logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Quester  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 11:27:18 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

(To echo Walt's thread, "Is the Ruach Qodesh actually active in individuals lives?" -- which can be found in the Fellowship topic:)

Does anyone here on the forum have an actual relationship with YHWH (Yahweh / Yahuweh / Yahuwah / Yahu'ah)??

Experiencing him in ways that go beyond simply reading about him?
Experiencing him in ways that go beyond simply observing the Mosaic Law?

Or is this concept of an actual relationship also just a christian religious myth?

And on a more personal note:

If I am wrong to think that having an intimate relationship with YHWH is the whole point of life on earth, then (obviously) I will need to go back and re-think a lot of my experiences. If following the laws that were given to the ancient Hebrews (in his covenant with them) is the only "correct" path to a relationship with him (even after the "Messiah," and as a "Gentile"), then I'll need to go back and re-think a lot of my experiences.

I'm not saying that my experiences are my proof that such is not the case. I'm just being honest here: that if I am to conclude differently (than I have in the past), I will need to do a serious re-think!!

Looking forward to your responses.

Q

Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:03:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Quester  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:26:58 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Quester wrote:
If I am wrong to think that having an intimate relationship with YHWH is the whole point of life on earth, then (obviously) I will need to go back and re-think a lot of my experiences. If following the laws that were given to the ancient Hebrews (in his covenant with them) is the only "correct" path to a relationship with him (even after the "Messiah," and as a "Gentile"), then I'll need to go back and re-think a lot of my experiences.

From 2 Kings 23: "Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to Yahweh as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses."

Such a statement (especially considering the context of what Josiah did just before the statement is made) seems to imply that destroying idols and desecrating altars is evidence of having turned all of one's heart and soul and strength to Yahweh -- and away from other gods, apparently.

Which doesn't seem like anything close to an intimate relationship. It seems more like a distant relationship, that is based on outwardly observing commandments (that were given to ancestors), and perhaps also demonstrating loyalty to the "One God" by utterly smashing the other "gods" -- which weren't even gods at all, but just stupid decorated-wooden-poles and stones and such. But if people's hearts were turning away from the "One True God," and towards those stupid man-made idols, then I can see how it would be such a big deal to destroy them.

Still seems distant, though.

As I said in another thread ("Picking and Choosing" in the Torah topic):

Quester wrote:
Like so many others, as a "Gentile," I'm a little confused about what application the Mosaic Law (that was given to another people group, as a covenant with them, not me -- I never signed up for that covenant, and my forefathers weren't among those who agreed to it!!) -- what application it has to me personally.

If we are supposed to follow "the letter" of the Mosaic Law, as (at least) some on this forum seem to believe, then I have to say, "that seems disappointing."

Q
Offline RidesWithYah  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:57:35 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Sorry I didn't see this before. Relied too heavily on the "recent posts" info at the bottom of the menu...

I am not a believer in coincidences.
Looking back, there have been many times in my life when I've seen His hand at work.
Like when my wife and I found each other. (He put us together, there is no other explanation.)
When I was unemployed, with three kids, and a company had made me a job offer, but I really wanted another one to come through instead, and the phone range RIGHT after we said, "Let's just put it in His hands." (It really was like a movie scene.)
Like finding out that my estranged mother-in-law became involved in a Messianic group (she had been Catholic, then Baptist), right about the time I found YY and started keeping the feasts.
Then she found out her parents were Israelite survivors of Dachau.
And a thousand more little things, more frequently recently.

So, yes.
And I'm a believer in observing Torah, also -- keeping what we can.
Still working on figuring out what exactly that means, and trying to balance the weightier matters (justice, mercy, and righteousness) with the smaller details (tithing my mint and cumin).

I wish you well in your search.
Keep sharing what you find.
Shalom.

