logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cyn  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 5:18:12 AM(UTC)
Cyn

Shalom all

So i've been talking with a evangelic pastor, who i shall leave unnamed, about YY and the inerrancy of what he calls scripture.
To make a long story short he accused YY of "taking verses out of context" and "conflicting the sciptures as a whole" while "agreeing with certain points".
He then FORBADE me to talk with other christians about this because he feels it creates more confusion than clarity, but that he was ready "up to a certain point" to discuss those matters with me.

Now is it just me?

Have a nice day,
Ben
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 6:05:12 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think Robski can vouch for the same thing happening to him and Juski.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 6:28:43 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Its true - The same boot that kicked Swalchy kicked us too lol - that's pretty much word for word what they said... lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 8:25:44 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
He then FORBADE me to talk with other christians about this because he feels it creates more confusion than clarity...

Religion is simple. Truth is complex.
Submission is simple. Freedom is complicated.
Thinking outside the box is only bad if Yahweh made the box.
Deal with it.

Hang in there, Ben. Speak the truth with love.

kp
Offline Bridget  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 9:26:18 AM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow, forbid you to talk to other 'Christians'.

That's incredible. Anything to keep the money coming to his 'church', I imagine.

That's downright evil sounding to me.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 12:04:37 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Cyn wrote:
So i've been talking with a evangelic pastor, who i shall leave unnamed, about YY and the inerrancy of what he calls scripture.
To make a long story short he accused YY of "taking verses out of context" and "conflicting the sciptures as a whole" while "agreeing with certain points".

Did he bother to give any examples of this, seeing as there really aren't any, as Yada goes way out of his way to make sure that he doesn't, I would suggest you tell him that a generalization is only valid when it is backed up by examples.

Cyn wrote:
He then FORBADE me to talk with other christians about this because he feels it creates more confusion than clarity, but that he was ready "up to a certain point" to discuss those matters with me.

The very fact that he thinks he has the power or authority to forbade you tells me that this guy is a lost cause, I wouldn't waste my time with him if I where you. Instead I would do exactly the opposite, and bring up what you know with anyone at the church, anytime you can. Or if you really want to be mischievous about, call him out in front of everyone when he says something errant during his sermon, it will probably get you kicked out, but maybe someone listening will realize that he he is full of s**t.

Ken wrote:
Religion is simple. Truth is complex.
Submission is simple. Freedom is complicated.
Thinking outside the box is only bad if Yahweh made the box.

Right on Ken. It's too bad simple is the way of man.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline sirgodfrey  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 7:01:26 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Ahhh... so refreshing. People getting heat for speaking what is true. Ahhhh.... so refreshing.
Offline Cyn  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 11:53:33 AM(UTC)
Cyn

thanks for your answers, i hope all of this will end well...

anyways he has not answered to my last mail and since i am quite busy atm this is about as far as it will go for some time
Offline edStueart  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:40:47 AM(UTC)
edStueart

I found this document today, and it looks pretty good for the purposes of reaching our christian friends:

