logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dugdoo56  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 3:06:09 PM(UTC)
dugdoo56

Hi one and all. Just a thought, but would it not be better for everyone if all posts were checked before they could be posted by a Moderator, just to see if they are genuine and not wasting our time and space. Recently there has been a lot of back and forwards between Greatest I am, who is only trying to bait everyone with his dribble...and a lot of good minded folk trying to get him to talk properly. He is only here for a stir, nothing more. If his posts were checked by a Moderator before they could be posted, then decided if they were beneficial or not, and then deleted, it would save us all a lot of time reading his dribble and reading more relevant topics. As I say...just a thought, but remember he is wasting his time and ours. I may be wrong but I think most would agree. Regards to all...DD56.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 7:36:56 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
The only problem with that apart from the fact that our moderators are all volunteers, is that we don't want to engage in excessive censorship.

In the past we have had posters who were temporarily banned because they were essentially excessively ignorant and irrational. Another part of letting people like that post is that there are some who may be persuaded by their message, and so it is important to address their points.

While there are some that come here with no interest in any kind of dialog, the majority of people who come here rather they agree with anything here or not, are at least open to rational discussion. And when the ones that are frustrating and irrational come the best way to get rid of them is to simply ignore them (I need to listen to this advice myself), or address their arguments in a rational way.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 9:50:15 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I completely see your point dug, but I agree with James. The internet is full of forums that censor people who say things that don't line up with what the forums think - most of the people like Greatest I Am probably just float from "religious" forum to forum, get banned and move on. Others have been worse than him and have been banned from the forums but rarely - if ever, do we delete posts. Greatest isn't being particularly abusive, just ignorant. I think he assumes he knows what this forum is about and what its inhabitants think, I don't feel I need to sensor him because his posts are so moronic that most people with half a brain would see that. (Sorry Greatest, but its true lol)

He does seem to be trying to bait us more than anything, and to be honest I would say I am used to it from people by now and I find it more amusing than harmful. If he wants to waste his time trying to rub us up the wrong way let him, maybe he might learn something maybe not who knows.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Ben  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 10:17:58 PM(UTC)
Ben

My 2 Cents:
I'd consider it better to have him post rubbish and lose interest, than having a ton of mods on 24/7 censor duty and turning the forum into Nazi-Germany. (Slight exaggeration possible.)
However your point is well taken, Dug, this should also not be the place for people to relieve their daily life's frustration by aggravating well-meaning forum members.