logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robert9876  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:42:38 PM(UTC)
Robert9876

So, I came to the realization that, if KP and Yada are right about the 2033 date (and I see no reason why they wouldn't be. I wouldn't bet against it!) being the end of the trib and start of the millennium, and the last possible time for the rapture to occur being in 2026, that means (and thats assuming the rapture happens THEN, in 2026, and not earlier) the oldest I will ever be (as a mortal) is at MAXIMUM, 37 (and thats if the rapture occurs AFTER oct. 27th, and I don't think it'll wait that long), which is, to say the least, a VERY strange realization. I'll never make it to 40... one way or the other...

With that said, a question popped into my head. A very important question I might add (to me at least). What happens to kids at the rapture? The reason I ask, is that I WON'T get married till I graduate college and am able to support a family, which at the earliest will be 2014, which means that the EARLIEST I could have kids is in 2014, and thats pretty much if... well, never mind.

Awkwardness aside, what happens to my potential future kids, who will be no older than 12 at the last possible time for the rapture to occur? I mean, do they come along, or do they stay here and wonder where mom and dad went? And what if... I dunno, it's troubling...

What if they are not old enough to make a decision? And for that matter, what about all the other kids who will only live to be 7 or 8 or 9 by the END of the trib (IF they are able to somehow survive)? Will Yahweh, in addition to taking away His Ekklesia, will He also take all the children? I would like to say yes, but then again, no, but then AGAIN, yes, but... then again, no... but...

I dunno... anyone got an answer?
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:07:45 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

(1Co 7:14) For the unbelieving husband has been set-apart in the wife, and the unbelieving wife has been set-apart in the husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are set-apart.

From this we see that children are set-apart if only even one parent is set-apart and the family holds fast together. So, go ahead and have a life, but preferably with one who is supportive and also a believer as another who is anti-Yahweh may lead to the troubles as faced by some members.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 7:35:26 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I would have to agree with bitnet, if the Parents are not believers, especially after the rapture, it is extremely unlikely that the child will come to have a relationship, whereas if the parents are believers, and are part of Yah's family then more than likely the child would eventually come to a relationship. Not to say this is a 100% of the time thing but more than likely. And a child in an unbelieving home during the tribulation, is not likely to come around I would think.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 7:55:51 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom friends,

(1Co 7:14) For the unbelieving husband has been set-apart in the wife, and the unbelieving wife has been set-apart in the husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are set-apart.

I'm sorry, but I'm alittle confused here. If we're saying that the children of a believer are set-apart unto salvation by or through a believers salvation, then what say you of the unbelieving spouse? Is he or she also set-apart unto salvation by or through their believing spouse according to the scripture given? It does say that also, or is there a different words used there for set-aprt in the greek? If not I think we might be taken that verse out of contex. Help me to understand this please.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 12:14:29 PM(UTC)
kp

Let's see...I addressed the whole "kids in the rapture" question in FH---chapter 8:

Quote:
...Lot’s children were spared because of his relationship with Yahweh (and not because they were such angels themselves—read the rest of Genesis 19). We need to address the emotionally charged issue of children in the rapture. Many commentators insist that all children “under the age of accountability” will be taken. They may be right, but there’s no scriptural basis for saying this. We are given no clear word on the issue, and precious few hints. Yahshua obviously had a special concern for them, for he said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” (Mark 10:14-15) One could argue that Yahshua was thereby guaranteeing a place in his kingdom for children who die very young, or those who are still “young and innocent” on rapture day. Still, the case for universal child rapture is pretty thin.

Perhaps we can draw some enlightenment from Paul’s observation: “I was alive once without [or, apart from] the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.” (Romans 7:9-11) Our infants possess the same sin nature we all inherited from Adam. But the implication could be drawn from this passage that those who have never actually committed a willful sin themselves—the kind of hand-in-the-cookie-jar experience that they knew was wrong when they did it—will be accounted as “alive” at the rapture. On the other hand, not having willfully sinned is not at all the same thing as having a relationship with Yahweh.

I’m going to go out on a theological limb here, but it appears to be solid enough. Children who are not mature enough to make their own spiritual choices may be raptured or left behind on the basis of their parents’ faith (SF4). They may be “saved” through the faith of either their mother or father—or left behind to face the last days with their unbelieving parents. Remember, there were children in Sodom who suffered the same fate as their evil parents, though Lot’s less-than-perfect daughters were rescued with him. Paul writes, “For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.” (I Corinthians 7:14) This, of course, puts a huge responsibility on the shoulders of parents (it’s there anyway), for their kids’ eternal fate is linked to their parents’ in the rapture.

This is not quite as unfair as it may sound for those kids left behind, however. A few years will probably pass between the rapture and the Tribulation, and the Tribulation itself will last seven years, so a four-year-old child of non-Christian parents at the time of the rapture could easily be (I’m guessing) thirteen or fourteen by the time Yahshua returns in His glory—plenty of time to figure it out and make his own choice. In other words, such a child has the same opportunity to make right or wrong decisions as anyone else on earth, before or after the rapture. I have a feeling that kids will “grow up fast” during this time. The trick will be staying alive long enough to make the right choices.

Hope that helps.

kp
Offline Robert9876  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 12:44:25 PM(UTC)
Robert9876

Yes, thank you KP, it does. I only wish I had found FH and TOM and YY years ago so that I could already have all of this read...
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes