logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 3:32:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So as you all know our meeting with the elders was interesting...

I have been thinking a lot recently, I don't want people missing out on what is hidden from them... The new freedom and Joy I have found in the Truth, prophesy and Law of Yahuweh. Each time I speak about it, like at the meeting we had, and at other time, I always get shot down for "salvation by works" EVEN THOUGH I have said many times during the conversation that the Law has nothing to do with salvation.

How can I put across in a logical sentence that Relationship is all Yahweh wants, but that relationship needs to be right - and that the Law is part of that relationship, as is following what He says with regards to festivals/Sabbath...

How can I put my heart for Yahuweh into other people - Psalm 119 says it all so well for me, all of it lol

I feel like the truth I speak is met with fear, people don't want to hear that the Law is still something to aid and protect them.

my heart is breaking for what people who truly love Yahweh are missing.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Tiffany  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 5:34:40 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hi Rob,

I would say it this way, in any relationship we know of certain "rules" that must be followed. For example my best friend and I work very early in the morning and we don’t call each other after 9pm, so it is simple and just a general rule. That being said it can also be everything from being polite to just respecting the person in the room with us. The point I am trying to make is that without some boundaries set at the start of the relationship it struggles to be healthy.

I think Yahuweh gives us the law so that when we need help with something he has already prepared the answer for us; the law was set for our good not our harm. Now in all of the abuse handed down by the teachers of the law and the priest it’s easy to see why people fear or have a sour taste when it come to the law. Albeit sad I would say that I would approach it like you would when starting a new relationship with someone.

As you get to know them the things that were law/boundaries become part of the relationship and not so much a law anymore than just a foundation of this relationship, allowing room for error which Yahuweh is best at doing. I would also add it’s about the love, both given and received. I don't know if this helps but just writing this seems to be helping me!

Blessings
Tiffany
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 6:30:57 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tiffany wrote:
Hi Rob,

I would say it this way, in any relationship we know of certain "rules" that must be followed. For example my best friend and I work very early in the morning and we don’t call each other after 9pm, so it is simple and just a general rule. That being said it can also be everything from being polite to just respecting the person in the room with us. The point I am trying to make is that without some boundaries set at the start of the relationship it struggles to be healthy.

I think Yahuweh gives us the law so that when we need help with something he has already prepared the answer for us; the law was set for our good not our harm. Now in all of the abuse handed down by the teachers of the law and the priest it’s easy to see why people fear or have a sour taste when it come to the law. Albeit sad I would say that I would approach it like you would when starting a new relationship with someone.

As you get to know them the things that were law/boundaries become part of the relationship and not so much a law anymore than just a foundation of this relationship, allowing room for error which Yahuweh is best at doing. I would also add it’s about the love, both given and received. I don't know if this helps but just writing this seems to be helping me!

Blessings
Tiffany

Thats a great analogy thanks tiff :) - if anyone has any more like that would be good. Its so true when its said that the truth has been twisted, because what they look at IS truth, they just see it from the wrong angle, and makes it not truth lol.

ANYWAY thanks Tiff, im feeling so broken hearted for these Christians.

- Rob

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline J&M  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2007 11:21:32 AM(UTC)
J&M

Hi Rob

Just to let you know it does work sometimes, my second son, Sam, a postman, befriended a CofE (episcopalian) lay reader last year (Bill's wife, a vicar, had just passed away) . A few weeks ago he gave Bill 'Beginnings' , Bill is celebrating Trumpets with us next week....

But Bill was seeking truth, and that seems to be the key all the time.

Michael