logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bridget  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:40:39 PM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As much as I love some of the work that musicians and actors/actresses do....I can't stand it when they speak their 'real' minds...
ya know?

Here is an example. Good music....but..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/...laims-Jesus-was-gay.html
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 2:24:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I know what you mean Bridget! When we lived in the UK, at the time my wife was pregnant with our second child, the Sun came over to our house to interview us regarding our son to be born near the date 06/06/06, you know 666. They asked me whether I had a fear of my son possibly being born on that date and maybe being the Antichrist, I said I have no fear and that I don't consider the Gregorian calendar as legit but regard the Scriptural calendar as important, but the next day in the article they commented on my beliefs and said I had a fear. They completely changed everything we said, and even of the other people they interviewed. In other words, the Sun is utter rubbish and completely untrustworthy; however it did make for an enjoyable mid-morning tea-break read, especially page 3, when I first worked as builder in the UK.

Another thing which struck me recently, I was watching one of the audition shows of American Idol with Avril Lavigne as a guest judge. A married Christian pastor guy with three kids came to sing, he sang well, the other 3 regular judges liked him and voted yes, but Avril said no, she said she didn't think he was up to spending a lot of time away from his family and church. However, she has no problem saying yes to a single mother rock chick. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, was that she had a bone to pick against Christians. Maybe she had genuine intentions and just lapsed a bit in consistency but she surely gave the impression of bias against believers in this one situation. I still secretly like her music though.

As for Elton, one commenter on that article wrote "Another superannuated sodomite desperately looking for self-justification, blaspheming and offending billions of believers while doing so. Pathetic."
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 3:15:57 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
HAHA Jesus was gay coz he had some kind of empathy. Love it.

Yes Matt - we were interviewed in the Guardian a few years back about city living. The headline was "I never let the kids out for too long" But what we actually said to the question was "No the kids dont go out because they are too young" lol

There were other things like how we visit the lake district and seaside every week... LOL
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:18:07 PM(UTC)
kp

I'm so old that I can remember when being called a "gay man" meant you were light hearted and happy. But Isaiah prophesied concerning Yahshua, "He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." (Isaiah 53:) So, as usual, Elton is dead wrong. Just shut up and play the piano.

kp
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:59:28 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
kp wrote:
Just shut up and play the piano.
kp

Agreed, he's great at that and he is a great singer, no need for him to do anything else.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline edStueart  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:48:20 AM(UTC)
edStueart

James wrote:
Agreed, he's great at that and he is a great singer, no need for him to do anything else.

Come to think of it, I do not want to hear about anything he does when he is offstage.

Ewwww!!!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!