally happy to have been directed here, and deeply indebted to Yada, Tom Power. and the rest of these marvelous people who have put forth a truly amazing effort seen in Yada Yahweh. I have read everything on the site, in the forum, all with the exception of "Tea with Terrorists," as I already knew who the terrorists are.

I think you mean Ken Power not Tom.

tagim wrote:
What I attempted to say in my previous posts that never made the board, is that I consider this a life changing (saving) site, for it has caused me to abandon beliefs cherished all my life and to now educating my family in their brief remaining time.

I agree this site has truly been a Godsend for me, not just the books, but the fellowship in the forum has been a great source of joy, and information for me.

tagim wrote:
It has taken me three months to read and examine all that is here, and now I feel an emptiness. I rarely see new postings or activity here.

Having been here for a while now, the forum goes through ebbs and tides of activity. We are currently in an ebb, but we have had a lot of new members join, like yourself, so hopefully we will see a tide soon.

Also just because there is no new activity reported on the front page doesn't mean that no one has posted the glitchey software will often not report new activity. If on the front page of the forum you look to the right column and it says No post, you may check that thread and see if there are any posts that show nothing under the Last post column, there may or may not be new posts in them. I try to go through every now and then and find the ones that have new posts but aren't showing up and bump them, and depending on how the software feels that day they may or may not show up for a while. So until we are able to get it fixed, we are going to have to hunt for the new material. I hope this doesn't drive people away, but there is nothing we can do for the moment.

Welcome to the forum.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Royce  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 11:48:32 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Welcome and I will try be more active but its been crazy here, week in the hospital and starting a new business. But all is good. I would say copy your posts before you try to post them and then at least you have it if the forum logs you out or something. I can usually hit my browser back button and recover it though.
Offline tagim  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:09:05 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

James, Dug, Royce, thank you all for your responses and insights. Yes, I did mean Ken, and yes, I did find much more on the site from your suggestion. And while I did find hundreds more postings from almost as many more members, I was saddened to note but a dearth of those still actively posting. And much of it occurring in this year. Sadly, the acrimony revealed is obviously responsible for the large hit the fellowship suffered, that and maybe what I say below. However, credit (for lack of a better word) must be given Yada for never varying in his quest to providing us with the absolute truth (as much as we can obtain it) by doing the most comprehensive search in all his writings, and never having to cede a single sentence thereof. For this I am eternally grateful, and to all who have aided him. I picture him today in his home with thousands upon thousands of pages artfully organized before him in his rewrite of Paul. I do pray for his strength, though I feel I need not, as I have noticed his responses to objectors have become much more determined and caustic in his years of responding. I am happy his carries the banner for us all, as I can think of no one else world wide as capable. After reading "The Prophet of Doom," I read "In the Company..." and then I did as much as I could finding out about Yada and Ken and all the characters in the book. Not once did I find a contradiction that could be placed on the heads of those two, and thereafter my trust was placed.

It may be, as it seems, that all questions that could possibly be asked in this forum, have been, and all answers that could possibly be given, have been, and in such detail precluding further inquiry. I hope not. I am sure there is someone much more knowledgeable than I here that can give this site the lift it now needs.

I need to write more, but I have a personal errand that needs my attention now.
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 4:07:22 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
tagim wrote:
It may be, as it seems, that all questions that could possibly be asked in this forum, have been, and all answers that could possibly be given, have been, and in such detail precluding further inquiry. I hope not. I am sure there is someone much more knowledgeable than I here that can give this site the lift it now needs.

I think all questions are far from answered. The forum is pretty much user driven, and like in any classroom, sometimes people are intimidated and afraid to ask questions, so they don't get asked. And I think a lot of the newer people are spending a lot of time reading through the archives, so they are studying more than conversing. Some, myself included, don't have as much free time as we once did, and so aren't as active as we might like to be.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Royce  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 5:50:20 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

do you all have a hard time finding items in search? I see some forums say no entry then you click them and there are things there. Its kinda tough to keep up with everything and come right back to the ones you have been talking in unless it shows in the new posts at the bottom. Is there a reason this place has stuck to a free software like this with so many issues? I good software isnt that much to buy. Just curious why we dont improve the usability and convenience if we can.
#9 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2011 8:40:49 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You guys having problems to post? I log in and then each time I click a link it reverts back to the main page in an unlogged in state. Or if I'm lucky and I get to reply to a post I still can't send it or check in a draft form, keeps me an error message saying the website isn't loading correctly. Driving me nutty.

Matthew
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:35:38 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Don't know what happened yesterday, but working like a charm today.