logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:12:17 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Since I have learned more about YHWH, his name, the miqra's, etc. I have tried to elighten my wife. She does use the proper names around me and has told me that she tries to use them when she prays, but she seems to be doing it only for me. When I told her about the miqra's and explained to her how and why Easter and Christmas are wrong, she struggled with things. But around Passover, she was easily able to forgo the paganism of Easter in favor of Passover, despite family members giving my daughter an Easter basket. She really stressed over giving up Christmas, but when I explained to her that Yahushua was more than likely born during the Feast of Tabernacles, she was willing to have us do "gift exchange" during that time, instead of Christmas. Now, with Tabernacles so close, we can't afford to give gifts (which to me just feels like we moved "Christmas" up some) to family and friends, so she wants us to do it at Christmas.

So, I have a wife that is trying to cling to errent ways, and I don't know what to do. It is one thing for me to tell other family members that we don't do Christmas anymore, but how do you deal with a spouse who wants to keep doing it? I just had a conversation with her and she was saying something about not wanting to have our daughter feel left out when she is older and everyone around her is having Christmas, getting gifts, and "calling her a 'freak' or something" because she doesn't celebrate Christmas. That bothers me. I don't want to do something I know is wrong just to fit in with everyone. It is hard to convince her it is wrong. How do I do that?

I know some of you will tell me to have her read Yada Yahuweh. I tried that already. I actually got her to sit down with me and us read it together. She just couldn't comprehend it. It was much too in depth for her. The only thing she says she remembers is that dwd means "love," and that is only because my name is David. We only got through the first two chapters. So, how do you teach the truth to someone who has a hard time comprehending anything other than what they grew up learning?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:27:44 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think she is doing quiet well!

The thing that I have noticed about all of this "crazy new stuff" that destroyed the way I was, is that its personal. The truth is the truth, but Yahweh knows how to handle people... We are pretty much alone at the moment, and although I believe there is a time coming where through our relationship Yahweh will beable to change lives, that isnt here yet. My wife and I have been looking at all this for about 2 years and only now would I say im starting to get somewhere with implementing and understanding it. Its something Yahweh has been really patient with me, so although part of me wants to grab everyone by the shoulders and shake em, its not gonna work like that... we have seen this happening already - people dont LIKE the truth, because they dont know and dont want to look into the fact that it IS the truth.

I would say your wife is doing well! Think of it from her perspective, your husband suddenly sounds like hes going JW with the whole we arnt doing Christmas, easter blar blar... and then hes on about all these feast things that you have no idea about... He wants to take away Christmas, the one time your kids live for each year and a great time for fellowship with other Christians and familly...

For her to be so sensitive around you is awesome.

Some of us dont get it quick - and I bet you didnt take it in that quick either... its a jorney for each person, each way is different and at the moment it works on a different time scale as Yahweh knows each of us. If you find it hard to read and absorb YY - which if im honest I do, it can be tough.

So I want to encourage you! Your wife seems like she is getting somewhere, and it seems like you are displaying it well to her :) but it will take a change in her spirit to realise the Truth - thats what I found anyway...

Keep going mate, just remeber - your wife could be like a brick wall of Christian doctorine, atleast she is alowing things to happen in your house! You could be in a worse situation :D Yahweh is working - just keep praying it in, and getting yourself closer to Him... coz the closer you are, the more you will beable to explain -and not just with words :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:57:55 PM(UTC)
shalom82

you'll just have to give her time Icy, I mean according to Allah, women are born stupid....sorry for the stupid joke, but all joking aside I have to say that Robskiwarrior is one hundred percent correct. I would say she is doing well, and the fact that she is open to change and will give your "crazy" thoughts the time of day is really wonderful. Maybe you shouldn't start with Yadayahweh. I mean it is absolutely wonderful and it is the book that led me to the truth, but try to find your own way to tell her. Try to show her how much Yahuweh cares about his name, his ways, and his miqras, and try to show her how much Yahuweh and that our "christian" holidays celebrate a sleeping paganism that I almost doubt is sleeping but more like scheming....well that paganism can and will be awakened in the coming months and years. Tell her this with force but with compassion and love

Jeremiah 16:19 - O Yahuweh, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. 20 - Shall a man make elohim unto himself, and they are no elohim? 21 - Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is Yahuweh.

