logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Swalchy  
#51 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2010 4:14:47 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Hi Kelly & shasta - moved all your posts to the aforementioned forum named "Books For Removal" :)
Offline rv  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:22:48 PM(UTC)
rv

There have been some issues raised over the last week or so for which I haven’t had time to post responses. I’ll briefly try to hit some of the key items now. Sorry for the delay --been away on business. I run a clinical research company with 35+ employees and a slew of contractors; so there’s plenty to hold my attention during the workday and afterwards, that ubiquitous “honey do” list has been growing by leaps since Spring has sprung.

Given Swalchy’s comments and the content of some of the more recent posts, it seems clear that this thread has pretty much run its course since the topic first kicked off a little over three weeks and 1800 views ago. There have been several who have questioned the motivation for posting this topic, so here’s a brief recap for your benefit.

The erroneous painting of Paul the Apostle as the specific target of Rev 2.2 during the 5/11 radio show was disturbing because it exhibited such a marked departure from the sound, evidence-based exegesis that I had come to expect in recent years from the YY effort. And the string of other spurious conclusions put forward about word derivations (eg. church and Bible), and the increasingly strident harangues about the evils of Christianity and people of faith, just weren’t passing the smell test. But the catalyst that triggered launch of this thread came with a Forum post I stumbled upon earlier that day. It really brought home how egregious the distortions can become from the fast and loose interpretation of Scripture by amateur translators and fair-weather hobbyists fixed on spinning their own personal theologies and private agendas.

James wrote on Saturday, May 08, 2010 3:59:52 PM

Quote:
Yahushua is completely against the Christ of the Christian church. Yahushua was Towrah observant, while the Christ of Christianity did away with the Towrah. So with this in mind let us all proudly proclaim I am anti-christ.

What idiocy. I have to say with all sincerity, and without a doubt, this is one of the most INANE statements I have ever heard anyone make. And I am genuinely embarrassed that something like this was expressed so flippantly in this serious-minded Forum. Nevertheless, it is a blazing example of the indiscretion and consequence that comes from the wholesale perversion and twisting of the meaning of words to promote private doctrinal claims and self-contrived dogma. So that’s a little background to the motivation for initiating this thread. Just a few more comments and I’ll finish.

Post #39

Quote:
I think you might be giving yourself a little too much credit. Yada had been considering cancelling the show for some time now, and while I believe reading this thread may have been a catalyst for it, it is by no means his primary reason.

I don’t give myself any credit: I just posed a simple question to see if anyone else was picking up on the snowballing craziness that was quickly becoming YY Radio. Actually, it was several other long-time Forum members who carried the mainstream discussion during the first week. By the time I added my initial comments, as you say, Yada was well on his way to throwing in the towel. And if you really believe he wasn’t tracking the discussion from the get go, you need a doppio of Espresso babe...

Quote:
First Yada’s reason for not publishing YY, and sharing it on the internet, are the same for his releasing Prophet of Doom on the internet. 1) It’s FREE. 2) It’s an ongoing work 3) No publisher would be interested as it would not sell enough.

I’m guessing you got this from another email that you were authorized to share this time?? By the way James, just did a little survey and discovered that you sure submit a lot of posts during normal business hours. I remember you saying in the YY radio chat room that you “run tech at an intermediate school in the Dallas area.” You really might want to think about giving your employer and the taxpayers their money’s worth instead of squandering the public’s hard-earned treasure with your pedantic blogging on their dime. If you definitely have to continue, do it on your own time. I recommend you keep in mind that time-honored Scripture: Thieves must quit stealing and, instead, they must work hard. They should do something good with their hands so that they'll have something to share with those in need. Eph 4:28

Any reader-centric publisher would tell Yada to slash and burn -- cut the volume down by at least 80 percent—spend the time distilling the content to a concise, cohesive, and well thought through presentation. At 2500+ pages YY is commercially unviable and really a bit of a caricature; yet if history can be our guide, the volume will likely double again in size before this “hiatus” has run its course.

I am sure this is something Yada can appreciate: When you train as a pilot, any instructor worth their salt drives home the point that the safety and comfort of your passengers comes first. It’s all about THEM. Radical maneuvers are great fun, but you don’t pull 2-3G turns with the faces of people in the back pancaked against the glass -- definitely not part of the solution. Same with writing: The human heart wants to express itself and reveal to everyone all the precious insights it has discovered, but the serious author gives the reader pre-eminence and takes that extra time to pare down the content to its most efficient presentation. It takes discipline and an intention to consider others more highly than themselves. Yada, please, please think parsimony -- PARSIMONY, as in Ockham's razor -- definitely part of the solution for everyone concerned now, and others you may influence in the future.

In this same spirit of less is more, I conclude by saying that this “hiatus” can be a very good thing. But I sincerely hope you will use the time wisely to reach out beyond yourself to get some outside help. I realize you hold a very dim view of pastors, elders, etc. who have often been known to step into the gap and provide real help in time of need. But there are other medical options that a man of you wealth and status can afford; you definitely need to find someone locally that you can speak with confidentially on an on-going basis.

