logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:06:13 AM(UTC)
Ben

Hello Everyone

I would like to take a few words to express my concern about some things, so please bear with me for a moment.

There are people who think that Yada and Ken have found 100% Truth, because they have indeed found a lot of it and have been used greatly in order to pass it on to us. It is always easier to accept what someone else teaches than to seek truth oneself. However, this is what leads to dependence upon them, and not upon the sole author of truth, whom we have come to know by his primary name - Yahweh - The One Who Exists, who was, is, and will be. This is also the direct way to religiosity, thinking that one has found more wisdom than others and that this is what makes the difference between what is “Right” and what is “Wrong”.

Everyone who wishes to find truth and wisdom will find those things, but those alone bring neither peace nor life.

More important than truth and wisdom are love and compassion - without them we cannot pass on truth because we are not concerned with others but only with ourselves, and so we do not see their need but only our superiority.

I would even dare to say, that someone who has more love and compassion than they do truth and wisdom is more right than someone who knows much about himself, and the universe, but nothing about others.

We have been given the precious gift of choice, and we can use it to define our priorities. So far I would say that getting our priorities right is the hardest thing in life, so hard that we need help to do it, and I know of only one who can give such help.

Shalom to all of you,
Ben
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:22:33 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The voice of wisdom can come from deepest Europe too! :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:46:10 AM(UTC)
kp

Well said, Ben. Speaking for myself (though I know Yada would agree) I'd be horrified to learn that somebody was building a religion around what I had written. I don't write things down to make converts. I do it so I'll be able to remember tomorrow what the Spirit showed me today ('cause at my age, I'm liable to forget). If folks find my scribblings of value, that's great, but I'd really rather you figured things out on your own.

Knowledge is a good thing, but wisdom is to be preferred. Correctness bears the potential for great benefit, but if it doesn't manifest itself in love for my brother, it's a dead end street. Truth without compassion (besides being an oxymoron) is like a dead man's gold---it's worth nothing to him.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:15:42 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

kp wrote:
Well said, Ben. Speaking for myself (though I know Yada would agree) I'd be horrified to learn that somebody was building a religion around what I had written.

But what about that form you made me sign and the $500 a week I have to send you or god will hate me?
Offline In His Name  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:17:09 AM(UTC)
In His Name

But we also need to avoid the confusion(ignorance) of the world because; compassion without Truth is empty.

I have met many loving and compassionate Christians, who know little about Yahweh.
Matthew 7:21-23 wrote:
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Who uses the term Lord?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:20:56 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In His Name wrote:
Who uses the term Lord?

This is a complex issue but in Matthew 14:28 Peter calls Yahshua "Master" (but most likely an Aramaic word). In some translations the word "Lord" is used instead. Also, John uses the same placeholder in Revelation 22:20.

Matthew 14:28 "Lord (KE), if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

Revelation 22:20 "He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord (KE) Yahshua."

The same placeholder (KE) used in Matthew 7:21 and Revelation 22:20 is used in Matthew 14:28. So we need to know the Hebrew word for which the placeholder was used in Revelation, and possibly need to know the Aramaic word Peter used in reference to Yahshua.

However in both cases it seems they used a title which exalted Yahshua to the position of Master, Owner, Ruler, Lord, etc.

However, when I first read Ben's post I thought of Matthew 7:7-12

Quote:
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

And my question was, which could be relevant to this thread is: how is treating one's neighbour related to asking God for something? This passage is related to the "Narrow Gate" verses of 13 and 14, as well as the passage IHN mentioned, which are all concerning walking in the Truth. The whole sermon on the Mount relates to walking in the Truth, which is to walk in love, the love of God.

It seems to me that seeking directions, wisdom, understanding, etc. from Yahweh is what guides us to walk in Truth and in Love. Because if God gives us the truth because He loves us, then we should also seek to give our brothers and sisters the truth in love.

Ben wrote:
It is always easier to accept what someone else teaches than to seek truth oneself.

I can fully relate to that. I tend to "rely" on what others have discovered since I don't have the motivation or skill or time to do what they do. Not all of us are like Yada, KP and Swalchy when it comes to Scripture understanding or translating. In a personal sense, I don't rely on KP and Yada as I do on the Spirit, because I have disagreed on a few occasions and do read works from other sources. But I can also say that "yes, it's way too easy to get into a comfort zone, making it hard to get out and do the work oneself."

But what I think the crux of this thread is: we should weigh up everyone's words and should not assume that everything they say is the truth. We should seek God's counsel on all matters, and rely on His Spirit to guide us, whether it be using Yada's, KP's or Swalchy's works, from forum members, other sources, or from our own studies into the Word. And that we should be willing to open our ears to what others have to say rather than just accepting only Yada's, KP's and Swalchy's works/words. Something like that...
Offline In His Name  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:57:56 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Matthew wrote:
This is a complex issue...

Sorry my point of the question was; who is Yahushua talking about in this verse? Who is it that calls Him Lord? Anyone other than Christians?

The point being that they(these Christians) have performed great works even miracles, but because they did not know Him (His Truth), he did not know them and their works were empty.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:06:51 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Robskiwarrior wrote:
But what about that form you made me sign and the $500 a week I have to send you or god will hate me?

How did you get away with only $500 a week, Ken told me it was $750?
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:52:04 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

James wrote:
How did you get away with only $500 a week, Ken told me it was $750?

He gave me a discount if I sent him my first born.
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:35:52 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hey Robski,

I thought I was supposed to get your firstborn, whom I was supposed to offer up on my behalf for Longevity, Prosperity and Hollywood Good Looks!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Walt  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:30:30 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Think you misunderstood Matt's point as well - he was pointing out that in the original Greek, they use a placeholder where the translation "Lord" usually is - therefore Yahushua isn't actually referring to anyone calling Him "Lord" but probably more "Master" than anything else. So it's not a direct reference to Christians, but probably incorporates them, and any other religion.

I'm picking that this applies mainly towards christians because

1 - they say they did mighty works "in Your name" (of course christians have MUCH more wrong than His true name, there is little foundational stuff they have right)

2 - other religions don't have a Savior to stand before

3 - there is inferred that they think they have a relationship, which most other religions don't emphasize a relationship

To this end I was thinking about christians always saying "jesus is Lord"
I now see this as TRUE - realizing that "Lord" is the "devil's" title and he is behind false religions
Offline Walt  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:00:28 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Ben wrote:

We have been given the precious gift of choice, and we can use it to define our priorities. So far I would say that getting our priorities right is the hardest thing in life, so hard that we need help to do it, and I know of only one who can give such help.

I think the hardest thing in life is forsaking tradition
Tradition is about the strongest form of bondage, it causes people to reject TRUTH - and not just in the religious realm

Ben wrote:

Everyone who wishes to find truth and wisdom will find those things, but those alone bring neither peace nor life.

You are so correct - TRUTH has to be acted upon before it does any good

Ben wrote:

I would even dare to say, that someone who has more love and compassion than they do truth and wisdom is more right than someone who knows much about himself, and the universe, but nothing about others.

To what end?
Lots of religious (and non-religious) folks show lots and lots of love and compassion (as men define it)
Does it get applied as credit to them that TRUTH can be overlooked?
What did mother Theressa's love and compassion (that she greatly shared) amount to?

TRUTH and LOVE have to go hand-in-hand to be successful - one without the other is a failure
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:24:13 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

If I use Catholic priests as an obvious example, they call Yahshua (well Jesus) their Master/Lord/Rabbi/Sovereign/King, etc. and they do a lot in His Name like build schools, do good for their communities (bar making business for lawyers and child psychologists), even lead people away from a life of crime to a more "righteous" life, with some of their converts actually coming to know Yahweh once they've sifted through the doctrinal rubbish of the RCC. But since a number of these priests don't know Yahweh, who is Yahshua, they will be banished from His presence (Who am I to pronounce judgement??? Hmm...). Their "priorities" not being in the right place, not having a relationship with Yahweh and in reality relying on Catholic doctrine as opposed to Yahweh and His teachings. They call the God of the Torah, Prophets, Psalms and NT their God but they have mixed such an incredible amount of pagan doctrines into their beliefs that Yahweh has become practically invisible.

Yahweh is the Lord over all, He is the One, the Sovereign and Ruler of the universe but He wants us to know Him as our Father and wants us to share that familial love with others. Now the Catholic Church on the other hand teach God is holy, not set-apart but rather cannot be touched, that He is on an unreachable pedestal looking down condemning sinners while at the same time allowing Catholics to sin as they please as long as they support the Catholic Church financially and sit in their pews. They call Yahweh their Lord, and do many things in His Name, but fail to present the truth as it should be. We too acknowledge Yahweh as our Lord, meaning Ruler, Sovereign, Master, Owner, etc. but we also share the truth as it should be, we walk in the truth of His Torah and love our neighbours in the same way He loves us.

