logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:11:52 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok so as some of you know we are having the inlaws/parents over for some of the Tabs celebrations - this year we are having it instead of Christmas, which is cool.

Anyway, here is the document we have drawn up so far, please feel free to add your views. We wanted to keep it short for the simple reason that they will have no excuse not to read it. :)

I want to challenge them to think, without seeming to mock them if you know what I mean :D

http://alteredaspect.info/examples/tabs.zip

Updated to v1.2

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:02:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:25:50 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
wrote:
Sadly most Christians today know very little about these feasts because for 16 Centuries Christian clerics have concealed, spoken against, and replaced these special appointments with God with counterfeit celebrations, such as the pagan festival Mithras which has been “Christianized” to become Christmas.

I think you mean the Pagan festival for the birth of Mithras, as Mitras was a god and not a festival.

wrote:
Mother earth was said to be impregnated by the Sun at Easter (the Sunday closest to the vernal equinox). Nine months later, on the Winter Solstice, the son of the sun was born. Christians have since called this Christmas.

Just a suggestion, but I would point out that Mother Earth was Estarte/Easter, just to drive home the connection with easter and paganism.

wrote:
We are told in Scripture to “rejoice before Yahweh your God for seven days…this is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come.” (Leviticus 23:40-41) The Israelites literally built tents and camped out with Yahweh. All we have to do is cuddle up with our Heavenly Father and enjoy His protection and support, remember the appointment, understand the symbolism in this day, and share the truth with anyone who’ll listen.

I really like this part.

wrote:
What does this mean for us/you?
Back in the year 2000, we individually prayed asking God to take the driving seat in our lives. We said that whatever the cost, however good or bad it got, we would put our trust in God and in His plan. The journey we’ve taken has been long, and at times it has been difficult, but by choosing God’s way over mans, and relationship over religion, we have found a peace and a freedom beyond compare. Over the past 3 years we have discovered the beauty of God’s name, Yahweh, and the amazing rest that observing Sabbath brings. The Feasts have brought us closer to Yahweh and helped us to put the pieces of the puzzle together: We have both always found church a difficult place to be - and now we know why.

We don’t want to bombard you with Theology. It’s your journey and your relationship is between you and God, but we want you to know where we are at and would love it if one day you came to love Yahweh’s Feasts as much as we do. In Colossians 2:8 Paul prays, “our prayer for you asks for you to be filled with correct and precise knowledge regarding His purposes and will in all insights and wisdom and the awareness that connects and relates things by way of the Spirit”.

Great ending.

I think this is really great Rob, hopefully it will not fall on deaf ears. I hope you don't mind if I share it with some. I already emailed it to my wife.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:03:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

yea no probs if anyone wants to modify/use it for their own purpose! Juski is the main author lol and Yada is the source really... :D

Updated it with James idea - its now version 1.1 :)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:06:04 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

updated again :S LOL
Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:24:08 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Well done -- thanks for posting this.
I forwarded it, intact, to a few family and friends who seemed confused when I mentioned Tabernacles.

Offline Yah Tselem  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:50:34 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

I'm going to read it to the wife and the 4 kids tonight.. well really only 3 of them since one is only a 1 yr old :) thanks