logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Swalchy  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 10:12:12 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

This shall hopefully be a temporary thread to post the transcripts of the Radio shows, obviously depending on when Yada thinks they're ready to be posted anyway :)

Monday Show: Romans 13
Quote:
In our first Yada Yahweh Radio program, some of you may remember, that I quoted an email I had received from Chuck Baldwin. He had accurately written that the Christian right was as wrongly devoted to, and fooled by, GWB, as the Secular left is wrongly devoted to and fooled by BHO. Today, I’m going to quote another letter I received from Chuck Baldwin, but this time, while he is right to a point, stressing to the Christian Right that they ought not support what the American government has become, the evidence he cites is horribly flawed...

Monday Show: Galatians Review
Quote:
I’d like to begin our review of Paul’s letter to the Galatians with a letter I received recently from a friend....

Before I begin, some things need to be said. First, the New Living Translation isn’t a translation of the Greek text, but instead a very loose and very inaccurate paraphrase whereby the alleged translators became authors and story tellers. Yesterday I worked on a passage cited in The Owner’s Manual regarding the nature of yeast, and discovered that half of the words contained in the NLT weren’t actually in the Greek text. To its credit, the NLT reads smoothly, and sounds nice, which is why I suppose it has become so popular. But as a study tool, it is inappropriate.....

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2009 12:56:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
YY 8-3 Roman's 13 Government Submission.doc (118kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
Monday Show - Galatians Review.doc (465kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
Monday Show Transcripts.zip (942kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 10:24:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Thanks.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:25:20 AM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks for posting this Swalchy.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:49:45 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Tried to download the file attachments on YY 8-30 Galatians but it aiin't working. Guess it's not working for the others too as there are 0 downloads. <:-(
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Swalchy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:53:39 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

I just downloaded them both, twice. Working fine for me.

And the reason there's "no" downloads, is because I've had to update the files at least three times now, and it resets the stats :)
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:45:24 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've downloaded twice already, seems to be working fine for me.
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:47:21 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Same here

Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:55:50 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Alrighty then... it works now. Thanks!
Offline Theophilus  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:39:01 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I've had no difficulties with the downloads either.

I've been downloading the shows to my MP-3 player and last night listened again to a recent YY blogtalk show that indicated that the Matsah chapter has or soon will be revised again to add new material for the show but I've not seen it yet. Yada also said that he expects to add new material to YY book V on the Galatians material sometime in the next month, but I'll guess it will be formatted like the other chapters of YY and not as radio show notes here. The show notes on Galatians like the Romans 13 notes have been tremendously beneficial to me.

I also look forward to seeing the YY blogtalk show archives carried over to the YY site as Yow'el indicated, but suspect that is a technical challenge. The only "downsides" for me (if I can call them that), is that I've been spending so much time processing the new material from the shows, that I've not been spending as much time as I'd like interacting here on the forum discussing what we've been learning. Overall I'd say this is a good "problem" to be having. I also miss that I'm unable to chat or call while the shows are airing and I'm at work but will gladly take the re-broadcasts.

Theo
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:36:41 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

It's not a technical challenge for Yow'el to put the show archives on YY or on the forum. Simply a matter of copying the archive, creating a page with links. So it will come... just a matter of time. I'm really grateful for the YY radio shows as it helps put so much into perspective in so short a time. The talks fill my Shabbat mornings/afternoons (as well as other days) and the replays help to clarify or bolster some thoughts I have had about what is in Scripture. The only problem I have had with the radio program is the inaugural show where the archived file is only 7.9MB, corresponding to a half-hour show. I would really appreciate getting the full show as the archive is only a partial posting of the show. Nonetheless, I am copying all the shows and YY books onto SD cards and thumbdrives and all the PCs we have, as well as on CDs for distribution. Being in Malaysia, I am in deep sleep when the shows go live but usually the first thing I do when I awake is to log on using my PDA to download the show! It's a pity that the software for voice capture is not so accurate or else we can transcribe the shows for the hearing disabled. How would software transcribe Yada's chuckle, Ken's giggle or Yow'el's laughter?
Offline Swalchy  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:04:53 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Just a quick post to mention that I've changed how this topic works now.