Here is a video that might help you from Michael Rood.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hqzg2fpanH8

Deut. 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, "How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same." 31 You must not worship the YHWH your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the YHWH hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

Lev.20.23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

Lev.18.3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices.

Here are some verses to start with. Tell her the significance of Egypt in Lev. 18.3. Egypt is not just the land of the pyramids...but the pagan world that lives in superstition and worships false idols at large. It is our own flawed self. We have been made part of Israel...an Israel that was, is and will forever be Yahuweh's people.

You will have to try to find a fellowship that replaces your family's God given need for interaction and community. I hope it will be possible to do that, if not you could start your own havaruh group that studies and spends the miqras together.

You need to establish that you will not walk in the ways of pagans but only in the ways of Yahuweh.....You must show her how ridiculous it is to assume that your daughter is missing out on Christmas...she is missing out on Yahuweh's great gift to us.

Show her how ridiculous childmas is.....but above all things don't rush her and don't be insensitive to her...as I am sure you are....show her you are doing this because you love her and your daughter.

Here is a link that might help you. www.graftedin.com

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:40:20 PM(UTC)
shohn

Your story mirrors mine almost to tee, with the exception of the "freak" comment ;)

If this helps, the thing that helped my wife was reading about ol' Tazmuz, seeing the word Ishter in the footnotes, explaining to her that Easter = Ishter, and that some "lucky" virgins got impregnated each year as part of Easter. It begged the question to her.... surely the scholars knew that Ishter = Easter... why would they not call it out? She felt deceived. It was actually in the comments of a "Life Application Study" bible - Ezekiel if I remember correctly.

That was what first opened her eyes that something was amiss.

Then we sat there and together and analyzed a specific conclusion where it was stated something to the effect, "God just said if you don't know his name then you are not a part of his family". Our objective was to determine whether the conclusion was correct. I asked her her opinion. I said I like Yada, but I still think we need to make sure each conclusion is correct. She is now starting to really warm up to the analysis of this stuff since I'm involving her. She becomes a part of the solution and helps poke holes in my own conclusions and Yada's. In the end, we actually disagreed with that conclusion in particular; however, it taught her to do her homework and to start thinking critically about everything she has been taught.

She has recently asked me for dates that would be acceptable and started inquiring about the festivals and such. She asked me to get her as close as she could to the actual birth date for now to transition the kids away from Christmas. We've all been living in this for a couple thousand years, so I wouldn't think it is unreasonable for your wife or mine to not grasp the significance of all this at first.

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:15:27 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Thank you all for your encouragement.

I guess it is hard for me to see it from her perspective, because I have always had an inkling of the truth in the back of my mind. Reading YY just confirmed much of what I had already speculated. So it did come quickly for me. Because of that, I guess I subconsiously assume that it should come quickly for everyone. In my mind, I think that it is obvious, all one has to do is read a verse or two and they should have all of the lies shattered. I see it does not work that way though. Thank you for showing me the reality of the situation.

I think things would be easier if I found a fellowship that walked in the ways of YHWH. I grew very disillusioned with the church we were attending. There was one couple that were on the path to the truth who tried out a Messianic congregation and encouraged us to go. I attended the place once and did not feel YHWH there. They were too rabbinical. My friend told me to not be so critical because those people were open to learning the truth. He attended a few more times and then stopped, because there was no love there. So, we are all back at the same church (I hate even calling it that), and don't care for it at all. I don't even know why I attend, other than to interact with people. I can't stomach anything the pastor preaches. He is clueless and is blind and afraid of anything I tell him. I am trying to slowly share the truth with my peers though. I was teaching a class using FH for awhile, but I only got as far as explaining the miqra, and people became overwhelmed.

How much easier it would be if we all lived close enough to fellowship in person. Until I found the forum, I felt like I was one of 3 people in the world that had a clue (Yada and KP being the other two). Knowing kp only lives a few hours away, I really wanted to meet him so I could talk with a like minded believer in person, and give my wife a chance to hear things from someone other than me.
Offline shohn  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:51:36 AM(UTC)
shohn

I actually discussed this with my wife. We were talking about Calvanism, etc. and I didn't think it made sense, that is, predestination. I wondered though, this concept of the elect, those that are called, etc.