Quote:
Divine Law

Yahweh's Law
1. Introduction
Faith in the Almighty and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua the Messiah) is the very first step in the process of salvation. Stewarton Bible School has taught this basic fact for many years. We also teach the necessity of obedience to God's law. We teach the importance of obedience because millions of believers assume that Jehovah's (Yahweh's) law became obsolete at the Saviour's death at Calvary and that there is no longer any need to keep it. This is a dangerous error, a deadly delusion. The scriptural quotations in this file are given to show how important are the commandments of the Most High. The list is by no means complete: but from the texts given the honest seeker of truth will soon see that disobedience is a very dangerous pastime. Several New Testament verses are included to show that even at the very close of this dispensation, the true church will be 'keeping the commandments of God.'
Not Under Law / But Under Grace
Millions of Christians idly boast that they are 'not under the law' but 'under grace.' This state, they incorrectly assume, allows them to break certain commandments of God. An increasing number even go so far as to justify homosexuality, fornication, adultery, idolatry and the eating of swine's flesh; actions all forbidden in the Bible. They believe that 'grace' has placed them 'above the law!' Is this what the Bible teaches? Have these believers understood the Bible correctly? Are believers now allowed to break God's commandments? Are homosexuals, adulterers, fornicators, idolaters and Sabbath-breakers sinning? Or do the divine commandments forbidding these things still stand? Let us find out.
2. Take Warning!
To begin with let me list a few verses from the Holy Bible which specifically deal with the law of Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel. I could list many, many more texts, but the sheer number would exhaust the reader. Therefore carefully consider the few listed below.
Yahweh's law is holy, just and good. To break it is sin.
Romans 7: 12: Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
1 John 3: 4: Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Obedience attracts divine blessing.
Deuteronomy 4: 40: Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.
Deuteronomy 13: 4: Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
1 Chronicles 22: 12: Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.
Psalm 1: 1: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2: But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalm 119: 1: Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Disobedience Attracts Divine Punishment
Leviticus 26: 15: And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
16: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
17: And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.
18: And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
Isaiah 5: 24: Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Ezekiel 18: 4: Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Amos 2: 4: Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the LORD, and have not kept his commandments.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse
Leviticus 5: 17: And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.
Yahweh's law is the main tool He uses to bring about a conversion
Psalm 19: 7: The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8: The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Yahweh's law is eternal
Psa 111: 7: The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
8: They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
Matthew 5: 17: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20: For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Solomon taught obedience
Ecclesiastes 12: 13: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Jesus taught obedience
Matthew 19: 17: And he (JESUS) said unto him ... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
The Apostles taught obedience
1 Corinthians 7: 19: Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,
but the keeping of the commandments of God.
The Last Day church will be obedient
Revelation 12: 17: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 14: 12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

In view of these sobering texts, and we could bombard the reader with scores more, let all Christians beware of dismissing the law of the Most High as though it were of little account. On the great Day of Judgement there is going to be much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth: and the main reason will be because millions had treated with impunity the law of the Almighty God! So do not let some well-meaning but completely mistaken church leader delude you into thinking that your are 'above the law' of the Almighty God!
3. Multilevel Commandments
Yahweh's commandments are multilevel. This means that they are applicable on several levels: the physical, mental and the spiritual. When we examine the Almighty's laws we find that at their illustrative (physical) level, many are limited to periods of time we call 'ages' or 'dispensations.' When a dispensation or age expires, then the physical, instructional, ceremonial aspect of certain laws no longer applies. But the moral, high level lessons to which those laws point, continue for all time. That is why the scriptures teach that:
ALL God's commandments are sure,
they stand fast for ever and ever.
(Psalm 111:7)
In other words, the moral kernel of every divine commandment is eternal, everlasting! Let me explain this fact with the help of two examples.

1. The Law concerning Phylacteries
Phylacteries are prayer bands, amulets or small boxes worn on the forehead or arm containing extracts from Yahweh's law. (Exo.13:1-10, Deut 6:4-9; 11:13-21). At their lower level the wearing of phylacteries ceased to be obligatory in the Gospel dispensation. The Apostles didn't wear them. That is why we Christians do not wear phylacteries in this age. But at its high level this law is eternal. It points to a new covenant procedure when the Most High writes His commandments on the true believer's mind (forehead) and actions (right arm).
Hebrews 8: 10: For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.
2. The Laws concerning Animal Sacrifices
At their low level these laws called for the sacrifice of certain animals and birds (bulls, rams, lambs, he-goats and pigeons) to gain access to and pardon from God. These sacrifices ceased when the Saviour shed his life-blood for us at Calvary; though animal sacrifices continued for the Jews as long as the Temple stood. At their low level the sacrificial laws were instructional shadows and types. Whereas at their high level they all point to Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, who alone is able to cleanse the sinner from guilt and make it possible for him/her to gain access to God. In other words the low level instructional requirements of these laws (the sacrifice of animals) no longer applies: but the kernel of the commandment, the high level spiritual requirement is still in force. It demands that a sinner who seeks access to the Almighty must approach Him with faith in the blood of His Son, the true Lamb of God. This aspect of the sacrificial laws is eternal: it will never cease to be. It means that all through eternity, redeemed believers will approach the throne of the Almighty through the merits of the blood of Jesus Christ (Yeshua the Messiah).