Offline Royce  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:30:33 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester, are you asking if when we talk to Him does He talk back? I think having a relationship with Him is being what he tells us to be and there fore being His people. And there are times when we fast and pray that we can feel Him. I am new to learning and following the Feasts/Sabbaths other than the weekly one. I have always looked for the Truth with an honest heart though and I can say that once early on in my path I experienced something that made me stop and say wow, that was Him. It was something I asked for and I was willing to give up my own comfort for another person and at that instant this other person was OK and had no more issues. It taught me something as well about sacrifice. I happened to be in a fasting state when this took place.
Offline shalom82  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 12:46:18 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Torah Faithfulness is faithfulness to Yah. I don't understand what could be disappointing about that. The more faithful I am to YHWH's torah the closer I am to Him...when I drift from it I am not at peace with myself and usually not with others. I understand what you are saying...that a person can sit there and dryly do Torah down to the most miniscule and strict reading of it and be in fact an atheist....at least in some respects. It doesn't take a believer to eat according to the Torah or practice the ordinances that pertain to niddah....but the fact of the matter is that the bulk of Torah takes a person that believes YHWH and trusts in Him. Why would you do it if you didn't have that relationship. As far as it being distant...I have to believe that you are mistaking the word mundane for distant. Think about a relationship between a husband and wife. They eat together, make financial decisions together, they figure out how they will raise their children and maintain a house together. There are guidelines and norms that are set up so that they can have a healthy relationship. It's not all sex and romance and honeymoons. Taking out the trash and cooking daily meals is not the height of excitement but they are necessary parts of a normal and comfortable home life that is happy. Part of the function of Torah is so that YHWH may always be in front of us jazzing up that mundane part of life (spicing up the marriage if you will) There are things even in our mundane relationships that we must abide by. My wife is allergic to pepper....so I don't cook with it, my husband is allergic to woolite so I don't wash laundry with it. My wife likes to have a warm towel out of the shower on a cold morning, my husband likes to read hobby farm and the new issue is out. Part of the function of Torah is understanding that you are in a relationship with YHWH and because of that relationship you give Him his due respect, consideration, and affection....just as you would any other relationship. I don't see distance in the commands...even in the mundane there is intimacy. We get to understand the "heart" if you will of YHWH and His desires, His values, likes and dislikes, we learn about his sense of humor and His temper. He has given us everything in the Torah to have an intimate relationship with Him. What could be disappointing about that?
As far as the Gentile question goes....there was a mighty mixed multitude that accompanied Israel out of Egypt. The rabbis who have no advantage in giving such a number say that the number of goyim that joined to Israel was 2 times the amount of the sons of Jacob. The point is the Gentiles have always been accepted and represented in the covenant. We can go through the whole list of Gentiles that at a later time joined themselves to Israel and more importantly the covenant. Ruth and Obadyah come to mind as very quick examples. We should assume that until Ruth actually made her pledge, amekh ami: we'lohaikh Alohai, that though she was married to an Israeli, she was not a member of the Covenant. These are goyim coming into Covenant faithfulness what would make it different now?
I understand what you are saying to a point, that Torah when approached from a faulty or false approach can simply become a routine at best or a charade at the worst. But when put in it's proper context and it is observed and lived out it is a blessing and a joy to the utmost degree. And about your experiences, I don't think you are different from anyone else in that respect on this forum. We are all spoken to by our God in different ways. We are individuals coming from different experiences. It is my firm belief that YHWH does not close the door on anyone. It is not too late until it's too late. I would wager that many of your experiences before coming to this fork in the road were completely legitimate and were beckoning and bringing you to a closer intimacy and understanding with and of YHWH. Some....however....were probably not. What is the measuring stick in any case? Torah. I have been guided and "spoken" to so many times when it comes to questions or problems. From the minute to the mammoth. It is intimate, and joyful, and painful and ecstatic, and laugh out loud funny and angering and terrifying and awesome and all the emotions that fill the spectrum....but Torah is my rule book and my guide rail and my assurance that I am not deceived and lost in the wilderness. I have cried both tears of sadness in my trangressions of His ways that are written in Torah and tears of joy in the realization of the greatness of His Torah (and all that it is not just a lawbook or guide to manners but as also as a master plan and grand design...tears in the observance of the Pesakh...profound happiness mixed with profound sorrow and tears of ecsatic joy at the sounding of the Shofars that rumble through your innards during the Fall Miqrym...can you tell me that is not intimate? I have also had tears at midnight Christmas eve services doing just about everything that He said he despises....not so intimate....in my view. I will stick to Torah. In a sense there is a "torah" if you willfor any religion. The catholic religion has its ways of doing things...what not to eat when not to eat it, how to give to the poor how to do this or that how to pray when to pray, what to pray, when to feast why to feast, days for venerations, days for abasement, how to venerate, who to venerate, this sacrament that sacrament. And most of it is phooey. Anyone who feels intimacy or feels like they are being spoken to is wrong....that is actually not true...unless they are being told that these practices are not pleasing to YHWH and are in some cases abominations and in other cases irritations to his patience then their experiences are mere sentiment....at best.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 5:22:24 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
The rabbis who have no advantage in giving such a number say that the number of goyim that joined to Israel was 2 times the amount of the sons of Jacob.

