logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:02:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
November 18, 2008

Gay groups seek conservatives’ help on civil unions
By Adelle M. Banks

WASHINGTON -- The day after California voters approved a ban on same-sex marriage, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a statement declaring that it did not object to certain rights for same-sex couples. Now, a Utah gay-rights organization has seized on that and other statements by church leaders and is hoping Mormons will help in seeking legislation that would advance benefits for gay and lesbian partnerships.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline edStueart  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:44:41 PM(UTC)
edStueart

I saw an article in The Onion that discussed a state going beyond permitting same-sex marriage and made it mandatory!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline kp  
#53 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:01:31 AM(UTC)
kp

Just to inform those who might be alarmed at Ed's report, "The Onion" is a spoof, fake news satarizing the real stuff (which is often just as scary).

kp
Offline In His Name  
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:01:37 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
Just to inform those who might be alarmed at Ed's report, "The Onion" is a spoof, fake news satarizing the real stuff (which is often just as scary).

kp

Whoa! Thanks KP, Ed had me sweating there...
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#55 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 11:09:42 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
With Same-Sex Marriage, a Court Takes on the People’s Voice
By Jesse McKinley / New York Times

When the California Supreme Court begins weighing arguments over same-sex marriage - again - in December, some 18,000 such marriages could hang in the balance. And the justices could lose out, too; some are already being threatened with being voted out of office if they rule Proposition 8 is unconstitutional.

source
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#56 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:10:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

From Religion News Stories:

Quote:
Cizik, under pressure for gay comments, resigns from NAE
By Adelle Banks

WASHINGTON -- The top Washington lobbyist for the National Association of Evangelicals, who had already faced criticism for his embrace of environmental activism, resigned Thursday (Dec. 11) after signaling support for same-sex civil unions.

Read on
Yada attached the following image(s):
cizikprofile_200.jpg
Offline Yada  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:37:05 AM(UTC)
Yada

From TIME magazine:

Quote:
Gay Family Values

The gay adoption boom may be less about support for gay rights than it is about the urgency of finding homes for abandoned children. Full story
Offline Yada  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:54:54 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Pope's controversial comments 2:21
Pope Benedict XVI reiterates the Roman Catholic Church's opposition to homosexual behavior. CNN's Alessio Vinci reports.
Offline Yada  
#59 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2008 8:56:54 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this short video from `Blow the Trumpet Ministry` entitled Return to Sodom.
Offline Yada  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 7:58:30 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#61 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 5:27:12 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN'

iceland1.jpg
Offline Yada  
#62 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:41:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this online:

Quote:
On divisive issue of gay clergy, two churches weigh softer stance
Lutherans and Presbyterians may allow local congregations to choose people in same-sex relationships as pastors

By Jane Lampman

Two mainline Protestant denominations, after decades of wrestling over the place of homosexuality in the church, are considering allowing local congregations to select pastors who are in long-term, monogamous, same-gender relationships. full story
Offline edStueart  
#63 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:19:10 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Yada wrote:

Lutherans and Presbyterians may allow local congregations to choose people in same-sex relationships as pastors.

"Vice is a monster of such fearful mien,
to be hated, needs but to be seen.
Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face,
We first endure, then pity, then embrace."

-Alexander Pope
Offline Yada  
#64 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 4:35:59 PM(UTC)
Yada

A couple of recent quotes 'in the news:'

Quote:
Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Where were these leaders of faith when college students of gay and lesbian orientation were beaten and often brutalized for expressing their feelings to each other? "

--New York Gov. David Paterson, speaking Tuesday (April 28) to gay rights advocates lobbying in Albany, N.Y., about how some same-sex marriage opponents who cite religious beliefs didn't act on their faith earlier. He was quoted by the Associated Press.

And:

Quote:
Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I do not fault her for her beliefs. I fault her for complete lack of social grace, and that's a quality I want my Miss USA to possess. "

--Miss USA pageant judge Alicia Jacobs, on the claims of a Christian contestant, Miss California Carrie Prejean, that she was denied the crown because she told judges that gay couples should not be allowed to marry. Jacobs was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline In His Name  
#65 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:59:27 AM(UTC)
In His Name

From above:
Quote:
Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I do not fault her for her beliefs. I fault her for complete lack of social grace, and that's a quality I want my Miss USA to possess. "

--Miss USA pageant judge Alicia Jacobs, on the claims of a Christian contestant, Miss California Carrie Prejean, that she was denied the crown because she told judges that gay couples should not be allowed to marry. Jacobs was quoted by The Associated Press.

Putting aside the forum this came out of;
The hypocrisy is dripping. Obama made virtually the same statement pre-election and was applauded, I never heard him receive any flak from it. This girl has the courage to answer honestly and she is berated.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline BiynaYahu  
#66 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:28:05 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

In His Name wrote:
From above:

Putting aside the forum this came out of;
The hypocrisy is dripping. Obama made virtually the same statement pre-election and was applauded, I never heard him receive any flak from it. This girl has the courage to answer honestly and she is berated.

To me this whole concept is meaningless. I seriously can't understand what this argument is about. I mean it boils down to this for me. I DO want a monogamous loving relationship with a woman some day, and to spend the rest of my life with her. I DON'T want a big ceremony, nor do I want the government involved in my marriage. I don't care whether or not they consider me married. As far as the legal marriage certificate and the lauded tax breaks everyone keeps talking about, everyone should be treated equally. People are people, and it all just sounds like greed, and worldliness in general to me.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Yada  
#67 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:22:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

YouTube was promoting this video under its "Documentary & Biography" section:

Any thoughts?
Offline Matthew  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From CNN:

Quote:
California high court upholds same-sex marriage ban
May 27, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- California's highest court upheld a voter-approved ban on same-sex marriages Tuesday but allowed about 18,000 unions performed before the ban to remain valid.