4. Not Under Law, but Under Grace
What did the Apostle Paul mean when he wrote that a believer is 'Not under the law, but under grace?' Did he mean that a believer was at liberty to sin and break God's law? Obviously not; because elsewhere in his letters Paul advises believers to obey the law. What, then, did Paul mean? The answer is: he meant 'that a sinner who repents is no longer under the curse and death penalty of the law; but is under the grace and mercy of of God.' In other words, Being 'under grace' means to be a recipient of the Almighty's mercy. When a repentant sinner seeks mercy and pardon from the Holy One of Israel, the death penalty for sin is lifted from that person and he/she is placed 'under mercy,''under grace.' That person is 'no longer under the death penalty of the law' but is now 'under the grace of God.' That's what Paul meant.

In addition to this happy state, the Holy Spirit is imparted to the believer in order that he/she might live a life of obedience and holiness. In other words, sin (disobedience) is no longer allowed to have dominion over that believer, provided, of course, he/she wants to be obedient. Paul explains this in the following verses.
Romans 6: 14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

I repeat: Sin is disobedience. It is breaking Yahweh's law. (1 John 3:4) What Paul is asking here is: 'Shall we sin (disobey God) because we are under His grace? His answer is 'God forbid!' A stronger term could hardly be used. In other words a believer under grace is not above the law! Any solicitor will confirm this fact that: No one is above the law. If anything, a believer - being under grace - is under greater obligation to obey the law of God than the person who knows nothing about sin and salvation.
5. Summary

* Yahweh's law is holy, just and good.
* Sin is disobedience of God's law. Sin carries the death penalty and since all of us have sinned, we are all are under the death penalty of the law. Once we have accepted forgiveness and mercy, then we are no longer under the 'death penalty of the law;' but are now 'under grace.' But being 'under grace' doesn't mean we are free to sin. "God forbid!" says Paul.
* Obedience attracts blessing.
* Disobedience attracts punishment and cursing.
* Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
* Jesus, Solomon and all the Apostles taught obedience.
* Yahweh's law is perfect and an important tool in the conversion of souls.
* The Last Day church will be obedient.
* Yahweh's commandments are multilevel: and though some low level requirements, such as animal sacrifices, no longer apply, at their high level every commandment of the Most High is eternal.
* Being 'under grace' means to be a recipient of the Almighty's mercy. Being under grace is no excuse for continuing in sin. No one is above the law!

Those who ignore these facts do so at their peril.

The original article can be found here.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:00:08 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When I get the chance to discuss the Torah with Christians I like to use the metaphor of receiving a traffic fine. One gets handed a notice saying one has violated the rules of the road and now needs to pay up. What God does is He pays the fine for you; however, the traffic rules still remain the same and are still valid. It's logical!
Offline lassie1865  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 9:35:07 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

As a reply to "Divine Law" I would want to add regarding Yahweh's "grace" in the Tanach. If a person sinned "under the Law" the penalty was not automatically "death"; they could seek forgiveness, "grace", by offering a sacrifice through the priest. Grace is not something brand new. Paul does have a way of equating the Law with death, curses, being a burden, etc.
Offline issah  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 4:54:12 PM(UTC)
issah
Woman

I'm gearing up for a conversation/confrontation with an evangelical pastor, myself. Thank you for posting your experience; it's helping me prepare.
Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:36:29 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Welcome Issah, and have a great time here. As for your meeting with the pastor, I'd take a laid back approach and ask questions instead of trying to educate him/her. By asking, you put yourself in a better position as you won't have to do much explaining but he/she will have to justify why they follow a fairy tale instead of Scripture.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline carl39  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 5:26:12 AM(UTC)
carl39

