logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:43:07 AM(UTC)
visitor

Hey!

Didn’t think I would get to email you this week, but I have some serious questions for you.

If you were a Christian and were never exposed to what you and I know, i.e., just followed what you have been taught all your life and you die, what happens to you?
If you were not a Christian, but accept “Jesus” shortly before you die, what happens to you? Same question but instead of “Jesus” you accepted in the name of Yahshua. How much of a difference does it make if you have not followed Torah all your life?
What happens to all those who were Christians and were cremated? What happens to believers as you and I and inadvertently are cremated? What about those who are buried at sea; their bones will disintegrate in time (like with the Titanic).

I ask these questions because A. my mom accepted “Jesus” 2 months before she died; I would hate to think that I won’t see her again. At that time, I had not as yet learned the truth, B. She was cremated, it was in her will, C. if I’m trying (me trying is not the right way of putting it but that’s the only way I can say it) to bring someone to Yahshua who is close to death, what would be the best way of explaining without going into a big theological dissertation especially since most people have only heard of “Jesus” or if they would have had to have been observing Torah all their life, then does it even matter? (this would be the most likely scenario in the case of my dad. I talk to him all the time, but he has yet to make any kind of commitment).

I have to say that everything I have been reading from you has made so much sense and has actually given me a sense of freedom in my faith and my love for Him. It is a joy to celebrate the set-apart times and those who (mainly Christians) feel it is a burden really don’t know what they’re missing. If I was able, I would be reading all day long-I can’t seem to get enough. Thank you Yada for all this wonderful information. May Yahweh continue to bless you in your efforts; it is apparent that He has given you great discernment.

In His Name.

Offline YY  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:46:16 AM(UTC)
YY
Man

It is not my place to answer your first question. I know why you want to know but it's not my job to decide. You'll have to turn to Yahuweh's Word for your answer. Yahuweh tells us what is required to live with Him, and He tells us what separates souls from Him. Your questions are, of course, in the gray area between light and darkness, truth and deceit, life and death. What you are asking is how wrong can you be and still be right. I don't know. And the answer matters not for those who are now dead. What's done is done. Further, since you know what is right, true, and brings life, all you can do is share it so that others emerge from the darkness and come into the light.

Your second question is a straw man. It happens so seldom as to be almost meaningless. We humans get set in our ways and seldom change when we are old. It happens, and when it does, Yahuweh welcomes the wayward child with open arms. Following the Torah won't save you or anyone else. Understanding the Torah will point the way to salvation, however, and that is central to its message and purpose. The Torah explains how to live a productive life and it tells us what God is like so that we can know Him and love Him. It also says what He likes and dislikes, and that's important too.

There is no mention of how bodily resurrection occurs--only of the result. And that's always associated with light. Further, the fact is, a 5,000 year old skeleton isn't significantly different than a recently cremated body. The soul is what is reanimated, anyway. So it doesn't matter where or how one dies or is buried. I don't want to be cremated, but should I die in a blazing fire, it won't matter.

Your comments about YY ring true with me too. The more I come to know Yahuweh, the more relaxed I am around Him. Yes, He is really smart, and His Word is majestic, but in the end it all boils down to a Father and child relationship.

-YY
Offline visitor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:48:17 AM(UTC)
visitor

Good morning,

I want to thank you for being so honest with me. You are right as far as question #1 is concerned. Only Yahweh through His word can give me the answer to that. The second question I asked because it’s one that has come up on EliYah’s web page quite frequently and there has been much debate there on it. I usually read what’s there during my lunch break. Yes, I know that Torah does not save you, but again, this has been a debate on EliYah as well. As far as cremation vs. burial, I have always thought what you have stated and I guess I just wanted more verification of my thought. However, cremation is one of those things that Sacred Namers, Messianics, and Jews will tell you is pagan and therefore an abomination in the eyes of Yahweh. I look at it more in an economical sense. Burials are quite expensive and unless our finances change miraculously, cremation is our only option.
Offline Koos  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 6:23:23 AM(UTC)
Koos
Man

OK, this is fascinating. You say it is the soul actually which is being reanimated. I accept it. But what happens to a beautiful loving personality who at the end of his/her life is being riddled by for instance alzheimers and experiences a complete change of personality traits? I suppose one will have to examine the precise definition of soul? It must mean something more than just the superficial pschycological definition of soul? I have always wondered about this, having met such people who have been totally transformed due to illness.
Yah bless you. Koos