So I asked her if she felt any sort of calling. Nope. Anything? Nope. Do you think the scriptures are true? Yes.

I've felt it my whole life for as long as I can remember. Why are we here is what I asked my mother when only three. My wife recalls never experiencing anything like that.

I do wonder if each of us has been given a different measure of "calling" and that those who are given it are to do something with it - that is, bring it to those who are not - a sort of first fruits if you will. Not that we did anything to deserve the calling - it was just inate, the way he made us. If I have a calling then I can not expect my wife who does not have it to so easily digest everything or to appreciate it so quickly, but I can try and try until I find something that hits home like ol' Tamuz.

Also, it helped her when I let her know that it felt a little weird saying Yahshua instead of Jesus at first, but then it fit like a glove after awhile.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:45:36 AM(UTC)
kp

Icy: Is that you, David? Welcome to the forum.

Guys, don't imagine that just because Yada and I have stumbled onto some truth, that we have therefore been able to successfully alter the cultural reality that swirls around us, especially in the coming winter season. Life is a learning process. I can't help but smile sheepishly and shrug when I realize that ten or fifteen years ago, I would have been quite concerned with "putting Christ back in Christmas." When my numerous kids were growing up, it was a wonderful time of year, a time for family and giving and feasting and remembering what God had done for us throughout the year. Now that I know it's just another day, and I've stopped "celebrating" it as such, my grown kids think I've gone round the bend. My family's stopgap solution (since the kids still like to visit home base once in a while) is to try to shift everything from "Christmas" to Thanksgiving. That way, at least, we don't have to explain our antisocial lack of decorations and "holiday spirit." We still get to gather the family around, have a feast, and remember what God has done---without being burdened with the trappings of a bogus religious holiday. I'd love to move it all to the Feast of Tabernacles, but since I didn't know shinola about God's miqrym when my kids were little and sorta teachable, there's an awfully steep learning curve to overcome.

kp
Offline Joseph  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:01:16 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

Hi Icy, and welcome from a relative 'newbie" who is at least as confused and conflicted as you are!

Here's my story in a nutshell: I have gone from Catholic to athiest to agnostic to deist to born from above. Long ago I married a beautiful woman who saved my life, sufferred my wanderings, gave me five wonderful children and smiled and nodded when, after more than two decades I told her that I have at last found out that God has been waiting for me.

She has always believed. She has always known - somehow - that I would find my way. She taught Sunday school when our boys were young and impressionable and I was busy being too full of my secular humanism to do anything other than to say, "sure, wake up on Sunday and take them to church if you want" We both have always been suckers for Christmas.

She has always believed in the jovial, "it's all good," works will save you God. All of the sudden I find myself wanting to educate her. But really, what capital do I have here? I've been where I am for less than a year; she's been firmly in her spot for half a century. She is already calling Him Yahweh, respecting the fact that I honor the Sabbath, and noting - albiet it casually - the Miqra. For all I know, she has a much better, more solid and longer relationship than I do. Who am I, really, to tell her anything different!

So this will be my first Christmas in the Light of the Truth. It's kind of easy for me. I'm going to celebrate it the way I always have, as a completely secular celebration of my friends and family. If I raise my voice in praise, if I shed a tear of joy as millions of sincere lovers of the one true God offer honest praise in the process, am I doing any harm? I don't know. Nor do I know where I'll be on the subject next Christmas. I do know that I will be honoring Yahweh to the best of my ability on His set apart days. I pray that I may be as patient with my beautiful, loving wife as she was with me because I honestly don't know that I'd be where I am today were it not for her
Offline shalom82  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:08:30 PM(UTC)
shalom82

What I meant by starting out with YY is that it can be pretty...heavy....no scratch that...really heavy. There's a lot of truth out there from a lot of sources. YY may appeal to more cerebral types. Think about what engages your wife.
Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Icy  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 4:02:27 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Yeah ken, it's me. Thanks for the welcome. It is good to finally be on the forum and realizeing that there are more people out there.

Thank you all for your suggestions/advice/personal experiances, as they have all helped.