logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:05:04 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Quote:
And then there’s the matter of the letter written by Pontius Pilate explaining to the Emperor why he crucified Yahshua of Nazareth. The letter, now in the British Museum...
Source: http://futurehistory.yad...7_Gods_Timeline.Prophecy

Quote:
And then there's a letter written by Pontius Pilate explaining to the Emperor why he crucified Yahushua of Nazareth. The letter, now in the British Museum...
Source: http://yadayahweh.com/Yada_Yahweh_Salvation.YHWH

Both KP and Yada say a letter from Pilate to the Emperor is in the British Museum, but I can't find it referenced anywhere online besides a few Christian and Atheist websites, but nothing concerning the location of the original and the legitimacy of it, except Atheists calling it a fable. A search on their (British Museum) website does show they host a coin with Pilate's inscription on it, but no letter comes up in the search results.

Anyone (kp?) can confirm?

;)
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:25:42 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Matthew, I vaguely recall coming across this question once before in this forum. If you select view "All Posts" at the drop down prompt at the bottom of the panel, you should be able to view all of the threads in the history of this forum rather than the default recent few months worth. I took a few minutes of searching using this technique but did not find it so far. If I find it, I'll try to direct you to it.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:31:05 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Okay, the good news is that I found the thread in the Seeker's folder posted August 11, 2007. The bad news was that post did not receive an answer. At that time Shohn asked:

Quote:
Okay, I've got another one. I'm sorry I keep asking these things, I'm not trying to cause trouble, but hopefully the answers here will answer someone else's questions eventually!

A letter from Pontius Pilate that is in some museum in London is referenced as another source to verify the 33 CE timeline. Just about everything I've looked up on this letter indicates that it was forgery. What lead to the conclusion that it wasn't or that it was authentic?
--
Shohn of Texas

I'm curious about this one as well, although I wouldn't be troubled by if the letter were dubious.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:35:19 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I know Theo, I recall asking something about Pontius a while ago, but could not find the thread I started. LOL.

EDIT:

While drifting off to sleep last night I suddenly I the title of my previous question regarding Pilate, it was And Pilate wrote a title too..., I was asking about the how Yahshua's Name would have appeared on the stake.

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:01:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:09:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Ok, I found the same question being asked, by my myself again, on the thread TTOI Video Podcats:

My question:

Me wrote:
Regarding the crucifixion conspiracy, I have noticed a lot of evidence in Roman history telling the story of Pontius Pilate. Both KP and Yada mention that Pilate's letter to Herod can be found at the British Museum, but I've never been there and can't find any mention of it on the British Museum website, I trust their source to be true though. But people better face the facts, the story of Yahshua is probably the most documented (even according to secular standards) event to ever happen on this earth.

People who deny it in whatever shape or form have no legs to stand on.

KP's repsonse:

kp wrote:
Long after Yada and I learned of the existence of the Pilate letter, I actually stumbled across the translated text online someplace (sorry, I can't remember where), and I must admit that it smelled like a fraud---too good to be true. On the other hand, there would have been no reason to change the date, which was the only part of the letter I appealed to as evidence: the "fifth of the calends of April," which is strong evidence that the crucifixion occurred in 33, not 32.
Offline edStueart  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:01:26 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Matthew wrote:
Ok, I found the same question being asked, by my myself again, on the thread TTOI Video Podcasts:

Wow! Someone actually watched it! Made my day!

Regarding KP's response that 'Pilate's letter' was just 'too good to be true', I have much the same feeling regarding some of the Ron Wyatt finds. Indiana Jones would say Wyatt's string of finds is more incredible than his. But if they are authentic.... Whoa!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:32:12 AM(UTC)
kp

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, "ed," but you've gotta remember that Wyatt was working for Yahweh. Indiana Jones was only working for Stephen Speilberg. As "impressive" as his archeological finds, to my mind, are Wyatt's filmed "personal appearances." There didn't seem to be a self-promoting bone in his body---not what you'd expect from someone with a book to sell or dates to fill on the lucrative lecture circuit (things Wyatt shunned). He just didn't fit the profile of the kind of professional liar of which we've grown wary through bitter experience. His only agenda, as far as I can tell, was to vindicate the Word of God.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:42:27 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I notice there are claims that Pilate wrote letters to both Herod and Tiberius Ceasar. There some claims of the letter to Tiberius being housed in the library of Rome.

I like Ron Wyatt's stuff and like the fact he displayed his findings free on his site (clearly he did not have an false agenda), but a lot of people have bee trying to discredit him, especially claiming he placed a modern day four-spoke wheel in the ocean to appear as if it was the one from Pharoah's chariot. I'm reminded of Romans 1:18 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness." Atheists claim lack of evidence but they are the one's suppressing the evidence.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:39:59 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I think I posted this before, but it bears repeating...
Those of you interested in Wyatt's work may want to pick up a copy of Richard Rives' "Time is the Ally of Deceit".
It's a great summary of the history of pagan influence in mainstream Christianity.
Well written -- well documented. Very helpful in sharing the truth.
(Richard accompanied Ron on some of his work -- Sodom and Gomorrah, among others, I think.)

Disclaimer -- no affiliation, just appreciate his work.
Offline Marcus  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 8:37:51 AM(UTC)
Marcus

All manuscripts etc were moved to the British Library in 1999.

SO I have a message to the British Library they have not gotten back to me.
Offline Marcus  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:54:31 AM(UTC)
Marcus

This is the letter I got back form the Library

Dear Dr Abreu,

There are no surviving original letters by Herod or Pontius Pilate, to each other or to anyone else. Any manuscripts of them which do exist are forgeries or much later copies. A Syriac MS in the British Library Oriental Collections (reference number Add. 14609) contains a 6th or 7th Century copy of the letters. Here is the catalogue description of the MS:

THE DOCTRINE Of St. Peter;-The life of St. Anthony, by St. Athan-
asius;-Account of the Monks in Egypt;-Life of Serapion;-
Letter of Herod to Pilate, and of Pilate to Herod;-The Recogni-
tions of St. Clement. On vellum, of the vith or viith century.
Quarto. [14,609.]

There are many modern texts and English translations of the letters, including the one on the website link you gave.

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Zoë Stansell

MSS Enquiries