Yahweh is our Lord (not Baal but Ruler, Owner and Master), but He would prefer us to call Him by Name, and be His friends, His bride, sitting next to each other on His throne because we love each other, as opposed to bowing in cowardly fear before Him and submitting to Him because one is forced to rather than chosing to.

My point was that even guys like Peter and John referred to Yahshua as their Rabbi, as the Exalted One, the Teacher, their Master, the One who ruled over them, their Lord. In other words we shouldn't be quick to judge others even if they were to use words such as "Jesus is Lord". If we forbid using the word "lord" then we have to ask the question: who is our Lord, who is our Master, who is the One we say Rules and Reigns over the universe? Surely it is not us?! To say the phrase "Yahweh is my Father but He is not my Lord" is implying that the person rules himself, that he is his own lord.

IHN's post does have a lot of weight behind it because it explicitly speaks of the importance of knowing Yahshua on a personal level. How does the saying go? There's a difference between knowing about Yahweh and to really know Yahweh! My point was that we shouldn't be quick to consider all Christians (regardless of denomination) as walking in error and therefore unsaved, not that IHN was implying this, but that view does certainly come across to me when I read some posts. And from Swalchy's post it's possible that the placeholder KE refers to the word rab, as in Exalted One. And don't we too call Yahweh the Most High, the Sovereign, King and Saiour, like Isaiah does? So IHN's post (referring to the initial one) is right, it's about knowing Yahweh on a personal level as opposed to knowing about Him and getting one's spiritual guidance from and relying on someone, or something else (i.e. Catholic doctrine).

So what we don't want to do is make Yada, KP, etc. to be our Teacher, to be our Exalted Ones. It's a dangerous thing to rely on a flawed human being, instead we should rely on the perfect One, Who came as human being for our benefit, who is truly our Teacher and has given us His Spirit to guide us.

Now this leads into Ben's post concerning priorities and making a religion out of YY. Our priorities should be to spend time with Yahweh, to search Him, to rely upon Him and His Torah, to follow the leading of the Spirit in our own lives. This forum and associated books are excellent in helping one grow in one's relationship with Yahweh but we shouldn't turn YY into a religion and shouldn't rely on Yada, KP as we would rely on Yahweh. The Galatians debate has really brought issues to light, not everyone agrees with Yada, some saying he's wrong in claiming that Paul wrote it since there's sufficient evidence to suggest it was a forgery (in this case Paul still being a good guy), and others saying Galatians is still Scripture, whereas others have fully or at least somewhat agreed with Yada's view on Paul (being a false prophet) and Galatians. What's being said here is that we should open our minds and see what others have to say first before jumping on the bandwagon, whether Yada is right or not. Yada is truly magnificent in his approach to expounding on God's Word, as is Ken, but we need to rely on the Spirit first before bowing down and accepting their words, if you get my drift. Even both Yada and KP often stress that, that we should look to God for our guidance and that we shouldn't rely on them but should weigh up their words according to Scripture.

This forum is the best I've ever visited in regards to studying Scripture, the people are diverse and are willing to dicuss topics rationally, an environment that I think Yahweh would be proud of. Plus even when I disagree on certian topics, like me not being so concerned about the use of the word lord whereas others are, I stil feel welcome and still feel I have much to benefit from by attending this forum and reading what others have to say. We shouldn't want people to turn away, but rather for people to join in and speak their concerns. Every other day I see new people join the forum by creating accounts, but only about a few percent are active members. In a number of cases people say it has taken them a year of browsing the forum before fidning the courage to post. The question is: what's so intimidating? Swalchy's knowledge of Greek for one! No jokes ;) Maybe feeling as if Yada's gunz-a-blazing style will bite them, maybe that we'll bite their head off like we've done to Frank4YAHWEH, Greatest I am, Prophet Speaks, etc., or maybe just not being a serious poster and preferring to only read comments. I for one don't enjoy posting on Dawkins' forum because I get nervous knowing that I'll get all these nasty responses, especially from moderators who have sent me informal and formal warnings. Do I fear the religion of Dawkins' forum? You bet your tushy I do. Do some forum members feel unwelcome here by sensing a religion is being created? Possibly, but I seriously hope not.