Very interesting point, with a lot of implications. I would *love* to be able to cite that... got a reference?
Thanks!
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:09:59 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Shalom, I like your analogy of a marriage.

The Towrah, is there to facilitate a healthy and beneficial relationship. A spouse can sit there and mindlessly follow all the things that will make there spouse happy, and not love them, and the marriage is hollow and will fail, but also if one spouse loves the other, but completely ignores the other ones wishes the relationship is destined to fail.

Another great way to look at it is the Father/Child relationship. Dad has given us a lot of great advice to make our lives easier, why would we not want to follow it? That said He wants us to understand why they are beneficial, and know that He loves us, and that is why He is looking out for us.

So following and observing Towrah is not a replacement for a relationship, but rather a facilitator of the relationship. through coming to understand the Towrah we come to understand Yahuweh, and His plan.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 8:25:28 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Quester wrote:
Does anyone here on the forum have an actual relationship with YHWH (Yahweh / Yahuweh / Yahuwah / Yahu'ah)??

Yes.

Offline James  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:16:19 AM(UTC)
James
Man

flintface wrote:
Yes.

Your a man of few words, but succinctly put.

Great Answer. Wish I had thought of it. :)

Offline max  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:31:31 AM(UTC)
max

Isn't everyone embued with a conscience related to Yah? While we are not His Chosen aren't we His Adopted? As an adopted child of Yah I want to do everything I can to please my Father. He has shown me more love than I could ever possilby return. So I will set my feet on His Path (festivals) because there is no other path to Him. And I will follow His rules (torah), as best I can, and ask His forgiveness for those I don't, so I can live with Him, in His house.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:55:30 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

I can't say that I feel anything. All that I do know is that all the religious stuff I grew up with, (christian, kjv protestant, fundamentalist), seems so alien and intolerable. I bristle at the mithraic traditions and want to expose them. Kinda discouraging though as most don't/won't understand/believe.
I might also add that Yah's word matters and before it didn't really matter all that much. Perhaps because the kjv version was/is so confusing.
Also, I'm thoroughly disgusted with the current world system and look forward to it's demise. I figure if I wasn't Yahudi, these things would be irrelevant/not an issue.
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Daniel  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:39:37 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Heretic Steve wrote:
I can't say that I feel anything.

For me, there has not been much of a "feeling" regarding a relationship, but there have been "feelings".

To whit:

1) The Theology of the Three Doors has been liberating. The sadistic, capricious, Christian God has been replaced with the loving, rational and just god of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. As a combat veteran, this has had a huge impact upon my worldview.

b) The confusing mental and linguistic gymnastics required by Protestant-neoCalvinistic-Trinitarian-Reformed-Evangelical-borderlineCharismatic-Bapstiterian-ism have been replaced by a "simple" (yet at the same time deep) formula for just doing what YHWH asks those who love Him to do. No need to ignore the "Old Testament" and explain it away with Paul's letters. Just read it, think about it and do what it says, as best you can.