I had the unfortunate encounter with a forum on seekgod.ca. Most horrible people I believe you would ever want to meet.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 6:47:49 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Hey welcome Carl :)
Offline J&M  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 8:04:41 AM(UTC)
J&M

We got thrown out of our first evangelic christian group in about 1982, it came as a bit of a shock, I had challenged the 'eldership' based on the difference between the Greek words 'presbuterios' and 'episcopalios' and asked them which they were. The 'old men' were administrators not ministers, they had the time and the wisdom to do the admin and control the common resources.

We then got thrown out of another fellowship 6 months later for pointing out that we should be seeking FIRST the Kingdom of YHWH and His Righteousness.

We had a bumpy ride for the next 20 years....

Yehoshua gave guidlines for talking to religious people when he sent the disciples out, "do not argue", if they do not want to listen, then move on.

We are not salesmen, people have free will, we can tell them the truths of YHWH, many will be called, but few will be chosen.

Our main duty is to live our lives according to Torah, and the Torah 'written upon our hearts' (by Mum). By this we will make the 'goyim' envious....

Torah is YHWH's Knowledge of Good and Evil, It is His Righteousness and it is infinitely superior to man's knowledge of good and evil which leads to religion.

Offline bigritchie  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 5:55:22 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Hello friends I thought I would comment on this as well.

My journey out of Babylon really began with my study of the occult (bear with me a sec I know this sounds weird).

I spent years studying the occult and satanism to minister to people involved and in my study of what is going on on planet earth. What really began to wake me up was a Satanist (And I mean real Satanist not some kid dressed in black) would tell me "Satan came to free us from the mean God of the Old Testament and his laws, the new law is now Do what thou wilt".

Needless to say that I was shaken to the core when it finally dawned on me that my religious guru's taught the exact same thing. When it boils down to it American christianity (and I know not all of them, I am speaking of the Religion) teaches that some fellow named "Jesus" came to abolish the law and we are now under grace to "Do what we wilt", or to do what your religious guru says is ok.

Quite frankly I have found pastors to be some of the most ignorant people I have ever met. And there is one big reason for this.

Their massive EGOS. Not to mention I am sure many of them realize the Renewed Covenant utterly condemns the very notion of a "Pastor" and one person leading a "Church" (a word that never occurs in the Scriptures anyways).

I think many pastors know deep down if their congregation is told the truth about say the Sabbath, that the entire deck of cards will come crashing down.

I personally believe that in many ways "Christianity" is the ultimate religion. It is one of the last layers of the onion of deception. It is a religion about the Scriptures, about Elohim, about Messiah Yahushua. But the religion attacks anyone who actually obeys the Creator or obeys the Messiah.

This religious system then keeps the Gentiles stupid and in pagan sun god worship, while causing Hebrews to reject Messiah. I will never forget the day it dawned upon me that Jews rejected Messiah because of ignorant christians like myself. Running around waving the cross of Tammuz and Ra, while telling them the Torah was abolished.

These preachers ego's refuse to let them believe "Christmas" or "Easter" is pagan, because some lay person could have never figured that out before they did.

I always joke: How do you spot a wolf in Sheep's clothing?

They are the ones wearing a 3 piece WOOL suit on sun god worship day, standing in front of the Cross of Tammuz/Ra/Odin/Mithra telling you that only bad christians obey "Jesus" and if you obey YHWH you are going to hell.

Not to say all pastors are bad. Many of them are good men and stuck in their religious systems. Many more have been run off by the churches or denominations for dare telling the truth.

I can remember as a child always being told "Aren't you glad you were born in America and not a Jewish or Muslim country", and I would always feel horrible because I felt lucky while other people were raised in their religions. Of course now I realize that the Babylonian Satanic Icecream is served all over planet earth, and the moment you start playing religion of any kind you are screwed.

