logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline anawah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:22:12 PM(UTC)
anawah

Is Yada Yahweh part of the Hebrew Roots movement ? I am studying yadayahwe and my husband and I are in conflict over its pages... so while I am reading yada yahweh to him he is on his laptop beside me doing some searchs of his own in accordance to what I read to him ... He came across the Hebrew Roots Movement which sounds pretty much exactly the same as YadaYahwehs message.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:55:57 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

the short answer is no

Offline James  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:41:05 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Yada Yahweh really isn't associated with any movement, or group. From what I have read of the Hebrew roots movement, which isn't much, there are a few things I think they get right, but by in large I disagree with them. I don't know if Yada, the author of Yada Yahweh, has even heard of it.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:51:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Personally I hate when people try and lump me in a group, labeling is just a way of dismissing, "there's no need to worry about what he says he just one of those ..."
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:25:02 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome back sirgodfrey, and welcome to the forum anawah!

I think members of this forum try stay away from labels since they can be very misleading. Even within the Messianic community there are vast differences in beliefs, i.e. the Hebrew Roots movement, the Two House movement, Messianic Judaism, etc. Yada Yahweh, though more just a name of the book Yada wrote, is very independent.
Offline danshelper  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:29:29 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Welcome anawah,

My route out of Christianity went through the Hebrew Roots movement. I found some useful teaching, but also found that most groups held on to a degree of tradition, whether Jewish (rabbinic) or Christian (syncretism).

It's a blessing that you and your husband are studying together - even if there is conflict! As a long-time married woman, I would just encourage you to be careful to respect your husband and his spiritual journey. This is especially important if it is not in the same direction or at the same pace as yours. I have found that outside of physical love, respect is the way I most meaningfully express love for my husband. YHWH bless you both as you continue to learn.
Offline anawah  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 6:27:17 AM(UTC)
anawah

Thank you for all the replys. I passed away in october of 2003 and had a near death exprience involving a voice that spoke of christ .. to me. I was given a new name which is anawah but my mother named me Dana .. I like what I see on this site : ) .. and realize my husband has been a christian since he was 5 .. I have believed in my heart since 2003 been convicted on yahweh and yahushua : ) ... nice to meet everyone. My husband is looking at what I am looking at , he is kind and does believe as well that Islam .. well you know .. is dangerous and a possible end times scenerio. I believe it is the end times scenerio but pray all the time I am wrong ..
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:43:18 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Who is "touch" and what's the story on those odd postings? Hmmm.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I too am offended when someone tries to drop me into a particular jar. Everyone who does that is a prisoner to religious thought, in my opinion, and will end up on the wrong side of the truth ninety-nine times out of a hundred. It can't be helped. The lens of their microscope is too filthy to produce a clear image for them.

Welcome to the forums!

Peace.