Anyway, waaaay too much said... Just posting my thoughts.
thanks 1 user thanked Matthew for this useful post.
seeker83 on 7/20/2014(UTC)
Offline kp  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:52:15 PM(UTC)
kp

Well said, Matthew. As funny as it sounds, it should be impossible to make a religion out of what Yada and I say anyway, for the simple reason that we don't remotely agree on everything, even though we love and respect each other. Ain't no dogma here---only research and ruminations that may or may not be helpful. If what we write edifies, then by all means, take it to heart; if not, then don't.

As far as calling Yahweh "Lord" is concerned, it's enough for me that the Hebrew scriptures do refer to Him as adonay---sparingly, but it does happen. It's a crime that our English translations render YHWH as "the Lord," but at least we've got the tools to discern the truth of the matter, if we'll only look.

And Yahshua? Is He properly called "Lord?" The last few verses of Matthew cinch it for me: "And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in£ the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.'” If He has been given "all authority," then He is Lord, by definition and in point of fact. The last couple of chapters of Revelation unabashedly reinforce the fact of His "Lordship." And whether or not you're reticent to use the "L" word, the fact remains, who or what you obey is your lord. There's no getting around it.

kp
Offline Ben  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:21:12 PM(UTC)
Ben

Matthew, I completely agree and could not have said it any better.
I would like to pick up the point Ken made, about how YY should not be something that can be turned into a religion. I do hope and trust that it will not. However, this is why I used the word religiosity, to describe an attitude rather than an organisation.
I say this because I have caught myself having a wrong approach at the content of YY many times. When talking to Christians about the inaccuracy of "their" Bible in a destructive way, rather than to build on what they already trust in and explain truth, as good as I can, for their benefit.

Shalom,
Ben

Edited by user Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:51:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar...

Offline James  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:44:57 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I don't think it's possible to build a religion on Yadas and KPs writings, because as Ken pointed out they don't always agree, but also they encourage people to study for themselves and prove them wrong, both have admitted they have been wrong, and YY at least keeps changing. I think they are both great tools, but I think Logos is a great tool, and I'm not going to build a religion on what it contains either. But I will use them all to learn as much as I can.

Offline Walt  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

The people on here are across the spectrum

some consider christians their brothers and sisters while some put them in the same "lost" catagory as other religions

some will still attend christian church services while couldn't stomach it

some enjoy christian music while some won't

even opinions with the dietary potion of Torah vary greatly with some following the literal and some just the spiritual concept
"is it ok to eat pork" has different answers for different people

when it comes to what is Scripture, and the validity of the Renewed Covenant writings there is GREAT differences of opinion

we each have to make our own choices and decide where the line is drawn
we can't draw the line for other people, or let others draw the line for us

we each have to decide the balance of traditions & TRUTH

we each have to make the decision as to what Yahuweh wants and expects of us

how "true" He requires our walk to be to enter into eternal life (exactly HOW narrow is the narrow gate) is something we have to settle for ourselves

we do alot of "agree to disagree" on our beliefs here, respecting what others settle on

The important thing is:
Are we on a journey seeking TRUTH over religion and traditions of men?
Where each person is on this journey, and how far they will go is different for each person
Offline Matthew  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 4:40:39 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I know what you mean Walt. For each of us the line seems to be different and we tend to disagree on it because of our own interpretations of Scripture, though we all know at the end of the day that Yahweh is the Decider, He knows who are His children.

Another thing crossed my mind, this forum is sort of an exclusive book club. Yes it's a general forum in regards to studying Scripture but it was mainly set up in regards to the books by Yada and Ken, hence why we so often refer people to read them. It's not a religion, but is sort of exclusive in a way.

How did people find the forum, just be a Google search or via the link on one of the associated websites? I fall into the latter, however I did start posting before reading the books entirely.

Offline James  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 5:58:44 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Matthew wrote:
Another thing crossed my mind, this forum is sort of an exclusive book club. Yes it's a general forum in regards to studying Scripture but it was mainly set up in regards to the books by Yada and Ken, hence why we so often refer people to read them. It's not a religion, but is sort of exclusive in a way.

I think usually when we send someone to one of the books it is because short of reproducing that chapter here there is no better way to explain something. I can't sum of 45 pages of Scripture analysis in a forum post. Plus Yada and Ken can usually explain what I am think way better than I can, they are much more articulate.

Walt great points all. We all run the spectrum here with each of us having our own views on certain things. Like you said there are some here who have given up pork entirely, personally I wish I could, but I still have me some sausage or bacon from time to time, I still have me a plate of shrimp every now and then. I know I shouldn't, but I also knew I shouldn't sneak into the cabinet and have cookies before dinner when I was kid, but hey I did that too.