logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 3:04:38 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday about this statement and I wondering if anyone had any ideas on what was originally written, since we know that wrong....

The New Living Translation

Revelation 19:16
On his robe and thigh was written this title: King of kings and Lord of lords.

Thanks!

Yada added this thought

We only have 5 pre-Constantine copies of Revelation and the most complete ends with the 17th chapter. But, based upon what we have of Revelation and the other RC manuscripts from the first through third centuries, it’s easy to deduce was written in 19:16. One of the following placeholders would have been used ΚΣ, ΚΥ, ΚΩ, ΚΝ, or ΚΕ to represent the Hebrew concept of ‘edon, meaning “Pillar, Upright Pillar, Foundation, and Base of the Tabernacle.” There are few concepts in Scripture more important than Yahushua being the Upright One, the Upright Pillar, the Foundation of the Tabernacle, and the One who stood up for us (on an upright pole) so that we could stand with Him.

There are seven Greek words, titles, and names which are never written out in the RC because Greek was deficient in conveying the accurate and full meaning of the Hebrew. This is one of them. Yahuweh, Yahushua, Elohym/God, Ruwach/Spirit, ‘Ab/Father, Ben/Son, and Messiyah/Anointed Implement of Yah are the others. Occasionally, stauros, the Greek word for “upright pillar,” (errantly changed to “cross”) and Yisra’el, meaning “living with God,” were depicted using placeholders. So the bottom line is: to understand the RC you have to understand the OC.

I hope this helps.

Yada
Offline Tiffany  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 8:42:54 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Can you please explain what these greek words mean, and why you think they are the ones used in this verse?