At the end of one of the shows during the final two weeks, you revealed some personal information that immediately struck me as critical factor to your current state of mind and the spiritual shift many of us here have recognized over the recent months. You described a situation you had experienced in years past involving a persistent series of death threats from your father and how it placed unbelievable stress on your wife and children to the point where they almost had to move away from you to escape the danger of this treachery. I know something about this kind of trauma, and the damage it inflicts runs deep and doesn’t go away easily, even though the original threat has long vanished. In fact, unless it is carefully and methodically addressed, it usually never goes away and the resultant bitterness and deep-seated anger ends up distorting many other key areas of our lives including perceptions of truth and reality.

You need a Good Samaritan, someone who is non-judgmental and willing to listen to a long story and able to pour in the oil and the wine and provide for your recovery to full health again. If you don’t immediately know someone, they can easily be hired. This is particularly needed when a parent has inflicted the assault—you really can’t help yourself – and to say you are letting YHWH handle it, is a self-deceptive cop out. As portrayed in the recent Meryl Streep movie It’s Complicated, Santa Barbara appears to have its share of solid professionals to fit the bill. I believe I can say with full confidence, you can count on many of us here to be praying for a successful resolution. But you can't rush it.

rv

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:00:17 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Although you have made some good points in this post I have to disagree with your last post. Not agreeing with someone's opinion is one thing, but assessing their psychological state from outside a close understanding/relationship is a little below the belt. I say that Yada has changed from his normal rational logical self via the Galatians debate to someone who is more about creating Paul hate than figuring out the truth - which is pretty obvious from my point of view and understanding of what I know about Paul and the supposed letters surrounding him. But assuming things from our distance is just wrong.

As for what James said - within the context it makes perfect sense. Through Christianity's eyes and the Jesus they follow; they are not just indifferent to following Torah, they are actually offended if you do! This is because you are not embracing your free grace ticket and you are "trying to work your way in to heaven like they used to do in the old testament." What James was pointing out is that in that light of understanding, what we do is what Christians would call "anti-Christ". We are the opposite of what their Jesus says. Now we know this is not fact but Christians do not for the most part - I know I was one of them lol Most of their teaching comes from "Pauline theology" - even though most do not know it. (I didn't)

We know Yahushua was Torah observant, and we know He taught others to do the same. Jesus didn't, he just said to love God with all your fluffy little heart and love your neighbour as yourself, oh and he condemned the evil evil Pharisees who did all that Torah stuff. The opinions of Scripture and Christianity are opposed - one is the "anti" of the other. Stating you are anti-Christ is a tongue in cheek way of saying, I oppose Christianity.

So yes while I agree with you completely on Rev 2:2 - I don't think we should be making sweeping judgements from a place we really have no information to do that from. Yada might have the worst issues in the world or he could be in the best place ever - what we have to do is pick at the information he is giving out - not as a personal attack but to reveal and uphold truth and integrity. It is not about the person but about the message, which is something Yada say's a lot.

The message declared of Paul by Yada I believe to be irrational and twisted to create a monster where there is none other than man's religious agenda. My concern is that in this light the rest of Yada's work, which I could not find much fault with (we still disagree in places), could be tarnished by this irrational and illogical view and devalue what has already gone before.

And yes YY will probably never be published as a physical book - although there was talk of each chapter becoming a book and that it would be released in volumes. Although that would remove the ease of updating and the free aspect of the work. Would be a good set of books to have on the bookcase though eh, good to get the relatives talking :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline RidesWithYah  
#54 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:14:18 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Could we discuss Paul rather than Yada?

I would love it if someone could help me understand Colossians 2, for example, in a way that is consistent with scripture.

Quote:
13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21(Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Otherwise, I'm left with warnings about Benjamites and false prophets.

Thanks,
RWY.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#55 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:07:03 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

http://www.thewaytoyahuw...ion1/colossians#chapter2

Quoting verse 14:

Quote:

Removing and wiping away, obliterating and eliminating, cancelling and erasing, blotting out and expunging the principles and decrees, ordinances and official judgements of the written certificate and document which records the indebtness that was according to and with regards to, in relation to and with respect to us, which was and existed as opposed and hostile to, adverse to, contrary to and against us, and He lifted and raised, elevated and removed it and placed and put it upon Himself, taking and carrying it away and destroying it from out of our midst, nailing and affixing it to the upright pole and stake*. He disarmed and exposed, stripped and laid bare the leaders and rulers, authorities and magistrates and the officials who have religious, political and governmental authority; He publically exposed and disgraced them, making an example, show and spectacle of them in, by and with courage and fearless confidence, boldness and assurance, open speech, frankness and public outspokenness, triumphing and being victorious over them in, by and with it*.

Hope this helps as a quick reference.
Offline rv  
#56 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:26:58 AM(UTC)
rv

Rob wrote:

Quote:
...but assessing their psychological state from outside a close understanding/relationship is a little below the belt....But assuming things from our distance is just wrong.

I met with Yada earlier this year at his beautiful mansion in SB, and we have been engaged in direct conversations re/ the YY volume for over two years though I have not been active here in the Forum. But unless you have direct experience with the type of personal trauma he described, and the submerged impact it can have on basic perceptions and motivations, you most likely can't really begin to understand the point I made above.