I would say this advice though. It is not about the 1,000 people that turn red in the face when you dare say "obey the Messiah", it is about those one or two people, and watching that light go on in their eyes, and their lives are changed forever.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 12:31:15 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Bigritchie - that hit the nail on the head lol :)
Offline James  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:45:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Well stated Ritchie, you have a way with words. Welcome to the forum by the way.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline issah  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 3:38:05 AM(UTC)
issah
Woman

bitnet wrote:
Shalom,

Welcome Issah, and have a great time here. As for your meeting with the pastor, I'd take a laid back approach and ask questions instead of trying to educate him/her. By asking, you put yourself in a better position as you won't have to do much explaining but he/she will have to justify why they follow a fairy tale instead of Scripture.

Thanks bitnet! I'm still quite a rookie with YY, so it's going to be a good while before I'll be ready to stir the pot. I don't want to go into battle only half-armed. Thanks for the advice - that is the approach I'm planning.
Offline bigritchie  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 5:39:55 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Here are some things I use when dealing with Pastors and or Mainstream christians. (excuse the fake name in this but it is for people who have no idea "Jesus" is not the Messiah's name). A friend on another forum put this together and I find it very helpful and I thought I would share it.

WHAT IS SIN?

AV 1Jn 3:4 . Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

IF WE LOVE GOD, WHAT DOES HE WANT US TO DO?

AV Jn 14:15 . If ye love me, keep my commandments.

WHAT IS LOVE DEFINED BY SCRIPTURE?

AV 2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

HOW DO WE LOVE GOD, WHAT DOES LOVING GOD REALLY MEAN

AV 1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

WHAT IS THE WHOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF MAN

AV Ec 12:13 . Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

HOW IS KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS LOVE

AV Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

AV Mt 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

AV Mt 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

AV Mt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

HOW SHOULD WE FEEL ABOUT HIS COMMANDMENTS

AV Ps 1:2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

AV Ps 119:35 . Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

AV Pr 29:18 . Where [there is] no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy [is] he.

DID JESUS ABOLISH OR REMOVE ANY COMMANDMENT FROM HIS LAW AND WHAT HAPPENS IF WE TEACH AND ACT LIKE HE DID DO SUCH A THING

AV Mt 5:17 . Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fill up.

AV Mt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.(law and prophets)

AV Mt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

DID PAUL ABOLISH OR REMOVE ANY COMMANDMENT FROM HIS LAW

AV Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

HOW DID PAUL FEEL ABOUT THE LAW

AV Ro 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

DID PAUL FOLLOW AND TEACH THE LAW OF MOSES

Acts21:21-25 Then they said to Paul: "You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs…. Then everybody will know there is no truth in these reports about you (Paul), but that you yourself (Paul)are living in obedience to the law.

DID PAUL FOLLOW AND TEACH THE LAW OF CHRIST

AV Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

DID JESUS TEACH SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE FATHERS COMMANDMENTS, ARE JESUS AND THE FATHER THE SAME (IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LAW OF GOD AND THE LAW OF CHRIST)

AV Jn 10:30 I and my Father are one.

AV Jn 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

AV Jn 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND KEEP THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST

AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

DID JESUS STATE THAT RECEIVING THE SWORD OF TRUTH WOULD BRING PEACE

AV Mt 10:34-38 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

WHAT DOES THE SWORD DO TO PEOPLE

AV Lk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

AV Hb 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

WHAT DID JESUS STATE WOULD HAPPEN IF WE FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS AND WALK IN HIS PATH

AV Mk 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ENDURE

AV Re 14:12 Here is the endurance of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE KNOW HIM

AV 1Jn 2:3 . And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

AV 1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

AV 1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

SHOULD BELIEVERS DO WHAT IS RIGHT IN OUR OWN EYES AND FOLLOW AFTER OUR OWN HEART OR SHOULD WE JUST SIMPLY FOLLOW HIS COMMANDMENTS?