Offline edStueart  
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:58:18 AM(UTC)
edStueart

BiynaYahu wrote:
I DON'T want a big ceremony, nor do I want the government involved in my marriage.

I heard a comedian state that the preparation for the big ceremony and reception is the "gay" part of all marriages.
Offline bitnet  
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:13:36 PM(UTC)
bitnet

No wonder many "gay" people are involved in organising that part of the celebrations as well! These people took a perfectly nice word in the English language and twisted it so. What a waste of a word! And it was only three letters. So compact. So sweet. And now... look at what it has become! Almost unusable in its original form. Sigh! I fear for other words now. Especially the short words. One day perhaps the word "God" may mean something horrible to many people. Another waste of a three-letter word. SIGH! Of course, those who read YY know that it is not really a waste as the word is not quite what it seems. But you get the point. Words get warped in the wrong hands. Other examples are "fairy" and "queen", words often used delightfully in, er, fairy tales. What did the words do to get such treatment today! Double SIGH!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#71 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 6:36:51 AM(UTC)
kp

Not just a perfectly good English word, bitnet, but a perfectly good name, too. My beloved wife of 41 years is named Gayle, but she grew up being called by a nickname, "Gay." We met in college in the mid-sixties (funny: over four decades have gone by, and we're right back where we started---in the mid-sixties) and as we got more and more serious about each other, the married-name-change issue inevitably came up. Her name was going to be "Gay Power." Oops. Sounded like a militant homosexual movement. So I starting calling her Gayle, the name she was born with (and a name her father never called her unless he was angry). So for three years, she thought I was mad at her. (Not really, but it did take some getting used to :-)

kp
Offline edStueart  
#72 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:39:12 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
Her name was going to be "Gay Power."

Tell us you don't have a son named "Max"...

(Couldn't pass up the Simpson's reference.)
Offline Yada  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 7:55:43 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:37:14 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:10:29 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Obama to OK benefits for same-sex partners
President Obama will sign a memorandum today granting health care and other benefits to the same-sex partners of federal employees, two senior administration officials said. The signing will take place in the Oval Office and follows sharp criticism of the president over a Justice Department motion filed last week in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, which opposes same-sex marriage. full story
t1home.samesex.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#76 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:50:23 AM(UTC)
Yada

What does 'Gay pride' mean? From CNN: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-287373
Offline Yada  
#77 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 4:05:31 AM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Service:
Quote:

July 2, 2009

NEWS FEATURE

White House role puts gay activist in the spotlight
By Lindsay Perna

WASHINGTON—With his open-collar plaid shirt and slow Southern drawl, Harry Knox manages to make a spacious, glass conference room as cozy as the front porch of his Georgia home.

It’s a far cry from the portrait of a militant, anti-Catholic gay activist that some conservative Catholics painted of Knox after he was tapped to serve on an advisory panel for the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

Knox, 48, was appointed to the 25-member advisory panel following his four years of work as a liaison to religious groups for the Human Rights Campaign, one of the nation’s largest gay rights groups.

Read full story
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
Offline Yada  
#78 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:09:28 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

The caption on the photo below reads:

Quote:
Iraqi clerics say homosexuality must be eradicated but warn against anti-gay violence.
art.iraq.gi.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#79 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:47:49 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From BBC:

Quote:
Gay penguins book is most banned
1 October, 2009

Authors, artists and musicians are due to gather at a library in San Francisco to protest against the banning of books in schools and libraries in the US.

The event, part of the 27th annual Banned Books Week, has been organised by the American Library Association.

Since 2001 bans on 3,736 books and other materials have been requested.

In recent years, And Tango Makes Three - based on a true story and centring on gay penguins in New York's Central Park Zoo - has had the most ban requests.

The book's authors are Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell.

Reasons given by organisations and individuals for their requests to get it removed from public shelves, include "anti-ethnic, anti-family, homosexuality, religious viewpoint, and unsuited to age group".

From an earlier article this year of the same event. Also BBC:

Quote:
Male penguins raise adopted chick
3 June, 2009

Two "gay" male penguins have hatched a chick and are now rearing it as its adoptive parents, says a German zoo.

The zoo made headlines in 2005 over plans to "test" the sexual orientation of penguins with homosexual traits.

Three pairs of male penguins had been seen attempting to mate with each other and trying to hatch offspring from stones.

The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour.

The 2005 situation is as follows. Also BBC:

Quote:
Gay outrage over penguin sex test
14 February, 2005

Humboldt penguins are threatened with extinction
Gay rights activists have protested at a north German zoo's plans to test the sexual orientation of six male penguins which have displayed homosexual traits.
Bremerhaven's Zoo am Meer said it would introduce four extra female penguins from Sweden to the group to see if the males really were gay.

But zoo director Heike Kueck said "gay groups worldwide have been cursing us since that announcement".

Did any of you get this: Firstly, the penguins are rare which the homosexual community didn't seem to be interested in saving. Secondly, the male penguins were iitially in an unnatural situation by being isolated from nature and female penguins and also put into a zoo. Thirdly, when the zoo flew in female penguins to mate with the males in order to help the rare species to survive the homosexual community were outraged by the zoo's actions. And fifthly, the homosexual community then went and published a children's book about the event specifically aimed at children. Apparently, courtesy of a wiki article, the book contains the phrase "slept together" in reference to the two male penguins. Talk about hypocrisy by the homosexual community! These homosexuals aren't encouraging acceptence of same-sex unions but rather hoping that more children will become homosexual later in life, and thereby increasing the size of the gay population.