logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 3:16:36 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Swalchy,

I have most of the verses pulled out of the YY text (everything except what is under final edit) and am slowly working my way through splitting verses. There are over 1100 lines to do. I am also waiting for direction from Yow'el as to the need to retain the bolded formatting of the verses. Unfortunately I originally did a lot of the work on my wife's MAC and it would not retain the formatting.

Until I hear from Yow'el there is not a lot to do. I will continue working on the verses that have formatting, but most of what is left is unformatted. Once I have direction, I would be eager to share this work.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 5:08:45 PM(UTC)
In His Name

I tried everything I could think of but essentially yes the copy and paste into MAC lost the formatting. It did not reappear when I moved to a PC. So if they do indeed need the bolded format it will be 15 to 20 hours work that will need to be done, plus the verse splitting, then there are many partial verses, and duplicate verses, etc...

I think they are just wanting the amplified version now, but my ultimate goal is the 'bold only' version.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 5:14:29 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Absolutely, sounds great, but again there is no sense in splitting the unformatted verses if Yow'el and Yada need the formatted verses.

So how would you suggest distributing the files?
Offline Yah Tselem  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:44:05 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

If you need me to be one of the 10, send it on over.
Offline Y.I.K.  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:51:35 PM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

I will definitly help as well.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:48:58 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I have all the verses, pulled, out, and am about to start going through and formating it. By formating,I simply mean making it readable, blending amplifications and such. I should have it mostly complete by the end of the week. I just need to sit down and do it. I was going to do it fully amplified, i.e. exactly as it appears in Yada Yahweh.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline In His Name  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:26:55 PM(UTC)
In His Name

OK, so I got and email from Yow'el. It doesn't sound like the formatting is mandatory, so let's proceed. Anyone who wants to help with this send your contact information to me through forum email and I will send you a piece to work on.

The document is actually in an excel spreadsheet. I will send anyone interested 100 lines at a time. Second helpings are allowed.

James is your document Word or Excel??

Offline James  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:04:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

It's a word doc. Once I get it formated, I'll send you the first draft, and you can proof check it and see if I missed anything.

Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 4:03:14 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Yay! Finally someone is deciding to take over control of this project. I did mention it some while ago so I am also volunteering to do some work here. Throw me some lines and tell me what you want done!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline In His Name  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 4:31:14 AM(UTC)
In His Name

OOPS!

I just heard from Yow'el again. He does need the bold formatting.

I will take care of that while those of you who want to help work on splitting verses.

1. Send me your contact info via forum email
2. I will send you 100 lines to split
3. Send them back to me when you are done
4. I will send more if you want

Thanks
Offline Y.I.K.  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:02:07 AM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

I just have a quick question. What exactly am I supposed to do? I read the directions it came with, but I'm afraid I don't understand quite what is being asked. What is meant by "splitting up" the verses? Thanks.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline James  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:48:27 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Quick opinion question to everyone. I was thinking I'd rather not have verses, since that makes it a lot easier for someone to take something out of context. I'm thinking I would like to do it with chapter breaks, alone. So if you're quoting something, you can note the chapter, but someone can't say that John 5:52 says ....., They would have to quote an entire chapter. But if people think it would be easier to have the verses in, I can do that too.

Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 7:49:42 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
James wrote:
Quick opinion question to everyone. I was thinking I'd rather not have verses, since that makes it a lot easier for someone to take something out of context. I'm thinking I would like to do it with chapter breaks, alone. So if you're quoting something, you can note the chapter, but someone can't say that John 5:52 says ....., They would have to quote an entire chapter. But if people think it would be easier to have the verses in, I can do that too.

I like verses for easy reference, sorry ;)

I use Swalchy's website often to quote from or read up on something but I have to read an entire passage and compare it to English versions to find out where the relevant verse starts and ends which can seem time consuming if I'm short for time. However, I do believe in the whole context reasoning but for easy reference verse numbers are good to have. But Swalchy's website is good in that he uses verse numbers in the side margin which make it a lot easier, but only writes the verse number starting the passage and the verse number that ends the passage, maybe you want to adopt this option, which I think would be good for YY.

Edit: By the way, if anyone wants to throw a chapter my way to do I'd be more than willing to help!
Offline James  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:30:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I like Swalchy's presentation as well, I will use it as a base.

Offline In His Name  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:19:32 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Y.I.K. wrote:
I just have a quick question. What exactly am I supposed to do? I read the directions it came with, but I'm afraid I don't understand quite what is being asked. What is meant by "splitting up" the verses? Thanks.

Sorry YIK. Check your forum email. I left some new directions.
Offline In His Name  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:22:29 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Yah Tselem wrote:
If you need me to be one of the 10, send it on over.

Yah Tselem, if you would like to help send me an email address using forum email and I will set you up.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:53:20 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I'd like to help, but I'm getting an error using the site email.

IHN, please contact me at hd99fxst (at) windstream (dot) net

(An example from what's already done along with the instructions would help this bear of very little brain.)

Thanks!
Offline Marcus  
#18 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 4:58:58 AM(UTC)
Marcus

What do you have left so far? Send and I will help
Offline In His Name  
#19 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 11:36:56 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Thanks for the offer.

RWY I will send 100 lines this evening.

Marcus send me your email via Forum mail and I will send you some as well.

There are 300 lines out, being worked on by forum members and a little more than 600 left to be done, so your help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I am hoping to wind up this portion of the file in the next 2 to 3 weeks, so I would ask that everyone finish up and return their piece by the end of November, THANKS
Offline In His Name  
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 5:49:38 AM(UTC)
In His Name

I am just leaving for the afternoon. I will send it this evening.

Thanks