And there are others here suffering from similar assaults to their psyches and probably unaware that they just can not ignore it and continue with business as usual. Taking time to deal with these kinds of internal issues is important, particularly if you are in a position of speaking into other peoples lives about fundamental concepts and interpretations of theology and the correct meaning of Scripture. And you can't go it alone.

But this is simply the best possible advice I could give as part of my concluding remarks and involvement with this post. I believe it goes directly to the heart of the matter and it would be just wrong to conveniently ignore the half ton guerilla in the room.

Offline kp  
#57 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:33:31 AM(UTC)
kp

On the Colossians 2 thingie (from TOM II, ch 15)

Quote:
“And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross….” I realize that this “handwriting of requirements against us” sounds at first blush like he might be talking about the Torah. But in the Greek, it’s clear that this is an erroneous deduction. The word (cheirographon) means “a document or note of indebtedness, written with one’s own hand, as proof of obligation.” It’s an I.O.U., so to speak. The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament notes, “The reference is to God’s pronouncement that the note which testifies against us is cancelled. The phrase is obviously based on a thought which is common in Judaism, namely, that God keeps an account of man’s debt…. The point of the metaphor of the note of indebtedness is to underline the preceding statement ‘forgiven you all trespasses.’ God has forgiven sins. He has cancelled the note of indebtedness by taking it and fixing it to the cross of Christ.” In other words, that which God has nailed to the cross is not the Law—rather, it’s the debt we owe, the penalty for our sin: death itself.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#58 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:38:52 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

RV - that is all well and good - but posting that in the forum without our prior knowledge of your relationship or the situation hinted at - and then airing issues you perceive Yada to have (I do not know etc etc) is inappropriate and should be done in private to Yada - otherwise we end up believing exactly what I have written because we do not know.

Disagreeing with Yada, Jame's or anyone's views is fine but attacking who they are in front of people who know nothing about that situation is wrong. Keep it to the subject and don't make it personal...

rv wrote:

I believe it goes directly to the heart of the matter and it would be just wrong to conveniently ignore the half ton guerilla in the room.

Is my mum here?
Offline Matthew  
#59 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:46:37 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Revelation 20:12 speaks of the dead being judged in accordance to what has been recorded in the books to be opened on Judgement Day. It is possible then that the section where our names were have been pulled out and nailed to the stake and our names then written in the Book of Life.

As for Yada, I think it's good that he takes time out from the radio show as preparation for just one show sounds excruciating, especially if it takes time out from his day to do more studying and editing of YY.
Offline Bridget  
#60 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:42:18 AM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am LOLing at swalchy's pics posted above.

Otherwise, this thread lost me at the personal references to Yada.
I don't hold Yada up as a prophet, but I respect the work he does.
Getting so personal as was done here is just plain nasty. It's one thing to discuss scripture and analyze it, but going off the rails about Yada ??
What is gained from that? For you or for anyone here? What is the purpose? To raise yourself up? I think you've done the exact opposite. Sorry, just my take.

Otherwise, I'm just the audience here and have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion.

:D
Offline James  
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:39:19 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
rv wrote:
I’m guessing you got this from another email that you were authorized to share this time??

First, this is all but stated in Yada Yahweh. Second, I email back and forth with Yada often, and he has made it clear he doesn’t care what I share; I was only trying to giver perspective to the one I posted here, so it is not a matter of being authorized or not.
rv wrote:
By the way James, just did a little survey and discovered that you sure submit a lot of posts during normal business hours. I remember you saying in the YY radio chat room that you “run tech at an intermediate school in the Dallas area.” You really might want to think about giving your employer and the taxpayers their money’s worth instead of squandering the public’s hard-earned treasure with your pedantic blogging on their dime. If you definitely have to continue, do it on your own time.

This is just vitriolic and uncalled for. You have no idea what my job is or what it entails, how do you know I don’t work nights and that is why I am free during the day, so to insult my character for no reason based on no knowledge is completely pointless and ugly, as have been most of your attacks on Yada. As it happens I spend the majority of my time at work on call. Second what I do at work is between me and my employer, and my boss know what I spend my down time doing.
As for you assessment of my contribution to forum conversations, well you know what they say about opinions.
But on the topic of inane blogging, I don’t really think anyone here is interested in your armature psychological assailment of Yada. If you wish to criticize his work or his message, or his methods, fine, but to suggest that they guy needs psychological help is just unfounded, ungrounded and rude.
This all I will say here, I have no interest in continuing a pointless argument, but I was not going to let this personal an unfounded attack on me go unanswered.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Swalchy  
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:12:23 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Yeah - everyone just needs to cool their jets, calm down, and I would suggest taking a bit of a break from this topic. I had considered locking it and leaving it at that, but seeing as though I really don't think the topic is completely done for just yet, everyone's personal comments stop right here, right now.

Just one more, and I will lock the topic. Use the Personal Messenger on the forum if you want to continue the personal conversations - just don't soil the forums themselves.

Bridget wrote:
I am LOLing at swalchy's pics posted above

UserPostedImage