III) My family and I now attend Messianic Synagogue's (Easy, there, Richard and Walt! They are not perfect, but these congregations are at least trying to get it right. Some are better than others!) I often weep when we pray the same prayers that MessiYah and the disciples prayed, when we affirm (whilst pointing to the scroll) that "this is the Torah that You gave to Moses..", and when the scrolls are marched around the auditorium each month, when the Aaronic blessing is given, when the children are blessed, when we celebrate the feasts, etc, etc, etc. These are awe-full feelings.

The congregation that we attend in Atlanta is the most racial/ethnically diverse group of people I have ever seen, anywhere. "Red and Yellow, Black and White, They are precious in His sight" Praise Yah! My buddy and I were wisecracking after Shabbat services that at the first part of the program (prayers and Torah reading) the body movement of the congregation is forwards and backwards (lotsa Jews doing the traditional bobbing ), then during the singing part, the body movement switches over to side-to-side (lotsa black folks, they get the rest of us 'swaying').

D) I often ask for forgiveness for the 40 years of attempting to serve Him in the Christo-Pagan way that I was taught. I know He has forgiven me, but I still feel "bad" about it, sometimes.

So, it seems that there are some "feelings" surrounding this relationship after all!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Richard  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:05:30 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Daniel wrote:
No need to ignore the "Old Testament" and explain it away with Paul's letters. Just read it, think about it and do what it says, as best you can.

That pretty much sums it up as well as anything I've ever read, Daniel. I like it!
Offline tagim  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:08:14 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

What do you say, Flint, we just take your quote of Danial's last, put it into the QP thread, and just read the red print? Would that solve the problem?
Offline Richard  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:49:28 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

tagim wrote:
What do you say, Flint, we just take your quote of Danial's last, put it into the QP thread, and just read the red print? Would that solve the problem?

I am not sure I understand what you're asking me or what is the problem is to which you're referring. Please provide clarification if you would. Thanks!
Offline Walt  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 5:51:03 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Daniel wrote:

III) My family and I now attend Messianic Synagogue's (Easy, there, Richard and Walt! They are not perfect, but these congregations are at least trying to get it right. Some are better than others!) I often weep when we pray the same prayers that MessiYah and the disciples prayed, when we affirm (whilst pointing to the scroll) that "this is the Torah that You gave to Moses..", and when the scrolls are marched around the auditorium each month, when the Aaronic blessing is given, when the children are blessed, when we celebrate the feasts, etc, etc, etc. These are awe-full feelings.

Hey, I'm not against Messianic congregations in general - at least they value Torah, Shabbat and God's revealed names - they are worlds apart from christian churches that are sooo corrupt that any Truth is unrecognizable.
I've had bad luck with what I've been to (like telling us my wife MUST wear a dress or skirt or we're not welcome) but I hope that changes with the new fellowships I'm going to try.

I'm not looking for people that have it all correct - I'm looking for seekers of TRUTH that are willing to examine and discuss, and aren't so chained to traditions of men they can't respond when Truth is revealed.
Offline Daniel  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 6:08:25 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Walt wrote:
(like telling us my wife MUST wear a dress or skirt or we're not welcome)

Lotsa my christian friends say that Messianic's are legalistic, and some are, but the leader of one congregation we attended was able to make a case for Judas going to heaven.

(He said that he wasn't sure about it, but wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. I'll bet that John will still be p1ss3d at him, though...)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

Offline James  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 7:15:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Daniel wrote:
Lotsa my christian friends say that Messianic's are legalistic, and some are, but the leader of one congregation we attended was able to make a case for Judas going to heaven.

(He said that he wasn't sure about it, but wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. I'll bet that John will still be p1ss3d at him, though...)

I would be interested in hearing his reasoning. You should post it on the forum.

Offline cgb2  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 7:21:22 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Walt wrote:
....I've had bad luck with what I've been to (like telling us my wife MUST wear a dress or skirt or we're not welcome) but I hope that changes with the new fellowships I'm going to try....

> Dress or Skirt
What no Pualine head covering required too? The angels dontcha know :^)
Offline Daniel  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 10:36:50 AM(UTC)
Daniel

James wrote:
I would be interested in hearing his reasoning [for Judas not ending up in H-E-Double-Toothpicks]. You should post it on the forum.