Deut12 8 “You shall not at all do as we are doing here today—every man doing whatever is right in his own eyes—

Ec11:9 9Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things.
Num15:39 Seek not after your own heart and your own eyes.

SHOULD WE BE CAREFUL NOT TO ADD OR TAKE AWAY FROM HIS COMMANDMENTS

AV Dt 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

AV Dt 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

SHOULD WE SERVE, WORSHIP, AND REMEMBER GOD IN THE SAME WAYS THAT FALSE GODS HAVE BEEN WORSHIPPED AND REMEMBERED

Dt 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? We will do the same." You must not worship the LORD your God in their way

Jer 10:2-4 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field are they, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot walk! Do not fear them, for they can do no harm, nor can they do any good."

Dt 12:4 You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.

WILL HE HAVE THE SAME COMMANDMENTS DURING HIS REIGN WHEN HE RETURNS

AV Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

AV Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

AV Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Re: Some Consise Notes

Postby jds6958 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:45 pm
CAN WE BE CORRUPTED OR SPOILED BY MAN'S PHILOSOPHY, TRADITIONS, AND PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD

AV Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

DID ABRAHAM ALREADY HAVE THE LAW AND COMMANDMENTS OR WAS THE LAW A NEW INVENTION AT MOUNT SINAI

AV Gn 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

ARE WE HEIRS OF ABRAHAM’S PROMISE IF WE ARE OF CHRIST

AV Ga 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

IF WE ARE HEIRS OF THE PROMISE OF ABRAHAM, ARE WE TO FOLLOW THE LAWS AND COMMANDMENTS LIKE ABRAHAM DID

AV Jn 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

WHAT IS FAITH

AV Hb 11:1 . Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

WHAT IS WORKS

AV Mt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

AV Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

IF LETTING OUR LIGHT SHINE IS GOOD WORKS WHICH EARNS OUR REWARDS/CROWNS, WHAT IS THE LIGHT THAT WE SHOW BEFORE MEN

AV Pr 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

WHO IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF HOW TO WALK IN THE LIGHT, YHWH’s COMMANDMENTS AND LAW, OUR WAY OF LIFE

AV Jn 8:12 . Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

WHY DID JESUS CONSIDER HIMSELF TO BE THE LIGHT

AV Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

SHOULD WE WALK AS JESUS WALKED AND FOLLOW THE WORD AS JESUS FOLLOWED THE WORD

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

HOW DO WE PERFECT OUR FAITH

AV Ja 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

AV Ja 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

AV Ja 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FAITH AND WORKS

AV Ja 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

AV Ja 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

HOW DO WE SHOW OUR FAITH

AV Ja 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR WORKS TO PLEASE GOD WITHOUT FAITH

AV Hb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

(Therefore, it is not possible to have faith without works, it is not possible to have faith and not want to be obedient, however, it is possible to have works without faith, but God will not accept it as works to Him, but works to the world. One's faith is evidenced by works and is a direct correlation. The greater one's faith, the greater one's works and obedience. Salvation is granted by faith through grace - which is evidence of God's love to us - Obedience is a result of our faith and evidenced by our faith - which is evidence of our love to God)

AFTER WE REALIZE THAT JESUS IS THE ONE WHAT DID JESUS SAY WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO DO TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

AV Mt 19:16 . And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

AV Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

WHAT DID JESUS STATE THAT WE ARE TO DO IN ORDER TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE TREE OF LIFE

AV Re 22:14 Blessed are they that do His (YHWH’s) commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

WHAT ARE YHWH’s COMMANDMENTS

Everything that YHWH commanded His people to do in all that is in scripture, from Genesis to Revelation.