This is hopefully just going to be a temporary topic that hosts the transcripts/notes of ALL the radio shows, but they shall be confined to the first post only. Any new transcripts will be added to the first post in the topic, in both .DOC format, and in the .ZIP file there will be both .DOC and .PDF files of the transcripts/notes.

Do note that the .ZIP file will contain all transcripts/notes, not just one show's notes etc., etc.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:20:42 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Sorry to threadjack, I couldn't get my link or attachment to work in the other forum.
Can a moderator help me out?
File Attachment(s):
Signs.doc (49kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:42:19 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
THREADJACKER!

I actually don't know how to attach something myself so I would be useless lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:58:36 AM(UTC)
Yada

Yesterday, I wrote to Yada and asked:

Quote:
Yada - I was wondering if the shows you're doing will ever be archived by category? I went and did a search on iTunes but could only find the chapter recordings.

It would be great if these were also available via the YY site.

This was Yada's response:

Quote:
We'd like to archive and post all of these recordings on the YY site, but like everything, it takes time and our budget for such things ($0) precludes it being done at a time when Yow'el's consulting business is growing. He has to prioritize his family, so it may be a while before this is done. That said, the first 50-75 of the 350 shows we have done, need to be categorized and have the key words added. That is something anyone willing and able to devote the time can do. I've already done it for the most recent 250 programs.

Yada

If there's anyone out there that might have some time available and would like to help out with this, please contact Yada via the email link on the YY web site. Thanks.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Swalchy  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:52:13 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

For those of us that have been unable to listen to the radio show at the time it's on, having archives would be a big help.

I'd personally prefer to be able to read a transcript of a Radio show - I learn things better by reading rather than listening.

I'm one of "those people" apparently =/
Offline Yada  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 5:06:37 AM(UTC)
Yada

I'd really like to listen to the shows about the "7 instructions" again. Are they referenced anywhere by subject? Also, where can I read the material from YY regarding this subject that Yada used for the shows?

Thanks a lot.
Offline James  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 5:42:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Yada wrote:
I'd really like to listen to the shows about the "7 instructions" again. Are they referenced anywhere by subject? Also, where can I read the material from YY regarding this subject that Yada used for the shows?

Thanks a lot.

The 7 instructions are discussed at the end of the new Shabat chapter. http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...hweh_Genesis_Shabat.YHWH

Offline highbrow  
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:04:48 PM(UTC)
highbrow

All of Yada Yahweh radio is available for free download at iTunes.
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 2:02:32 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just went to iTunes but couldn't find the shows. Have you got a link?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 2:40:03 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

here ya go.. (paste it into your browser address bar :) )

itpc://www.blogtalkradio.com/yada.rss

it will open itunes automatically, if you don't have itunes installed, install it first and it will work fine.
Offline Richard  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 7:30:45 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Robskiwarrior wrote:
here ya go.. (paste it into your browser address bar :) )

itpc://www.blogtalkradio.com/yada.rss

it will open itunes automatically, if you don't have itunes installed, install it first and it will work fine.

Help me out here, Robski. You're saying that I should install iTunes even though I do not own or use any of Apple's "i" devices, and that I will then be able to download the radio shows? In what format will the download come - mp3, wav, etc.?

Thanks.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 8:18:45 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

flintface wrote:
Help me out here, Robski. You're saying that I should install iTunes even though I do not own or use any of Apple's "i" devices, and that I will then be able to download the radio shows? In what format will the download come - mp3, wav, etc.?

Thanks.

AH - yes sorry dude for thinking everyone knew :D

You need to install iTunes - it will work just like Windows Media Player, it does not need any "i" products to use it's primary function - which is just a music/media player :)

Basically you have to go through the software to get to the iTunes store which is where you can access the Podcast... but if you just install and then copy and past the link above it will take you into it via itunes. It's just that link only really works when you have itunes installed :)
Offline Richard  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 8:52:10 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
DOH! Well, okay, then! Thanks, bro.