He posited that "the devil made him do it", but when the devil was done with him, perhaps Judas was repentant. Maybe Judas asked for forgiveness and was forgiven, but still felt really bad about it and gave himself a necktie-party.

Of course this was prefixed and suffixed with all kinds of disclaimers...

Either way, we will find out the truth of what happened in a few years.
Nehemiah wrote:

Offline tagim  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:43:54 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Sorry, Flint, for being so obscure. At this point I am incapable of copying and pasting, etc., to properly set up what I hope to. What I meant, was where you posted a part of Daniel's post, where he talked about utilizing the OT to avoid the problems of Paul, and said "I like it," and I said to read the red, meaning the red print in the NT, in addition, thinking that would effectively bypass Paul. As QP is also now way over the top for me, as it presents a grave problem in my personal life. My son is a Calvary Chapel pastor with a very large assembly, sits on the boards of numerous CC congregations, has ministries in foreign countries, and in general does a lot of decent social work in those places. As with others, I, too, have waffled with Paul. A resolution would indeed be helpful. My explanation again may be vague, and again I apologize. I need to learn how to move text and other references about for more clarity.
Offline Richard  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 3:39:17 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

tagim wrote:
My son is a Calvary Chapel pastor with a very large assembly, sits on the boards of numerous CC congregations, has ministries in foreign countries, and in general does a lot of decent social work in those places.

I know that it breaks your heart about your boy, as it would mine, because he seems to be a perfect fit for the group which Yahushua described in Matthew 7:22,23:

Matthew 7:22,23 wrote:
"Many shall say to Me in that day, 'Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?'

"And then I shall declare to them, 'I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!' "

But even more damning is the fact that Christian ministers are promoting "lifeless and worthless deceptions, devastating and destructive falsehoods", which Yahuwah has promised us He will not forgive.

As for Paul, I will be the first to admit that many of the passage comparisons used to "prove" he contradicts Scripture are contrived and silly. The one who is accusing Paul makes himself just as guilty of twisting and perverting the truth as the one he accuses! But for all that, I am still convinced that Paul was not commissioned in a secret ceremony by Yahushua. I am persuaded that He Who holds the keys of death and the grave would not have disrespected His faithful Eleven by leaving them out of that loop. He who refused to hide from Abraham what He was considering doing with Sodom and Gomorrah would not have hidden so significant an event from those He had chosen to walk with Him while He lived among us.

We have only Paul's word for his "conversion and commissioning" experience. That isn't enough for me.

PM me and let me know exactly what kinds of problems you're having with copying and pasting. Maybe I can help.

Offline cgb2  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
cgb2

When I read the below...I say, why wait :^)
Jer 16:15 but, ‘יהוה lives who brought up the children of Yisra’ĕl from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had driven them.’ For I shall bring them back into their land I gave to their fathers.
Jer 16:16 “See, I am sending for many fishermen,” declares יהוה, “and they shall fish them. And after that I shall send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
Jer 16:17 “For My eyes are on all their ways; they have not been hidden from My face, nor has their crookedness been hidden from My eyes.
Jer 16:18 “And first I shall repay double for their crookedness and their sin, because they have defiled My land with the dead bodies of their disgusting matters, and have filled My inheritance with their abominations.”
Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.”1 Footnote: 1See Ps. 147:19, Isa. 2:3, Isa. 60:2-3, John 4:22, Rom. 2:20, Rom. 3:2, Rom. 9:4.
Jer 16:20 Would a man make mighty ones for himself, which are not mighty ones?
Jer 16:21 “Therefore see, I am causing them to know, this time I cause them to know My hand and My might. And they shall know that My Name is יהוה!”

In verse 20 I suppose those "mighty ones" could include clergy and politicians.

Then when I read prophecies concerning the millenial temple (Ezekial, Revelation, Jeremiah?, Isaiah?) I note there are 12 gates for the 12 tribes of Isreal (and those of us wild olive branches grafted in, Foreigners, Sojourners). The dispensational doctrine of a different covenant with the church is pure rubbish!
Offline cgb2  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:48:49 AM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:
I am persuaded that He Who holds the keys of death and the grave would not have disrespected His faithful Eleven by leaving them out of that loop.