ARE ANY PARTS OF THE LAW OR ANY COMMANDMENTS IN SCRIPTURE NOT HOLY, GOOD, OR JUST

AV Ro 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

IS THE PATH OR THE WAY OF LIFE (THE LIGHT/THE WORD) BROAD OR NARROW AND IS IT FEW OR MANY THAT FIND IT

AV Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

AV Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

ARE WE TO BE CAUTIOUS OF FALSE PROPHETS AND DO FALSE PROPHETS APPEAR LIKE BELIEVERS ON THE SURFACE

AV Mt 7:15 . Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

HOW WILL WE KNOW FALSE PROPHETS

AV Mt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

AV Mt 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

AV Mt 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

AV Mt 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

AV Mt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

WHAT IS GOOD FRUIT THAT BELIEVERS BRING FORTH

AV Jn 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

AV Jn 15:9 . As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

AV Jn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

WILL THERE BE PEOPLE THAT THOUGHT THEY WERE BRING FORTH GOOD FRUIT AND ACTUALLY WERE BRINGING FORTH CORRUPT FRUIT

AV Mt 7:21 . Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

AV Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

WHAT IS THE FATHER’S WILL AND WHAT IS INIQUITY

AV Lv 5:17 And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

HOW DO WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM AND ARE IN HIM

AV 1Jn 2:3 . And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

AV 1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

AV 1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

WHO REDEAMED US FROM INEQUITY SHOULD WE HAVE FAITH, COMMIT, TRUST AND BELIEVE AND HOW WILL WE ACT AND WHAT WILL WE BE IF WE ARE TRUELY HIS PEOPLE

AV Ti 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

AV Ti 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

WHEN THE MANY FALSE PROPHETS ARISE WHAT WILL HAPPEN

AV Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

AV Mt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

WILL THESE FALSE PROPHETS SPEAK OF GOD'S WAYS, THE WAY OF TRUTH, AS EVIL

AV 2Pt 2:1 . But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

AV 2Pt 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

IF INIQUITY IS SIN WHY DO PEOPLE LET THESE NUMEROUS FALSE PROPHETS CAUSE OTHERS AND THEMSELVESTO SIN

AV 2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

AV 2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

AV 2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

WHAT IS THE WAY OF TRUTH THAT WILL BE SPOKEN OF AS EVIL BY FALSE PROPHETS

AV Ps 119:142 . Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

AV Dn 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

AV Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

IF JESUS WAS THE WORD MADE FLESH AND THE LAW IS THE TRUTH, IS JESUS THE TRUTH
AV Jn 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

AV Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

AV Jn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

IF JESUS IS THE TRUTH, WHICH IS ALSO THE WORD AND LAW, WHAT IS THE LIFE AND THE WAY?

AV Pr 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

AV Pr 13:13 . Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

AV Pr 13:14 . The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

AV Pr 13:15 . Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.

IF JESUS IS THE LIGHT, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE, THE WAY, THAT WE SHOULD WALK DID PAUL ALSO BELIEVE THAT THE LAW AND PROPHETS WAS THE WAY

AV Ac 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of the Way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

AV Ac 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

AV Ac 19:23 And the same time there arose no small stir about the Way.

AV Ac 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

AV Ac 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the Way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND TO OTHERS WITH THE TRUTH

AV Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

AV Ti 2:15 . These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

AV 1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

AV Prov 9:8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.

AV Jude 1:3…contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

DO WE NEED MEN TO TEACH US HOW TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

WHAT IS THE LAW’S RELATIONSHIP TO BEARING FRUIT AND HOW WILL SINNERS FAIR IN THE JUDGMENT EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE CONGREGATION OF THE RIGHTEOUS?

AV Ps 1:1 . Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

AV Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

AV Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

AV Ps 1:4 . The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

AV Ps 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, NOR sinners IN the CONGREGATION of the RIGHTEOUS

AV Ps 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Offline Providential1611  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:43:09 AM(UTC)
Providential1611

So, since the position here is KEEPING the "law", whatever that means, I would like to know who is actually offering all the sacrifices REQUIRED by the "law"? And if some of you are not doing these things, you are not practicing what you preach.
Offline danshelper  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:13:06 AM(UTC)
danshelper

Hello Providential1611,
Just want to welcome you here. I've briefly read some of your other posts and the responses and just want to ask you to forgive communications from an unkind spirit. No one is happy to see unkindness in themselves. There truly is worthy scholarship here - I hope you will stay around awhile.

