logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:30:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this software on-line called "Blub." I have not used it yet but apparently after formatting the text, you can then have it published. 20 - 40 softcover copies start at $12.95. (Pricing and shipping information is here.)

I would love to get something like this done as the large binders I carry around with me are a bit cumbersome.

Has anyone else found similar software (or a printing service)?

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:36:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:59:01 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

That looks useful Yada. I currently have PoD, TOM, and FH in large single binders and I finally had to break YY into two binders. By formating to Word documents I can save on the number of pages and color code text to my prefrences. I knew PoD had been published and though that the first six books of YY may soon be as well and initally thought that was what you were refering to in your post.
Offline Devildog  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:25:56 AM(UTC)
Devildog

How cool is that? Thanks Yada for finding that. I had no idea that there was such a service. I wonder what they would say once Yada's/Ken's material started flowing in to them. Would they require some sort of authorization from Yada or Ken to produce these?
YY would have to be a series. Maybe just like Yada has them seperated currently: One book would be "Genesis" encompassing all the chapters within it, and the next book would be "The called out" and so on. I also would like to eliminate huge binders, and this sounds perfect. As it is now, I only carry around 2 or 3 chapters at a time so as to avoid the forty pound book. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing about copyright issues.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:06:16 PM(UTC)
kp

As for me, DD, screw copyright the issues. As far as I'm concerned, I'll give my stuff to anybody who wants it, as long as they agree not to turn around and sell it. If anybody is crazy enough (or rich enough) to pop for printing costs, I'll be glad to send 'em the up to date MS Word docs. Drop me a line at email@FutureTruth.net. Just remember, the key to pricing with guys like "Blub" is that little phrase "starting at...." Future History is 900 pages, give or take---the same length as Yada's Prophet of Doom, which is a real tome in printed form. The Owner's Manual is about 500, but that's just the first volume. In other words, this isn't going to be as cheap as it sounds. That's why we put 'em on the web.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:42:26 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Yup, KP is right... it's gonna get mighty expensive printing tomes! What I do is to print it out an extra copy (back-up) on A4 double-sided and bind it, and very carefully lend it to those whom I perceive to really seek the Truth. I may give one or two chapters only depending on the topic at hand and see how they respond. If they have Internet access, then I pass them the websites so that they can go get the rest. If they do not have Internet access but want to know more, I'll give chapter by chapter or a few chapters at a time. I have even helped copy the pdfs to thumbdrives or CD-ROMS for distribution. After all my experiences, I have learned not to, er, "throw pearls to swine." Those who hunger for more will definitely return after a taste of the Truth, whereas those who want to continue in their ignorance shall put away whatever is given.

A quick aside... I had always wondered about predestination and why Yahushua spoke in parables. When Scripture showed that He spoke in parables purposely to cloud the meaning of His teachings, it went against the grain of practically every evangelical church teachings which claim that the bible is clear and for everyone. So with this understanding, I have realised that no one really can come to Yahushua unless Yahweh draws him near. So no amount of expensive free books is likely to change anything other than make us broke, but a few free chapters from TOM, YY, FH, POD or other books may be enough to expose the reader to the Word. Putting everything on CD-ROM is the cheapest way to go. Maybe KP can put his skills to work again and create some nice CD stickers/labels. :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Devildog  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 4:39:06 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I figured as much, KP. I'm sure Yada feels the same way as you do. Since I am not "rich enough", I'm not liking the other category I may fall into so indeed I will do some more research. I was only looking at this for personal use. I'm at the, "get more organized" phase.

I also use those tactics, bitnet. I print a Chapter and see if they thirst for more. Sadly, the results are pathetic, as you may know. It seems as though even one difference in their preconceived mind is enough to make the message hostile to them and unappealing. Therefore, even the ones we consider the closest to the t ruth will largely reject YY. It's amazing. I have learned that it is most appealing to agnostic/atheists, because the reasons for why they are where they are, do not actually exist in scripture. Plus, they seem to be the thinkers. I also find this area very rewarding because 6/7 years ago, I was among them.

"on A4 double-sided and bind it,"

Could you elaborate on this for me, please?
Offline Icy  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 4:54:20 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
They have to be ready for it. Last year I tried teaching FH at the church I was attending, and sadly no one wanted to hear it. If fact, I later found out that people were complaining to the pastor about what I was teaching them. Even my wife wasn't into it. Oh, she believed me, but she didn't really grasp things. Later in the year, I tried reading YY with her, and she had a hard time with that, so we stopped. Recently though, we started reading TOM together and now she is ready. The Ruach HaQodesh has been working in her and she thirst for the truth, and she has a much easier time understanding it now. So, it is all a matter of it the person is ready for it. Unfortunantly, most never will be.

I printed the whole TOM for my mom, I just hope she is ready for it. Though, I don't think she has even read the first word yet.
Offline Devildog  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 5:11:13 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I think all of us can relate to your words brother. The ones I loved the most couldn't be reached, and it bothered me for some time. I realized that Yahuweh was guiding me, instructing and teaching me along my very young journey with Him. I learned why God hates ALL religions and saw that the victims of each of them all reacted the exact same way. I also learned something very important-I don't matter. Sure, I could staple Daniel 9 on someones forehead, but that does no good unless THEY are willing. "Willing" is the crucial word here. It can be terribly saddening.
Offline Jeannie  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 6:28:00 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

DD, you are so right!! you gota wana!! Sometimes I am just blown away like today. I spent 2 hours talking to a woman about YY and the first thing she said was I will take the weekend to fast and pray and then I'll start reading on Monday!!! If everyone had that attitude!!! There is no cheap way of doing this but it's money well spent!!
It's costing me very little compared to what it has cost and is costing Yada and KP!! THANKS GUYS!!!
Jeannie
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 7:19:46 PM(UTC)
bitnet

DD, I have a laser printer and I print on both sides to save paper and thickness. In Commonwealth countries, A4 paper (8.25" X 11.75") is sized a little differently from the ones than the US letter-size (8.5" X 11.0"). Then I take it to the bookstore for comb-binding. If it is too thick it will be in two volumes. Lately I just use a double-hole puncher and stack the whole book into a 3-inch arch-file ring folder. What's my net cost? A lot less than US$12.95 but I'm not really counting... I should, to be more effective at managing my expenses for this but as long as it is affordable it is my "tithe."