Little nit there too. If Acts is reliable then there was still 12. I surmise both Justus, and Mattithyahu (another Matthew?) were insiders, who had also seen/witnessed/followed Yahushua from early on, were not of the original 12...yet (replacing Judas).

ISR 1998
Act 1:23 And they put forward two: Yosĕph called Barsabba, who was also called Justus, and Mattithyahu.
Act 1:24 And praying they said, “You, יהוה, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two You have chosen
Act 1:25 to receive the share in this service and office of the emissary from which Yehuḏah by transgression fell, to go to his own place.”
Act 1:26 And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Mattithyahu. And he was numbered with the eleven emissaries.

KJV
Act 1:23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
Act 1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
Act 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
Act 1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
Offline bonbon  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:18:32 AM(UTC)
bonbon

My knee-jerk reaction: "kinda hard not to have a relationship when His breath of life contains us." But, then, we have choice to turn from that, don't we? When we draw near to him that "life force" should become evident, at least, from time to time. Interesting stuff just "happens" since I began to follow the set-apart ways: keeping Sabbath and the feast days.

Though I am female and emotional I've never dabbled in many "goose-bumps" adventure from spirituality or any other type of sensation. But sundown on the Sabbath brings some very interesting "stuff". One Sabbath, while attending my usual affairs I had this overwhelming sense of awe regarding the sunset. I was not honed in on the fact that it was sundown. Mind you, I'm a newbie with all this. Anyhoo, I felt a pull distracting me from my busy frame of mind and was urged to look at the sunset as if someone important tapped me on the shoulder and caught my attention. I was overwhelmed with peace and a substance I cannot accurately describe. When I viewed the horizon of the sunset I sensed a tremendous amount of power that was not readily identifiable nor containable, but I knew it was there and I knew it was a result of the set-apart ... moment? Other situations pertaining to the "power" of sunset on Sabbath have occurred - usually in a similar surprising fashion.

Last night, again, I was tending to my business. I have no rituals for Sabbath other than resting, putting off as many routine chores and work as possible, studying Scriptures or enjoying fellowship with Yahudim. I was in my kitchen preparing Sabbath treats for my precious children. I said an impromptu "Shabbat Shalom" to my first born child as I handed him his treat. A great sense of awe and beauty flooded my entire being, an overwhelming sense of gratitude flooded my soul, my knees became weak and tears welled up in my eyes. I struggled to maintain my composure as I handed my second child her treat. "Shabbat Shalom, beloved." I told her and the same thing happened only my resolve was weaker and I caved to the pressure of this forced change in my demeanor that was not a result of my own thinking or external influence creating an emotional catharsis. Reminded of past incidences, I quickly looked out the window to see what time it was. Sure enough, it sundown. The sun was in the same position as it always is when this occurs. This never happened before I made a decision to follow Yahuweh's set-apart plan.

I'm fairly certain Yahuweh is connecting with me in those times or I am entering into His realm with his permission. I'd venture to say we have a relationship!

Offline Noel  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:47:59 AM(UTC)
Noel

bonbon.

We had tears in our eyes when we read that.

Lovely.

Noel
Offline Noel  
#27 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 2:46:21 AM(UTC)
Noel

Daniel said
b) The confusing mental and linguistic gymnastics required by Protestant-neoCalvinistic-Trinitarian-Reformed-Evangelical-borderlineCharismatic-Bapstiterian-ism have been replaced by a "simple" (yet at the same time deep) formula for just doing what YHWH asks those who love Him to do. No need to ignore the "Old Testament" and explain it away with Paul's letters. Just read it, think about it and do what it says, as best you can.

I think this is one of the most sensible things I have heard recently.
Offline VinceB.  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 8:28:38 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Good stuff bonbon.

I agree Noel, I like the things said by Daniel as well...more and more to me, it just seems if we do those things He wants us to know and experience Him by He'll be very pleased to give us even more - and it just builds from there until, alas, Feast of Sukkot with Him forever...
HWHY