Not everyone here agrees with the conclusions of "Questioning Paul." So much truth is communicated through his writings, one of which we need to constantly consider: "knowledge puffs up, but love builds up" (Jeremiah 9:22-24 too).

I really like this description that another author (not from this website) has written:

Quote:
"We say that we are Torah observant, when we really mean we are Torah submissive.
There is no human capable of fully keeping Torah and the Covenant Will of the Father.
Perfect Torah observance is only found in the sacrifice of Yahushua Messiah where our
shortfall is covered by the blood of the Lamb that was slain for us.

Yahuweh had to become our salvation through the manifestation of Messiah, first
qualifying as an heir, and second, dying to become the seed of Abraham. Thus, able to
pass on the inheritance promised to Abraham.

If we really believe that Yahushua is the Word made flesh (Cf. Jn. 1:14), the Living
Torah, why not openly express that great truth? It is troubling because true unity is never
found under a claim of Torah observance, and not even Torah submissiveness. True
unity is always subject to the person and work of Messiah as the Living Torah.
Even the
smallest congregation, where two or three are gathered in His Name, will find its unity
in Him, but base it on Torah observance without the blood of the Lamb, and it falls
apart."

Torah submissive out of overwhelming love and gratitude for the living Torah's perfect observance of Torah on our behalf. YHWH bless you.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:33:07 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

We are asked to observe Torah.

Quote:

ob·serve   [uhb-zurv] Show IPA verb,-served, -serv·ing.
–verb (used with object)

1. to see, watch, perceive, or notice: He observed the passersby in the street.
2. to regard with attention, esp. so as to see or learn something: I want you to observe her reaction to the judge's question.
3. to watch, view, or note for a scientific, official, or other special purpose: to observe an eclipse.
4. to state by way of comment; remark: He observed frequently that clerks were not as courteous as they used to be.
5. to keep or maintain in one's action, conduct, etc.: You must observe quiet.
6. to obey, comply with, or conform to: to observe laws.
7. to show regard for by some appropriate procedure, ceremony, etc.: to observe Palm Sunday.
8. to perform duly or solemnize (ceremonies, rites, etc.).
9. to note or inspect closely for an omen or sign of future events.

As you can see the primary definition in English is kind of squashed by the word "Law". The word "Torah" imply more precepts and instructions rather than law - YHWH is more interested in us seeking and finding than strictly following a "law" - which when followed like that dosen't really gain you anything.

The phrase should really be "Understand and respect my precepts and instructions that will bless you and tell you about what I have done, what I am doing, and what I will do and who I am." Or even maybe - "I am Dad, you are my kids - these are my house rules, I know best." lol
Offline RidesWithYah  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:01:11 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

im meeting with the pastor of my former (wife's current) sunday church tonite. pray my thoughts are set aside so Yah can use me as his vessel, and that he pricks the heart and opens the mind of pastor steve.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:49:55 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I am sure you will have a productive evening! My greatest problem is getting irritated in situations like that, so I pray you will have 5000x more patients than I have :)
Offline Richard  
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:07:30 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would add, "Be yourself. Yahuweh's Spirit will give you what to say when you should say it, not before nor after the perfect moment. Moreover, She will bring to your remembrance all things - no matter what - that Yahushua said, so that you will be able to answer courteously and with pinpoint accuracy whatever questions might be asked of you."

May Yahuweh prosper and protect you tonight and always.
Offline Bridget  
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:32:03 AM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I met someone the other day who actually believed that this planet was 6000 years old...thought scientists were somehow of the devil...the explanations seemed totally surreal to me.

Oy...

I've come to just stop talking. I cannot talk to religious people, at all. Maybe one day I'll be able to, but for now...I avoid it.

I may be wrong to do so, but I guess if I had the sharp minds of some of the posters here, I'd engage more....I just can't do it. I've gotta walk away...and so I do.