Any other ideas? I thought of printing FH's Foreword, Epilogue and Appendices into a small booklet... with the actual page numbers... and see what happens. That's a funny approach but I kinda like to "think outa da box" and this is one heckuva teaser with all the key points intact but all body text missing! I can imagine what those remaining during the Trib reading this booklet will be saying, "What the #@^&!? Where is the rest of the info?" But the Prophetic Chronology Chart will be their best guide... not out of trouble but enough to make them start wanting to find out how to repent and turn to Yahweh as in the Epilogue. It it works then, it might work now... hence the idea. Any feedback, KP?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 8:05:21 PM(UTC)
Yada

Icy - I just put in an announcement in a local magazine for a TOM Sabbath Study Group that I would like to form. Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions as to how to actually conduct a class?

Thanks.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:54:55 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Yada, that is actually a great idea. I wouldn't mind doing one of those myself. I'm not really a teacher myself, so I don't know all the best techniques or anything. But, I will tell you that people like to have something to look at (powerpoint is great) and something to do (outlines with blanks to fill in) while you are teaching them. I like alot of discussion, but when I tried to teach FH there was very little of that, and it frustrated me.

The nice thing about TOM is that it is already pretty much broken up into subjects for you. You probably don't need to hit every single mitzvah, but you should hit the subjects and perhaps cover all the things discussed in each one. Take your time, make it easy to understand, and have fun.

When you teach a lesson, remember to first start by telling them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.
Offline VaBlueRidge  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:37:33 AM(UTC)
VaBlueRidge

Re: Post on Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:30:39 AM
Yada wrote:
I found this software on-line called "Blub." I have not used it yet but apparently after formatting the text, you can then have it published. 20 - 40 softcover copies start at $12.95. (Pricing and shipping information is here.)

I would love to get something like this done as the large binders I carry around with me are a bit cumbersome.

Has anyone else found similar software (or a printing service)?

Have you looked at Lightning Source: Print on Demand Publisher
They offer the following benenfits:

You submit your electronic pdf file to them and they handle everything else.

They list the book in the catalogs of the world's largest distribution channel of wholesalers, retailers and booksellers, and then it's a simple matter for the publisher to list it on Amazon. Then those of us who want the books in printed format can order them from Amazon.

Lightning Source handles all aspects of order management including receipt of payment, printing, fulfillment, and paying the publisher for the books that have been purchased each month, so it would not require much time for Yada & KP.

Copyright and sales price are set by the publisher (Yada & KP respectively) so the books could be sold at or near cost which should put the per copy price around $5 and still provide a small profit to go towards recovery of the initial setup fee.

And as far as I can tell there is nothing to prevent the same pdf from being available for free as it currently is online since Lightening Source does not own the copywrite for the published version.

It is print on demand, so there are no minimum order quantities, nothing to warehouse or inventory, and the book would always be in print. When an updated version is ready, just upload a new pdf and pay the setup costs (see below) and it is ready to go.

More information on using Lightning Source as a POD Publisher is available on the following website:
Examples of POD Costs

In general, there would be a "small" setup cost that varies on the number of pages, size of book, and type of binding.
If the larger books like Yada Yahweh were published in volumes of about 400-500 pages, then the setup cost would be something like $300-$500 for each volume.

I would gladly spend $5 per volume to get these books in printed format although I would recommend publishing 'Questioning Paul' and perhaps 'Prophet of Doom' first.

Publishing of 'Yada Yahweh', 'Owners Manual', 'Future History' and the other books would probably be better AFTER the quotes and commentary about 'Paul says...' are removed. I for one have no interest in reading anything written by the false apostle Paul, so I would prefer to purchase these books in print once they have been cleansed of his words.
Yahuwah bless thee, and keep thee:
Yahuwah make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Yahuwah lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26)
Offline RidesWithYah  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:27:55 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thanks for bumping this thread, I missed it...

I use the option to format prints with 2 pages per page, then duplex -- so I get four "pages" on one sheet. A little small, but really not too bad. I print on 3-holed paper, and pop in binders. All of YY in one manageable size.

If anyone needs a printed version, and can't afford to print it themselves, send me a PM. I have a business class printer at home, significant discounts on toner, and buy paper by the case. If you're really stuck, I'll even pay shipping.

In His Love.
Offline Matthew  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:03:17 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Nice recommendation regarding Lightning Source. It would be nice to have a hard (or paperback) copy of the books and I would be willing to buy them. I printed out TOM Vol.1 doubled sided and printed POD two pages per page and double sided.

VaBlueRidge wrote:
Publishing of 'Yada Yahweh', 'Owners Manual', 'Future History' and the other books would probably be better AFTER the quotes and commentary about 'Paul says...' are removed. I for one have no interest in reading anything written by the false apostle Paul, so I would prefer to purchase these books in print once they have been cleansed of his words.

I don't see KP editing his books, I don't think he's rejected Paul's writings, or at least not since I last spoke to him concerning the subject a few months ago.