logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 12:38:32 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Brothers and Sisters,
I would just like to know how you all are applying Torah in your lives. I thought we would have discussions about how we live our lives according to YHWH's word...his great gift to his beloved children. We could discuss and gather inspiration from each other and knowledge.

I will share a little bit with you to get things started.

I have been eating Kosher (not rabbinic standards) for more than half a year now. And I really am feeling healthier. My skin has improved and my complexion is clearer. I have also noticed an improvement in my arthritis. Unfortunately I am a young man...but yes I have arthritis. My digestion has also improved too. HalleluYAH

I have been wearing tzit tzit for nearly the same amount of time. I tell you I never gave the cross around my neck a second thought. The other day I saw a man with a tattoo of a naked lady with a cross around his neck. I see girls all over the place selling their sex (sorry that's what they do), yet they wear the cross. At first it was tough, but I tell you it has improved my relationship with YHWH, and it his emboldened a generally timid person who cares way too much about what other people think. I cannot count the times when I have been tempted or have had a moment of temporary insanity (anger) that was dismanteled by the tassels swaying in the breeze. I have learned to trust in Yahuweh, and care about what he thinks rather than what men think. I see that blue cord and I see the king Messiah exhorting me...the Messiah who became unclean for me (cerulean mussel)

There are many other mitzvot that I have sought to incorporate into my life and they have all benefited me eventually even if it was difficult to start doing them. The prescriptions and precepts of Yahuweh are truly a joy. I got the ball rolling, I hope others will respond.
shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:41:37 AM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Shalom82,

If you are interested in the Torah, may I suggest reading a book by Ken Power entitled, The Owners Manual: A Review of the Torah. It is available free on-line here.

There is also a topic devoted to the Torah, moderated by KP, available on the forum.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:45:02 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Yada,
I really do appreciate KP's book. It continues to be a very valuable tool in my quest to walk in Abba's ways and indeed walk with him.
As an aside Yada, I would just like to say that I get more excited than a kid at Christmas (Sorry for the Pun) with every new chapter of YY that comes out. I have actually followed this site for a long time, and now I am happy to take a much more active approach in joining this forum.

Thanks again for everything

-Shalom82
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.